1. You have chosen to ignore posts from papifan111. Show papifan111's posts

Cassell to Detroit.....

We should pickup mcnabb after trade cassel =p

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Cassell to Detroit.....

What street are you talking about? I don't think they would ever give up two first round picks for Cassel. I would be thrilled with their second first round pick and their third (I think they got both picks from the Roy Willams trade). That would make the lions look smart (essentially a receiver for a good starting qb). That was what I was thinking...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Cassell to Detroit.....

Detetroit will not give up both 1st round picks, let alone the 1st pick in the draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Cassell to Detroit.....

Patsftball- Problem with that is that the Patriots can not afford to keep both Casell and Brady on the team ($29 mill between the two of them, assuming the Patriots franchise Cassell). That gives them money to sign draft picks, but very little to spend on FA's.

I think a 1st and 3rd are reasonable fpr Cassell. I know O'Conell has not had a lot of playing time, but BB saw someting in him to have used a 3rd round pick on him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Cassell to Detroit.....

Sportsbozo- Where are the extra 4th and 5th picks from? The 4th assuming the Pats will get compensation for Gay? What about the 5th?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Cassell to Detroit.....

Detroit has too many needs to give up a 1st this year. Most teams are more generous in giving up picks in future years as they feel the need to win today.

How about Cassel to Detroit (or any other team) for a 2009 3rd round pick and a 1st in 2010? That way the new Detroit GM can start rebuilding his team - his main concern - with 4 first day draft picks and get Cassel. NE gets the extra 3rd round this year and a 1st round next year.

NE has always benifited in being patient, moving up with San Fran, Oakland and San Diego. This would be a good chance to do it again.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Cassell to Detroit.....

A first round draft pick from Detroit in 2010 would probably be better than the #19 pick in the first round in 2009

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Cassell to Detroit.....

Highly, highly doubtful. But I wouldn't be shocked if they forked over the #20 as stupid as it would be to do so. Detroit makes so many mistakes. They need to use both picks on a decent pair of O-lineman or one OT and one DT.

If NE wants a pick this season they would be better served looking at teams that need a QB and feel they are one peice away from contending.

That list would include teams like Minny and maybe Chicago. Maybe the Cardinals.

Not the rebuilding teams who are more likely going to want to spend later picks.

It even makes more sense because I don't think Cassel (or any QB in college) is really worth the top few picks just because they bust so often. Cassel represents a deal because he means security, as he is far less likely to stink than any QB coming from NCAA football.

So value wise a team with say, a 19th pick would have to look and say, Sanchez in a reach? Or Cassel who has proven he can get it done in the NFL?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanBlake. Show PatsFanBlake's posts

Cassell to Detroit.....

2 1st rounders for Cassel??? WOW if we get 2 for him Im gonna trade myself to the LIONS for a $1,000,000 ...Millen is gone so I dont see this going down...if it does I'll be going insane...and so will LIONS fans....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

Cassell to Detroit.....

The first pick in the draft?? WOW! Don´t see that happen. What should the Pats do with this pick? Draft a player right there and pay him top money? Very unlikely not their style? The first pick in the draft will command to much money. And trading the first overall pick won´t be easy too. If they trade him to the Lions I would be pleased with the first rounder they got from the Cowboys and a second rounder next year. In my eyes this would be one hell of a deal. Lets get serious guys, even if they have about 10 picks this year do you really see them picking up 10 player via draft. Add the rookies from this year(Mayo,Guyton,Crable,Ruud,BJGE,Wheatley,Wilhite,Redd,Slater,O´Connell) and do you see them start the new season with 20 rookies or 2 year players on their rooster? Collecting picks in this form only would be usefull f.ex. to trade for a tagged player like Asomugha.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

Cassell to Detroit.....

good post bob-- this actually make sense from BOTH the pats and the lions perspective and therefore has some chance of actually happening! Its in-line with how that pats always like to have flexibility in drafts persent and future-- Plus, as you stated, it allows the lions coach and new front office the ability to put the best team on the field for '09 with a newly minted starting quarterback and two first round draft picks to go along with calvin johnson. not bad!

[Quote]

Detroit has too many needs to give up a 1st this year. Most teams are more generous in giving up picks in future years as they feel the need to win today.

How about Cassel to Detroit (or any other team) for a 2009 3rd round pick and a 1st in 2010? That way the new Detroit GM can start rebuilding his team - his main concern - with 4 first day draft picks and get Cassel. NE gets the extra 3rd round this year and a 1st round next year.

NE has always benifited in being patient, moving up with San Fran, Oakland and San Diego. This would be a good chance to do it again.

[/Quote]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Cassell to Detroit.....

[Quote]McNabb is dead. He died in an airplane crash with doc Daneeka, who really wasn't on board, but no one would believe him. Get the catch?....22! Spheroidhead.[/Quote]

That was McWatt after he killed Hungry Joe. But great reference. Thanks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Cassell to Detroit.....

"I'm cold"

"There, there."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtg5017. Show gtg5017's posts

Cassell to Detroit.....

[Quote]Sportsbozo- Where are the extra 4th and 5th picks from? The 4th assuming the Pats will get compensation for Gay? What about the 5th?[/Quote]

I'm assuming he's talking about the 5th round pick we got from San Diego last year when we also acquired their 2nd rounder. And the 4th rounder i would also presume is compensation for Gay.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Cassell to Detroit.....

While Detroit seems a likely destination and the Lions have a lot of pieces to work with in a trade, I kind of like Matt Cassel and would not wish this banishment to football hell on him.

Sections
Shortcuts