1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

ALCS Game 7 -- Matsuzaka vs. Westbrook

It's an all-or-nothing Game 7 between the Red Sox and Indians at Fenway tonight with a berth in the World Series on the line. It'llbe Daisuke Matsuzaka (at least to start off) against Jake Westbrook. How are you feeling about tonight's matchup? What kind of strategy should Francona implement regarding the pitching staff tonight? Do you think we'll see Josh Beckett at all?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dei991. Show dei991's posts

We had our backs to the wall down 3-1 and won the last 2..All I can say is Hello Colorado!

It is all hands on deck tonight.

Iif Dice K shows he has not got it in comes Beckett, Wake is also Fresh but he requires Belli.

Just think a Pats win today in Miami and a game 7 win tonight at Fenway! What a day for Boston!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimdrumplus. Show slimdrumplus's posts

The winning furmula requires: a) Sox hitters in prime time, a lot of runs needed. Our offense must shellack Westbrook.- b) Matsusaka programmed for not more than 3 or 4 innings, at first sign of weakness, mainly mental, should me removed.- c) 7th to 9th innings must be all for Oki and Paps. Please Tito, no loyalty excuses, keep Gagne in clubhouse without uniform. d) If needed Beckett should get key outs in 5th and/or 6th innings... In sum, from start to seventh innings: K, Lester, Timlin, Beckett, maybe Del Carmen... Oki and Paps to finish.... Wake presence would mean to take Tek out of game, so keep Tim alongside Gagne...

My ideal hitting line up: Ellsbury leading off, Pedroia, hitting in low end....( I am sure Tito wont do it anyway)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from egomaniac. Show egomaniac's posts

I forsee a bit of shootout tonight. I think Dice-K will pitch okay but he'll have another bad inning in which he'll give up 4-5 runs in the 5th or 6th inning. However, I expect the Sox to light up Westbrook tonight after seeing the bottom of the order finally showing some life and subbing in Ellsbury for Crisp. 9-7 Red Sox.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from druboats. Show druboats's posts

wow! a game 7. awesome. after jdrew stepping up last night i'm hoping dice-k gets some inspiration from it. heck, go watch Rudy if you need to. feeling 7 good innings out of him. but will the bats stay patient and/or hot? gotta believe they will. and the indians, that looked so full of p and v, seem so deflated. and i like it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nautic3727. Show nautic3727's posts

Keep a close eye on Dice K. At the first sign of bad, put in Beckett. Oki & Pap's in the 7th, 8th, & 9th. Hello Colorado.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmacd. Show paulmacd's posts

Matsuzaka can do it. He needs some indication early the offense will be there in support. Last night was clear evidence how much it helps. Shilling was great in large part because the offense was there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from spikethedog. Show spikethedog's posts

Sox will be lucky if Dice doesn't roll craps in the first.

He's not up to it in spite of the false bravado showed by his team. He's melting in the sun.

If he blows up and the Sox lose the game watch for endless discussions about the decision to sign him, since even I could lose this game for a couple mil -- and give change back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigfoot14b. Show bigfoot14b's posts

I agree - sort of. Matsuzaka makes me nervous. With runners on base he reminds me alot of the fidgety Matt Clement. If he can get through the order once without giving up any runs, then the bullpen should be up and ready. At the first sign of trouble, Lester should be ready to go (BEFORE the Indians score a touchdown) and he (Lester) should be advised of this scenario in advance. Once through the order for Lester and then Timlin, Oki and Paps.

Beckett should not be necessary. And God help us if they have to use DelCarmen, Lopez or Gagne.

Additionally, the Red Sox hitters need to take Westbrook the other way tonight instead of playing into his hands by trying to pull everything. Cripes, they made a 6-9, 4.20 ERA #3 pitcher look like Bob Gibson the other night.

Use your heads boys.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmiller4930. Show bmiller4930's posts

The Force is with the Red Sox. They'll win no matter who pitches for them tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauloz. Show pauloz's posts

forget Mat'ka and put in Beckett, are you crazy???????????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 04nofluke. Show 04nofluke's posts

This is what it's all about...

