1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

ARod Admits to Steroid Use in Texas!

ARod just did an interview with Gammons. He admits to use in Texas. It makes sense because he has been tested since then and has passed. It was the best move by him given the circumstances. Any other players on the list of 104 should admit it now. Then, we can all move on. As I said, I take no joy in this, even if it is a current Yankee.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

My understanding is he was on the juice for 3 seasons, 2001--2003.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from markfmnj. Show markfmnj's posts

at least he has done this right

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

jim, this is bigger than sox / yankees. this is ruining the game of baseball. arod was supposed to be hailed as the guy who would break the tainted home run record....not anymore. if someone as good as arod was taking them, then i have my suspicions on anyone. more names will come out eventually, and not just the other 103.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babyrock1908. Show Babyrock1908's posts

Wow!! I'm sad for baseball but at least he had the guts to actually admit it!! He has to get some points for that. I now have some respect for the guy!! This'll die down soon enough and he's playing it the right way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxhawk. Show redsoxhawk's posts

He is still and cheater and lier. He said he did not use roids when interviewed by Katie Curick. Also the union told him when his test in 2004 was going to happen.

IT IS AGAINST THE LAW

you are typical YANKEE fan. Lets move on. You should be ashamed of yourself . He committed a crime.

Perfect headline in N.Y paper. A--Hole. Have a great season youre team is shot before opening day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

His voice shaking at times, Alex Rodriguez met head-on allegations that he tested positive for steroids six years ago, telling ESPN on Monday that he did take performance-enhancing drugs while playing for the Texas Rangers during a three-year period beginning in 2001.

Rodriguez

"When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day," Rodriguez told ESPN's Peter Gammons in an interview in Miami Beach, Fla. "Back then, [baseball] was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young, I was stupid, I was naïve. I wanted to prove to everyone I was worth being one of the greatest players of all time.
    "I did take a banned substance. For that, I'm very sorry and deeply regretful."
    Rodriguez's admission comes 48 hours after Sports Illustrated reported that Rodriguez was on a list of 104 players who tested positive for banned substances in 2003, the year when Major League Baseball conducted survey tests to see if mandatory, random drug-testing was needed in the sport.
    Sources who know about the testing results told SI that Rodriguez tested positive for testosterone and Primobolan, an anabolic steroid. In his ESPN interview, Rodriguez said he did not know exactly which substance or substances he had taken. In 2003, there were no penalties for a positive result.
    "I am sorry for my Texas years," the New York Yankees third baseman said. "I apologize to the fans of Texas."
    Rodriguez, who joined the Yankees for the 2004 season after a trade from Texas, said "all my years in New York have been clean." He also said it felt good to be honest about what he's done in the past.
    "The more honest we can all be, the quicker we can get baseball [back] to where it needs to be," he said.
    Rodriguez said he was told by Gene Orza, the chief operating officer of the MLB Players' Association, that he might, or might not, have tested positive in the 2003 survey. A source told ESPN on Saturday that Rodriguez knew he had failed the test.
    "I had never heard anything since," he said. "Whatever I was experimenting with in Texas might have been OK."
    Rodriguez also said of his 2007 interview with Katie Couric on "60 Minutes," when he denied ever using steroids, that "at the time, I wasn't being truthful with myself. How could I be truthful with Katie Couric or CBS?"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxnum1. Show BoSoxnum1's posts

HA had the guts...had he had any gut he would have admitted along time ago! hes doing the right thing..? whats the aternative to be the next clemens/bonds? id do the right thing too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Sorry, I still don't beleive him. Why exactly the TX years? He signs a $252M contract, that supposedly had nothing to do with steroids, and once he has about a lifetime contract, then he decides to start taking steroids? Then the day he leaves TX, he decides to stop? It just sounds weak to me, but I'll take a look at the interview later to see if there are any rationales provided that might make sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carleverettwasright. Show carleverettwasright's posts

First, I'd like to thank the players union for killing that trade to Boston! I have to give him this, at least he came clean before the point of no return. There are still a ton of names left on that list. Names that might be more familiar than we would like.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

and just because someone's name isn't on that list doesn't mean they are clean. that was only a sampling of players who took that test in 2003.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

He's still a poor sport and a jerk, and I don't buy that he was naive. It was a simple case of being caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Reminds me how Boggs came clean when his affair was made public. He cried how it was only one mistake. But it lasted 4 years!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrDee. Show MrDee's posts

