1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Brady, Please Retire

s8bird, are you retarded?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Brady, Please Retire

s8brd- I sent him a text message.....He said he will retire for you!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Brady, Please Retire

Timberwolves- Remember the meds are there to help you!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Brady, Please Retire

b -

I think Brady will return to the starting lineup. While Belichick has been ruthless with some personnel he has been more than loyal to some others (i.e. bruschi, harrison, etc).

Will he stay in the lineup? Gisele would make it hard to get out the bed. Have you noticed how their relationship advanced to an engagement when he was not with the team. I know some won't take this seriously, but I think Belichick is thanking his lucky stars right now that Cassel turned out as good as he did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Brady, Please Retire

I won't get you wrong about Brady, you hate the Pats and hate Brady. And the Jets still suck!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Brady, Please Retire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVpRjemQ_50

Yea-Sure!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimFromSouthie. Show TimFromSouthie's posts

Brady, Please Retire

Never ceases to amaze me. Whenever some dipsh*t thinks he's being really insulting and funny on this board, he uses the term. CHOWDAH. Usually in all caps.

Funny stuff. Really. Wow, you got us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espnetboy3. Show Espnetboy3's posts

Brady, Please Retire

What really scares me is the troll like this one who doesnt write a 1 liner or something stupid but writes 3 paragraphs of nonsense to get a rise out of people. There are some sick people who need hobbies out there

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

Brady, Please Retire

[Quote]Remember, Belichick has never won anything since Crennel and Weis left, and the workload will become even greater now that Pioli is gone as well.[/Quote]

And how many SBs has your team won since Belichick took over the Pats?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

Brady, Please Retire

What are all these idiot jets fans doing here,they have another 40 years to SB "maybe"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Brady, Please Retire

[Quote]It's always fun to watch the Patsie fans eat their own by attacking anyone who doesn't spew the same ' CHOWDAH' groupthink as the masses. The masses wanted to cut Cassel after Miami waxed the Pats in Gillette this year, The maases will want to bench Brady when he is ineffective in 2009. Whomever is QB of the Pats, their Golden Era has passed. The team's braintrust is gradually breaking up and moving on, and BB's legend will get tarnished. Remember, Belichick has never won anything since Crennel and Weis left, and the workload will become even greater now that Pioli is gone as well.[/Quote]

Wow, you are totally wrong. I wanted Cassell cut bfore the season started. the Miami game was on our Defense not the QB.
    The golden ERA has passed? LOL! If we had Brady in there this year we would still be playing.

So you are saying that you don't know how the Pats fromt office runs? Belichick has the last say in everything football related (Pioli said in an interview), we still have the same scouts that worked under Pioli, and his replacement has been groomed to take his place. The front office works as a team.

And now some dolt things Brady should retire because we have Cassell and he doesn't want Brady to get hurt and you think that we are wrong because we are attacking his moronic statement......WOW! Brady at 50% is better than Cassell at 100%......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Brady, Please Retire

[Quote]I love him and I'm sure we'd have made the playoffs with him had he not gotten assaulted and damaged his knee. But he did get assaulted and he did seriously damage his knee and he will not be the same Brady when he comes back. I love him but I'd trade him tomorrow if the price was right - And Tom could help quite a few teams out there not to mention the fair sex in whatever city he landed in. Just a thought spheroidheads. Please don't hate me anymore than you already do. My dog likes me...I think.[/Quote]

LOL!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Umie79. Show Umie79's posts

Brady, Please Retire

[Quote]It's always fun to watch the Patsie fans eat their own by attacking anyone who doesn't spew the same ' CHOWDAH' groupthink as the masses. The masses wanted to cut Cassel after Miami waxed the Pats in Gillette this year, The maases will want to bench Brady when he is ineffective in 2009. Whomever is QB of the Pats, their Golden Era has passed. The team's braintrust is gradually breaking up and moving on, and BB's legend will get tarnished. Remember, Belichick has never won anything since Crennel and Weis left, and the workload will become even greater now that Pioli is gone as well.[/Quote]

Actually you came relatively close to sounding like an adult here. Not sure why you have to resort to childish semi-insults but I will address the one argument you attempted to make.

As far as the "golden era" passing, as Lee Corso would say, not so fast my friend.

Tom Brady will be back at full strength next season. And we have Cassel who can start the season if Brady is not 100% ready. Brady at 31 is in his prime and I see very little drop off there.

As for BB not winning anything since Crennel and Weis left, let's take stock. They have won a few more AFC East titles and an AFC Championship. That's hardly anything. What you need to understand is that BB has always had the final say. Losing coordinators is going to happen. Losing front office people is going to happen. Losing free agents is going to happen. It happens to every successful team and organization.

But like a few other teams, the Patriots have the organization to be successful for years to come. Does that mean they will win the SB every year ? Of course not. No team will. But going 11-5 this season with an unproven QB to start the season showed me that BB and the organization really know what they are doing in terms of bringing in guys through the draft.

I believe Brady will win at least 2 more SBs before his career is over. And I think the Patriots are going to be very competitive for years to come.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Brady, Please Retire

At the risk of sounding picky...I agree that we will be "competitive" for years to come. However, I hate the word "competitive". I want Super Bowl championships. Let other teams be "competitive". Usually, when you're competitive, you only lose by ten points instead of twenty.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Brady, Please Retire

[Quote]
    Never ceases to amaze me. Whenever some dipsh*t thinks he's being really insulting and funny on this board, he uses the term. CHOWDAH. Usually in all caps.

Funny stuff. Really. Wow, you got us.[/Quote]

Still trying to fit in by pretending to be a fan in disguise, Leon. I thought you were going away this weekend. I guess you meant you were not going to be using your regular multitude of ids and went for a throwback.

Pretty sad that you feel you have to make up some vacation story to try and fit in with human beings. It does make your Div I playing days story that much more funny in its intent.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Brady, Please Retire

This was a troll trying to make us look bad, he posted as a fake Pats fan and as soon as one of us went after the fake pats fan he came back and starts in on how we go after our own if they dont spew the same "chowdah" like we wouldnt figure it out, the same guy who made this thread is the same troll who show up first on the scene and it seems obvius to me by the fact that the kid who made the thread has not been back at all since he made this post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Brady, Please Retire

Umie - your post is well stated, except that the vast majority of pats fans on this board do not regard anything but a superbowl victory as validation of a successful season.

As an outsider here, I know it, because I am reminded of it constantly. Thus, I must apply the unwritten board rules as they apply to me. The Patriot's last successful season was 2004.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Brady, Please Retire

Is there another championship we don't know about?

Are there teams in the league playing for some other reason than to win a championship.

I like what yapple said about "competitve."

Let the Lions and Bengals and Bears (Oh My!) be competitive.

I don't think I could root for a team that had some other goal besides winning the Super Boiwl.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Brady, Please Retire

That is a true underdogg and thats the way it should be, if your team does not win the championship it was a failed season thats just the way it is so what you say is true teh last successful season for the Pats was in 2004 however even though we have not had a successful season since 04 I have to say for a team that has not won it all we have still had a great run of unsuccessful seasons, we went to the afc championship game and lost and then we almost went 19-0 so although i do consider those seasons as unsuccessful i can still say my team was one of the top two teams in the afc through out our dry spout of championships but like you said if you dont win it all its not a successful season but then again you would know all about that being a Indy fan! oooo burn! just messing around with you man all in good fun.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Brady, Please Retire

well said Mike

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Brady, Please Retire

I'm sorry buddy, but please, for YOUR sake, get your head checked out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Brady, Please Retire

As an outsider here, I know it, because I am reminded of it constantly. Thus, I must apply the unwritten board rules as they apply to me. The Patriot's last successful season was 2004.

Using that logic then the Colts have only had ONE successful season since 1970! Since the turn of the century the Patriots are the only team to have more than one "successful" season!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Brady, Please Retire

Let me clarify that last post before the syntax police show up and drag me away in chains. Other goals "besides" winning the Super Bowl -- that is, in addition to winning the Super Bowl -- goals like continuing to address weaknesses and improve as a teamare fine. What I should have said was that I don't think I could root for a team that had some other goal "in place" of winning the Super Bowl.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Umie79. Show Umie79's posts

Brady, Please Retire

[Quote]Umie - your post is well stated, except that the vast majority of pats fans on this board do not regard anything but a superbowl victory as validation of a successful season.

As an outsider here, I know it, because I am reminded of it constantly. Thus, I must apply the unwritten board rules as they apply to me. The Patriot's last successful season was 2004.[/Quote]

Underdogg.....everybody wants to win the championship, that goes without saying. Ultimately that is how legendary teams are measured.

However, what teams like the Colts, Bills, Eagles, to name a few, have done is remarkable as well. The Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls, no other team has ever done that. The Colts have had outstanding regular seasons and have won a Super Bowl. The Eagles went to 4 straight NFC title games and are now in a 5th. You think fans of those teams would take the 0-16 Lions over that ? I think not.

While I want the Patriots to win SBs I can also enjoy the excellence they have played with for the past 8 years or so. While I was bitterly disappointed at the result of last year's SB, I can now look back and realize they had a season for the ages.

The championship doesn't always have to validate the excellence of sports teams. But that is how teams are measured and I agree they should be measured by that.

But no team is going to win the title every single year.....not gonna happen. It's not an easy thing to do obviously. But that doesn't mean a team is still not successful. The Patriots didn't even make the playoffs this season but I still enjoyed their pursuit given their circumstances. I consider the season a success in that sense.

Just my take.