1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seair. Show seair's posts

Bring back Nomar as UT player

Thank goodness you're not the Sox GM.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Taxachusetts. Show Taxachusetts's posts

Is Nomie a free agent? I haven't looked.

As HUGE of a fan of Nomar as I was, looking back, he didn't seem to want to be part of Boston. I don't think he was happy here so I doubt he'd return.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Unlikely we could get him out of the whirlpool long enough for a return. We don't need malcontents like him anyway, he couldn't handle it the first go round.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT93. Show BurritoT93's posts

Thank You 4 the first INSANE suggestion of the off-season. You must get your head checked, change your log-in i.d, and never be allowed to start your own thread again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulie1004. Show Paulie1004's posts

Your sounding like the owner of the yankees where you only remember the past of a player who is past his prime. While I also was a huge Nomar fan so much to the point at the bar I used to work at my nickname was Nomar. I do not think Nomar could help the Sox nor do I think he would want to come all the way back east to play ball in the cooking pot known as the AL EAST. if Nomar goes anywhere other then retirement or staying a Dodger I see him going to the Diamondbacks as a UT player where he has his clinic.
    Nomar was great but he is not the Nomar we knew when he first came up from the minors.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cryochiller. Show cryochiller's posts

Sure so he could pop out to end the series like he did against the Phillies! Great idea, remarkable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Nomar is a QUITTER. We don't need QUITTERS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyfromBK. Show JohnnyfromBK's posts

NO MORE GARCIAPOPUP EVER

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

[Quote]Yeah, I am sure Nomar can't wait to return to Boston - he couldn't wait to get out. Like Manny, both would probably retire first than have to come back to Boston.[/Quote]

"Manny said he didn't want to leave there," Garciaparra said. "I didn't want to leave there. (Quote from Garciaparra following the Manny trade).

And lets face it, Nomar, Lowe, Pedro, Millar, Damon - and yes, even Manny - would happily return to Boston if Boston were the highest bidder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dei991. Show dei991's posts

NO THANK YOU

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Padron. Show Padron's posts

Nomar is a head case..laughable at best.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcorbett. Show dcorbett's posts

OK..lets look at the present (not the past)....he's been a guy young guys have looked up to and respected - some of the young LA guys mentioned his professionalism this past year. He knows he's not an everyday player. Attitude-wise he'd be a great fit. On the field (ya, ya, I know, IF he's healthy) he can still drive the ball. Let him swing at the monster and you've got a heck of a player coming off the bench. He can still make a great play - not a liability at the corners at all. He's also been a clutch hitter over the past 2-3 seasons.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

P L E A S E , ANOTHER Q U I T T E R WE DON'T NEED....... I WOULD BRING BACK DON BUDDIN AND EVERYONE ELSE SINCE THEN BEFORE I WOULD CONSIDER THAT P H O N Y !!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

[Quote]

He didn't want to leave, problems with the front office. I think he could help, and I think majority of fans would love the move.

We need a utility player, a 5th starter (Peavy, Lowe), and a catcher (preferably Saltamacchia)[/Quote]

He turned down a 4 year $15 million contrat and refused to PH against the Yanks and the problem was the Front Offcice?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

what a piece of sh*t............... no thanks!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mahones17. Show Mahones17's posts

That would be a slap in the face to Tito for one thing. Secondly, do you really think Nomar would want to come back here? Do you believe most Red Sox fans would like to have him back? I surely do not. Also, Nomar is nowhere close to the skill level he played at while he was here and healthy. He quit on the Sox, maybe not as blatantly as Manny, and showed what kind of character he really had, along with his agent, Arn Tellum, by blaming the Sox FO. Personally, I'd rather have the Sox sign his wife; she has more athletic ability and more guts.

Bad idea, but good fodder for discussion during this lull in Hot Stove action.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I don't know.

For the guy that mentioned the batting titles, that was almost ten years ago.

But for those mentioning the fact that he whined his way off the team in 2004, which he certainly did, that was over 4 years ago.

Since he can play 1B, 3B, and occasionally at SS, if we PH for Lowrie, he's a nice fit. I've bashed his whineyness and greed as much as anyone, but the RS fan in me would like to see some closure, much like Clemens (to my chagrin). If Nomar has grown up a little over the last four years, understands his place with the team, and wants to return for glory's sake, I'd at least interview him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I was looking for something interesting to read while I eat my lunch.

This thread ain't it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I was a Nomar fan as well but his time has come and gone... Having said that, his old Number is still available !! I wonder why that is ?? LOL

GO SOX 2009 !!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[Quote]What we need is a big bat! Papi and Lowell are questionable producers and possibly fading away.. Youk and Pedroia are great but possibly had career years in 08. Drew is always a hang nail away from being out for a month or two. That puts a lot of pressure on Bay, especially if the above scenarios are even close.. Bring on Mark Teixeira and the Sox are great again with the youth and talent to stay on top for another 6-10 years. Without Tex, we could very likely slip to 3rd place in 09, bet on it![/Quote]

It's funny but...I never noticed the red 'S' on Texeira's chest. He's going to save us by leaping over the Pru in a single bound.

Also funny the Yankees have "Mr. All World Baseball Player" A-Rod and they couldn't even make the playoffs. That just goes to show one high priced superstar does not a champion make.

Funny how one bad year and Ortiz becomes a "questionable producer"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crlsnjnn. Show crlsnjnn's posts

He turned down a 4 year $15 million contrat

I know what you mean, but in case someone else doesn't........that was a four year $15 million PER YEAR for a total of $60 million. If I remember correctly, he felt that wasn't enough because it was less than what Jeter was getting. I think he's been paid between $3 million and $8 million per year since then so turning down $60 million wasn't such a good move on Nomar's part.

I liked Nomar, too, but it was time for him and the Red Sox to move on. I don't see them wanting him back or him wanting to come back.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Funny how one bad year and Ortiz becomes a "questionable producer"

It wasn't even a bad year, it was a bad start and an injury.

For the first 16 games, he batted .111. Maybe it was Japan, maybe it was the flu going around, who knows?

From April 18th until he hurt his wrist, he had a .313/.408/.626/1.034, and those are outstanding numbers. He had a bad 15 games stretch recovering from the injury, with a .254 and one HR. But from August 12th through the end of the season, he had a .286/.403/.599/1.002, which again is outstanding.

So those looking to get rid of him are doing so for a bad 2-week stretch to start the season, the 2 weeks recovering from his wrist injury, and the POs. I'd bet right now that he finishes in the top-15 in OPS in 2009.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

He didn't want to leave, problems with the front office.

He wanted to stay, and yet wouldn't accept $60,000,000 from us to stay? All he had to do was to accept $60,000,000 and he'd still be with us.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

Nomar's days are well behind him and he didn't make any friends in our FO when he was here. After turning down 16mil a year, Nomar never made that kind of money again for a reason.

I don't think either side would even consider such a thought.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

He turned down the cash & hasn't come close to earning it back. If he had accepted it, it would have been a rotten contract for the Sox, equivalent to what the Mets got out of Pedro.

Sections
Shortcuts