1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Boston Globe: "Ellsbury's a Bust in Year 2"

Less than expected from who. From the guy who claimed on-base machine, or from the plethora of media and posters that claimed .300 plus BA and .400 plus OBP. I'd say that's more than "slightly less", whatever poltical double talk that is. Completely unacceptable!

Am I that guy? Cuz I only ever compared him to Damon, predicted a rookie season around .290/.350 and his stats were slightly dissapointing but w/ no wrist injury he is .300/.375 in 5 months as a pro.

Why do you rail against the pink hat posters from last winter who you have no quotes/proof on... if they are still here... or who aren't even here anymore?? The posters who remain and engage you in this topic constantly rip you to pieces with facts and NEVER make or made the ludacris ellsbury to HOFer comparisons prior to '08 that you LIE and claim they did

So you are a liar.

Lugo's career averages showed he was no leadoff hitter. Theo made a huge mistake

Than blame Theo, just admit Lugo was a bust in 2007 for being demoted and coming NOWHERE CLOSE TO HIS CAREER AVERAGES in the stats that mattered (avg/OBP)..and move on.

Theo made a huge mistake taking the Tampa short hitch at the Trop and paying Union Veteran Slug wages in thinking that he'd put up the OBP needed for an everyday leadoff guy.

Ok that is your opinion. But you are WRONG that 3+ seasons in TB is a "short hitch" that is a BIG sample size and the .285/.345 averages he put up there should have been good enough to leadoff in '07, esp when a better option was not available. So you are WRONG AGAIN. Those numbers were WAY better than what Crisp did in '06... so they were not Damon '02-'05... but they would have been good enough... and Lugo FAILED to come anywhere close to them. He was a bust.

Those claiming they expected it believe Tex is in Boston and Manny's in New York and Dunn was not signed only becasue Tex was.

1.) I believed the Sox were the favs for Teixiera during the 2-3 day period they had th highest offer on the table and were the favs. Nothing wrong with that. Softy felkt he'd be back in LA.

2.) I believed Manny would stay in LA but said over a month ago, before Cashman said no chance, that NY was a possibility... nothing wrong with that.

3.) I wanted to discuss Dunn b/c I saw some benefits from a signing, not b/c I actually felt theo would sign him, which I said many times there was almost no chance of. Nothing wrong with that.

Try as you may Softy but you can't win with any of this. Your racism and idiocy on the value of the games superstars is far more ignorant.

Jake was demoted more than once from the leadoff spot. He owes Pedroia et al for what limited success he did have. Lugo's OBP as a leadoff guy was "slightly less" than Jake's, and with the 30 plus steals was only "slightly less" than Jake.

LIES LIES LIES

Lugo 352 Ab's in the leadoff spot - .224 avg. .286 OBP

Ellsbury 497 AB's in leading off - .272 avg. .324 OBP

NIGHT AND DAY

SOFTY IS A LIAR!

Lugo was demoted for the last 175-200 aB's of the entire season. He FAILED, he was a bust.

Ellsbury was demoted for 32 AB's during/after his wrist sprain and then the ALCS slump... He was riding a 18 game winning streak in Sept and was playing great down the stretch hitting first.

WHAT A PACK OF LIES from Softlaw

33 steals is only "slightly less" than 50??

That is like saying Ellsbury's 9 HR's are only "slightly less" than the 22 hit by Torii Hunter, Chris Young, Curtis Granderson, etc.... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Lugo's never been healthy since he came over and put up one full season. He's battled a dietary bacterial issue since he came over. When healthy

Hahaha, this affected a handful of games, not two months

I'm also a Native American.

Hahaha yeah right, well you should know by now not to post about your personal life in that it is obnoxious and unsubstantiated and nobody can believe anyone on an internet board. But fine, run with that, you are still pathetic for making racist statements about Ellsbury, regardless of the claim that you are also "native american" hahaha

A racist is someone who hates two hard nosed players of color and calls them "a bust" and "stinks", while giving two new hyped hotshots a pass on poor performances that don't meet hyped expectations from the bigoted.

WRONG

Using stats that prove Crisp and Lugo were outplayed is in no way racist you pathetic moron. They were outplayed. Lowrie was not hyped at all and exceeded expecations. Ellsbury was not hyped by me, met my expectations of a Damon-like career, and outplayed Crisp.

My favorite athletes in Boston are The Celtics Big 3, David Ortiz and Richard Seymour.... used to be that Rice, Parish, Reggie Lewis, Ben Coates, Nomar, Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy were on that list. Get a life pathetic loser. I tear down the lies you post about Lugo/Crisp with the truth and with the stats. Nothing more.

