1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Cassel is this year's Bledsoe....

That's a bad comparison. Bledsoe was old, past his prime, and a statue to boot. If you didn't have a very good O-line he would get killed. Cassel is younger,
    plus he's had better coaching. You'll be surprised at how many teams are desperate for a QB. The retreads
    out there this year are not great. Now the Lions and Chiefs are still going to suck no matter what QB they have. But some of the middle of the pack teams could
    improve greatly with a QB who can manage the game
    and make a few plays. I doubt they'll get two firsts (Al Davis isn't shopping for a QB), but I'm sure some team will offer one. And BB is very good at wheeling and dealing. Bledsoe was a throw-away. Cassel is an abundance. We should know more in a couple weeks.
    Possibly they don't trade him at all. Of course, that would be bad news as I'd have to take that as meaning Tom won't be ready.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidwa. Show davidwa's posts

Cassell is last year's Brady. A first year QB stepping in for an injured established veteran player, showing good composure, quick learner & leading his team to more victories then expected. RE his trade value: Is there any doubt he would make SF or Minn better next year. He'd probably take those teams to the playoffs a lot sooner then a rookie QB just out of college.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzCal. Show BuzzCal's posts

[Quote]Cassell is last year's Brady. A first year QB stepping in for an injured established veteran player, showing good compuser, quick learner & leading his team to more victories then expected. RE his trade value: Is there any doubt he would make SF or Minn better next year. He'd probably take those teams to the playoffs a lot sooner then a rookie QB just out of college.[/Quote]

That is a GREAT point! Cassel is not close to being a Bledsoe. Cassel proved how mobile he is versus Bledsoe who would drop back and get sacked. The Patriots are in a nice position this offseason but I really hope Brady is back!

BuzzCal.com
    "The Ultimate Sports Calendar"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidwa. Show davidwa's posts

I'm rooting for TB too & a Cassell trade could really benefit the team (although it's tough to see a good young talent go) Who knows how the next Pats backup will do. Hopefully as good as Cassell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Bledsoe may have been a statue but he led us out of the dark ages.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Much to there surprise Mr. Apples meets Mr. Oranges and they discover that they have nothing in common.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

Why don't you think it will happen? You honestly don't think some team will offer a couple high picks for him??? AJ Feeley got a 2nd rounder for goodness sakes...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

"

Patsfansince1966 535403
    Member Since 6/25/2008
    Comments: 212

POSTED 2/14/2009 4:48:56 AM
    ...a guy the fan's think is going to bring us multiple players. Ain't happening.

So much for making a blanket statement without anything to back it up. So, I'll do the same. Matt C. WILL bring us a #1 PLUS a #2 or a #1 and (2) #3's. Bank on it.
    And by comparing Bledsoe to Matt C. you have to ask yourself as a GM...would you take Bledsoe in the year we traded him or Matt C this year? Easily Matt C.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It's true that Cassel is an entirely different brand of quarterback. The Bledsoe model, tall, upright and immobile has gone the way of the split backfield in the NFL. But let's not be rewriting history here. Bledsoe was by no means done when the Pats traded him to Buffalo and no matter what Cassel does or does not do from this point forward, Yapple's point should not be taken lightly. The new breed of fan may not appreciate what Drew Bledsoe did for this team, but if you can trace your Pats lineage back to guys like Marc Wilson and Hugh Millen you would remember Bledsoe as a warrior and a savior.

And no way do we get by the Steelers in 2001 without him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

[Quote]

Nobody was saying that in February, 2002.[/Quote]

I don't know if he was saying it, but I bet he was thinking it and he's the ONLY one that matters...Bill Belichick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I was hoping Ne would bring back Bledsoe when Brady got injured, there was never a bigger class act. Thankfully Cassel worked out better thanfine after he got his bearings arounf weak 8 or 9.

He had a tremendous arm, and really put up some prolific digits in NE.

But he will always be the guy who made this ream credible after a miserable early 1990s. He put fans in the stands every night. And despite his penchant for tossing a pick, he also had the ability to gun sling his way back into games. NE wouldnn't be here now without him.

For all the pink hat Pats fans, you need to know it. Brady is the greatest Patriot ever. But Gillette is the house the Drew built.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrockon. Show patsrockon's posts

Despite Bledsoe's weakness, I think a player is as good as he is feared, and Bledsoe's ability to burn you was on every teams' minds for a decade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

[Quote]Brady is done with that knee that blew up in the 1st game and cassell -well he just aint that good-Who will the cheats draft to replace Brady this year?
    Everybody knows that the cheats need a new Oline because the present Oline just sucks.Half the coaching staff has left NE and your LBing crew is ol der then dirt.Sing along with Leon won't you?
    I see a bad moon arisin'...I see trouble on the way!
    So Gang! How are YA?![/Quote]

So if the 11-5 Patriots (who tied for first) are that bad how would you rate your beloved Jets? Last I checked they came in 3rd, they were regressing as the season wore on, have no QB, a new coach with no Head Coaching experience and Tan-n-bum still making the personal decisions.. I’ll say with great confidence that the Pats go 14-2 next year and your Jets go 7-9.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Hess- The Pats might go after a "Has Been".......Sound familiar? Maybe Garcia! (laugh)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

[Quote]Brady is done with that knee that blew up in the 1st game and cassell -well he just aint that good-Who will the cheats draft to replace Brady this year?
    Everybody knows that the cheats need a new Oline because the present Oline just sucks.Half the coaching staff has left NE and your LBing crew is older then dirt.Sing along with Leon won't you?
    So Gang! How are YA?!
    [/Quote]

www.kaboodle.com/russtrollcollector/my-rare-russ-berrie-trolls/russ-ny-jets-troll-with-rare-green-eyes" target="_blank">
    RUSS NY JETS TROLL WITH...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Everybody knows that the cheats need a new Oline because the present Oline just sucks.Half the coaching staff has left NE and your LBing crew is older then dirt.Sing along with Leon won't you?
    So Gang! How are YA?!

www.kaboodle.com/russtrollcollector/my-rare-russ-berrie-trolls/russ-ny-jets-troll-with-rare-green-eyes" target="_blank">
    RUSS NY JETS TROLL WITH...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[Quote]
    Much to there surprise Mr. Apples meets Mr. Oranges and they discover that they have nothing in common.
    [/Quote]LoL, just what i was thinking but you said it better!Go Pats!!!