1. You have chosen to ignore posts from khuberpt. Show khuberpt's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

This is embarrasing, delcarmen cant retire anyone, ardsmaa walks too many guys to be coming out of the pen, lopez is situational at best, timlin is as old as christ. oki, who knows.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

But everyone was doing zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz here earlier, weren't they? This pitching really sucks. No lead is safe. If they lose this one, I guarantee it will come back to haunt them bigtime. The Yanks have taken the lead in Minnesota.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

Theo traded Manny and two young players and got no pitching help in return. LOL What an idiot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chick92. Show chick92's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

what a total embarrasment

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMIK326. Show BMIK326's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

this team is an embarrasment

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

This has to be the biggest farce in the history of the red sox.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wdust. Show wdust's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

How the hell do the Rangers keep getting hits and our outfielders keep missing them?

Jacoby and his bruised coccyx... wish he were in center. How many runs have we given up on missed catches in the outfield?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

I hate to be a downer, BUT THIS TEAM REALLY SUCKS!

In fact look around major league baseball, where is baseball really being played? Seroiusly, where's the "play at the plate?" Where's a good consistant bunt. How 'bout the good old hit and run? Why am I the only one to see alot of over paid relatively poor to mediocor baseball players maquerading as major league baseball players! Just how big can an 0-2 swing get?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

I hate to be a downer, BUT THIS TEAM SUCKS!

In fact look around major league baseball, where is baseball really being played? Seriously, where's the "play at the plate?" Where's a good consistent bunt. How 'bout the good old hit and run? Why am I the only one to see alot of over paid relatively poor to mediocre baseball players masquerading as major league baseball players!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

MDC has an era of 4.32 has given up 3 runs 3 times, 2 runs 3 time and 1 run 4 times in 50 apperances. That means in 40 appearances he has given up ZERO = 0 runs. Yes he was bad last night but that happens even to the best.

So PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW THAT MAKES HIM SUK?????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

TO JIM AND FELIX...I HAVE ONE THOUGHT... WAKE UP AND SMELL THE
    KEROSENE OF A BULLPEN IN SMOKE; DEL CARMEN AND AARDSMA ARE
    MEDIOCRE AT BEST. MDC IS A TRIPLE A PITCHER AT BEST AND SOON
    HE WILL BE BACK IN PAWTUCKET..AS SOON AS WE GET A WARM
    BODY WHO CAN THROW STRIKES. AARDSMA ONLY HAS A ONE-SPEED
    FASTBALL THAT GOOD BIG LEAGUERS CAN TIME PERFECTLY, AS YOU
    SAW LAST NITE. WHEN HE MISSES, IT'S BASE ON BALLS CITY. WHEN
    YOU SAY DEL CARMEN BLOWS BUT HE'S STILL YOUNG, DO YOU MEAN
    THE CLUB WILL CONTINUE THROWING HIM OUT THERE SO HE CAN
    GIVE UP LEADS AND BLOW A LOT MORE ?? I HOPE NOT, FOR THE
    RED SOX' SAKE. I AM TIRED OF KNUCKLEBALLERS AND ESPECIALLY
    KEVIN CASH WHO CAN'T HIT A LICK. I SAY RETIRE WAKE, SEND
    ZINK BACK TO AAA, AND GET SOME LIVE ARMS UP HERE. BY PLAYING
    CASH, WE CREATE A BLACK HOLE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LINEUP
    ESPECIALLY IF CRISP IS IN THE LINEUP TOO, WAKE UP, JOHN HENRY !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from indianhoop. Show indianhoop's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

MDC is very, very inconsistent and not really reliable in a big spot (playoffs etc.). To say so otherwise is being in denial.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

"This is embarrasing,..."

Not as embarrassing as this thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmolina03. Show jmolina03's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

Am I the only one who things Delcarmen is a stiff? HE SU_CKS!!!! --get rid of him!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

and replace him with who? you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaycoach. Show jaycoach's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

[Quote]"This is embarrasing,..."

