1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

A-Rod to have hip surgery,miss 6-9 weeks

It's a kind of hybrid surgery. Worse case scenerio, he returns, hustles down to 1st base on a slow roller, tears the heck out of the labrum and is out for the season. Normally I do not wish an injury on any player, but I'm making an exception for Alex. I think of that line from the movie, A Few Good Men. "He had no honor, he had no code and God was watching." Yep, Arod deserves bad Karma.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AS A RED SOX FAN I JUST SIT HERE AND SHAKE MY HEAD !!!!! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN AN OWNER HAS MORE $$$$$ THAN THE "BIG O" AND BARNEY FRANK!! ( WHAT, IT'S NOT THEIR $$$$ )......... 250 MILL+ OVER 7 - 10 YEARS IS JUST SOOOOOOO STUPID !! I TRUST THAT THEY HAVE A GOOD INSURANCE POLICY ! OR CALL ROGER AND GET SOME OF THAT MAGIC JUICE FROM TEXAS !!!!!! YOU DON'T SEE THE RED SOX WITH CONTRACTS LIKE THAT !!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

LOL... Half truths and now half a Surgery !! Maybe he should get his cousin to assist Doctor Plillipon ?? This Season has train wreck written all over it !! Couldn't happen to a better organization !! Now it looks like they're desperately trying to sell those luxury seats by getting A-Rod out there one way or the other !! I guess he met the Yankmes "Half Way", No sense doing it one time the right way when you can have surgery twice !! LOL

GO SOX 2009 !!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

The Yankees are being totally irresponsible here and they will live to regret this decision. They should sit him out, give him full blown surgery, and get him back to health. Basically now they are commiting to two surgeries, one to alleviate pain followed by a second end of season to solve the problem. They are making, as usual, a short term emotion based decision that is not in the best interest of the player or the organization. It is the intense upset about missing the playoffs 2 years in a row.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[Quote]The Yankees are being totally irresponsible here and they will live to regret this decision. They should sit him out, give him full blown surgery, and get him back to health. Basically now they are commiting to two surgeries, one to alleviate pain followed by a second end of season to solve the problem. They are making, as usual, a short term emotion based decision that is not in the best interest of the player or the organization. It is the intense upset about missing the playoffs 2 years in a row.[/Quote]

More like ticket sales not going as well as they thought !!

GO SOX 2009 !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdady1955100. Show bigdady1955100's posts

Look at the bright side Sux fans, maybe now you may stand a chance in the AL East... of course until Arod comes back LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee2005. Show yankee2005's posts

Haha. I can see that the sox fans are all pissed off its just 6 weeks. Most were just wishing and praying that ARod was gone for the season or at least was out for an extended period of time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from manfredoko. Show manfredoko's posts

I would probably rather have A-Rod out for the 6-9 weeks and then not be 100% for the rest of the year, with the risk that he may need another surgery should the injury worsen, or definitely a full blown surgery after the season.

Any yankee fan that brags about the current condition and shape of their team in contrast to the Red Sox team is completely blind. The yankees have 0 depth, which is obvious when Cody Ransom is taking over for A-Rod, and the shallow depth of their starting rotation, while the Red Sox boast about their enormous depth all over the field. Get your facts straight Yankee fans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

[Quote]
    Haha. I can see that the sox fans are all pissed off its just 6 weeks. Most were just wishing and praying that ARod was gone for the season or at least was out for an extended period of time.
    [/Quote]

Like the previous poster said, this is the ideal situation for the Sox. A-Rod misses a month or so and then comes back far below 100 percent. Don't know if you know this, but the hips are kind of an important aspect of a hitter's swing. I don't expect huge numbers from A-Rod, and wouldn't be surprised if he was forced to shut it down before the end of the season (Which, if the Yankees make the playoffs, might be a welcomed sign in October for NY fans)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LPS2-willfightyou. Show LPS2-willfightyou's posts

It's been confirmed that Aroid will need a 2nd surgery after the season. He will have the first to relieve joint pressure and pain, but I hardly expect him to be at 100 percent for the rest of the season. Much like Mike Lowell, he'll struggle at third and running the bases if the injury flares up....I hope teams test him immediately with bunts down the line.

As a red sox fan, i'm far more concerened with the health questions of our own starting 9, but i'll take a weakened yankees lineup for a few months as a good thing.

A few buddies and I are down in Ft Myers blogging about the Sox, check us out at: www.insidethesox.blogspot.com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

The strategy is tremendous depth for both the 25 and 40 man roster, to spread the risk. It is a very shrewd strategy. Very deep starting staff, very deep bullpen, very diverse bench, tremendous minor league pipeline...Smart, smart Theo...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

The strategy is tremendous depth for both the 25 and 40 man roster, to spread the risk. It is a very shrewd strategy. Very deep starting staff, very deep bullpen, very diverse bench, tremendous minor league pipeline...Smart, smart Theo...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

As usual the Yank fans/trolls are in denial abt their hero. Keep wearing those rose colored glasses and keep thinking that
    A-Fraud will continue to put up big numbers once he returns from surgery. It's all down hill now for this lier and cheat! The roid withdrawal has started and once Nomar went off the roids he had multiple injuries as his body started breaking down. Stick a fork in A-Fraud he's done!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[Quote]
    [/Quote]

Don't count me in your "most" Sox fan point. I hope he plays the whole season. There will be no excuses when the Sox have a better season. Just like when the Yanks brought in randy Johnson, You thought the parade down the Canyon of Zeros should have taken place right then. I said bring them on. We all Randy didn't work out too well. I don't wish injury on anyone. So, lace em up and let's go!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

