1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steve3344. Show Steve3344's posts

"another signficant step toward jail for Clemens"

Report: Substances found on Clemens materials

type="text/javascript"> YAHOO.Sports.Window.set ( 'byline' );
    • Buzz up! 33 votes type="text/javascript">YAHOO.util.Event.addListener( window, "load", function() { setTimeout(function(){ new YAHOO.Media.Buzz("buzz-toolbar",{"sync":["buzz-tools"],"showCount":true,"countPosition":"after","fetchCount":false,"loggedIn":true}); }, 15); });
    • Print

NEW YORK (AP)—Federal authorities have found performance-enhancing substances on the materials Brian McNamee said he used to inject Roger Clemens, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

McNamee turned over the syringes, vials and gauze pads to federal investigators last year, after he told baseball investigator George Mitchell he injected the pitcher with steroids and human growth hormone. The Washington Post reported Feb. 6 that tests linked Clemens’ DNA to blood in the syringes given to investigators by McNamee.

Clemens has said repeatedly that McNamee, his former personal trainer, injected him with B-12 and the painkiller lidocaine.

“I assumed, and I am not surprised, that the tests were positive for both DNA and for performance-enhancing drugs, because that’s what Brian said all along, and there’s not much doubt that Brian’s been telling the truth,” McNamee’s lawyer, Richard Emery, told The Associated Press. “The confirmation of that fact, once again, just seems to me to be another significant step towards jail for Clemens.”

A federal grand jury in Washington is investigating whether Clemens lied when he told a congressional committee last year that he didn’t use illegal performance-enhancing substances. McNamee, testifying before the same committee, said he repeatedly injected Clemens with steroids and HGH.

Rusty Hardin, Clemens’ lawyer, did not return a telephone call seeking comment.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

I would love to see it, but I doubt Clemens is going to jail

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]I would love to see it, but I doubt Clemens is going to jail[/Quote]

He will, or else sending Marion Jones to jail will look like unequal justice. Time for Roger to get a real lawyer. Waging a publicity campaign against MacNamee is fine when you're talking to the press, but Emory is a real lawyer, and Congress has all the tools needed for prosecution. He just got real bad advice if he thought he could BS Congress.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I guess it's being proven that Roger cheated but I still have mixed feelings. He is a hall of fame pitcher and when he was here he was ours. I'm starting to feel sorry for him. I hope he doesn't do jail time. Maybe I'm being to nice??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

Clemens and Bonds will be roomies with Tiny, Mike Tyson's former buck buddy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommissionerBS. Show CommissionerBS's posts

[Quote]

...Emory is a real lawyer...[/Quote]

I'm sure Emory is expensive. McNamee's other lawyer(s) as well. All the articles/interviews back at Day 1 had McNamee crying about how he had lost everything and was flat broke. So who's been paying the expensive lawyers all these months?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]

I'm sure Emory is expensive. McNamee's other lawyer(s) as well. All the articles/interviews back at Day 1 had McNamee crying about how he had lost everything and was flat broke. So who's been paying the expensive lawyers all these months?[/Quote]

I think that's a fascinating, unanswered question. Emory is a former civil rights lawyer with a good rep. I asked the same question the day he took the case. Someone like Mac probably doesn't a foot inside his office. Does Emory work on spec for a defamation suit? Does someone with a grudge against Clemens put up $100k? Whatever the answer, I knew on day 1 that Emory doesn't get involved unless it was a slamdunk case against Clemens. Clemens attorney should've realized the same thing. Not just with this, but in real life, if someone does something unusual, you need to ask yourself why.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Clemens will deny it all the way to the bank, I mean jail...

Sections
Shortcuts