1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Boston Globe: "Ellsbury's a Bust in Year 2"

[Quote]SOFTLAW........... SORRY SON, BUT I JUST CAN NOT GO ALONG WITH YOUR ASSESSMENT OF JACOBY....... I FULLY EXPECT AN EXCITING YEAR FROM HIM AND JED LOWREI TOO !!! ALSO, I WISH THAT SOME OF OUR WRITERS WOULD BE A LITTLE KINDER TO SOFTLAW. SOME OF YOU ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK. ( TORA, TORA, TORA ) I THINK THAT IT IS A LITTLE OVER THE TOP !!!!!![/Quote]

Attack, attack, attack, just like a good old Republican foreign policy. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Softlaw is clearly off his rocker and into psycho-babble rant mode backed up NO FACTS

Crisp leading off in '06 - 236 AB's/.293 OBP That was the year he was expected to be the leadoff hitter for the club...he was demoted for the 2nd half of the season, scored 58 runs, HE FAILED

Lugo leading off in '07 - 352 AB's/.286 OBP That was the year he was expected to be the leadoff hitter for the club... he was demoted for 1/3 of the season, scored 71 runs, HE FAILED
    Ellsbury leading off in '08 - 497 AB's/.324 OBP, That was the year he was expected to leadoff, he was demoted for a few games, he was mediocre/slightly below average, he managed to score an excellent 98 runs, he was WAY better than what the Sox got from the busts in '06/'07... it was overall a solid acceptable job

Softy comes back with this BULL

Did Jake hit better @ leadoff than Crisp in '07 or Lugo in '08?

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lugo had 15 AT BATS at leadoff in '08 and hit .267...Ellsbury had 497 Ab's and hit .272

SOFTLAW LIES!!

Lugo had a better OBP... but it was for 15 AB's... compared to 497!!!! How about you compare those 497 AB's/.324 OBP to Lugo's PITIFUL 352 AB's/.286 OBP in '07... when he was actually expected to leadoff, not just sub in for 3 games... FOOL!

Crisp had 96 AB's leading off in '07 and hit .323... that's very nice, but nowhere near the sample size of Ellsbury's 497 and unfortunately the team gave Lugo 352 AB's where he hit .224 that year... .224!!!!!

Did Crisp make more starts than Jake in '08, making Jake the backup CF'er?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO!

An absolute LIE!!

Ellsbury 129 starts in 145 games
    Crisp 98 starts in 118 games

LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!

stats show Crisp was a worse fielder than Ellsbury in '08 and he can only play CF. Meaning after Ells beat Crisp for the starting CF job, injuries forced him to play a lot of LF/RF.

Did Jake hit better in his full season '08 than Crisp's full season '08?

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just established that Softy is a liar and Ellsbury, the starter, had a full season in '08 and Crisp, the 4th OFer did not. In 200 LESS AB's Crisp hit .03 better for average and .08 better for OBP. WOW. A few hot weeks at the end of the season raised his average from .247 on aug 18th to .283 at the end of the year. Why? B/c he was the 4th OFer.

Why don't you compare them both as starters? Which is what crisp was in '07 and ellsbury in '08. Crisp played in 145 games in '07 w/ 526 AB's... Ells the SAME 145 games in '08 w/ 554 AB's.

Crisp - .268 avg. .330 OBP 85 runs 6 HR 28 steals

Ells - .280 avg. .336 OBP 98 runs 9 HR 50 steals

Ells the starter beats Crisp the starter, Crisp the backup w/ 200 less AB's barely beat Ells in avg/OBP, lost the competition, and was traded. end of story.

Did Lugo (.271/.335 career averages) and Crisp (.280/.331 career averages) meet expectations in Boston?

Yes, except from Racists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO!

Those career averages are NOT what they had coming into Boston. Horrible years here have really brought them down. Look at the reality moron.

Lugo was a .285/.345/10 HR hitter for 3+ years in TB before coming here. Those were the expectations. He was a .237/.295/8 HR in '07 and a .245/.315/4.5 HR guy overall. BUST!

Crisp was a .298/.344/15.5 HR hitter over 283 games for 2 years in Cleve before coming here. Those were the expectations. In 368 games here he hit .271/.331 w/ 7 HR. He was a BUST.

Anymore lies scewed facts for us Softy? anymore situations where you want to compare a 497 AB sample size vs 15 AB's? Want to try and say that two guys who hit WAY worse here than in their previous 2/3 years stints in TB/Cleve, and were HISTORICALLY bad, were not busts?