Oh damn, what a bummer having all those millions sitting in the dugout. Which Yankee pitcher is going to be the next "Carl Pavano"???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Any yankee fan that brags about the current condition and shape of their team in contrast to the Red Sox team is completely blind. The yankees have 0 depth, which is obvious when Cody Ransom is taking over for A-Rod, and the shallow depth of their starting rotation, while the Red Sox boast about their enormous depth all over the field. Get your facts straight Yankee fans
    Manfredoko--you're actually going to have to win games on the field soon with that god-forsaken lineup instead of trying to win it in a forum. You might want to take some of that "enormous depth" and put in in the starting lineup. You may try some of the bullpen guys in the 7-8-9 slots.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

As for the Yankee trolls. They pointed to all the health questions the Sox had. Now they have another one to add to their list (Burnett, Damon, Matsui, Rivera, Posada, and now A-Rod). Plus, A-Rod will be a question mark just as big next season as well (just as Lowell is for us). Wouldn't it be better for the Yankees to put A-Rod under the big knife and do the job properly and perhaps have him see his first game in August some time, and be fine in spring 2010?

As for we Sox fans, it is probably best that the Yankees have A-Rod in the lineup at 70-75% all year and coming off a second surgery next year! We've all seen teams that pull together and win despite losing one of their big stars. And I'm not sure that Alex has ever carried the Yankees on his back. But him playing with limited range at 3B, reduced power in his swing, and reduced base-running speed is a good thing for us, as Red Sox fans. Quick recovery, Alex!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]
    Look at the bright side Sux fans, maybe now you may stand a chance in the AL East... of course until Arod comes back LOL
    [/Quote]

Actually the Skanks didn't have hope of making it to the playoffs for the second year in a row....now they will fight for 3rd place with Baltimore and Toronto! LOL! Even when A-roid fraud comes back!

NO DEPTH WILL KILL YOUR TEAM!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]Any yankee fan that brags about the current condition and shape of their team in contrast to the Red Sox team is completely blind. The yankees have 0 depth, which is obvious when Cody Ransom is taking over for A-Rod, and the shallow depth of their starting rotation, while the Red Sox boast about their enormous depth all over the field. Get your facts straight Yankee fans
    Manfredoko--you're actually going to have to win games on the field soon with that god-forsaken lineup instead of trying to win it in a forum. You might want to take some of that "enormous depth" and put in in the starting lineup. You may try some of the bullpen guys in the 7-8-9 slots.
    [/Quote]

nothing like a Skanks fan that has no knowledge of baseball....LOL!

Skanks have crap at 7-8-9 and now they don't have a 3b for 2 months....and ok bullpen, an injury prone 2nd, 3rd and 4th starters....and NO 5th starter.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Is there something about Baldelli/Kotsay (Drew for ten minutes), Lugo, and Varitek we don't know?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]As for the Yankee trolls. They pointed to all the health questions the Sox had. Now they have another one to add to their list (Burnett, Damon, Matsui, Rivera, Posada, and now A-Rod). Plus, A-Rod will be a question mark just as big next season as well (just as Lowell is for us). Wouldn't it be better for the Yankees to put A-Rod under the big knife and do the job properly and perhaps have him see his first game in August some time, and be fine in spring 2010?

As for we Sox fans, it is probably best that the Yankees have A-Rod in the lineup at 70-75% all year and coming off a second surgery next year! We've all seen teams that pull together and win despite losing one of their big stars. And I'm not sure that Alex has ever carried the Yankees on his back. But him playing with limited range at 3B, reduced power in his swing, and reduced base-running speed is a good thing for us, as Red Sox fans. Quick recovery, Alex![/Quote]

LOL! Maybe they can put him at DH with all the other defensive liabilities (Damon, Matzui, Posada).....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seabeachedfred. Show Seabeachedfred's posts

Wouldn't it be better for the Yankees to put A-Rod under the big knife and do the job properly and perhaps have him see his first game in August some time, and be fine in spring 2010?

Hey Einstein, according to the person who, you know, actually performed the surgery, they did do the job properly:

* * * UPDATE, 12:50 p.m.: Dr. Marc Philippon just did a brief Q&A with the media. A-Rod came through the surgery fine. Get this, before the end of the day the rehab protocol calls for him to ride an exercise bike. He’ll do range of motion exercises through the weekend before they get to muscle-memory exercises. Dr.Philippon said there was “no doubt” they made the right choice.
    He even guaranteed A-Rod would hit in the playoffs and be accepted as a true Yankee.
    OK, that’s not true. But the good doctor seemed convinced that A-Rod will be fine and that the rehab will proceed quickly. So that’s good news for the Yankees.

type="text/javascript">
    ShareThis

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Hey Einstein, according to the person who, you know, actually performed the surgery, they did do the job properly:

* * * UPDATE, 12:50 p.m.: Dr. Marc Philippon just did a brief Q&A with the media. A-Rod came through the surgery fine. Get this, before the end of the day the rehab protocol calls for him to ride an exercise bike. He’ll do range of motion exercises through the weekend before they get to muscle-memory exercises. Dr.Philippon said there was “no doubt” they made the right choice.

Well, baby Einstein. Phillipon has also said off-season surgery is necessary. So, I take that as this arthroscopic surgery is stop-gap (ie., not having done the job right -- my words, of course). When the Drs. in charge propose two surgeries to correct a condition that can be treated with one surgery, the first surgery is NOT doing the job completely. Nor, IMO, is it doing the job porperly.

But of course you MUST know better than me. You are, after all, such a genius that you had to copy someone else's name. MORON!