All the mistakes we were making in Games 2-4 (bad hops, hitting into countless double plays (!!!!), etc.) have been transferred to the Indians. They make mistake after mistake yesterday.

Those rooks maybe scary next year and beyond, but right now they are neRvOuS! Choking this one away is in the back of their minds. Cleveland coach knows it too--you could see it in the post-game interviews.

Game 7 goes to the Vet's at Fenway.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

I would love nothing better than to see the Red Sox win this...for Daisuke Matsuzaka, and for us.

GO RED SOX!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulashop. Show paulashop's posts

I agree!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from peacemow. Show peacemow's posts

Hit, run, score...repeat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyujohn. Show garyujohn's posts

Save Beckett, at all cost, for the W S!!! We have enough arms available without using Gagne, Wakefield or Beckett. Pull Dice at first sign of Indians "sitting on his pitches".

As I predicted earlier, Drew would be an asset in the Playoffs...He's been hitting with more confidence since Sept..

Hitters will win this GAME! Go SOX!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tsawyer8. Show tsawyer8's posts

Seriously, Millar????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from etyee. Show etyee's posts

Greetings from Red Sox fans in Santa Barbara, CA! We're clinging to our hope in our team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jak15251. Show jak15251's posts

Couldn't agree more. You hit the nail on the head exactly!

If Drew hadn't come thru w/ the based loaded, it would have been a different game.

They need to score at least 3 runs early to help settle the 100 million dollar import.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaks. Show breaks's posts

I watched The Final Game with Sean Astin last week. Awesome baseball flick with a=Rudy type love of the game-as well as a true story-finish. I never lost faith and no true Red Sox fan should have. We've been through this before and we'll be through it again. This is the stuff legends are made of (wtg Drew).

I just secured ducats for games 6 & 7 in the World Series but won't get ahead of myself or the game that is pending tonight.

I have faith so need you to help me out Fenway Faithful and ......

MAKE SOME NOISE!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from djfch. Show djfch's posts

Matsuzaka 5 Innings

Timlin 1 Inning

Delcarmen 1 inning

Okie 1 inning

Paplebon 1 inning

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from eoleary29. Show eoleary29's posts

If they put MDC in, I'm going to lose it... he SUX. I trust him as much as I trust Gagne..

Hey MoBeach... no one is suggesting the entire game rides on Dice K, but he does play a HUGE part. If he doesn't step up and throw at least 5 strong innings, the only way the sox are going to win is if their offense explodes and Westbrook isn't having a good night.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from danieldel. Show danieldel's posts

Hi All,
    A recent relo to Las Cruces from back home. The nation is growing. 10 new members from all over the place, Balt., San Diego, MN, and Hawaii are going to be by the house and we'll all bring it down out here in the beautiful southwest. GOOO SOXXX. DiceK 7innings 2 h 1r. Manny for 1 inning kkk. Paps at the end 2k's, one gone, deep fly caught, WIN 5-3.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dclinks. Show dclinks's posts

Well, Im nervous. Trying to figure out which channels to turn during commercials, and where to sit on the couch, etc. Must be the same as last night. I hope Dice-K does a good job tonight, and I hope that the Sox hitters remain patient against Westbrook. The second lefty did well for Clevenland last night, but I think its was because the Sox were tired. :) Westbrook has a heavy pitch like Carmona, but he uses both side of the plate. Sox have to keep their hands back, and be willing to go with the pitch. I look for Captain to hit well tonight. Patience is a virtue on offense and pitching tonight.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnb3950. Show johnb3950's posts

You are absolutely right about pulling pitchers at the FIRST sign of trouble. That's Tito's weakness, leaving people in too long. For instance, when Wakefield came out for his last inning in that game that didn't go so well(!) , you could just see he was tired, or lost focus, or something . Ok, there's a need to be supportive, but also a need to win!

The exception is Dice-K - h'es is an oddity - he can have a bad inning as early as the 2nd and recover! Let;s just hope he's good at least through 4. Then I think it should be Beckett right away, just to demolish the Tribe.

I think Dice_K is homesick basically....having cultural adaptation troubles.