"He's still a poor sport and a jerk, and I don't buy that he was naive. It was a simple case of being caught with his hand in the cookie jar"
    What an idiot comment, doesn't the alcoholic, the drug addict, the criminal & so on in the USA deserve the right to rehabilitaion & forgiveness. Ever have a relative or even yourself who may have cheated on his/her taxes, stole something from a store, its what we do in American we forgive & go on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

I think he did the smart thing by putting up the "honest" front, but I just have a hard time believing him. Part of what he's saying is true, but why shoul America believe him now after years of lying?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

I just got the details on this interview from WFAN. His comments are riddled with inconsistencies and make no sense. None of it has any credibility. Look the guy has been doing steroids for a long, long time. Cheats on his wife, cheats on the fans, and who knows what else. If I were the Yankees I would sue the guy. They acquired him under false pretenses. Mike Francesca is hammering him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It's sad for baseball that now everyone is under suspicion of using PED's.How can anyone look at the records over the past 20 or so years and know which were natural and what was performance enhanced.
    I believe the Sox probably have names on the list as well.As much as I want to enjoy Arod admitting to juicing,I just can't.This could be happening to one or more Sox players in the near future.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommissionerBS. Show CommissionerBS's posts

[Quote]I just saw Santa sliding down my chimney!!![/Quote]

Sportsbozo - Say hi to Santa for me! (With the economy the way it is, you must be one of the lucky ones this year.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ufcchamp. Show ufcchamp's posts

Gotta give him credit...of all the denials/confessions I'd say his was the most believable. He owned up to 3 yrs of using...not dabbling. He may actually get some sympathy for this...funnier things have happened.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[Quote]jim, this is bigger than sox / yankees. this is ruining the game of baseball. arod was supposed to be hailed as the guy who would break the tainted home run record....not anymore. if someone as good as arod was taking them, then i have my suspicions on anyone. more names will come out eventually, and not just the other 103.[/Quote]

I agree. You don't see me jumping with glee like some other posters. Obviously, it is more than 103 others. However, if Arod was outed, it is only fair for the others to be as well. All I know is that Jose Canceco was BLASTED. He turns out to be the person that ripped the band aid off the scab! Baseball will be better for it. How do you all like Jim Rice's stats now?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tdan. Show tdan's posts

Lets not be fooled, he only admitted it after he tested positive. He denied it up untill he couldn't anymore.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

[Quote]Aroid confesses his usage!Of course he claims it was only for his Texas years!! Sure and I just saw Santa sliding down my chimney!!! Another player trying to get the good housekeeping seal of approval......He went from one team of users to another team of users,like I've always maintained the only way to break a cycle is too remove yourself from that environment,instead of removing himself he went to a more open situation.the Yankees who have had at least 6 known roid users!! I'm not buying the I've been clean story...It would be like dropping Josh Hamilton off in a opium den everyday to go to work and since people are creatures of habit it would'nt be long before the heroin addict in him came back. Oh well at least Aroid picked the biggest softy in the game to ask him if he was clean now..I love Peter Gammons but he's not going to pry too find out if there were others that Aroid used with.[/Quote]

great post; hopefully, mike wallace of '60 minutes' will have a shot at a-rod. i seriously doubt it.
    the odds are a-rod was taking HGH in new york also. he and giambi were probably doing each other.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeLahoud. Show JoeLahoud's posts

A-Hole says he did steroids in texas because of PRESSURE THERE TO PERFORM.

But he quit when he went to NY, the game's most pressurized city?

He's a liar.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]Sorry, I still don't beleive him. Why exactly the TX years? He signs a $252M contract, that supposedly had nothing to do with steroids, and once he has about a lifetime contract, then he decides to start taking steroids? Then the day he leaves TX, he decides to stop? It just sounds weak to me, but I'll take a look at the interview later to see if there are any rationales provided that might make sense.[/Quote]

I want someone to ask him why Orza was warning him of when the testing was happening if he has stopped.....and why during an interview in 2007 didn't he come clean when asked in another interview? He knew that he had failed the test in 2003 and STILL LIED TO US!

WOW, this guy will cheat if he was playing against his mother!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[Quote]He is still and cheater and lier. He said he did not use roids when interviewed by Katie Curick. Also the union told him when his test in 2004 was going to happen.

IT IS AGAINST THE LAW

you are typical YANKEE fan. Lets move on. You should be ashamed of yourself . He committed a crime.

Perfect headline in N.Y paper. A--Hole. Have a great season youre team is shot before opening day.[/Quote]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

What about 2007 when he boomed 22 home runs in APRIL. How do you spell HGH where there is no test. He beefed up those stats right in his walk year from the Yankees !!!! Not a doubt in my mind about him and HGH.