1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulRodgers. Show PaulRodgers's posts

Be careful with Tazawa, future

some rumors may suggest losing tazawa instead of losing a first rounder in lue of a free agent signing. this may hurt us if true.

classic case of burning our bridges.

tazawa chose the sox, for reasons other than money, i think. would that hinder future overseas signings by doing tazawa wrong that way? others may think twice due to the sox shrewed treatment. taz would start with high hopes in a great organization, only to be shipped somewhere he did not want to go. say good bye to attracting any other japanese players.

we have made steps towards luring good players from overseas, and that is the intent. if we stray from being loyal with these players, that tarnishes all that we are trying to do. that does not look good.

do i have this all wrong? it may affect us down the road is all.

you and i would be pissed, i know that!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

yeah you do have it all wrong.

The suggestion is that the Sox may be more willing to sign a type a and lose their first round pick because they've already signed Tazawa who would be their equivalent of a 1st round pick.

I have no idea why some people have interpreted this as they would be looking to move Tazawa.

It's like the pointless thread from the other day that somehow evolved from the Sox willing to re-sign Varitek and trade for a young catcher to them doing a sign and trade with Varitek. The obvious question on that one was why another team would be willing to trade for Varitek when they could just go out and sign him as a free agent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulRodgers. Show PaulRodgers's posts

This guy is right, my bad

yeah you do have it all wrong.

"The suggestion is that the Sox may be more willing to sign a type a and lose their first round pick because they've already signed Tazawa who would be their equivalent of a 1st round pick".

"I have no idea why some people have interpreted this as they would be looking to move Tazawa".

4. This post has been removed.