1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

Boston Globe: "Ellsbury's a Bust in Year 2"

I'll just throw in my two cents. Softlaw, you are citing an article that is too over the top in some spots. It is not an objective article. It says "because he can't get much worse" at one point. That is a completely ridiculous statement. Oh really, he can't get much worse? How were Varitek's stats? How about Jose Vidro? How about Richie Sexson? How about Kenji Johjima? I could go on for a while. To say that his average of .280, OBP of .324, and 50 steals "can't get much worse" is completely asinine. He finished third in the rookie of the year voting for Pete's sakes (or was it second?). This article, like so many people on this board, talks in extremes. Have some perspective, geez.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

When the article says "can't be worse" and "unacceptable", I'm calling that a bust, which I'm entitled to do. No one can stop me.[/Quote]

But when we claim, Lugo's play has been unacceptable at best, then call him a "bust", you jump all over us for using the term "bust" like baseball "geeks". Lugo "underperformed" for someone being paid $9 Million a year. It doesn't matter if what he did was near what we all expected, he is a "bust". Ellsbury is still young, and it is a bit early to call him a bust, but it is safe to say, last year for him was a bust in terms of expectations, but not in terms of salary.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

And when you use quotation marks, it means you have to be accurate about the exact words used. Maybe you didn't learn that in private school.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

SOFTLAW........... SORRY SON, BUT I JUST CAN NOT GO ALONG WITH YOUR ASSESSMENT OF JACOBY....... I FULLY EXPECT AN EXCITING YEAR FROM HIM AND JED LOWREI TOO !!! ALSO, I WISH THAT SOME OF OUR WRITERS WOULD BE A LITTLE KINDER TO SOFTLAW. SOME OF YOU ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK. ( TORA, TORA, TORA ) I THINK THAT IT IS A LITTLE OVER THE TOP !!!!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JacqueStrappe. Show JacqueStrappe's posts

[Quote]

Not really - there were plently of unrealistic expectations scattered all over WEEI. The callers fell in love with sample size, as they ususally do.[/Quote]

OK

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttaplaydtoast. Show buttaplaydtoast's posts

softlaw you don't like the posters who project about things they know zilch about...ok what qualifies you? are you bill james? or are you just some unemployed middle aged failed athlete still living in your parents basement?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[Quote]SOFTLAW........... SORRY SON, BUT I JUST CAN NOT GO ALONG WITH YOUR ASSESSMENT OF JACOBY....... I FULLY EXPECT AN EXCITING YEAR FROM HIM AND JED LOWREI TOO !!! ALSO, I WISH THAT SOME OF OUR WRITERS WOULD BE A LITTLE KINDER TO SOFTLAW. SOME OF YOU ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK. ( TORA, TORA, TORA ) I THINK THAT IT IS A LITTLE OVER THE TOP !!!!!![/Quote]

Attack, attack, attack, just like a good old Republican foreign policy. :)

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[Quote]All this talk of busts is making me feel randy.[/Quote]hey Space, what's doin?...in my best Austin Powers voice..oh behave..lol!!..seriously though, i see Ellsbury's being put in another box, i guess being a Yank fan i'm on the outside looking in, but i think he's a really good player hopefully he'll continue to be given the kind of room he needs to grow as a player..obviously Boston's a tough enough place to play without the extras..

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Nothing new between you guys. The same old cut'n'paste quotes and accusations. You guys should get a room (or a boxing ring or something).

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts