1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan7142. Show patsfan7142's posts

"Bradys done" and "Trade Brady" people, read this

And just to pile on here, Chances are if Brady isn`t ready they will tag Cassel

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[Quote]'All' those people are bugboy Leon. Ignore it/him[/Quote]

If only everyone here knew how to ignore the trolls.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Umie79. Show Umie79's posts

Brilliant post.....and 100% true.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

When the Pats say brady can't start the season then I listen, until then the Patriot hating media can stick it where the sun don't shine!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

nobody knows if the brady will be back at the start of the '09 season. however, the fact that brady's injury took place on the first game means he has a little bit of a cushion in terms of recovery time. hope we start hearing some positive reports in the coming months.

another point, what does it mean to be a fan? i understand teams lose key veterans all the time and the pats, in particular, are not afriad to cut ties when the time is right. however, brady is the heart and soul of the team and if the guy has a chance to play next year that shoud be the end of the story. if the pats were to trade him and he played for another team next year it would be real hard for me to cheer for the pats. there may be a time for brady to move on, but if he still is able to take the field, now is not the time. otherwise we are only cheering for a business entity with totally irrelavent parts.

i would feel they same way if kraft had dumped bb after the spygate ordeal--right now bb and tb are a huge part of what i love about the patriots. to take that away i should pick a new team at the start of each year--

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p8riotfan. Show p8riotfan's posts

You guys have to stop thinking with your heart and think with your head. (one of the things we love about BB) From a medical point of view, Tom couldn't have a worse thing happen to him as far as his infection goes. He could still potentionally LOOSE his leg, let alone never play football again!! Every day that goes by, more scar tissue builds up affecting his knee's mobility. There comes a time when we may have to consider this possibility. Now, I'm sure BB knows alot more about his rehab then we do, so we'll just have to wait and see what he does with Cassel. Until then, get better Tom, and hope to see you in 09!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]And just to pile on here, Chances are if Brady isn`t ready they will tag Cassel[/Quote]

Knowing how smart the Pats management is, IMHO, wouldn't surprise me they franchise Cassel to back up Brady one more season, unless Cassel signs on with the Pats, (hometown discount) and if he has another year like this, his trade value goes WAY up. Can you imagine what next year will be like with Cassel having a year under his belt and the Pats D healthier? We were all giddy with an 11 - 5 record as banged up as they were!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Is it my imagination or is KBEV wasted drunk? That entry was incoherent.

Did you watch today's game? One of the key plays was Cassel's gutsy run for the 1st down on 4th down. Not only does Brady not make that play, but Brady doesn't threaten to make that play and probably loses this game. And did you see Cassel's QB rating? With gusts over 50 mph? Think about that.

Brady will not start next September - that is a fact. Read the story today. That means the Pats either sign Cassel or get O'Connell ready to start. Based on what Cassel accomplished this year, I think they will do the former. That may force the Pats to trade Brady. And yes, there are teams desperate enough to take a chance on Brady, teams like the Lions, 'Niners and Bears, amongst others.

Last, when people talk about Brady of 2001 not having stats as good as Cassel's of 2008 because Brady had only Troy Brown as a receiver, I will remind you that Brady had a heck of a lot better defense (last year, too) and dynamite tight ends. Cassel succeeded with a wrecked D and two sub-par TE's. Brady made a lot of his passes in 2001 to his TE's. Cassel didn't have that luxury.

Brady in 2001 led a Pat's O that ranked 22nd. Cassel's ranked 10th. More food for thought.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[Quote]
    As far fetched as it seems a team like SF might be willing to give up two first round picks for Brady since Brady would be returning home and joining the team he routed for growing up. Brady might even be okay with the idea.

[/Quote]

No way the Niners would give two first rd picks for the greatest QB of all time in his early 30's. That would be nuts! The smart thing for any team like the niners would be to spend big money on Top rated college QB's that don't work out. I could easily see them drafting another Alex Smith rather than taking a chance on a Hall of fame QB in his prime.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SMEngmann. Show SMEngmann's posts

BB will make the right decision, whatever it is, and it will be made purely on what the best interests of the Patriots are going forward, and not based on emotions such as loyalty, etc. As fans we should be thankful to have someone like that calling the shots.

A healthy Tom Brady right now is a better QB than Matt Cassel. However, given the severity of Brady's injury, the differences in age and salary between the two, keeping Cassel and parting ways with Brady might be the best option, especially considering Brady's value on the open market.

To those who say, "Brady will be back in midseason as good as new" you are being unrealistic. If Brady can't answer the bell on day 1, how can you expect to hand him the reins after a year and a half off and expect him to perform? Also, consider that we just went 11-5 and MISSED the playoffs, you really can't afford to lose Cassel if Brady's not ready on day one. An experiment with O'Connell for half the season could lead to a similar result.

Tom Brady is not the sole reason for the Patriots success, Belichick and the management have played a very large role. We're fans, but abandoning the philosophy that turned the franchise around over loyalty to one player is wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

As unpopular a decision like this would be, truly BB would do it if he believed it would be the best strategy going forward. But let's not forget, Brady has been one of the top QBs now for years. Cassel has barely been tested. Although I do think he is better than (and could start over) half the QBs in the league right now. And I think maybe Cassel's value may be more than Brady's (as far as trades go). At least until Tom has shown he can come back from the injury. In any case I hope they tag him simply because that will keep him out of NJ. I'd love to see them trade straight up Cassel for Willis. Matt is from the west coast, and may like the idea of playing in SF. They have talent and a new HC. Now if they tag Cassel and don't trade him I have to start wondering about Brady's knee. A disappointing end to the season, but a great effort. The 01 Patriots had the #2 seed at 11-5. Man, I hate the Jests! And here's some food for thought. Only four short months ago we were all astounded that Cassel didn't get cut. Now we're discussing whether they should keep him and trade Brady! I'm as guilty as the rest, and would've bet money Matt would not make the 53 man roster. It's a good thing cooler heads prevail in Foxboro. Whatever happens, Cassel has earned a big money contract. I just hope it's somewhere in the NFC!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[Quote]And just to pile on here, Chances are if Brady isn`t ready they will tag Cassel[/Quote]

Tagging Cassel means that he will get $14 million in 09. Do you really think the Pats can afford to have that much of their Cap tied up at one position? More likely, Cassel with be the Jets QB next year.

Sections
Shortcuts