1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Bills Fans Getting Screwed by NFL?

When the Bills schedule came out earlier this year many Buffalo fans puked when they saw they would play a 'home game' against the Dolphins in Toronto. What has become apparent now is that this game will not only be played in a dome but also that the Stadium management will keep the dome closed during the game.

On the surface, this seems like a simple issue of "loss of competitive advantage" to the Bills but there are deeper issues that should be troubling to all NFL fans. Certainly, football was meant to be played outdoors and this move takes away from the spirit of the game but this is not all of it. Buffalo is a small market town on the outer reaches of New York state however the NFL views it as a pawn or entry point into Canada. Plans are to move more and more Buffalo games across the border into the dome and globalize football. Sounds great, right? Well, what about the loyal fans of Buffalo who have loyally supported their franchise just as we have since the inception of the AFL in 1960? At some point when the NFL has 'penetrated' Canada completely it will not need Buffalo anymore. All NFL games will be removed from there. To sum it up: this is just another attempt by the NFL brand to dominate the world. It does not care about the communities that have supported it. Playing the game with the dome closed is just another slap in the face to Bills fans (and ALL NFL FANS) and a way of telling them that they do not count. It is sadly a way of telling them: "Next, we take your team away".

As Patriot fans we understand what it is "not to count". Hell, nobody wants to give us credit for the great teams we produce and the admirable way we have produced them (through brains and teamwork). A group of Bills fans are fighting to get the dome opened. If you believe in what they are doing, sign their petition.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/bbfaced/petition.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Roger Goodell is an idiot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

The NFL belongs in America. In Canada they have the CFL which is great for the NFL because it provides a training area for players that are Canadian born and players that at the time not make it to an NFL roster. I think having both leagues is a win win situation. I also hate the London game being played during a regular season. It takes away a home game for one team plus all the travel BS. That should always be a preseason game if they want to pull that.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

LMFAO!

The "poor" Bills have to play indoors in Toronto! Want a "scew job"? I suggest you look at New Orleans. Despite the aftermath of Katrina still dragging out, some nit witted NFL self proclaimed "genius" decided that it would be great, terrific, and the right thing to do to take away one of their home games and send them across the pond to play in Jolly Old England, thus taking millions of game day dollars (not only on parking, concessions, etc, but on the local economy, like restaurants and bars before and after the game). I'd like to have the NFL office explain why it ws the right thing to do to deprive New Orleans of money they needd to rebuild. All the whining Bills fans have to do is cross the border, for cripes sake.

Spare me teh whine unless you've got teh cheese and crackers.

POOR BILLS FANS! LMFAO!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

I thought there were actual movement plans at one time to put the Bills team IN Canada. Something about lack of national interest and $.

I didn't see anyone complaining about the New Orleans/OKC Hornets after Katrina. It opened up a whole new basketball market in OKC that now has their own team because of it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Why are you pretending that you are a Pats fan? It is clear you are trying to drum up support for your team's issue. I would wager that you have posted something similar on every bulletin board you can find for every team. So, I personally don't like our lack of integrity.

The NFL is a business and wants to incorporate all of North America as a fan base. Buffalo is pretty much Canada anyway. I don't have a problem with it. Besides, I didn't see you railing on and setting up a petition for the games being played at Wembley for the past two seasons. Where is your sympathy and desire for fairness for those teams that had to travel to London and pretend to be a "home team"?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]NYC...don't mean the Patriots have built teams by cheating? Yall see, to forget that without cheating you are nothing.[/Quote]

Please provide your proof the Pats have cheated in this decade and specify those occasions on which the cheating can be proven to have benefited them in winning games and the 3 SBs. Once you have accumulated your evidence, forward to the NFL offices to proper handling. If this claim of "cheating" is an opinion that can't be backed up by specific allegations with proof, then opinions don't count.

THANK YOU.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The ultimate say in the matter will be from the owner Ralph Wilson. If, in his will, he decides the highest bidder gets the franchise; then that's what happens...whether it's LA or Toronto it'll take some major dinero to bring an established NFL team to town. The NFL is a marketing machine, they'll be successful pretty much anywhere they go within reason (Bagdad would be bad idea). And agree that taking a home game away is BS, but the NFL's grand scheme is to make fans all over the world and market it's products. Pre-season would be a better time than reg. season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

[Quote]NYC...don't mean the Patriots have built teams by cheating? Yall see, to forget that without cheating you are nothing.[/Quote]

Steroids, Yankees, Jets, check. Performance enhancing compounds, Giants, check. Ilegal filming during games, Jets, check. Fixed Stanley Cup coming off a work stoppage, Rangers, check. That doesn't leave too many NY teams that haven't cheated to win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brknwing. Show brknwing's posts

PatsgoingCLOWN2008............LMFAO!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-jersey/298377-fellow-fist-pumpers-new-jerseyans-18.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brknwing. Show brknwing's posts

Harley

Thats just the appetizer..........LOL hahahahahah

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Doesn’t matter if this was posted by a troll or not. This post is not about BB cheating or running up scores. Don't be fooled into arguing amongst yourselves. This is about 1 of your teams home games being played somewhere besides at their stadium. What (IF) the Pats Giants game 16 from last year had been played somewhere besides Gillette? What if the game that got moved was the one you could have scored tickets to? Maybe 1 of just 8 home games so you don't get to see your team play live that YEAR? I say if we can stop this DO IT!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

To ALL
    Whether I am a PATS fan or not is irrelevant to the issues I present. These issues (Fairness, Respect, Corporate Responsibility) concern us all. Those of you who know my posts realize I am a loyal PATS fan and someone who is concerned about the "whys" of things, the motivations that guide behavior. The two are quite contiguous as the PATS are the most intelligent, morals team in the NFL.

