1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOX-FAN-IN-TAMPA. Show SOX-FAN-IN-TAMPA's posts

Beyond a double standard

It's funny how if two Patriots fart at same time the Press declares we are trying to gas the NFL. However, after reading the below article and reading in other sources as well to try and find out if it is true. It seems that Brett Favre can do anything he wants and the NFL will do nothing against him. Fair is fair if below article is correct Favre should be treated to a very lengthy suspension.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Jets-locker-room-is-87-stinkier-since-Brett-Fav?urn=nfl,113469

Oh! and Good Morning Patriots Fans!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Beyond a double standard

For what it's worth, Goodell continues to stand behind Pacman Jones, even after the most recent "altercation."

I'm curious to know what RG would have done if an arrest had been made.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Beyond a double standard

I also like the fact that the Harrison shooting is woefully under-reported compared to Spygate. Somehow a gun Marvin Harrison owned shot some people, yet he didn't shoot anyone. This story reeks and no journalist is really investigating it the way it should be investigated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Beyond a double standard

Where is Arlen Specter now??????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Beyond a double standard

I am not going to read that article can someone tell us all what it is exactly that Brett Farve did?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Beyond a double standard

Are you serious??? Certainly not, right???

How are any of the three above posts even mildly comparable to one another?

BTW Hannah, Regarding the Harrison thing, I have a theory on this. The alleged victim is apparently a known thug. My theory is that he and Harrison got into it at Harrison's bar (which I believe was reported). The dude left and was later shot (reported details about the shooting are sketchy).

I think maybe this guy broke into Harrison's home stole his weapon and shot himself with it then had the gun planted at Harrison's car wash. Now the thug can attempt to both criminally and civilly screw Harrison.

Thoughts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOX-FAN-IN-TAMPA. Show SOX-FAN-IN-TAMPA's posts

Beyond a double standard

The article states that as a practical joke .. Brett Favre killed some sort of animal, tied it in a sack and let it de-compose in a teamates locker. I guess the locker room stunk badly and I guess he did this in GB as well. But of course he is the "Chosen One" and nothing gets done about it. IMHO .. Favre's actions worse than Vick's

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Beyond a double standard

That is one of teh dumbest things you have ever said and you call Pats fans conspiricy theorist. Either Harrison shot the guy or he didnt he was not set up this is crazy talk. If one of us tried to say something along those lines in regard a to a Pat in the same situation you would laugh at us, i really hope you were kidding around man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Beyond a double standard

[Quote]Are you serious??? Certainly not, right???

How are any of the three above posts even mildly comparable to one another?

BTW Hannah, Regarding the Harrison thing, I have a theory on this. The alleged victim is apparently a known thug. My theory is that he and Harrison got into it at Harrison's bar (which I believe was reported). The dude left and was later shot (reported details about the shooting are sketchy).

I think maybe this guy broke into Harrison's home stole his weapon and shot himself with it then had the gun planted at Harrison's car wash. Now the thug can attempt to both criminally and civilly screw Harrison.

Thoughts[/Quote]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Beyond a double standard

[Quote]That is one of teh dumbest things you have ever said and you call Pats fans conspiricy theorist. Either Harrison shot the guy or he didnt he was not set up this is crazy talk. If one of us tried to say something along those lines in regard a to a Pat in the same situation you would laugh at us, i really hope you were kidding around man.[/Quote]

I was thinking the same thing. UD would be ALL OVER IT if some pats fan had some random conspiracy theory that far fetched.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Beyond a double standard

Just like he, all the rest of the non-Patriots fans, ESPN, Specter, the league, would be all over it if it had been Rodney Harrison or Randy Moss!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brknwing. Show brknwing's posts

Beyond a double standard

What episode of the twilight zone do you think this is? Rod Serling would be impressed!!.....LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Beyond a double standard

Roger is a great commissioner. Pacman will be toast. Roger is getting all the facts. Just wait, you'll see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanBlake. Show PatsFanBlake's posts

Beyond a double standard

You'll never hear anything about this....just like I think about 4-5 years ago Harrison and a few of his bodyguards beat up a 15 year old boy....but I'm sure there was a logical reason for it...I mean he was in hawaii for the Pro Bowl and a kid saw him and wanted an autograph so clearly a beating is in order.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Beyond a double standard

To all,

My theory is exactly as idiotic as you who think the Farve story represents a double standard or worse.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Beyond a double standard

[Quote]If Randy Moss was involved in the same thing Marvin Harrison was it would be non stop media coverage![/Quote]

Thats only because Randy Moss is so much more important than Marvin Harrison :0

Did you know that only 1% of football fans know that Marvin Harrison is the active career receptions leader.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Beyond a double standard

Did you know that only 1% of football fans know that Marvin Harrison is the active career receptions leader.