Want to claim that the above is racism, when I have NEVER said a racist thing towards Lugo/Crisp, rooted for them to do well and only ever used the facts while YOU have made racist "Jake looks better in an Indians hat" comments about Ells?

You are a joke.

You were owned.

You always will be.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[Quote]All this talk of busts is making me feel randy.[/Quote]hey Space, what's doin?...in my best Austin Powers voice..oh behave..lol!!..seriously though, i see Ellsbury's being put in another box, i guess being a Yank fan i'm on the outside looking in, but i think he's a really good player hopefully he'll continue to be given the kind of room he needs to grow as a player..obviously Boston's a tough enough place to play without the extras..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Owned is when I proved you a liar..

look at your last BS post, the one where you took my comparing Ells 497 AB's in '08 to Lugo's 352 in '07 and then tried to say I was wrong by comparing those same 497 AB's to 15 in '08!! Fool!

You are a clown

How about saying Crisp was the starter and Ells the 4th OFer when Ellsbury started 129 games and Crisp 98??

LIAR

Want to see a LIE??

Lugo's OBP as a leadoff guy was "slightly less" than Jake's

Lugo OBP .286
    Ellsbury OBP .324

LIAR!

Want to see a hypocrite?

LA or NY? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

If it's more than 2 at top union price, it's NY.

you say RIGHT THERE! that it was possible Manny plays in NY... when I say "ugh it is very possible Manny plays in NY" you jump all over me... hahaha HYPOCRITE!

Want to see a racist?

Jake would look better in an Indians hat, but this is not the next Jim Thorp. I hope the Indians are as high on him as this board. Who was his hitting coach at Pawtucket, teaching him the art of bunting the ball?

Compare a Native American Indian baseball player to a Native American Indian football player/olympian and then say this Native American Indian should play for the Cleveland "Indians"?? disgusting racism..

There is no problem suggesting the Sox should look to aquire Helton (insurance vs. Papi/Lowell) if we got Iannetta (one of the best young catchers in the game that we asked CO about after I suggested this and were told he was untouchable). There is no prob wanting to discuss Dunn...while saying Theo prob wouldn't want him and Dunn prob wouldn'y want to come off the bench. It was just fun armchair GM taht you could make really, really good arguments for.

Want to see a guy with no knowlege of the value of today's players. Someone whose comments are really dumb and that fact can't be debated??

Sizemore is a complete CF'er, unlike our overhyped Jake. Coming off a 50 steal season, I"m sure the Sox could offer Jake and go back and forth on a top young proven prospect and get this deal done.

The best way to imporve the existing team is get a complete player with pop in CF, let there be no mistake about it.

Josh Hamilton deal:

Jake (sexy young jitterbug that plugs right back into CF for Texas)
    Our top young pitcher, Masterson (we need to replace with FA)
    Prospect players to be named later

How about one of the best players in the game? What is he worth? How do you spell his name??

Bad deal, Puhols is yesterday's news and Molina is good for catchers but no good enough to justify Bucholz, Bowden, Kottaras & MDC. Youk is a more complete player than Pujhols, how does this make us a better by taking our our pitching prospects for Molina? I mean, the Cards make that deal in a heartbeat.

So now that everyone has bashed your ignorance into the ground softy and used facts and stats to prove you wrong, what do you have to say??

It matters not that this board had 20 to 1 typing the same drivel,
    I was right and you were all wrong!!!!

wow!

what a pathetic loser

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Wow some people can't accept when they get owned

It's not my fault you can't hide from you exact quotes or escape the mutliple ignorant and hilarious lies you just posted Softy

you are a joke

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[Quote]Owned is when I proved you a liar..

look at your last BS post, the one where you took my comparing Ells 497 AB's in '08 to Lugo's 352 in '07 and then tried to say I was wrong by comparing those same 497 AB's to 15 in '08!! Fool!

You are a clown

How about saying Crisp was the starter and Ells the 4th OFer when Ellsbury started 129 games and Crisp 98??

LIAR

Want to see a LIE??

Lugo OBP .286
    Ellsbury OBP .324

LIAR!

Want to see a hypocrite?

you say RIGHT THERE! that it was possible Manny plays in NY... when I say "ugh it is very possible Manny plays in NY" you jump all over me... hahaha HYPOCRITE!

Want to see a racist?

