1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Boras: "8 years 195" to get Teixeira

This just in on Sportscenter... hahaha... Bora$$

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

I just watched this too..

IS HE OUT OF HIS MIND!??!?!?!?!?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreamer007. Show dreamer007's posts

[Quote]I just watched this too..

IS HE OUT OF HIS MIND!??!?!?!?!?[/Quote]

nope, he is just GREEDY and full of it

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

Boras needs his 25 million dollar cut:) good luck to him, it looks like he is trying to get the Yankees to sign Tex to. This guy has to be one of the most hated men in the world today.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[Quote]We need a thread for that? I pay no attention to anything but official source quotes, period.[/Quote]

Hahaha...just joining the fun of the day as I rarely start threads myself and when I do they are not idiotic like "Manny paradigm for union whatever" drivel or "Hurry back Lugo we need you" or "softlaw calls it right again"

hahaha....the king of stupid threads

Here's the link if you want it tho..

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3782228

moron

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[Quote]Boras is only doing his job, if I was a player I would want him to represent me. Don't worry Tex will be a Red Sox before to long.[/Quote]

This is true... in the end if the player really wants to go to or stay w/ a specific team and doesn't just want top dolalr they just have to say "I'm signing there for less"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jakub2004. Show jakub2004's posts

Let the Angels sign Tex, they can't win in the playoffs.
    The spankees can also have him, they are a curse team anyway.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yanks w/ Tex would scare me... Angel's can have him for all I care if we spend and upgrade elsewhere this winter

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

Yeah, I'd like ESPN's Erin Andrews naked in my bed right now too! Bora$$ is such a space cadet. Maybe the Yankees will pay 195 million for him and then we can sit back and relax this offseason knowing they (Yankees) just screwed themselves for the next couple of years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

He is important yes

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from e apthorp. Show e apthorp's posts

You know... this is kind of random to plug in here, but: we howl a lot about players' greed, etc.--me included--yet when a player sets aside maximum dollars in order to stay with a team he cares about in a city he likes (can you say Bronson Arroyo? can you say Mike Lowell?) he wakes up a year later on the friggin' trading block with little say in his future. I don't know about anybody else, but it makes me pause in my tirade. When the players see this sort of thing happening, they are reminded that the owners will treat them like very expensive meat no matter what they choose, so they would be wise to look to their own and their families' best advantage, period. We howl anyway, mostly because working stiffs like us would consider our lives blessed beyond imagination to earn ten million bucks for our entire working lives, total, let alone ten or twenty million for one year of heavy travel and 110-170 games of baseball. But I see (sort of, anyhow!) the players' POV. Reading about Teixeira's embittering adventure with the pervious administration of the Sox makes me imagine that getting jerked around by Sox officials (albeit not of this ownership group) made this kid wise up at an early age about the business of baseball, and he may be determined to turn the tables--not just on this organization, but on all of them--now that, by dint of several years' hard work and rolling the dice that he could stay uninjured until his free agent year(s), the power's at last in his hands. In this moment I can't say I'd fault him for that, whether it means he lands in Boston or Anaheim or NYC or Maryland or wherever.
    I hope Boras isn't "the most hated man in the world"--guy hasn't killed anybody, folks, or stolen billions from charities with a Ponzi scam, and the world, alas, is full of people who have. Boras is just a first-rate capitalist negotiator. It makes me nauseous, but would I feel the same if I'd been involved in negotiations with some tough-minded MLB club officials hardballing me into taking less than I believed I was worth? Boras is like a sharpie lawyer pulling all kinds of stunts for his client: it's his job to push the envelope as far as he can. Sometimes such folks overplay their hand and have to hustle to cover their blunders. Maybe this is one of those times. We'll see!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

whats wrong w/ going 9 years and paying him the most in years 2-6 when he's in his prime. Is there really a diff. between paying a 26 year old Tex 23 million and a 37 yr old Tex nothing or paying a 36 yr old Tex 19 million and a 37 yr old Tex 16 million?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZRob101. Show ZRob101's posts

why do you think he's concerned with winning more than money? he had his chance to sign with the sox out of highschool, held out for money. His agent is boras. There are offers approaching 180 million on the table for weeks and he hasn't made a decision. Sounds to me like a guy trying to get the best payday. nothing wrong with that...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZRob101. Show ZRob101's posts

[Quote]Yeah, I'd like ESPN's Erin Andrews naked in my bed right now too! Bora$$ is such a space cadet. Maybe the Yankees will pay 195 million for him and then we can sit back and relax this offseason knowing they (Yankees) just screwed themselves for the next couple of years.[/Quote]

how would signing tex screw them for the next couple years? having an MVP caliber player in his prime is something i'd be jealous of...especially since our team is interested in him. if he signs with the sox are you going to think the sox screwed themselves?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarlMichael8. Show CarlMichael8's posts

that article also read:

"This falsely portrays what occurred there that night,'' Boras said. "The primary purpose of this event was that it was the first time John Henry met Mark Teixeira. There was a very limited discussion of economic considerations.''

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

whats wrong w/ going 9 years and paying him the most in years 2-6 when he's in his prime. Is there really a diff. between paying a 26 year old Tex 23 million and a 37 yr old Tex nothing or paying a 36 yr old Tex 19 million and a 37 yr old Tex 16 million?

He wants $185/8, if you go 9, you're paying him about $210M. You don't think that's a little excessive?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruggie23. Show ruggie23's posts

[Quote]

nope, he is just GREEDY and full of it[/Quote]

Yeah but the owners aren't greedy.....they would only want to pay less so they can make more money!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

the primary focus was not for Henry to meet Teixeira. Bora$$ is such a slime-ball. They took a jet to Texas to get a signature and got screwed by greedy people.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[Quote]whats wrong w/ going 9 years and paying him the most in years 2-6 when he's in his prime. Is there really a diff. between paying a 26 year old Tex 23 million and a 37 yr old Tex nothing or paying a 36 yr old Tex 19 million and a 37 yr old Tex 16 million?

He wants $185/8, if you go 9, you're paying him about $210M. You don't think that's a little excessive?
    [/Quote]

I guess I should have said "what is wrong w/ giving him the extra year at less avg. annual value". I'd rather pay 21.5 (193.5) or 22.25 (the eye-opening 200 mil) than stick by 8 years and be suckered into 23-24 million per.

Nobody is going 8 years 185... maaaybe the Nationals go higher than 8 years 176-180. We just have to wait for the scum-bag to come down to earth.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

Just goes to show how "out of touch" Professional Sports has gotten financially nowadays. Basically Manny Money for playing a GAME.

OUTRAGIOUS! NO WONDER THE AVERAGE FAN CAN TAKE IN A GAME AT FENWAY ANYMORE.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MNRedSox102. Show MNRedSox102's posts

I'd love nothing more than to see Tex in a Sox uni, but not at that price. 8 years and $190 million is the most I would go (considering it's not my money), which averages out to $23.75 million a season. Anything more is ridiculous IMO.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Fine, let the Yanks sign him. And get Manny to DH. Then Sox fans can save the bucks they'd be shelling out at Fenway. They'd be no point in going to the games. They could watch the Celtics or the Bruins, and even take in the opera or a symphony. Or if none of that works for them, they can do what there known for, hanging in there for last call at the bar.

Just as I had no doubt the Sox organization would screw up the Arod deal in 2004 (would have gotten Ordonez too), I am absolutely sure the Boy Blunder will mess this up with Texiera. In Henry's defense, he's listening to Epstein and when we see Mark in pinstripes, Sox fans will suffer for years and years.

Sections
Shortcuts