1. You have chosen to ignore posts from grandycarol. Show grandycarol's posts

A fan has something to say to Manny

You have denounced the Red Sox and your fans for the last time. You displayed your true ignorance last night during your interview after the game. When asked if you had anything to say to the fans back in Boston, you said no and laughed like a fool. Well, the last laugh is on you, Manny. There are those fans who still hold you in the highest regard because of all you meant to us while you were here and wished you well, regardless, when you went to LA. You are an egotistical jerk, a quitter, a faker, a lightening fast runner (who knew !) and, again, you have insulted folks who have cared a great deal about you over the years. Watch out LA, when he tires of you, he will smile the whole time he is twisting the knife in your heart. He may be a great hitter but he is a very small man.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve49. Show steve49's posts

Grandy, get over it. Manny is long gone and anything he says has no bearing on anyone other than Manny. Enjoy what you have in this version of the Sox and get ready for some great baseball for the rest of the year. Let Manny talk all he wants; like himself in his last days as a Red Sox, it is meaningless.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from grandycarol. Show grandycarol's posts

Steve, I know you're right, but I just had to get it out of my system! The Sox are doing just fine without 'him' and I am enjoying this postseason very much and am looking forward to tonight's game. GO SOX !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davescout. Show davescout's posts

Want some cheese with that wine??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

Thing is the media can't let it go, what reporter in their right mind would bring up the Sox in a post ALDS clinching game interview with Manny?? we all know who now! a stupid question to be asked.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runnels. Show Runnels's posts

Granny -
    You really should read the T.J. Simers column in today's (Sunday) LA Times. It explains completely, how not only Manny, but also Joe Torre helped make the Dodgers a winner, while Mike Scioscia once again allowed his team to be the losers.
    Joe Torre embraced Manny's easy-going attitude, and the fun atmosphere that he brought to the Dodger clubhouse.
    Scioscia scowled and growled and made each day a boring workday for his team, where emotions were not allowed.
    The Angels probably have more talent than the Dodgers, but they do not allow it to flow to the surface in big situations, because they are so uptight and corporate in their approach.
    Manny brought enthusiasm and fun, as well as immense talent, to the Dodgers, and Joe Torre was wise enough to embrace it, not fight against it.
    So now the Dodgers have over-achieved, while the very talented Angels have been eliminated...AGAIN!
    Maybe that is why Joe Torre and Manny have a combined 8 World Series rings. Their ability to adapt and have fun, even under pressure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from grandycarol. Show grandycarol's posts

[Quote]Want some cheese with that wine??[/Quote]I'm terribly sorry if I have come off appearing to be whining. I just felt like I had been slapped in the face by Manny. I know what he says and does is meaningless to Red Sox fans at this point. And, I can also appreciate what Joe Torre, for whom I have much respect, has done with the Dodger's this year. Manny really doesn't rent space in my head. The interviewer was an idiot for even asking the question at that time and, having been insulted, I expressed myself which is what I presumed these message boards were for.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cogtc777. Show cogtc777's posts

Runnels,
    What a mediocre answer or might I say a post modernist perspective. If all is well, we adapt this perspective, yet how soon you forget what went on in June and July in Boston when Manny was being Manny. There was chaos, internal turmoil, and in the end, NOONE in the Boston clubhouse stood up for Manny, and I can't recall anyone in the clubhouse since then wishing they had Manny back. It's just the unknown that is scaring anyone who wishes Manny were here, and I might add, we can focus on Baseball rather than everything but baseball. For the purest, he who loves the game and it's nuances, this is a great time of year. Jason Bay, John Lester, and even now JD Drew and his resurgence is what excites many true Sox fans. Remember a large portion of Red Sox nation, as we know it today wouldn't be on the bandwagon if they had not won game 7 in 2004 or the WS in 2007. In fact we would not have this pseudo following. I was around starting in 1969, and have had to listen to Yankee fans rub it in my face in the 1990's. I wonder what one might say if the Sox go on and win this years WS, now without Manny, Pedro, JohnnyD and the character flawed players who made up the 2004 winner. I guess it is just that I hate having to read about the primadona's in todays sports who are really only in it for the money. The old school fan loves Pedroia, Lester and the many Sox players of today, and if Beckett is healthy, we may get another one in 2008!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

So could Manny have said anything that would make you happy?

