1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpb1116. Show jpb1116's posts

#7 Overall Pick for New England

Tell me, all...how would a third round pick look if his name were jamie Silva from BC? Would that be awesome or what?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidwa. Show davidwa's posts

Jamie Silva made Espn's bowl game selection at Safety, he had MVP in his game, 10 tackles plus a recovered fumble. Can't say I know enough about him, however, he had a heck of a bowl game. How did he play during the yr before the bowl game?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mo-42. Show mo-42's posts

Faucetman,

I agree that our Defense lacks speed and our Offense is masking thatproblem. But, I question picking Dan Connor for that veryreason....yes he is vesatile (a BB trait) but he is not fast by anystretch of the imagination. I think Rivers has more of the speedyou are looking for but he definitely isn't a candidate to play insideand he doesn't have the size that BB likes on the edge. I guess Ijust talked myself out of Rivers...lol.

I don't see the Pats taking either guy. I still think they take Gholston IF he has the feet to play OLB in coverage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mo-42. Show mo-42's posts

After watching Mendenhall get run over trying to pass protect againstMalaluga, I don't think he gets drafted that high. RBs must beable to pass protect in the pros.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mo-42. Show mo-42's posts

True but Mendenhall is no Peterson. I also remember reading thatwas the reason Peterson was sharing time in the backfield for 1/2 of aseason....he didn't know how to pass protect. Of course, as goodas Peterson is, there should be NO reason for him to share time....lol.

I could be wrong but I'm guessing Mendenhall could slide due to all of the quality RBs coming out in the draft.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjklaw. Show jjklaw's posts

I wouldn't close the door on Long. The Raiders have done some stupid stuff on Draft Day and passing on this kid just might be something they're dumb enough to do. They may go O-Line again according to a lot of folks. Based on the need of some other teams picking 1-6 that might cause Long to still be available. The kid from Ohio State looked very "not ready for Prime Time" in the LSU game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjklaw. Show jjklaw's posts

I know what you mean. One of the only times we will ever have to worry about the Jets. But they will go offense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjklaw. Show jjklaw's posts

You are right NS40. I have seen him going to the Rams at #2 on a lot of boards. Hopefully he doesn't blow everybody away at the combines. Maybe then he'll drop a few spots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

To NorthShore40: The guy you want who can play smash-mouth football and has the speed to drop back and give you good pass coverage is Ray Maualuga from USC. If he comes out he will be the best middle linebacker on the board.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

It looks like Laurinitis isn't coming out this year. That is a real mistake on his part unless Maulauga comes out this year. I don't think laurinitis's value will be any higher and he could turn into a Linehart dropping like a rock.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Come on folks.......haven't you all taken note on what they do? Past facts: Fact 1: If the value is there they will use the pick. If it isn't they will trade. Fact 2: They tend to build from the line then move out from there. If there is a good DL that is probably were they will go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fantasyfootball. Show fantasyfootball's posts

Don't be suprised if they take one of the top 2 QBs in the draft with their pick (Ryan, Brohm?). They could groom him....they would also be smart in bluffing at taking one of them to get teams to trade up with them that want/need one of a top QB.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidwa. Show davidwa's posts

Faucetman,

You're probably right. I think if the Pats move down, it won't be past the 10-15 range, if they move down at all. In a league with only a few great QB's, there may be a team or two that will take a chance on a top collegiate QB (although I think next yr will be much better for top tier QB's) I wonder how Gholston would transition from Dline to Linebacker, he'd be a big fast LB at 260, if he could make the transition. Rushing the QB nearly every play is a lot different than making tackles behind the line of scrimmage in the Pats defense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

I got beaten to the post, but Laurinaitis is going back for his senior season. I dont think we would have taken him anyway. BPA says they take Phillips-the safety from miami, but a trade down is possible. Dont see any lb's worth the #7 pick, but that may change after combine.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidwa. Show davidwa's posts

jesgir80,

C Long & J Long will probably be off the board. (It'd be great if one of them slid to the Pats in the draft) C Long could be ideal defensive playmaker. I think he's a Pats type of versatile/hard working player. J Long could be the LT of the future & RT in the short term. C Cambell of Miami is an intriguing pick, however, he had a drop in production from 10.5 sacks in 06, to 6.5 sacks in 07 plus Miami really had an off yr. Maybe his drop in production was caused by more focus of Olines & less surrounding talent, either way, he comes with questions & may slide in the draft. He's big, talented & has lots of potential but I doubt he'd be picked at #7 by the Pats with their current needs.

I think the Pats if they pick LB, it will be a player in the 255-270lb range. Size wise Gholston is ideal at 264lb he's almost as big as A Thomas at 270 & he'd be as fast. He's my guess, at OSU in zone coverages they had a "Leo" play where he dropped into coverage. The Pats can see how he did on those plays.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mo-42. Show mo-42's posts

TP,

I would love for the Pats to draft Maualuga or even another LB from USCBrian Cushing. I believe both would fit well in the Pats systemwith Maualuga having the size and Cushing having the versatility.

One problem....today is deadline day and I haven't heard anything aboutthese guys declaring. In fact, both stated immediately after theRose Bowl that they were staying in school. Hope one or bothchanged their mind and filed right before the deadline.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fessin. Show fessin's posts

Pats don't have the 32nd Pick anymore. They lost that because of the spygate crap.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Faucetman, keep up the great posting. They are very informative and much appreciated!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

FAUCET, great research on draft prospects. I love the draft.

If you or any other draft guru's want a good draft site...........

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/

it has tons of fans mock drafts and other mock draft links. enjoy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Somebody asked if there was any love for Talib. He's on my short list of corners along with Cason. What is also interesting is that I've heard talk out here of Trufant opting for free agency. Anyone heard anything on that?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtg5017. Show gtg5017's posts

Hey, what do u guys think about using a 2nd round pick on James Hardy, WR, (Indiana), if he's still there when we pick? The guys an asbolute freak! Something like 6'6"-6'7" and runs around a 4.4. I had the chance to watch him play vs my Nittany Lions and he absolutely tore Joe Pa's defense a new one. Thoughts??

Sections
Shortcuts