1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Bye-Bye Red Sox-Yankees are favorite land Burnett

So signing an oft-injured pitcher with a lifetime record of 87-76 and one good season in his career makes the Yankees the favorite? I would not count on that 27th ring just yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulRodgers. Show PaulRodgers's posts

what's your f'ing point.

money is the root of all evil

sign everybody, be happy but you and i both know that you are miserable in your skin.

you act like you are out their on the field.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mydogskippy. Show mydogskippy's posts

if you are saying burnett will help the spankmees put some distance between the yanks and sox i complete agree with you rings.i too am predicting a fourth place finish in the al east for you guys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulRodgers. Show PaulRodgers's posts

[Quote]if you are saying burnett will help the spankmees put some distance between the yanks and sox i complete agree with you rings.i too am predicting a fourth place finish in the al east for you guys.[/Quote]

good one skip, and accurate.

rings, i'll give you 27 reasons why you have no friends.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mydogskippy. Show mydogskippy's posts

by the way 27rings...i love your screename.it must be nice to know that you can keep the same name for the next 10 or 15 years without ever having to change it to 28 rings.....PASS ME ANOTHER DONUT AJ....OK CC BUT ILL HAVE TO USE MY GOOD ARM...LOLOLOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ufcchamp. Show ufcchamp's posts

We can only hope that signing Burnett will help the yankers as much as it did the BJs...and that CC is as dominant in the playoffs as he was in Cle/Mil...rock on yankers!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

FoxSports.com's Ken Rosenthal announced pitcher AJ Burnett injured his right elbow signing his 5 year $85mm deal with the Yankees. GM Brian Cashman was optimistic Burnett could double the win total of former Yankee signee Carl Pavano despite the setback. "AJ will start the season on the DL, we have a lot of hope he'll be back for the September stretch or the post season if needed."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mydogskippy. Show mydogskippy's posts

pavano was my idol...i remember the great game he pitched on 1348 days rest....then the immortal signing of jaret"my arm hurts"wright...jason"stick the needle there"giambi..the list goes on and on.THE NEW BOSS...SAME AS THE OLD BOSS

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wafostermisionero. Show wafostermisionero's posts

hey Bad Company...let me correct you Sir, money is not the root of all evil, the scripture says:

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..."

Being a minister I always enjoy the way people mis-interpret the Bible, but anyways...getting back to Baseball, AJ Burnett killed us last year, he was dominating because he stayed healthy..my guess is this year AJ does not stay healthy just as CC will have a hard time staying away from the Buffet Table. Then again pitchers don't have to necessarily be in the best shape to perform. David Wells comes to mind, he was fat but pretty effective for years. Burnett though will definately get hurt and if the Yankees do go after Ben Sheets you can bet that YEP he will also get hurt ha! ha! Derek Lowe would be a lot wiser for them to sign IMO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Actually shouldn't it be 26 rings ?? LOL

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

What is "favorite land Burnett"? What does that mean?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

If Law becomes too much of a problem here, we can always fillibuster him. We can do exactly what he does, we can post nonstop gibberish on every thread that we see him on. Cut and paste completely irrelevant information on the threads that you see him on, it can be medical abstracts, phone books, movie reviews, classified pages, etc., whatever. He won't go away so we need to take some actions to make him invisible or difficult to read.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

CC+AJ = Randy Johnson +Carl Pavano

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

SO Wow it's it tough to write a check! Go Brian go! Good scouting!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

If Law becomes too much of a problem here, we can always fillibuster him. We can do exactly what he does, we can post nonstop gibberish on every thread that we see him on. Cut and paste completely irrelevant information on the threads that you see him on, it can be medical abstracts, phone books, movie reviews, classified pages, etc., whatever. He won't go away so we need to take some actions to make him invisible or difficult to read.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

The more they spend the harder they will fall.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

At 85 million dollars the Yankees have to be smoking crack. Its going to cost your lungs to go to a Yankee game next year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why these Yankees fans are so excited??? Did they forget that they dont have any power hitting lefthanded batter in the line up??? Giambi is gone, Abreu is gone, and soon Cano (who may be traded to Dodgers). Then if Manny comes, then the Yankees may have to trade either Matsui or Damon or Nady!!

Tell you what, that is going to be my worse chemistry Yankees team I have ever witness in my entire life!!

The 90's world championship teams are already twice better than the 2009 season!! Why, they got young healthy pitching staffs, excellent defense, and excellent hitting line up.

Well, I can just let these Yankees fans get excited just like they did in 2008 season!!

If Sox do get Texieria, that mean the Sox are favor to win the division, then goes to Rays and Yankees will come in third again!! Oh no!!

Go Sox!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Does anyone else think the Yankees are paying Sabathia by the pound?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

If the Yankees sign Burnett, the Red Sox are screwed. The only hope Boston had was that the Yankees would have bad luck because they didn't fill Carl Pavano's spot on the DL, but if they get Burnett, they have not only filled the spot, but they have paid more money to Burnett than they did to Pavano, clearly meaning that the Yankees have all the luck on their side again. Why are they so lucky?!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnoaton. Show bnoaton's posts

Lets assume they both have good years which would mean they stay healthy. With your defense and weak offense you may get 27 wins out of the 2 of them. Now lets assume they pitch to thier history. Yyou will get around 15 to 18 or so out of CC and maybe 12 starts out of AJ. Big money on pitchers is very risky and even worse when they have a history of arm problems. Time will tell but you are still at this point a 3rd or 4th place team in the AL East

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

Yes, the Yanks got CC and Burnett. But don't forget, they also lost Mussina and Pettite. True, CC and Burnett are probably a better duo. But the upgrade isn't that much to where you guys feel you have the title already.

I guess that is what several years of losing while having by far the highest team payroll does to a Yankee fan.

I think that if the Sox sign just one 2nd tier free agent starter (like a Sheets, Lowe, or Pettite) to round out their rotation, they would have gained more than the Yanks did because we didn't lose anybody that needed to be replaced.