Really?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Recifense. Show Recifense's posts

So Runnels (I remember Pete at second and first base) tells us he doesn't like the pseudo following of the new Red Sox who haven't been around as long as he has, which he says is 1969. I used to go to Fenway when Ted was playing. I remember Frank Malzone, Don Budden, Jim Pagliaroni, Petrocelli, Jackie Jensen, Pumpsy Green, Pinky Higgins, Gary Geiger, Mel Parnell. So what? It only means that I'm too damned old. Better for me if I were a new pseudo fan who is 50 years younger. And Whether you view Manny as something good or as something bad in Sox history doesn't matter either. He was both. Glass half full or half empty is an ink-blot test. I am enjoying this year's good Sox team just like I enjoyed some that were pretty damned bad over the years. Just like I love my kids when they make me proud and when they shame me. At least for a few innings tonight I won't have to think about the possibility of Palin being President. Not that would bring shame.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcoIslandFla. Show MarcoIslandFla's posts

No apology necessary Grandy, we all feel somewhat betrayed by Manny. In fact, he never wanted to be here in the first place. Upon arrival, he said that he wanted to be a Yankee someday. It would be difficult to imagine that behavior from any other player making $20 mil. per year. We had a star within the lines of the batter's box and a nitwit outside of them. His behavior in his last two months here was inexcusable and unforgivable. He deserves a chorus of boos should he visit Fenway Park.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Manny should just have apologized to granny and all would be forgotten. My heavens people we are 1 game away from the championship series let it go!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vissigoth. Show vissigoth's posts

I wonder what one might say if the Sox go on and win this years WS, now without Manny, Pedro, JohnnyD and the character flawed players who made up the 2004 winner.

I don't like that Johnny D went the Yanks, but I don't know that he really does have any charecter flaws. The redsox did not take Johnny Damon very seriously when it came time to resign him. In fact they did not even meet with him until well into the off season. Johnny Damon played hard for Boston and as proffesional athletes go I think he was/is a pretty stand up guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firefligh. Show Firefligh's posts

I have something to say to Manny, too.

And that is how heartbreaking it was hearing your response last night (when of course, questioned about the trillionith time by the post-game press) to what it was like to be in LA after getting out of Boston.

'All I can say is it's like the light at the end of the tunnel", you replied.

None of us, not the fickle fans ready to turn on our players when they're less than a perfect facsimile of our ideal 'hero-athlete', not the filthy-vindictive, obsessed Boston sportspress, not the lying hypocritical Theo Epstein (cool how Simmons pointed out so well this week how Gorilla Suit 'quit on the team' when he wanted a new contract), and certainly not the average witch-hunting citizen of Boston-Salem who feels HIS entertainment is more important that YOUR happiness is going to give consideration to the level of misery expressed by that comment.

You made 20 mil per year here, how dare you view the priviilege of playing for the Boston Red Sox as some unfair prison sentence, some near terminal disease to be battled constantly through, some Herculean psychological struggle that had to be borne, and somehow transcended? A tunnel, Manny? Eight years in a black hole of misery?

Yet apparently that was the prize your eye was on - escape, freedom- a light at the end of that tunnel of despair your only beacon of hope. A ticket OUT, by hook or by crook before you gave up and in. ;)

Getting out of this anal hellhole of cold-culture self-importance, this humorless dump of conceited iniquity, this 'Red Sox Nation' so well populated by bigots, zealots, and nitwits. LMAO! What was your rush?

Your remark would be absurd, totally so, if this board did not daily reflect the uncivilzed animosity this town is best known for, the mean spirited desire to see you physically harmed by a beaning or worse, the gossip mongering National Enquirer mentality ready to dissect every scurrilous notion, the one-sided 'reasoning' that places all wrong on your shoulders, and absolves the lying leaking hypocrites of theirs, and of course, the lowlife vindictive posturing of assorted dirtbags who hate you just because you're the BEST at what your do and don't want to do it for THEM anymore.

The total sense of RELIEF with which you made the statement, Manny, reminded us once again how much of a hell we made for you here and those of us with any sense of human remorse regret it deeply, and extend you our apologies. You more than anyone were responsible for leading us out of 86 years in the wildnerness, and you more than anyone we refused to understand. For all our 'Manny being Manny' lip service, we had zero desire to know who you were.

Don't expect forgiveness, just more recrimination - we are incapable of turning that always razor sharp eye of criticism on ourselves - we are perfect here in our little corner of the universe, and any soul that does not conform to our sterile images of humanity must be cast out. And wished beaned.

Now go on, Manny, keep playing hard to your guileless heart's content, keep winning, keep setting more records, keep proving you are the BEST RIGHT HANDED HITTER EVER, keep making more and more fans and teammates in LA love you...forget this black hole of spite and vindictiveness and be HAPPY.

The old cliche 'living well is the best revenge' is apropos here - nothing assaults your detractors and smites the haters more than seeing you SMILE. So shine that light at the end of the tunnel you won thru who knows how much frustration back on your own dear self - any dispersed light will only reflect back on what you left behind - a town full of loser fans and soulless mediots.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Enough about Manny...My God. Whether you hate him or love him, he's gone. It's over. Go rant or gush about him on a Dodgers board.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Manny is a POS end of story.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cogtc777. Show cogtc777's posts

