1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mammanaus. Show mammanaus's posts

Buchholz=C. Hansen MAKE THIS TRADE!

There is no true sign that Buchholz is going to be a stud in the major leagues. I see him becoming the next hansen who the sox should have traded loooong before they did. I need to see Hanley in a boston uniform. It would transform the sox. He is someone you know will produce. too many ? marks with Ells and Buch. MAKE THE TRADE!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

mammanaus, thanks, we were just waiting for some indication from you as to how you felt. Will move forward with it then...
    -Theo Epstein

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mammanaus. Show mammanaus's posts

Micksoxx, thanks, but did you want to give me you own opinion on the matter or do you just like to pretend to be other people.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jastaleyfromms. Show jastaleyfromms's posts

Buccholz threw a no hitter thats one sign or do you want to say no lets trade hime no hitters happen every day. The kid just struggled. He will be a monster in Baseball i bet you wanted to trade jon lester for Santana to, Now look at lester. Buch had one bad season let him go he is a stud and will be an ace

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jastaleyfromms. Show jastaleyfromms's posts

Buccholz threw a no hitter thats one sign or do you want to say no lets trade hime no hitters happen every day. The kid just struggled. He will be a monster in Baseball i bet you wanted to trade jon lester for Santana to, Now look at lester. Buch had one bad season let him go he is a stud and will be an ace

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

mammanaus, you are correct sir, I just like to pretend to be other people!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mammanaus. Show mammanaus's posts

he threw a no-hitter to an orioles sept AAA roster...and tek had 90 percent to do with it. yeah, real proof. just like abe alvarez threw a no hitter 2 years ago...what is he doing now? throwing a no hitter says nothing about how good you are. i still would trade him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from manfredoko. Show manfredoko's posts

You sound like Scott Boras. Give all the credit for his no-hitter to Varitek.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cujo23. Show cujo23's posts

[Quote]Buccholz threw a no hitter thats one sign or do you want to say no lets trade hime no hitters happen every day. The kid just struggled. He will be a monster in Baseball i bet you wanted to trade jon lester for Santana to, Now look at lester. Buch had one bad season let him go he is a stud and will be an ace[/Quote]

I see your point, as I was on the trade Lester wagon for quite some time and can admit that I was WRONG.

However, isn't there something to be said for the known commodity that Hanley IS vs. what a player could be. Lets just say Clay does end up being the ace you describe, isn't it still probable that with Hanley's proven talent and future effect he will have to our lineup, that the regrets may not be so large?

Nobody wanted Hanley to go in the first place, but the trade was made. I for one do not look back and say we shouldn"t have given up the stud he has turned out to be since my return of 2 world series wasn't bad.

A stud everyday player is tough to compare a possible future stud every 5 days?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayfin. Show Jayfin's posts

since we are not in the Red Sox offices, don't know how we know that EVERY team asks for Bukholz, but perhaps some people have secret sources. Give me a rest from fanatasy minds and "journalist" bloggers who just want to increase the click rate on their site. it does seem clear that Bukholz has physical skills -- perhaps he is still a bit of a head case. Arizona baseball is meaningless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

OK, Theo, Farrell, and Francona say Bucholz is a stud and a great competitor and have refused to trade him even for Santana, but "Mamammus" says he is overated. Enough said, lets get rid of the bum.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

First of all, there is no comparison between Hanson and Buch. Buch has actually had substantial success in the majors where as Hanson was purely potential.

Secondly, I love how Mamm thinks the Marlins would trade a "stud" for 2 players with too many question marks. If Buch and Ells did have too many question marks, then why would the Marlins make such a trade?

That said, trading Buch and Ells for Ramirez isn't that bad of an idea, of course I probably would have made that deal BEFORE trading Coco. I could see Trading Buch and Lowrie for Ramirez.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpoojsna. Show bpoojsna's posts

"tek had 90 percent to do with it"

seriously?? seriously???? c'mon man your just digging your own grave in that argument. if it was 90% tek then how come all his other starts that tek caught he struggled? by your theory all the sox pitchers should be throwing no hitters because tek was catching.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

he threw a no-hitter to an orioles sept AAA roster...

Not for nothing, but your response screams out that you either didn't see the game, or don't remember the game. I saw it, but didn't remember it, but I was smart enough to look it up. The lineup included most of the regulars. Hernandez and Mora were out. There was no reason for you to have guessed.

IRT Buchholz, imho, he has a massive amount of talent. He's had phenominal success at every level, and some success at the pro level. He's had 18 starts. He's pitched well in 7 of them. Santana struggled when he came up, so did Randy Johnson, Liriano, Greinke. Bonderman had a mere 19 losses in his first season before he was shut down.

How many 'trade Lester' threads have we seen? How many 'Pedroia is too short' threads have we seen?

Y'all are reading way too much into a few bad starts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpoojsna. Show bpoojsna's posts

thank you joe, people just can't seem to get that through there head

they always jump to conclusions way to fast and want every superstar now... at least we have a few good posters on this board who have some sense

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from atteckus. Show atteckus's posts

Actually, I have my hopes set on the Sox using Buccholz to acquire a quality young starting catcher, like Brian McCann of the Braves or Kurt Suzuki of the A's, to replace the aged and poorly hitting Varitek. There's no doubt that our line-up needs some offensive pop after Papi's weak season and not signing Tex. These two 20-somethings have both offensive pop as well as strong defensive skills. McCann, in particular, seems to have potential to be the next Joe Maurer (23 HRs, .297 BA, .859 OPS, threw out 22.5% of attempted stealing runners, .989 fielding pct.). With that kind of pop filling the catching hole, we would not miss Tex in the least. Given that all 3 of our first tier starters are under 30 years old, with Matheson available for quality starts when needed, and if Penny works out, our rotation is already quite full. If Buccholz works out to be a superstar, then perhaps we can trade for him later or sign him as an FA down the road. Right now, I think he is our main bargaining chip to address our present needs. Every reputable rumor I have heard in the last year or so (from national/major market media outlet reporters) is that every potential trading partner asks for Buccholz, Lester and/or Ellsbury. Buccholz is definitely one of the more desireable young pitching prospects out there. Is he enough to get the trade done on his own? probably not. But his name included will get the other team's GM to perk up and listen to the idea of a trade. Without him included, there is no serious chance of a quality acquisition.

Sections
Shortcuts