I don't hate the youth, I despise the bigots who have overhyped two players who have proven less than the older vets they are compared to.

You attacks, your agenda, the way you dragged thier names through the mud, the terms you used, the racist statements you said, the childidh insults can all be summed up as "hate". It was hatred you displayed at them.

They have proven less. That is true. They are compared to the vets whose jobs they took, b/c THEY PLAYED BETTER. Those are just the facts. I don't overhype, I deal in facts.

I do loathe a bigoted poster who doesn't know the difference between calling and bluffing and the foolishness of projecting about something he knows zilch about.

The only bigot here is you, as everyone knows and your posts prove.

when Henry flies away in a plane feeling he has the highest offer on the table and says "we are no longer in the negotiations: when everyone knows the Sox will still sign Tex on their terms if offered.... that is a bluff

The only person who knows zilch here is you.

"Pujols is yesterdays news" "he's not worth Youk/Buch/Bowden in a trade" "trade Ellsbury and 'a pitcher' for Sizemore"

hahahahaha

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Lugo's OBP as a leadoff guy was "slightly less" than Jake's

Lugo OBP .286
    Ellsbury OBP .324

LIAR LIAR LIAR!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

hahaha

I never said he'd be a "perfect leadoff guy" in his rookie year

I predicted .290/.350 and got .280/.336 and two months battling the affects of a wrist injury. For me, that is just slightly dissapointing.

the kid destroyed the stats by historically bad and demoted leadoff guys/Softlaw heroes Crisp in '06 and Lugo in '07.

Lugo was not "slightly worse OBP"...

He was 38 points less...

night and day

A C to an F

SOFTLAW/S/E/2 IS A LIAR

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[Quote]Lugo's OBP as a leadoff guy was "slightly less" than Jake's

Lugo OBP .286
    Ellsbury OBP .324

LIAR LIAR LIAR!!!
    [/Quote]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

man you got beaten up pretty bad these past 24 hours Softy..

You brought it upon yourself tho

Trying to make an issue out of a harmless comment I made over a month ago about it being possible Manny ends up in New York, then being discovered to have felt the same way and to be a MASSIVE hypocrite

The drivel and immature childish name-calling responses you made on this thread after being caught in multiple lies. Your pathetic attempts to say I am a racist for using stats to prove two players were busts when you use lies and opinion to try and prove the same thing about Ells/Lowrie and then say clearly no doubt about it racist things about Ellsbury

hahaha

you've kept me laughing tho

I've never known a more blundering ignorant racist hypocrite lthan yourself

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

LA or NY? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

If it's more than 2 at top union price, it's NY.

hahaha you thought it was possible Manny would go to NY. Just like me. Just like many here. You can't hide from it...

HYPOCRITE

and I have never ONCE said a racist thing about Crisp/Lugo.. you pathetic scumbag. I called them "busts" b/c they were. I used the stats and the facts.

Only racist is you. With your EXACT words:

Jake would look better in an Indians hat, but this is not the next Jim Thorp. I hope the Indians are as high on him as this board. Who was his hitting coach at Pawtucket, teaching him the art of bunting the ball?

pathetic

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

petty disguting hypocrite...

I use the stats to show that Crisp and Lugo were busts. Just the truth. NEVER made a racist comment

Softy is a hypocrite... I say Manny could go to NY in the end.. Softy says THE SAME THING

and this folks...

Jake would look better in an Indians hat, but this is not the next Jim Thorp. I hope the Indians are as high on him as this board. Who was his hitting coach at Pawtucket, teaching him the art of bunting the ball?

is real racism, not just using stats to prove a point, comments directed at insulting someone based on their ethnicity.. disgusting

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

I'll just throw in my two cents. Softlaw, you are citing an article that is too over the top in some spots. It is not an objective article. It says "because he can't get much worse" at one point. That is a completely ridiculous statement. Oh really, he can't get much worse? How were Varitek's stats? How about Jose Vidro? How about Richie Sexson? How about Kenji Johjima? I could go on for a while. To say that his average of .280, OBP of .324, and 50 steals "can't get much worse" is completely asinine. He finished third in the rookie of the year voting for Pete's sakes (or was it second?). This article, like so many people on this board, talks in extremes. Have some perspective, geez.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

When the article says "can't be worse" and "unacceptable", I'm calling that a bust, which I'm entitled to do. No one can stop me.[/Quote]

But when we claim, Lugo's play has been unacceptable at best, then call him a "bust", you jump all over us for using the term "bust" like baseball "geeks". Lugo "underperformed" for someone being paid $9 Million a year. It doesn't matter if what he did was near what we all expected, he is a "bust". Ellsbury is still young, and it is a bit early to call him a bust, but it is safe to say, last year for him was a bust in terms of expectations, but not in terms of salary.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

And when you use quotation marks, it means you have to be accurate about the exact words used. Maybe you didn't learn that in private school.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Moon and Have and tonytuna, great posts. It is obvious this thread is BS and ellsbury is not a bust, and the Globe did not say that and Softlaw is a liar.

Softlaw/s/e/2 has all the right in the world to call Ellsbury a bust

But it is a lie and just an opinion from one if this boards biggest fools

The Globe has all the right in the world to say his leadoff OBP was "unacceptable"

They are accurate that that # was poor, but they do not call him a bust, and his performace over all was solid and nothing close to as bad as the real busts, Crisp and Lugo in 06/07

When I call Lugo and Crisp busts I use stats

The stats don't lie.

If anyone wants to call out Ellsbury's stats from '08 I feel they should be compared to the two higher priced veterans who were expected to leadoff in '06 and '07 and came nowhere close to their career stats, were demoted and FAILED.

Coco Crisp in 2006?

236 AB's hitting leadoff - .293 OBP YUCK

DEMOTED (for season's 2nd half) - 177 AB's came from 8/9 hole

413 TOTAL AB's - 58 runs scored AWFUL

Julio Lugo in 2007?

352 AB's hitting leadoff - .286 OBP YUCK

DEMOTED (for last 1/3 of season) - 214 AB's came from 8/9 hole

570 TOTAL AB's - 71 runs scored BELOW AVERAGE

Jacoby Ellsbury in 2008?

497 AB's hitting leadoff - .324 OBP BELOW AVERAGE

DEMOTED (for a few games) - 48 AB's came from 8/9 hole

554 TOTAL AB"S - 98 runs scored EXCELLENT

So Softflaw and the Globe are entitled to their opinions. I don't promote ellsbury's OBP as being good. but the job he did, as a rookie, DESTROYS the pathetic performances by Crisp/Lugo in 06/07 when they were brought in to do the same thing. Leadoff, score runs.

We should expect better from Ellsbury in his 2nd season... but the status quo was still WAY better than the historically bad #'s Crisp/Lugo brought

Now Softy can call me a racist b/c I pick apart Lugo/Crisp with stats. We all know he's the one who made the real racist comments at Jacoby Ellsbury, and they are just a cut and paste away

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

hahahahaha

oh keep the lies coming king psycho-babble you are hilarious

keep squirming, keep posting the same drivel, keep inventing things that come of as your hatfeul opinions and not facts, i will just keep pasting YOUR EXACT QUOTES that show you to be ignorant, a racist and a hypocrite

I say Crisp/Lugo were busts. I use stats to back it up, that is true... yet Softy says it is racism... hahahahaha wow what a sad pathetic clown

this.... is racism:

I say "Ugh, it is very possible Manny goes to Ny in the end"

Softy says this:

Softy felt Manny could be going to NY as well... hahaha hypocrite

Softy you are hilarious, keep it coming, you have the option of sticking to baseball talk and rooting for the 2009 Red Sox... you insist on having a cut and paste battle where you come off as a fool and I nail you over and over with your exact quotes and the reality of the situations..

I understand you are mentally unstable and already have a worthless rep here, so you are not damaging it that much more by getting owned by me over and over

so whatever clown... you can stop getting destroyed whenever you want...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

SOFTLAW........... SORRY SON, BUT I JUST CAN NOT GO ALONG WITH YOUR ASSESSMENT OF JACOBY....... I FULLY EXPECT AN EXCITING YEAR FROM HIM AND JED LOWREI TOO !!! ALSO, I WISH THAT SOME OF OUR WRITERS WOULD BE A LITTLE KINDER TO SOFTLAW. SOME OF YOU ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK. ( TORA, TORA, TORA ) I THINK THAT IT IS A LITTLE OVER THE TOP !!!!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JacqueStrappe. Show JacqueStrappe's posts

[Quote]

Not really - there were plently of unrealistic expectations scattered all over WEEI. The callers fell in love with sample size, as they ususally do.[/Quote]

OK

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Bill, let's hope "exciting" is better than a leadoff hitter with a .336 OBP

Well that .336 OBP was HOF All-Star quality next to the pathetic .294 OBP Lugo gave us in 2007.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttaplaydtoast. Show buttaplaydtoast's posts

softlaw you don't like the posters who project about things they know zilch about...ok what qualifies you? are you bill james? or are you just some unemployed middle aged failed athlete still living in your parents basement?

Sections
Shortcuts