1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lowell4MVP. Show Lowell4MVP's posts

ARod out at least 10 weeks.

This is coming from ESPN Deportes. Take it with a grain of salt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

MLB is also reporting that he is out until May. Add a little rehab time and he won't be at full strength until June. I wouldn't wish a physical problem on any player, but I can't say that I feel sorry for A Fraud.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

It's funny how timing works. I guess everyone would have been right if this had been found out yesterday. I bet if A-Rod had this surgery two days ago, you would have indeed been seeing A-Rod in pinstripes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pagg. Show pagg's posts

. . . . Why? Spanish ESPN is somehow less reliable? Maybe the reporters are all illegal and are on the run and could only get part of the story before they fled! Call I.C.E!!

Felipe

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Kinda reminds me of a guy named Albert Bell, and another dude named Bo Jackson. Does anyone actually expect such a lengthy rehab from a tissue based "cyst"? Nope. I'm thinking a deeper abcess with osteocyte involvement-a bone infection of his hip. And do I think it's related possibly to steroid injections? HELL YES!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

From what i heard on Xm radio, the cyst was not caused by steroids, as you do not inject steroids into the joint muscle of your hip...and while a-rod is clearly no genius...he isnt a dummy either

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

maybe him being out for the first month will mean his dropoff will wait until after the playoffs this year. this could be great news for the yankees.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andre10056. Show andre10056's posts

I don't know if it's "at least ten weeks" or "as much as ten weeks" but he does, indeed, need hip surgery. I guess he won't be playing the WBC after all. Maybe Manny will take his place!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrDee. Show MrDee's posts

Hey maybe he should ask Ortiz or Schilling for those "quick healing agents" that they never took. OH thats right they didn't do that stuff.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

That's good news for the Yankees and bad news for the Red Sox. The Yanks should play better without A-Rod dragging them down. The Sox better be prepared for a tough fight.
    (No sarcasm intended.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

i wonder if it's something he may have caught from madonna.
    i also wonder if a-roid is elegible for workman's comp. assuming it was work related.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[Quote]Hey maybe he should ask Ortiz or Schilling for those "quick healing agents" that they never took. OH thats right they didn't do that stuff.[/Quote]

He could ask Pettitte's father or George's step-grandson.They have connections.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[Quote]This is coming from ESPN Deportes. Take it with a grain of salt.[/Quote]

Nice, Lowell...way to disappear! This has been confirmed by everyone on the planet. Oh, wait, I guess that is why you vanished...POOF!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[Quote]Hey maybe he should ask Ortiz or Schilling for those "quick healing agents" that they never took. OH thats right they didn't do that stuff.[/Quote]

What? You might be too smart for the room...in your own mind.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

[Quote]That's good news for the Yankees and bad news for the Red Sox. The Yanks should play better without A-Rod dragging them down. The Sox better be prepared for a tough fight.
    (No sarcasm intended.)
    [/Quote]

I understand you are trying to be supportive of your team, but you're pushing it. Even in an off-year, A-Rod put up big numbers last year. You don't know if Cano is going to bounce back, you don't know how healthy Posada's going to be, Tex is a slow-starter, Matsui/Damon and others struggled with injuries last year. This is a huge blow in the early parts of the season for the Yanks

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]From what i heard on Xm radio, the cyst was not caused by steroids, as you do not inject steroids into the joint muscle of your hip...and while a-rod is clearly no genius...he isnt a dummy either[/Quote]

He had his cousin inject him. I think you can make the case that his cousin probably doesn't know exactly where to inject someone. I certainly don't.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

"He's getting a cyst removed from his hip."

Wouldn't that be Madonna?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[Quote]its not like the yankees dont have options...xavier nady was an all american third baseman at cal, and mark teixeira played 3rd base throughout his minor league career and (reportedly) has volunteered to go to third (swisher at 1st) until rodriguez gets back[/Quote]

These are the Yanks we are talking about. Do you really think they are going to move Tex to 3b/Swisher to 1b and just wait for Arod to return? No way. They will make a move for someone. Nady was all american? Great, that puts who in RF and LF. Matsui? Damon? Melky? This is a problem. If there is a big name thirdbaseman out there, Cashman will make contact.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Here comes a conspiracy theory for those who like them.
    Arod's hip a hoax?Could the MLB investigators have found out something during their questioning last weekend and wanted to suspend him without it going public?They offer him an 8 week suspension instead of 6 months if he says he's injured.The MLB saves face and won't have another black mark against it,Arod has his suspension reduced(also gets him out of the spotlight while the steroid story fades).Works out pretty well for everyone involved.
    This would be similar to the Michael Jordan theory that he was suspended for gambling when he went to play baseball.
    I'm not saying this is a fact or even that's what I think happened.Just throwing it out there.