1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddhaamkid. Show ddhaamkid's posts

Asante an Eagle

�"I just want a chance to be able to win and get back to the Super Bowl," Samuel said.�� Are you kidding me.� HAHAHA, I hope you enjoyed your success and super bowls because its all down hill for you now.� I hope your happy with the $$$$.� Have fun� watching the Pats goe to more super bowls

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottprim. Show scottprim's posts

Asante an Eagle

Well we all knew it was coming.� I tell you all when I knew it was only a matter of time.......when I found out he has a tattoo that reads "GET PAID"� I mean really how long could a guy like that last with the Pats?�

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawaiianpuch2. Show hawaiianpuch2's posts

Asante an Eagle

Well this is another fine mess.... Will the pats be like all the other teams that lose the Super Bowl and have a stinker season?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from retiredone. Show retiredone's posts

Asante an Eagle

Have you noticed that the players who leave the Patriots for "greener" pastures are not heard from again?� Have you heard much about Branch? Given? Law? since they left Boston?� And now Law may be interested in coming back to the Patriots!�� Samuel was good, but the Patriots will get along just fine without him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

Asante an Eagle

asante said he's happy becuase he wants to go to a super bowl team, I just figured out where faulk gets his stuff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from retiredone. Show retiredone's posts

Asante an Eagle

Because of the team concept, I do not see the loss of Samuel as a big deal.� They do need to protect my TV in the upcoming season.� How many times did the defense have the Giants at 3rd and LONG and give up the first down???� That was infuriating----especially when you are a Patriots fan living in New York.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vonhanep. Show vonhanep's posts

Asante an Eagle

Good riddance to Samuel.� He isn't as good as he�thikns he is�nor is he worth the money that the Eagles are going to pay him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from novasurfer99. Show novasurfer99's posts

Asante an Eagle

Asante wants to win a Superbowl with the Eagles . . . Hmmmm . . . Ok,fat paycheck, yes, Superbowl . . . I don't see that one coming any time in the next 6 years . . . I will miss Roosevelt Colvin and this is part of the reason why . . .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4hSec7F2LI

Bring back Roosevelt Colvin. I am sure Belichik and Capers have a plan with a renewed secondary.

- Let's Kill all the trolls in 2008-2009 season!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scorpian. Show scorpian's posts

Asante an Eagle

Absolutely right !! Greed gets them all. We know that winning doesn't mean as much as the Money !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvergean. Show tvergean's posts

Asante an Eagle

And the irony is after payday, they aren't the same and now Ty law wants to come back.� I think meriweather will do fine.� Samuel is a great talent but he also gambles alot for the big plays and gets burned just as much,� No REAL loss here

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duffypl. Show duffypl's posts

Asante an Eagle

Asante, the "pic magnet", got a lot of those pics by leaving his primary position and jumping in front of the reciever. He got burned a�number of�times this year because the league is catching on and knows they just need to pump and go on him. Like Ty Law, Lawyer Malloy, Asante's best football days are behind him. He's got his $20M signing bonus and the opportunity to play as an individual rather than a team player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Asante an Eagle

57M over 10 years is 9.5M per or 1.7M more than he made last year. that krafts wouldn't come up with 1.7M per�year additional to keep him? seems to me that's chump change in the NFL. good luck asante. you'll be watching th SB on TV from now on. unfortunately, you'll always be remembered for the dropped pick that cost us SB XLII.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Asante an Eagle

I hope Assante learns how to play bump and run real fast because the Philly defense does not soft zone coverage like the Pats.� Otherwise, the Philly fans will treat him like Santa Claus

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pitwiz. Show pitwiz's posts

Asante an Eagle

This is no huge surprise! Now he's after the money, can you blame him? But, he can forget the Superbowl and winning, like he said, just like those before him, he will not be heard of again.

He will be missed!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huladick. Show huladick's posts

Asante an Eagle

He says he wants to play for a winning team and go back to the Super Bowl ?

What does he think he just left.

Screw him, it's all about te money.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Asante an Eagle

You are so correct on "route jumper".� How many times have we seen him go for the interception, with the ball going through his arms right into the uncovered receiver?� If, instead, he had defended the receiver, timing his hit to jar the ball lose or go for the strip, would have been the play to make.� Instead, he is going in another�direction while the receiver is flying downfield with the catch.� A classic example of a missed opportunity occurred in the SB when he was the defender on the first Giants TD.� Assante went for the ball instead of timing a hit to jar the ball lose from Tyree, who made the go ahead TD catch.� If you are supposed to be the shutdown corner, that was his play to make.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from iiicase. Show iiicase's posts

Asante an Eagle

He did nothing his first 3 years (6 interceptions total for all 3) and then bookended his career by saying after SB42 "If I'da known I coulda caught that ball I'da jumped higher." or some such.� I'm glad he got his money, but now that he's been paid, I'd bet on his going back to 2 ints/year and not jumping high enough.�� I had enough of the Petey era (overpayin' for nonperformance) back in the Petey era.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thepomms. Show thepomms's posts

Asante an Eagle

The parting image I have of Asante is the ball going through his hands on the Giant's final drive of the Super Bowl. That was the difference between winning and losing. He wants the big bucks, but frankly he didn't close the deal. Good riddance. The Pats will be fine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fgoulart. Show fgoulart's posts

Asante an Eagle

I wish Samuel the best of luck. He deserves to make as much money as anyone is willing to pay him. However, I just wish he and all other athletes who, like him, leave a winning club just for more money would stop making ridiculous statements like "I just want a chance to be able to win and get back to the Super Bowl."Stop being a liar and sounding like a fool and tell the truth -�"Winning is nice, but it is not the most important thing for me. Thefore, I took all the money that Philadelphia threw at me." After all it's like another former Patriot once said, "Hey, I have to feed my family." Any other New England Super Bowl winners�thinking of leaving�for greener ($$$) pastures�as did�Deion Branch, David Givens, Daniel Graham, and Willie McGinnest should examine carefully what has happened to the careers of those who left.So, just be honest and say it like it is - "I wanted the money!!!!"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebasatwork. Show sebasatwork's posts

Asante an Eagle

Asante "show me the money " Samuel...no one can blame you for the choice..hell, it's NFL; but don't #### me with "I want a chance to win another Superbowl"...with the Eagles, yeah right...Raiders first...just take the money and make sure you hurt yourself just like the rest of the "lost Pats".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dei991. Show dei991's posts

Asante an Eagle

No, I'd rather make a good paycheck and be happy and have a chance at winning every year but he only went for the $$$$, when these guys say it is what was best for my family give me a break?! Just look at all the others who have left where are they now? Well, except for ADAM.

I believe in BB and not a one they have let go has come back to haunt us, who knows maybe Randy moss is on his way out and I'd hate to see it but if only time will tell.�

Either way I have confidence the Patriots know what they are doing. I have worried in the past and they have always come through.....

Assante will not be good as gfood in Philly a lot of these guys leave and what happens you realize it had alot to do with the system that made them look good. How about the receivers that left here? Branch, Pattern, I could go on.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffbey. Show jeffbey's posts

Asante an Eagle

I would have loved to have kept Assante, but it was impossible to pay him as much as he is getting from Philadelphia and remain financially able to field a superbowl contender next year with the salary cap�approach the league has implemented,�as there are many needs that�must be addressed that are going to�cost money-one being Randy Moss. �I firmly believe that although�Assante is a very good cornerback, by mid season next year, we won't feel the loss. Meanwhile, like�Ty and Lawyer not to mention�D.�Branch, be him, I hope Assante��enjoyed his superbowl experiences and wins with the Pats, as I doubt he will ever get there again.� Maybe that doesn't matter to him as perhaps his main goal is personal wealth rather than glory.� Having said that, I've got believe that although financial security is very mportant, after a reasonable level has been achieved, by the time a player has retired is looking back on his career, there is nothing that replaces the thrill of winning the big game.� Just ask Dan Marino!�

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dei991. Show dei991's posts

Asante an Eagle

Financial security? R U F **G kidding me, you and I might have to worry about financial security but when they say it is a complete joke! nothing more than EGO and wanting to paid the same as others in the league.

If he came right and said I won a couple superbowls and now it is time to make money then that would be fine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zizou78. Show zizou78's posts

Asante an Eagle

Either way I have confidence the Patriots know what they are doing. Ihave worried in the past and they have always come through.....

I agree. Honestly, it's all good to speculate, as fans, we're entitled to, but you really have to trust in good ownership and good coaching. We, as fans, only know so much. So many times I would freak out when the Sox traded players I thought were golden. Ever since we got Theo and solid ownership, I've learned that most of the decisions they made were for the best. Kraft and BB know what they're doing. They've made this franchise what it is and we need to have faith in their decisions. Not that it means we shouldn't discuss and speculate but in the end, we need to recognize that we don't know what Kraft and BB do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from number1troll. Show number1troll's posts

Asante an Eagle

He is all about the money just like Lawyer & Ty were
    ==========
    don't forget to include bob kraft. he'll be making more than asante over the same time based on the new season ticket prices. so yeah, it's about the $ and it starts at the top of the pats organization. you pats fans just love playing the greed card. i can't help but wonder who started selling that line in the first place. maybe pt barnum used to be a pats owner ...

Sections
Shortcuts