He must have paid them all "hush money" like he does the cops in Philly.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Beyond a double standard

C'mon Bub - then they would actually know but be pretending not too.

Besides your comment suggests that Harrison is employing underhanded, outside the rules, Belichickian like tactics.

Hmmm. You may be on to something.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOX-FAN-IN-TAMPA. Show SOX-FAN-IN-TAMPA's posts

Beyond a double standard

C'mon UnderDogg ... Brett kills a animal, ties it in a sack, than allows it to rot and decompose in a locker room as a joke ??!!? That some disturbing s**t ! You can't even write it off a simple lack of judgement to fit in with Jets, because he did it a few times in Green Bay. I fully admit Brett is great but if the NFL allows Brett go without a firm suspension than there is a double standard.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Beyond a double standard

You can make all the jokes you want Underdogg we still have a ver valid point, if one of our player was even somewhat involved in a shooting it would be all over the news and we would never live it down but Harrison does it and the media waits for teh facts? thats BS they did not need facts when they were coming after us for spygate.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Beyond a double standard

tampa sox,

Why a suspension? If this was a game animal, hunted in-season, then how is this a reason for suspension?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Beyond a double standard

Killa,

I know you will be surprised if I disagree. This has nothing to do with the team and everything to do with the player and the reporters.

If it weren't for Marvin Harrison's talent, no one would know who he was. He has shunned media attention even during his record breaking days. Add to that his injury last year (before the shooting) and he was even less visible.

By comparison, the Nick Kaczur thing was huge, but it was there one day and gone the next. Why? There are so many questions about that event that deserve to be answered.

As I see it, neither of the players hold much cache for the media, so they don't dig into it further. I assume there was probably some initial effort to learn what could be learned, but little was found and the story died. Ultimately, I expect to hear more about Harrison, because there will be a civil trial. That won't help the perception of Harrison.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Beyond a double standard

Hey Jints you know me to be an objective fan i think i have proved this but the reason they called teh Pats the greatest team ever last year was cause they were the greatest team ever, we lost one game the entire season and it was the very last game, we broke all kinds of records we broke our own regulaer season win streak record, we rolled over almost every single team we faced. Tom Brady was said to be the greatest QB of all time because his name is up there with Joe Montana and all teh other greats and there is no debating that fact. I hate Peyton Manning but i cant say that he wont be looked at as one of the all time greats. If people want to be jealous about these facts then thats their problem but thats what they are facts, it is a fact that last years Pats team was the greatest of all time hands down, the undefeated Dolphins team went 17-0 the year they did it and we went 18 and 0 before we lost. I am not saying we will always be i am sure someday some team will come out and do one better and go 19-0 but until that happens we will be looked at as the best team to ever play so get used to hearing it cause it wont stop. If the Giants repeat this year i think they will also be remembered as one of the best teams of all time because they beat the Pats last year which is huge for your legacy and if you repeat then no one can call it a fluke. not that i think it was a fluke i am just saying.

Undersogg call it what you want to call it but it is in deed a double standerd. If Randy Moss was involved in a shooting whether he shot the person or not ESPN would be all over it! and they would not wait for the facts the way they are for Harrison they would come after him none the less and if it turned out he had nothing to do with it they wouldnt even say they were sorry for missreporting the situation

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Beyond a double standard

Killa,

I agree with you if it was Randy Moss. But it is because it is Randy Moss, not because of what he has done.

The noteriety of Randy Moss vs. Marvin Harrison is like 50 to 1. By the same token, if this was Peyton Manning instead of Marvin Harrison it would be huge news.

I believe it is all about who the player is rather than what the player has done that determines whether something is news that has legs.

Sections
Shortcuts