Certainly, I agree with Enoch Root that one must also support New Orleans and the struggle they have had. My sympathy with Buffalo comes with having spent some college time there, deeply respecting the people, understanding how economically depressed the area is and what football means to them.
    I also know that Ralph Wilson, owner the Bills is directly complicit and is getting paid off. Although I am a capitalist and believe in free enterprise I hate it when it operates without responsibility or gratefulness to the people that have supported it. This is really a moral issue and has to do with greed, responsibility and being willing to sacrifice personal gain for the good of all. Clearly, Ralph Wilson is not, neither is the NFL.

What I am really suggesting to all is that even though we are PATS fans is that we support common causes that transcend team lines. We are really fighting for ourselves when we do this.

Best,
    NYC PATS FAN

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]What (IF) the Pats Giants game 16 from last year had been played somewhere besides Gillette? [/Quote]

FYI ohyes... the Pats beat the Giants IN the Meadowlands last year in game 16!!!! If it were in the Razor, the game wouldn't have been close!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

"To sum it up: this is just another attempt by the NFL brand to dominate the world."

Whoa; we go from having to play one game in a dome to dominating the world in one paragraph? You need to be taking your meds, man!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Whoa; we go from having to play one game in a dome to dominating the world in one paragraph? You need to be taking your meds, man!

The NFL is "slowly preparing" Buffalo for a move to Toronto. Moving some important regular season games there is a step. Holding the games in a dome is a further insult to Buffalo, people used to thriving in cold weather. These are all tactics to wear them down: to get them to feel powerless over their destiny.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patfan11394. Show patfan11394's posts

the petiton prob wont matter anyway, but i signed it. he does have a good point, while i think this has more to do with the bills struggling and my pats and the jets pulling away in the division, it is kinda unfair that they have to play with the roof closed. But people, dont even bring up all that cheating bs, we all know they did it, you guys are the idiots showing your bittermess and jealousy of the patriots organization.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

The argument is that there are many Bills fans in Toronto. I travel up there every week, and this may or may not be true (people I work with there like all kinds of teams), but using this logic, then some of the Dallas Cowboy or Steeler games should be played in DC.

I will say that Bills fans are a loyal, passionate group. I grew up in Western NY, and the Bills commanded a lot of loyalty, regardless of their records.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

NYC,

Do I feel sorry for the Bills? No, no way. Not since the power-outage a few minutes before kick-off against SD. Talk about manipulating. The whole city of Buffalo can't figure out how to turn the power on? No boilers or generators in that city? Probably not in that ho-dunk town. Knowing the Chargers rely heavily on the play clock working, the Bills eliminated alot of the Charger playbook. Thusly, helping victory through cheap tactics. A power outage before kick-off w/ the Chargers as the opponent. Coincidence ? think not. Feel sorry for Buffalo? think not!

Having lunch at the power company discussing the timing of the planned power outage.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Bolt - how about those bolts. I am sure they will go 5-0 now. Just like you predicted.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[Quote]NYC,

Do I feel sorry for the Bills? No, no way. Not since the power-outage a few minutes before kick-off against SD. Talk about manipulating. The whole city of Buffalo can't figure out how to turn the power on? No boilers or generators in that city? Probably not in that ho-dunk town. Knowing the Chargers rely heavily on the play clock working, the Bills eliminated alot of the Charger playbook. Thusly, helping victory through cheap tactics. A power outage before kick-off w/ the Chargers as the opponent. Coincidence ? think not. Feel sorry for Buffalo? think not!
    [/Quote]

Awesome! First it was Ed Hochuli now it is the entire city of Buffalo that is to blame for the Chargers losing.

Here are other things/people you can blame:

Virgin Airways
    The Alphabet
    Albert Einstein
    Whoever invented the stopwatch
    The Pope
    Iron and Carbon
    Jose Gasparilla
    The One Armed Man
    The Economy

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Jbotled

Yeah. It is a ho-dunk town! Boston has 50x more things going for it. Buffalo has just Lake Erie, lots of snow and the Bills. And a bunch of decent, friendly people who will help you out with anything. That's why I support those dudes out there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[Quote]

Awesome! First it was Ed Hochuli now it is the entire city of Buffalo that is to blame for the Chargers losing.

Here are other things/people you can blame:

Virgin Airways
    The Alphabet
    Albert Einstein
    Whoever invented the stopwatch
    The Pope
    Iron and Carbon
    Jose Gasparilla
    The One Armed Man
    The Economy[/Quote]

30-10

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[Quote]Jbotled

Yeah. It is a ho-dunk town! Boston has 50x more things going for it. Buffalo has just Lake Erie, lots of snow and the Bills. And a bunch of decent, friendly people who will help you out with anything. That's why I support those dudes out there.[/Quote]

Decent folks - who can't figure out how to start a generator?

Sections
Shortcuts