Not as embarrassing as this thread.[/Quote]

Niz, as one who has lived with the performance of the Sox since 1947, I can say with some historical perspective, you couldn't be more correct. The "fans" on this thread don't deserve this team. That was a great performance by the Sox considering they used an untested rookie for the starting pitcher and that Texas is a powerful hitting team. It would have been easy for the RS to fold after Texas caught up, but they came back in convincing fashion. As to the "expert" who has no use for Wake, how is he going to replace him? Does he have a pitcher on deck who is going to give us 3.7 ERA's? If not, where are we going to get him? Will he cost less than Wake's 4 M? What are we going to have to give up for him?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

Hey Niz..how have you been?..WOW guess that one won't make the highlight reel huh?..LOL!!...looks like a few of the natives are going a bit overboard, getting the W should dull the pain a bit i would think(it's not like you're asking them to forget what happened) a few of them might already be airborne if the Sox had lost that one...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

[Quote]

Niz, as one who has lived with the performance of the Sox since 1947, I can say with some historical perspective, you couldn't be more correct. The "fans" on this thread don't deserve this team. That was a great performance by the Sox considering they used an untested rookie for the starting pitcher and that Texas is a powerful hitting team. It would have been easy for the RS to fold after Texas caught up, but they came back in convincing fashion. As to the "expert" who has no use for Wake, how is he going to replace him? Does he have a pitcher on deck who is going to give us 3.7 ERA's? If not, where are we going to get him? Will he cost less than Wake's 4 M? What are we going to have to give up for him?[/Quote]hey JC..what's doin?...those are the ones you just gotta chalk up to "one of those nights"...and be glad you got the W..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

I believe this thread seals the deal. We, as a group, must be the stupidest fans on the planet. And that includes Yankee and Mets fans. We take a one game sample and apply it to the entire season. If you all are the fans you claim to be, then you have seen wild games like this one. Anyone who has watched and baseball over time could see what last night was going to be. Did you think the Sox would score 80 runs since they scored 10 in the first inning? Since they did not, does that mean they suck? Please, take it easy. All the pitching was horrible. But, your team could have folded and lost. they did not. They found a way to get it done. You might use the term embarrassment. I use the term exhilarating!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfansince54. Show soxfansince54's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

I agree with all of the above statements. Let's hope Theo acquires someone within the next 2 weeks like Byrd, who could be useful in the bull pen. The main problem with relievers is that they're so up and down, year to year (see Belcarmen, Okie, all of Cleveland's bullpen, and Street of the A's).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

But i dont say our bullpen sucks. Our starting rotation is what i think sucks more.

and i think thats all we need to hear from you to understand that there's no reason to ever hear anything from you again. you're rather misguided. other than the angels, show me a team with a better rotation than Boston's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYviaMass. Show NYviaMass's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

Funny stuff this thread is. 'I love the one game sample comment'. Fortunately, this message board is just small sample of Red Sox Nation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

Not as embarrassing as this thread.[/Quote]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

Not as embarrassing as this thread.[/Quote

AMEN!!

Sox are second in MLB in hitting and third in the AL in team ERA, not to mention in second place in a tough division (it must be tough, since I keep hearing that the Rays and Yanks are better than the Sox). They will most likely catch Tampa down the stretch due to home/away splits....but oh. wait....never mind - this team sucks.

Their current record would put them in first place in 3 of MLB's divisions and second in the other 3. They are tied for the 4th best record in MLB. Sounds to me like there are at least 25 other teams that suck a lot worse, but hey....this team sucks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Bullpen is AWFUL!!!

Stating that Aardsma and DelCarmen were awful last night is clearly stating the obvious. What troubled me the most was watching Francona leave Zink in there to get blown away. I know he was trying to get the rookie his first win but he nearly cost the team a victory. Even though Lopez and Timlin haven't performed reliably the bullpen isn't entirely a mess. Masterson has been a plus and Okajima seems to be pitching better of late. One of the other concerns that I have with this staff is Buchholz. As he has gotten roughed up every time out recently, he has that deer-in-the-headlights look on his face. A couple of other notes on Buchholz: he needs to learn another pitch, like a slider, and he also needs to learn to field his position. After he releases his pitches he flops off the mound the way Clement did and we all know that after Clement got struck on the noggin by a batted ball he wasn't much good.
    When we make the playoffs, Beckett, Dice-k, and Lester ought to be able to get us to a pen that includes Masterson, Okajima, and Paps. That sounds pretty good to me!

Sections
Shortcuts