1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

ALCS GAME 6 -- Schilling vs Carmona

Good morning everyone!!! On this cold, dreary, rainy October Idaho morning, I find myself smiling. Probably for the sheer reason that there is baseball in Boston tonight & if the team plays their best, the bats stay alive & Schill pitches like it's October, then there's every chance of there being baseball in Boston tomorrow night as well! And that, my friends, is a wonderful thing!

I have no basis for it, but I just have this feeling that Schill is going to be October Schill tonight & give us a great game.

Terrific link here--looks like we will be seeing Ells tonight, which should make Kate a very happy girl!

Theo, were you wable to come up with tickets for the game tonight? I hope you get to be there, sporting a red shirt & being a part of making Fenway shake!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

GM Theo! I am soooo jealous!! Monster seats! Here's hoping Manny flies one over your head...same with Lowell! I don't even want to ask what you had to do for those tickets! LOL!

Here's an update...break out your red tonight Theo!

October 20, 2007

The wearing of the red

By Gordon Edes, Globe Staff

Red Sox officials are asking fans coming to Fenway for tonight's game to wear red as a show of support for the team. That could be a bit confusing, since Indians fans are also known to wear red. "I'm just glad we don't have to deal with those stupid towels,'' said second baseman Dustin Pedroia, evidently unimpressed by the sight of 44,000 fans in Jacobs Field waving their white linens.

The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by Bill Mueller, who won an AL batting title while with the Red Sox in 2003, when he batted .326. But he will always be remembered here as the man who combined with Dave Roberts to save the Sox season three outs away from a four-game sweep by the Yankees. With the Sox down a run, 4-3, Kevin Millar drew a walk from Mariano Rivera. Roberts entered the game as a pinch runner and stole second. Mueller singled up the middle, Roberts scoring. David Ortiz homered in the 12th to win it, and the Sox were on their way to winning four straight.

Posted By: gedes | Time: 10:31:51 AM | Link | Sound off | E-mail to a friend

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Morning Jete! I'm good...how are you? I'm not minding the cold, rainy weather, as I have tons to do in the house today..I'm redoing my kitchen & I have to finish painting my cabinetry today & start working on the walls. Yuck...my reward for doing my work is getting to watch the game tonight though!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Morning Theo. Was waiting for the game thread to be started by you. Congrats on the Monster seats. Make sure you are prepared to catch one from Manny.

This is big stage, elimination game. No room for error. No room for the missed foul pop catch like Youk had one in G4. No room for the catcher converting a DP into a base hit on error like Wake had in G4. No bloops like the one Sizemore had in G5. Need to stretch and catch them all.

Schill is the big question mark. I am not fully confident he can deliver, but will not be surprised if he does. Lester should be ready to go long at the first sign of Schill struggling.

Don't know if Tito will put Ells in place of Coco, but whoever between the 2 plays is going to have at least one big play. I hope Lugo doesn't over extend and make any errors, or near errors.

I have full confidence in the lineup today - Pedroia, Youk, Papi, Manny, Lowell, and even JD. I think one or two of the Tek, Ells/Crisp and Lugo backend will have a big hit.

I would give the edge to Carmona and the Indians in today's game if it was at the Jake, but in Fenway it should be an even matchup.

Let the better team win - and I hope Sox are the better team.

I will be watching the game today from a friend's place, so others hold the fort on these threads. Will be back if Sox make it past today, if not, I will stop by tomorrow if only to say good bye to all the regulars on this board...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chowdakid. Show chowdakid's posts

Should be quite electric tonight.... I feel even if schill pitches well tonight he is still going to give up runs... I'm thinking the sox will need at least 7 runs hopfully no more to win tonights game....

that is a tall order, so I hope that offense is patient, and can get some timely hitting from that stellar part of the order batting 6-9!!

Gooood Luck!! :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thavy5. Show thavy5's posts

You better hope you win this game. The tribe is going to have to take the same approach tonight as the sox are expected to tomorrow. That approach includes winning at all cost. Pitching whoever is available. Because if there is a tomorrow, then you get Dice, Beckett, Lester, Oki, and Paps. Good luck

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thavy5. Show thavy5's posts

I really do hope that we get to see Ellsbury start tonight. There have been a lot of comparisons between him and Sizemore. And having both of them fielding the same position during game 6 of an ALCS really speaks for the future for the sox and the tribe

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fendrguitplayr. Show fendrguitplayr's posts

Red Sox are hot,

Indians are not,

Go for the win,

Too bad for Trot.