Jake would look better in an Indians hat, but this is not the next Jim Thorp. I hope the Indians are as high on him as this board. Who was his hitting coach at Pawtucket, teaching him the art of bunting the ball?

Compare a Native American Indian baseball player to a Native American Indian football player/olympian and then say this Native American Indian should play for the Cleveland "Indians"?? disgusting racism..

There is no problem suggesting the Sox should look to aquire Helton (insurance vs. Papi/Lowell) if we got Iannetta (one of the best young catchers in the game that we asked CO about after I suggested this and were told he was untouchable). There is no prob wanting to discuss Dunn...while saying Theo prob wouldn't want him and Dunn prob wouldn'y want to come off the bench. It was just fun armchair GM taht you could make really, really good arguments for.

Want to see a guy with no knowlege of the value of today's players. Someone whose comments are really dumb and that fact can't be debated??

Sizemore is a complete CF'er, unlike our overhyped Jake. Coming off a 50 steal season, I"m sure the Sox could offer Jake and go back and forth on a top young proven prospect and get this deal done.

The best way to imporve the existing team is get a complete player with pop in CF, let there be no mistake about it.

Josh Hamilton deal:

How about one of the best players in the game? What is he worth? How do you spell his name??

Bad deal, Puhols is yesterday's news and Molina is good for catchers but no good enough to justify Bucholz, Bowden, Kottaras & MDC. Youk is a more complete player than Pujhols, how does this make us a better by taking our our pitching prospects for Molina? I mean, the Cards make that deal in a heartbeat.

So now that everyone has bashed your ignorance into the ground softy and used facts and stats to prove you wrong, what do you have to say??

wow!

what a pathetic loser

[/Quote]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

LIAR

RACIST

HYPOCRITE

JOKE

Softy is all these things and it was proven by his exact quotes and baseball stats/facts/reality

If the guy wants to post more wrong opinions and scream nonsense/lies hysetically at the wind he can dig his own grave and ruin is already worthless reputation

he was owned

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[Quote][Quote]Owned is when I proved you a liar..

You are a clown

LIAR

Want to see a LIE??

Lugo OBP .286
    Ellsbury OBP .324

LIAR!

Want to see a hypocrite?

Want to see a racist?

Josh Hamilton deal:

wow!

what a pathetic loser

[/Quote][/Quote]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Nothing new between you guys. The same old cut'n'paste quotes and accusations. You guys should get a room (or a boxing ring or something).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'm a huge fan of the team and whatever is best for them is best for me. Neither Lugo nor Lowrie come close to being my favorite player on the Sox, and on that subject Ellsbury doesn't even break my top 5. But I respect a job well done and it is clear as day to the intelligent fans the jobs they did were better than what we got from the vets they replaced.

I'm not the kind of person who can sit idly by and watch a trumped up arrogant fool, someone who brags about his wealth/kids/gold/political views on a sports forum and then rudely and childishly disrespecting other members (and who has admitted to watching only a few regular season Sox games), procede to drag these talented young kids names through the mud, spit on their skills and the solid jobs they've already done, and scream negative wrong opinions about their situations for months on end. That is WRONG and I won't stand for it.

The simple stats are a click of the mouse away. Lugo hasn't performed close to epectations, was demoted in '07 and then outplayed by Lowrie in '08. I hope he does great in '09 and will be cheering for him. Ellsbury, in a smaller sample size (7 months to about 17) clearly outplayed Crisp, who didn't live up to expectations either, Ells turned Crisp into a 4th Ofer and then a trade asset. Coco was a good soldier who I cheered for and wish well in KC.

Those are just the facts.

It takes a real slimeball to make racist comments about our Native American Indian CFer. A real psycho to then claim objctive statitical analysis of Lugo/Crisp to be "racism". Only a real selfish and disreputable person roots for a player on "his" team to fail just to justfiy the lying and hateful drivel they've posted for months. And that is the situation we have here... Ells/Lowrie will be put under the spotlight by someone with a hate agenda who is emotionally unstable and out of touch with reality. And that person will mention the kids failures after every game, every at-bat... it will be pathetic and disgusting.

I hope the kids do well, I hope Lugo does well. Lugo deserves his shot at starting. I'm giving him a free pass from serious criticism othrough least 30-35 games (barring utter disaster like .200/.250 5 errors in his first 15) and if he's not cutting it by then (and my bet is he will be fine) I will assume Tito has gone to Lowrie, and if not only then will I question the situation.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts