1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Backup 1B/OF for years to come

hes a double macchine from what ive seen...i like him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

He was terrible in Boston. Dont get it. He showed nothing in the playoffs, and didnt get any offers anywhere else. Lifetime .281 but I never saw that. would love it if he rebounds and plays like he did in Atlanta.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[Quote]He was terrible in Boston. Dont get it. He showed nothing in the playoffs, and didnt get any offers anywhere else. Lifetime .281 but I never saw that. would love it if he rebounds and plays like he did in Atlanta.[/Quote]

I agree with most of what you said but he did play pretty well defensively and does have the potential to turn around that dismal offensive output during the playoffs by being here all season !!

GO SOX !! AMERICA'S TEAM OF THE NEW MILLENIUM !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from manfredoko. Show manfredoko's posts

Definitely a solid insurance option, especially considering he is our 5th outfielder right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wafostermisionero. Show wafostermisionero's posts

I like Kotsay too...he's a gamer who can play multiple positions. He's also a chemistry guy, fits in well, very capable. I think he will play well for us this year. Rocco will also play well just watch. Varitek? Sad situation if he doesn't sign but life goes on. Hey Josh Bard may surprise..He had a couple of good years in SD..getting back to Kotsay I think he is why we won't go after Adam Dunn simpley because Kotsay can play defense, can hit for average, always plays hard, LOVES BOSTON, and is a cheap stop gap for Lars Anderson in 2010! Amen, Go Sox!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeyama99. Show joeyama99's posts

Kotsay is good veteran insurance and it's refreshing that a former starter is willing to accept a bench role. On the other hand, I'd like to see Chris Carter get a chance to make the team in this role. I think he's got a good bat, more power potential than Kotsay I feel. The problem though is his glove needs a lot of work.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]

I agree with most of what you said but he did play pretty well defensively and does have the potential to turn around that dismal offensive output during the playoffs by being here all season !!

GO SOX !! AMERICA'S TEAM OF THE NEW MILLENIUM !! [/Quote]

I too was underwhelmed by his hitting, but he looked good with the glove. Still, the glove can only go so far. Plus he's a lefty.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Lifetime road OPS:

Mark Kotsay: .743
    Jim Rice: .789
    Yaz: .779
    David Ortiz: .916
    Manny Ram: .994
    Ted: 1.076

....outside of Fenway, 3 duds, 2 dudes, and the embodiement of duende.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andre10056. Show andre10056's posts

"Kotz" in German means "vomit". And that's what I feel like doing when I see Kotsay at the plate. He was so inept during the ALCS that he left something like 25 runners on base. According to Mike Francesa of New York's WFAN in giving his postmortem after the ALCS, "Kotsay killed the Red Sox".

I hope he can on occasion move runners along instead of constantly leaving them stranded.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brarrell. Show brarrell's posts

[Quote]He was terrible in Boston. Dont get it. He showed nothing in the playoffs, and didnt get any offers anywhere else. Lifetime .281 but I never saw that. would love it if he rebounds and plays like he did in Atlanta.[/Quote]

I remember him in the playoffs-he was smoking almost everything-but always right at a fielder, or just too far, or not high enough. If the ball was a few inches in any direction, them thar would be hits, and we would be lauding his performance. But, man, he sure played some good 1st base there. He's good people, too, from what I've read.

I'm pleased to see him coming back. Maybe his being familiar with the team and the setting, things could be different this time around. One can hope, can't I?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

Kotsay's comment are a great tribute to the kind of first rate top line organization Theo & Co. are building in Boston. It is a great time to be a Sox fan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from czap. Show czap's posts

billy, what do you like? Your mom? Your dog? Mr. Negative get lost.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

Kotsay needs to tell the truth, he wanted a FT job and didnt get it so he simply took best offer. He is a decent ball player and it never hurts to have them, but his interview was simply p/c.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

I think this guy is a formidable player with excellent stats for a bench player. Excellent defense, plays 4 positions, bats from the left side, hits for average over the course of his career, still relatively young. I think this is a great pick up. let's see what he does with a whole year in a sox uniform. He will see alot of playing time. Francona likes him.

Sections
Shortcuts