For those of you who watch these selfish atletes cry and moan about how tough they have it when they have to endure the opinions of those in the press and in the blogs, and then come to their defense, shame on you, Work hard and accept the criticism when it comes and rejoice when you getthe accolades, remember your time is only brief and the cheers only last for a moment. Most of us would take everything thrown at us critically if we could have the opportunity to spend one year in the majors. I don't see any of these guys rejecting a paycheck when they underperform or act like a fool as Manny did. I enjoyed his skills, but never enjoyed his act, it was selfish and lacked character. Manny never forgot how priveleged he was, but usually forgot the responsibility it came with, and it does, remember to whom much is given, much is required, oops, I waxed religious, forgive me its Sunday!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runnels. Show Runnels's posts

Recif -
    No, I didnt say any of that. You have my post mixed up with Cogtc777. I don't even know what a "pseudo fan" is, so I sure as hell wouldn't use that term.
    I'm glad you remember Frank Malzone, Jim Pagliaroni, Carroll Hardy and all the others. So do I buddy, I'm 59 and I recall all of them and lots more.
    Next time, if you want to rant against me.....at least know which post you are talking to.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3007291. Show user_3007291's posts

[Quote]

Granny -
    You really should read the T.J. Simers column in today's (Sunday) LA Times. It explains completely, how not only Manny, but also Joe Torre helped make the Dodgers a winner, while Mike Scioscia once again allowed his team to be the losers.
    Joe Torre embraced Manny's easy-going attitude, and the fun atmosphere that he brought to the Dodger clubhouse.
    Scioscia scowled and growled and made each day a boring workday for his team, where emotions were not allowed.
    The Angels probably have more talent than the Dodgers, but they do not allow it to flow to the surface in big situations, because they are so uptight and corporate in their approach.
    Manny brought enthusiasm and fun, as well as immense talent, to the Dodgers, and Joe Torre was wise enough to embrace it, not fight against it.
    So now the Dodgers have over-achieved, while the very talented Angels have been eliminated...AGAIN!

Maybe that is why Joe Torre and Manny have a combined 8 World Series rings. Their ability to adapt and have fun, even under pressure.

[/Quote]

Dansdad, I mean Runnels,
    I believe Joe Torre has 4 WS rings and Manny also two. That's 6 total not eight. Maybe after this year it will be 8.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runnels. Show Runnels's posts

ScanMan -
    Yea, thanks with the math bro. Addition always was not my strong suit. But it was quite a good article, don't you think?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

Guys.....don't take anything Manny says seriously. He's a strange person, he says one thing one day, another thing the next. he asked to be traded a 100 times, but also said many times he wanted to end his career here. At the last second before he was traded to the Dodgers he had his agent try and get the trade stopped because Manny wanted to stay. He's in LA now and he's going to say that he's happy there because that's where he happens to be at the momment. He doesn't speak very good english, a lot of the time saying things that don't even make any sense. I think sometimes he is misunderstood and taken the wrong way. What he did was wrong sitting out those 2 games, but it was just 2 games that he missed, plus the slower that usual running of the bases he did in the last 2 games he played in.....People make it sound like he took the entire month off and that while he was here he wasn't playing good, which is incorrect because he was batting over .300 i believe in the final weeks he was here, he even hit a HR in his 2nd to last game. I beleive the things that he said and did in the final weeks with Boston were more to get back at the ownership that he thought had done him wrong or lied to him(and maybe they did) but i really don't think he ment to hurt his teammates or his fans. Let's all just move on and wish him well and enjoy Jason Bay and the rest of the Red Sox this October and hope maybe the Sox meet the Dodgers in the WS.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3007291. Show user_3007291's posts

[Quote] ScanMan -
    Yea, thanks with the math bro. Addition always was not my strong suit. But it was quite a good article, don't you think?
    [/Quote]

Yeah, I read the article. I spent some time in LA and Simers writes some interesting stuff, especially about the Lakers. He writes more like a fan or a buddy. I think he had a crush on Kobie, but maybe its Manny now. Next year maybe it will be Lupica who ghost writes Manny's book. What do you think the title should be.....I did it my way?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runnels. Show Runnels's posts

ScanMan -
    I like your idea for a title, but I'm sure if there ever is a book, they will call it Manny Being Manny, or Manny On Manny.
    I sort of like the way Simers writes, especially after reading Shaughnessy and the other Boston boobs for so many years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ltpm3. Show ltpm3's posts

Not so fast Runnels... the Angels werent eliminated tonight... the Red Sox gave them the game and let their confidence run high again. They left 20 runners stranded thru out the night. All they needed was one hit anywhere from the 9th to the 12th innings...they got nothing. Even our best batters were silenced tonight.. and it wasnt the Angels that did it to them....they did it to themselves!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ltpm3. Show ltpm3's posts

I am so glad that Manny is gone. If you look at the pics from the world series last year or even in 2004, no one was celebrating with him. I think he was making trouble back that far. He was in and out of games last year with his fake injury. Manny is a spoiled, self-centered rich boy. He and his agent should both get a swift kick in the butt. Everyone knows all this garbage from him is because he wants a new contract. Personally, I hope he cant find a team that will pay him the money and years he wants. And we all know that if he gets it, it will just be a matter of time before he does the injured knee trick again.