1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

ARod Admits to Steroid Use in Texas!

A-Rod is not alone and only one of several dozens. Why just single out A-Rod as there must be more behind him. All in all, I am not surprised to hear this about him. Nothing suprises me in MLB anymore.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 13lucky. Show 13lucky's posts

It has been the statistics that have made baseball different from the other sports. Growing up all my friends new of "714", ".406", "61". Baseball had a history of numbers that no other major sport had. Other than Ted's .406 all the other numbers have been trashed. I put a lot of blame on Bud Selig and the MLBPA union. They turned a blind eye to all that was going wrong.
    I wonder what things would be like if the Olympic committee had a say about all of this. They don't like cheats. Does Marion Jones still have all her gold medals? Nope. Is her name mentioned in the records? Nope.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[Quote]Lets not be fooled, he only admitted it after he tested positive. He denied it up untill he couldn't anymore.[/Quote] IMO it's pretty much a given the same people who call for him to fess up were going to hammer him for it in the very next breath,..obviously there was going to be those that give him credit and those who attack him with tunnel vision..(but hey, you made your bed Alex...) those less forgiving have that right, buck up and take the hit..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

"When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day,"

I'll call BS on this one. Only because I knew, before he said it, that this would be his excuse.

Plus, and this is the important part, if the pressure was on him in TX, and caused him to use PEDs, then that argues for the continuation of PEDs now going from a place with no expectations, to the place that is the center of stress in the entire known universe.

"The more honest we can all be, the quicker we can get baseball [back] to where it needs to be," he said.

Okay, as long as the honesty is flowing, how about a little lie detector test about the NYY years?
    Rodriguez said he was told by Gene Orza, the chief operating officer of the MLB Players' Association, that he might, or might not, have tested positive in the 2003 survey. A source told ESPN on Saturday that Rodriguez knew he had failed the test.

Might, or migyht not of? Is he saying that the head of the union wasn't aware of the results?

"I had never heard anything since," he said. "Whatever I was experimenting with in Texas might have been OK."

I'd be the first one to admit that I'd probably have taken the PEDs if I were a AAAA player, but ARod is making it sound like this was a 3-year experiment and he wasn't sure if what he was taking was okay. Does anyone in here take anything that they don't know what it is, and then continue to take it for 3 years? You'd think that someone from NYC would be more adept at lying.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

HE is such a liar. He has taken roids since then without a doubt. He just now knows how to beat the drug tests. Beating these drug tests is easier then you think. Do you honestly think that 104 players took roids in 03 then all of them stopped in 04 and beyond???? NO they just found a way to either beat the drug tests or not test dirty for a particular time period. Look at Bonds he passed his tests in 04, but he was taking roids in 04.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sviolet1. Show sviolet1's posts

It is a black day for baseball and I take no real joy in this as I am sure that a few Red Sox will eventually come out as having done steriods. (Nomar, one of my all time favorite Sox, seems like a likely candidate) Not sure how this will effect HOF and records now but my feeling is that everyone from this generation may end up getting a pass except for maybe Bonds and Clemens who may actually end up getting convicted in cases related to their lying about steriod use.

What irritates me about A-Rod is that he went on TV, looked directly into the camera and with no hesitation denied that he used steriods and said that he didn't feel he ever needed them. Now he admits it, now that he got caught. He didn't have to go on "60 Minutes" and lie but now that he did, that is why I think he is a dirt bag and a liar. Looking at his numbers, I am not convinced he didn't go back on the juice for 2007. If he would have just stayed off TV or not answered the question, I would not see this as a big deal, as obviously steriods were very prevalent in MLB at the end of last century and beginning of this one.

Bottom line is that A-Rod is having a terrible off-season and in general seems to be a despicable human being. Hope his money and fame keep him happy.

Can't wait for the A-Roid chants. MLB is going to need to look for other "heroes" now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

Cant believe anything he says. Much of the interview made no sense. Very few follow up questions by Gammons. Pathalogical liar. He can still take HGH this morning and there is no way to catch him (or anyone else). He admitted what he had to but refused to admit that he has ever lied about anything. In fact, he weaves it together to make it seem like he has been telling the truth all along. Now that is a real joke. He was coached through the whole thing -- and not very well apparently.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from davescout. Show davescout's posts

YOU NEVER ADMIT ANYTHING UNTIL YOU GET CAUGHT

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote] IMO it's pretty much a given the same people who call for him to fess up were going to hammer him for it in the very next breath,..obviously there was going to be those that give him credit and those who attack him with tunnel vision..(but hey, you made your bed Alex...) those less forgiving have that right, buck up and take the hit..[/Quote]

GA Jetes, a Bad Nght at Black Rock as they say. I'd be shcoked if he wasn't lying, completely shocked. I've been around a lot more common street hustlers and assorted conmen than I'd care to admit, and this just has that same sound to it. It was like Raffy's 'shared needle' excuse, like any pro athlete, or anyone but a street junkie, shares a needle with someone else. Or like Clemens' assorted stories.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtcat. Show vtcat's posts

