1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ufcchamp. Show ufcchamp's posts

AL East standings 2 wks from now

Can't believe I'm still tracking the Rays in August but they're still here. They've got a 10 game west coast/texas trip and then come home to face the Angels. If the Sox aren't 2-3 ahead at the end of that then I'm going to begin to get a little concerned. They'll have used up most of those home games-in-hand, to borrow a hockey term. What do the standings need to look like 2 weeks from now for the Sox to be feeling good?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

Just make the playoffs - who cares if it is the WC or division - I remember yankee fans getting on the sox fans because we snuck in as a WC team for 3 years in a row - "you should be embarrased that you did not win the division -etc etc" but they seemed to have no problem sneaking in as the WC last year. Just get there - and see what happens.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ct-pitcher. Show ct-pitcher's posts

If TB plays .598 ball the rest of the way they win 97 games. For the Sox to just tie TB with 97 wins they have to go 31-16 for their last 47 games - a .659 clip.

Doesn't look likely that the Sox will catch TB as long as TB plays the way they have the whole season up to now. TB needs to take quite a dive and the Sox need a huge winning streak to overtake them even by the end of the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ufcchamp. Show ufcchamp's posts

A 2-3 game lead might be a little unrealistic, but I think they can at least reel them in over the next 14-15 games. I seriously think the Rays will go 4-9...5-8 @ best, and that will hopefully snowball into a pre-all star break(ish) debacle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[Quote]If TB plays .598 ball the rest of the way they win 97 games. For the Sox to just tie TB with 97 wins they have to go 31-16 for their last 47 games - a .659 clip.

Doesn't look likely that the Sox will catch TB as long as TB plays the way they have the whole season up to now. TB needs to take quite a dive and the Sox need a huge winning streak to overtake them even by the end of the season.
    [/Quote]

One of the reasons TB has played as well as they have is because they've had a soft schedule. The rest of the season will be a little more challenging. Remember what happened just before the AS break.

The Sox will be in 1st place by the 24th.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gibsonsg. Show gibsonsg's posts

If this last week is any indication, the Rays are in 1st to stay. Multiple 9th inning comeback wins is likely gonna give them a whole lot of momentum through this month. Looks like we're probably playing for the WC, which is fine with me as long as NY doesnt make the post-season!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The Rays seemed to have a stranglehold on first place going into the All-Star break , but they lost 7 in a row (July 7 - 13) and the Sox made up 5 games in a week.

Don't tell me a 3 game lead is safe for these guys. If the Sox continue to win and put pressure on them , 3 games can disappear in a very short time.

Sections
Shortcuts