1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnwm1022. Show johnwm1022's posts

Belichick on Celtics, Please!

Please, no more coverage of Belichick appearances at Celtics games with his trophy (second) wife. This is Boston, not LA.

I hardly believe he can be regarded as a "good luck charm", at least to the rest of the country. Rather he's an embarrassment to the city and the Celtics tradition. This isn't simply because of Spygate and its unsubstantiated allegations. His arrogant, boorish behavior with the press, opposing coaches and players after games and in press conferences doesn't qualify him for as a good luck charm for a team that has established its own winning tradition long before.

Francona is another matter. He treats people with respect, stands for the right values and represents this city well. I hope he can make an appearance at the Garden if the Celtics and Red Sox schedules permit. 

Note to Bill. You say to reporters "I feel like the team mascot." You most certainly are not. However, you must live with the symbol you've created for yourself with the rest of the NFL.

Ok, I'm ready now for the ad hominem attacks from those on this message board who don't understand why a long term Celtics fan and a disappointed Patriots fan might feel this way.

Take a moment to think about it, however, before you attack. /> Why are you trying to defend this guy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DADDYOBOB. Show DADDYOBOB's posts

That's easy.  He's our coach and he is good at what he gets paid to do. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

I'm sorry that they way BB acts disappoints you but maybe you need some enlightenment. Hes an old school man he doesn't rat or whine or explain things in great detail. Thats the way men used to be. These days people want male hybrids that act like females who are sensitive and can communicate with the press. Why isn't it acceptable to be yourself anymore. If he doesn't like to give great speeches and give away his game plan I have no problem with that at all as long as he continues to command the respect of his players and win football games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from schmangell. Show schmangell's posts

[Quote]I'm sorry that they way BB acts disappoints you but maybe you need some enlightenment. Hes an old school man he doesn't rat or whine or explain things in great detail. Thats the way men used to be. These days people want male hybrids that act like females who are sensitive and can communicate with the press. Why isn't it acceptable to be yourself anymore. If he doesn't like to give great speeches and give away his game plan I have no problem with that at all as long as he continues to command the respect of his players and win football games.[/Quote]

Amen.  Belichick would only look worse if he tried to be funny/entertaining/touchy-feely like the press wants.  He is what he is and that's the best coach in the NFL.  His players know that and educated fans know it.  I love seeing him enjoying a Celtics game.