Athletes, politicians, in fact, most of us, are always sorry...only after being found out. Deny, deny, deny! I would respect an A-Rod, or a Giambi, or a Dashle, if they saw the error of their ways, and admitted it BEFORE being caught cheating. Apologies after the fact are meaningless. Does anyone really think that A-Rod would have a twinge of conscience, some day, and come clean. Most people will do almost anything to protect themselves, and their reputations, including lying. Furthermore, we will never know every player who used and who didn't. I would not bar them from entering HOF, but there would be the designation beside their names that they were players in the steroid era with no guarantee they were either clean or dirty. No other way to do it except to assume all of todays stars are using, and not voting any of them in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Just watched the preview of the whole interview that will air later tonight and the Guy really is A-Fraud !! You have to be kidding me, am I just stupid or what ?? When Gammons asked about the time frame of the use being 2001,2002, and 2003 his response was "that's pretty accurate" !! Wonder what the word " pretty meant " ?? Sounded alot like what the Definition of "Is, Is " !! All he seemed to be doing was going over the talking points that will sure to be in his upcoming, " Coming Clean Book ", that was handed to him by his agent, Boring A$$ !! Now you know why he gets the Big Bucks !! Don't even look like he memorized it well enough !!

GO SOX 2009 !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Does anybody know the total number of players that were tested? Does the 104 players represent 10% of the sample, 25%, etc.

AROD is being singled out because he's one of those guys who was already great. I can understand a journeymen relief pitcher juicing up to stay in the majors, but I have a hard time with someone juicing so they could win the MVP.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[Quote]Athletes, politicians, in fact, most of us, are always sorry...only after being found out. Deny, deny, deny! I would respect an A-Rod, or a Giambi, or a Dashle, if they saw the error of their ways, and admitted it BEFORE being caught cheating. Apologies after the fact are meaningless. Does anyone really think that A-Rod would have a twinge of conscience, some day, and come clean. Most people will do almost anything to protect themselves, and their reputations, including lying. Furthermore, we will never know every player who used and who didn't. I would not bar them from entering HOF, but there would be the designation beside their names that they were players in the steroid era with no guarantee they were either clean or dirty. No other way to do it except to assume all of todays stars are using, and not voting any of them in.[/Quote]
    You took the words right out of my mouth. A-Rod reminds me of Bill Clinton coming clean and confessing after lying repeatedly to the American people-only because he got caught.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommissionerBS. Show CommissionerBS's posts

[Quote]Doesn't everyone ingest substances every day without knowing what's in them?...[/Quote]

Many, many years ago I once drank a few bottles of Schlitz. Everyone around me was drinking it, so I figured it must be okay. Despite the fact that it tasted pretty nasty, I didn't ask what was in it and I didn't ask how it would affect me. I found out a few hours later. Never drank Schlitz again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]YOU NEVER ADMIT ANYTHING UNTIL YOU GET CAUGHT[/Quote]

Would it kill one big name player to come out and admit it? Lie to me about it if you want. Do what Pettitte did and say 'yes, I hurt my xxx and used steroids to recover faster. While I think RS should get the same treatment as ARod, if they came out and admitted it prior to actually being outted, I'd give them some grudging respect.

If you had at least one player that said 'yeah, I'm the guy', then maybe a lot of smaller players would rush through the opening provided, and then just maybe, we could get this past us. Is there not one guilty conscience in all of BB?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1387537. Show user_1387537's posts

Whats this crap about at least he is coming clean? He didn't admit it until he was OUTED! CAUGHT! Whatever you wanna call it. But coming clean? Please. He is a cheater, he even cheats us now. How does a multi-million dollar player not know what he is putting in his body? That just doesn't happen. Says "I was young and stupid", yeah thats what I expect to hear from a 13 yr old. Not a grown man running businesses and enjoying the basseball life. He should have said " I was arrogant, selfish and only thinking about MYSELF. I thought I was above the rules and now I must pay the price the rest of my life" Then I would have believed he was sorry. A FAKE, thats what I see.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[Quote]Whats this crap about at least he is coming clean? He didn't admit it until he was OUTED! CAUGHT! Whatever you wanna call it. But coming clean? Please. He is a cheater, he even cheats us now. How does a multi-million dollar player not know what he is putting in his body? That just doesn't happen. Says "I was young and stupid", yeah thats what I expect to hear from a 13 yr old. Not a grown man running businesses and enjoying the basseball life. He should have said " I was arrogant, selfish and only thinking about MYSELF. I thought I was above the rules and now I must pay the price the rest of my life" Then I would have believed he was sorry. A FAKE, thats what I see.[/Quote]

Not to mention I didn't hear him say he used any steroids, only stuff you could get at any GNC store and he had no idea what he bought or who he bought it from or who he talked about it with !! About the only thing he was "pretty" clear about was it was during his time in Texas !! Maybe he saved his reciepts for tax purposes ??

GO SOX 2009 !!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I believe that he claimed that he did them in Texas because of the heat. Perhaps, this is why so many Latin ball players do them? What a ridiculous excuse! Gee, do ya think it had anything to do with vanity and money?

Sections
Shortcuts