GO SOX !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from whateverglobe. Show whateverglobe's posts

In the same decade? Try century!

Let's Go Sox

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostlaw. Show Bostlaw's posts

Game 7 in Wrigley?
    I'm pumped but am i losing my mind?
    Wrigley.Clarify THeo.

Game 7 of the 2003 NLCS was played at Wrigley on Oct. 15, 2003. Marlins beat Cubs 9-6.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

This was expected given Coco's travails at the plate. I hope Ells is not overcome by the pressure of the situation, and no mistakes in the CF. Should be making spectacualr plays to keep Schill in the game.

I am leaving for my friend's house in a few minutes. I will watch the game there.

Go Sox. Go for the W.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Hey Calmy, it has now cleared off into a partly cloudy, chilly day. So, the rain that's travelling your way shouldn't last too long. We have snow in our mountains now & even some on the higher foothills. Summer is gone.

I really thought today was going to drag, heading into the game tonight. However, I've been so dang busy with my painting projects, I can't believe how fast it's flown! Taking a quick break now--I believe a well deserved one.

I too am nervous about Schill. I believe he's going to be bringing his best stuff, but I am still nervous. I just hope the bats stay awake!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Cheers to you too Bob. Good luck. We know how it could be to wait for decades to win the big one, I would root for the Indians to win it all some other year if Sox are not in the mix. Not this year, at least not yet.

This is a great thread. Everyday we have regulars who don't diss out on other teams, may be a bit on the Yankees, but even that not too much. You will be surprised how much these guys know the game. There are all kinds of personalities, all fun. There are some traditions too, like Niv & Dan driving the bus. I hope there is no need for that today and the Sox will have a big lead going into the BP. But if needed, they will be ready....

So long RSN !!! See yall tomorrow, and let's hope we have another game tomorrow.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nautic3727. Show nautic3727's posts

The Boston Red Sox beat The Cleveland Native Americans handily in nine innings. The Red Sox are pumped.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

though i may not like how he carries himself(Sorry Pem)...Josh Beckett has been flat out better than ANY pitcher that's taken the mound this series(maybe this postseason period)...

That's ok Jete...I'll give you a free pass on that one. I may not like everything Becks does, but he's still a freaking stud!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Wow Pem. What don't you like about Becks... he is your boy. ;-))

He is a stud. I am so happy he is pitching for the Sox, and will for another 3 years or so at the very least.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Thirty, Rockies are on a mission. Their minor league coach died when he took a line drive to his head. He was only 40 something. Rox are dedicating this season to him. They are playing very loose. Won't underestimate them.

I would like to see Sox win the ALCS, and sweep the WS though..;-))

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

LOL! Yes bling, Becks is my boy. the only real problem I have with him is his language tendencies. My 13 & 14 year old nephews love him & I'm always worried that he's going to drop some choice words while they're listening. Not a real problem, I realize. But when a guy's that good, you gotta look deep to find a flaw!

I pray that Becks never sees the light of free agency--want to see him extended again before his current contract is up.

Enjoy the game at your friend's Bling!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

I have been on the side of Ells leading off , which I believe is his natural position but at this point I am just glad to see him anywhere on the card. I can see the #8 argument and he has the ability to do damage from that spot. Lets hope he gets at least 5ab , that means we are getting on. Getting to Fausto early is the key and will bring the crowd into it. The controversy that our resident unconscious 'Rasta' has created will keep him wide awake. Manny is swinging the bat as good as at any point in his career, I think he enjoys being under the gun. One more thing about Manny, he has NEVER had a hitter like Lowell protecting him, he is seeing good pitches for a change.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Sadly, I don't see them winning tonight. Schilling is no longer the pitcher he once was and he no longer has an out pitch he can count on.

Also, this is a very good hitting Indian team. I'd feel more confident if the Sox didn't have 3 automatic outs in their lineup.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate0322. Show kate0322's posts

Terrific link here--looks like we will be seeing Ells tonight, which should make Kate a very happy girl!

Just got home from the office and say Jacoby was in tonight, you are very right Pem! I'm extremely happy. Although, seeing him in lead off might have been a little better considering those wonderful fleet feet of his, our ROY doesn't seem to be doing so well there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate0322. Show kate0322's posts

Congradulations Theo! That is fantasic and I'm sure you will have an incredible time up there. Try to goose the crowd into going insane loud.

I'll try to quelsh these mad feelings of envy about your seats.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from heinard. Show heinard's posts

Hi guys from Dominican Republic.

Go Manny, Papi, Schilling

Go soxxxxxxxxx

Sections
Shortcuts