1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

Afternoon everyone!� My nephew has a soccer game during the Sox game this evening, so I'll be catching my updates via the radio.� I would bet that JD's not in the lineup simply to give him a little break.� I would guess that Francona's going to handle this season very much like last season, with getting the regulars regular breaks.� And when you've got the ability to have the speed of Ells, Coco & Lugo in the lineup, that is never a bad thing.�

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

Hey Firefligh and BSports9..how are you?...and followed up by our mini-get together..God, could we have at least ONE two hour game?..LOL!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

Hi Pem...double duty for you huh?..good luck(soccer and Sox)...�

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tahoepow. Show tahoepow's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

I am sure JD is just getting a day off. He has actually played every single game since oakland. I think it is a good move by Tito to let him rest. His bat is doing great so lets keep him healthy. Just a thought but is it me or is this lineup a little weird tonight. Out are tek, lowell(dl of course), casey, and drew. That is basically half our regulars. What will be nice to see is the new kid. This will be lowries first major league start. Personally I am excited to see what the kid brings to the table. A switch hitting ss is definitly very rare. He is playing 3b tonight but he is for� the most parts considered an ss. WHo knows a few good games and it could increase his trade value a bit more all though it is high. I could see this kid getting traded later in the season for pitching if we need it. Anyways it will be exciting to watch him play his first game. I hope he does a great job. Paul Byrd has been throwing like crap for the indians. So even with our entire bench playing tonight we should be able to put a lot of runs up against him and win this game handily. That of course is assuming Wakefield pitches well. I think if it is windy he may not unfotunately. Anyways as always go sox lets win this one for the skipper lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

Yep, tonight's another soccer night.� I normally really enjoy his games, but it is cold here today & extremely windy.� This might just be a game I end up watching from the car!Good luck to you guys tonight as well.� The Rays always give you guys fits.�

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

This is an interesting lineup, some doing well so far and some struggling�Red Sox
    1. Coco Crisp, CF���������������.343���pretty damn good
    2. Dustin Pedroia, 2B���������.286���pretty good for a second year player
    3. David Ortiz, DH��������������� .104�� I have a feeling this will improve over the season
    4. Manny Ramirez, LF���������.309���about where you might expect him to be
    5. Kevin Youkilis, 1B������������.375�� off to a great start
    6. Jacoby Ellsbury, RF���������.261�� probably where he should be as a rookie
    7. Julio Lugo, SS������������������ .239� this is a problem .....again
    8. Jed Lowrie, 3B������������������we shall see, not fair to evaluate him yet
    9. Kevin Cash, C������������������.286��� better than MirabelliP -- Tim Wakefield���������������� It's Wakefield........you know what you get every yearoverall, other than Ortiz, the team is playing well, hitting ok, should get better, pitching has been ok and probably will get better as well.......................team is in good shape.�

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 191820042007. Show 191820042007's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

hey, papi would'be great cuz� Yanks had dug out his jersey.......�

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tahoepow. Show tahoepow's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

Yeah Ellsbury could have a big night. There is no way Byrd can sneak his fb past ells on the inner half of the plate. For that matter byrd can't sneak his fb past anyone on any part of the plate. Byrd is off the hgh and he looks like crap this year. I expect a solid victory from the sox tonight anything less is pretty much unaccaptable with byrd on the mound.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tahoepow. Show tahoepow's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

Byrd was a completely different pitcher then when we saw him last. He is not able to throw over the strike zone with any consistincy. Which means he isn't locating his stuff. Think mike mussina with even less velocty then mussina. If Byrd can't locate he has no chance. So far this year he has shown zero ability to locate and while he may locate a little better it is going to take more then one start for him to get straightened out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cujo23. Show cujo23's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

don't take this one personally, but an analysis of BA at this point is rediculous.� If a guy is�1 for 4 going into the ninth of a game he is batting .250.� If he hits a broken bat single, his average for that game goes to .400.� We aren't�quite at that few at bats, but�I think you can get the point.� Lugo came through pretty large last night so I think he deserves a break for the day!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

don't take this one personally, but an analysis of BA at this point is rediculous.� If a guy is�1 for 4 going into the ninth of a game he is batting .250.� If he hits a broken bat single, his average for that game goes to .400.� We aren't�quite at that few at bats, but�I think you can get the point.� Lugo came through pretty large last night so I think he deserves a break for the day!I agree that BA isn't the only stat........I just did a very quick view of the lineup, that's all........but what strikes me funny is that you say there are too few at bats to make an evaluation then you go on to state that Lugo� had a good game last night and� he deserves a break........a break why?� becuase of the 4 at bats lasts night......isn't that too few to make an evaluation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cujo23. Show cujo23's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

Yes, after a clutch hit like that,�one day isn't too much to ask!� I didn't say he should be league MVP.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

Yes, after a clutch hit like that,�one day isn't too much to ask!� I didn't say he should be league MVP.You definately didn't say that, I never claimed you did............what you did do was state that I was judging players on too few at bats, and then you made a statement about a player from last nights game.......which was only 4 at bats.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tahoepow. Show tahoepow's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

No I agree that game was very frustrating. See the difference is though is that Byrd had one of the lowest walk rates in baseball history last year. It was unbelievable how accurate he was. This year he has seemed like a completely different pitcher then last year. He has had a very hard time getting the ball over the plate. I just don't see him doing a complete 180 right now. I have watched a few innings of his starts and they have looked terrible. Then again that is why the game is played. Anyways lets hope Lowrie goes 4-4 with an hr, a double and 4 rbis. LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tahoepow. Show tahoepow's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

I agree. We should send lugo to the minors and play lowerie. LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tahoepow. Show tahoepow's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

And as usual I am wrong. Byrd looks better then he has all year. Pounding the zone. What a crock. Everyone is going to get up to play the red sox this year especially early on. Everyone likes to beat the champs

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

Evening All..just getting in.stopped by the church to light a candle for the Okie..took a quick trip down to Dem Yanks..didn't see anything..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate0322. Show kate0322's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

Pettitte looks like he's having a bit of a rough time of it Jete.� Let us know if any in-game updates on Joba. �

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wdust. Show wdust's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

hey, jete... thinking of TBD, too...

fine squeaker your boys pulled off last night.� pesky rays.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wdust. Show wdust's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

How are you, Kate?

I'm sure we will hear soon the details on Joba's father... they need privacy from the media right now, which is no small feat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate0322. Show kate0322's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

Been well, thanks wdust.� Hope same for you. Totally respect Joba's privacy.� Jete had said earlier that if he heard an update in tonight's game he'd post it either in the game thread or in the dem yanks thread.� Just wanted to request that he post it here.�

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wdust. Show wdust's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

Somehow Arctic Byrd baffles them.� Get it?� Arctic Byrd?� 'Cause he strikes 'em out high in the zone?

Wake is going to give up a bomb right here.

Didn't notice Drew isn't in the lineup until now.� Don't tell me he tweaked something!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

Its great to see Papi making good solid contact again, that streak was brutal..

Have any of you noticed when Crisp hits he doesnt even step into the ball and transfer his weight forward, it looks like he hits with his weight on his back leg. This does not help him generate power.

thoughts??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wdust. Show wdust's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

He hits with his upper body.� To stay back and step into the swing would mean that he has that kind of timing and strength... most of the time he looks like he's just praying for contact.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wdust. Show wdust's posts

April 15 Game vs indians

Last night I called Papi's shot in the 9th "lucky"... this one warn't lucky.� But it didn't lead to anything.� The lineup has too many weak spots.

Indians gonna score here, betcha.