1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rf24fox. Show rf24fox's posts

Change of guard in AFC East???

Why are all these so called "pundits" saying that this win by the Jets now makes them the class and dominant force of the AFC East? If look at the recent past of the NYJ franchise, you'll see that although they can put up a successful season periodically, they have never been able to sustain success over a longer period of time. What happened the Jets after they went to the AFC championship game with Vinny T at QB? Or the 2002 season when the Jets won the division in the last week of the season? This season will be no different...they have a 39 year old quarterback, a first round outside linebacker bust who makes more money than Brady, no 2009 first round pick and zero cap room to sign guys like their best safety Kerry Rhodes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

First off, I don't like the Jets; never have. Secondly, Favre at 39 is better than Vinnie at any age. The pundits are assuming that the Jets will win the division and go on a lengthy playoff run. That's a pretty huge assumption. They are one game ahead of the Pats. Let's be honest. No one sincerely believes that this Jets team will be a force in two years (Favre gone, Fanaca older, FA losses). Can anyone see the Jets winning the division with Kellen Clemons ? Or the Pats losing the div. title with a healthy Brady. Ummmm no ! And I find it very difficult to believe that the Jets will come close to duplicating the level of dominance the Pats have had for 8 years. Not happening !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

It is ridiculous. 1 win against an injury ravaged team by 3 points in OT. Even if the Jets win the division this year the Pats will bounce back next year with Brady. They really need to reload at linebacker and the secondary though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

The Jets might dominate for one Brady-less year, but that is hardly a changing of the guard.... Two years of playoff football for them and that's most likely it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from peasey. Show peasey's posts

Nah no way it's a change of the guard. A good Titans will roll over the jests next weekend and we'll get back on track with a win over the Fins. Then it's all tied up baby before we face a banged up Pitt team

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from peasey. Show peasey's posts

Nah no way it's a change of the guard. A good Titans will roll over the jests next weekend and we'll get back on track with a win over the Fins. Then it's all tied up baby before we face a banged up Pitt team

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I'd be more concerned (long term) with what Sparano and the Tuna are up to.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from laserstrike969. Show laserstrike969's posts

No way brutha! I am not even convinced the Jets will finish ahead of the Patriots by seasons end. Of course it is possible, but even if the Jets win the division, so what? Good for them! It hardly constitutes a changing of the guard. They split the season series with the Patriots. They definitely deserved to win last night, and they earned it. It is what it is.

No excuses because the Jets beat them fair and square, but look at the magnitude of the injuries the Patriots have, and they STILL are competitive. Even though it may not be the Patriots year (maybe it is), you have to believe that this adversity will make the Patriots an even better team next year. The playing time the subs are getting is absolutely invaluable. Look at that kid Mayo. He is an absolute monster! Woods, Crable, Guyton, Redd and Ruud may turnout to be darn good LBs. They may not be an old and slow LB corp for long. Once most of the injured starters get back look out! The Patriots will be one very deep, and dangerous team much to the dismay of the rest of the NFL. Keep the faith Patriots fans, our team will be just fine ;).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[Quote]I'd be more concerned (long term) with what Sparano and the Tuna are up to.[/Quote]

JHR, I'd have to agree with you. The Jets are on a 2 year run at best. Look at their next 3. Very easily 7-6 at that point.

@TEN
    DEN
    @SF

then after those, the next 3:

BUF
    @SEA
    MIA

I think NYJ end up at 9-7, while MIA & NE end up 10-6.

AS of right now I say Miami wins the east.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brknwing. Show brknwing's posts

The only thing changing will be Manginas underwear when his jets get crushed by the Titans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I don't know if he even changes them! He'll need a box of XXXL Depends for the trip to Nashville.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoYazBoomer. Show RicoYazBoomer's posts

I've been sick of the Jets since Namath would tear up my Pats in the 60s. I wanted Baltimore to take the '69 superbowl. Every now and then, the Jets beat the Pats and they got supremely luckly by getting that OT coin flip. Sure, the Jets drove the field on the Pats to win it, but the way that game was going, the winner of the OT coin flip was probably going to take the game.

C'mon Pats, get back on track and get all the rest of the NFL back to hating us. All the rest of the NFL was very happy when the Pats were having losing seasons. Well, too bad, the Pats are coming and hell's coming with us.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

[Quote]

JHR, I'd have to agree with you. The Jets are on a 2 year run at best. Look at their next 3. Very easily 7-6 at that point.

@TEN
    DEN
    @SF

then after those, the next 3:

BUF
    @SEA
    MIA

I think NYJ end up at 9-7, while MIA & NE end up 10-6.

AS of right now I say Miami wins the east.[/Quote]

I don't know if the Phins win the east, but I do believe that the Tuna and Sparano will assemble (and have assembled) a team that will contend for the playoffs in the future. The Jets could descend back into mediocrity when Favre retires (again !). The Bolts could stillk win the AFC West primarily because Denver has no D, however, they have to stop being a Jekyll and Hyde team and play well consistently. I still think I am right about the Bolts losing Neal and Turner to FA hurting them. Norv should use Hester in the slot more often.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

What this is is wishful thinking. There is so much anti-Pats bias in the media that any speed-bump along the way is magnified all out of realistic proportion. What I saw Thursday night was not a dominant Jets team staking their claim to the division, it was a valiant, injury-riddled Pats team that fought back with a champion's heart and nearly pulled out a victory. Nothing I saw the Jets do in that game makes me believe they are better than the Pats and I agree with those on this board who see the Dolphins as a long-term threat to the Pats' supremacy. Miami is back among the living sooner than anyone expected and, as strange as it feels to type this, they have as good a shot at the division as anyone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

The jets and miami have no Franchise QB that will last more than a year. NE has two, nuff said

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

if brady never went down.we would be 9-0,or 8-1,and there would be no discussions of changeing the gaurd.why the networks talk like this is a big thing when the pats dont have brady is beyond me.and how its favre this,and that.or this is why the jets brought in favre to finish games.well he didnt they had the ball last thats all.even he said we had the momentum in the second half.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Changing of the guard?! Get serious. Look, not to take nothing away from the Jets victory, but come on. One game. That's all! Yes, it was an important game in many ways, especially for the Jets to show not only can they beat the Patriots but beat them in NE. But come talk to me after game 16 if you want to talk about any real changes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

Sure, the Jets won, but no way did they dominate or de-throne the Pats. Any of 3 plays don't happen, and the Pats win:
    1. The KO return for the TD. Give the Jets S.T. some credit, but we should not allow that, and won't next time
    2. The Ben Watson gift. Jets did not force that.
    3. The Koppen/Cassel mess-up. Jets did not cause that.

Pats are the better team, and the Jets won't get breaks like that if/when we play again.

I, too am more worried about the 'phins. I wasn't worried about the Colts until we lost A.T.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Bizarro World ceases to exist with the return of Brady.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[Quote]Bizarro World ceases to exist with the return of Brady.[/Quote]

AMEN to that!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]What this is is wishful thinking. There is so much anti-Pats bias in the media that any speed-bump along the way is magnified all out of realistic proportion. What I saw Thursday night was not a dominant Jets team staking their claim to the division, it was a valiant, injury-riddled Pats team that fought back with a champion's heart and nearly pulled out a victory. Nothing I saw the Jets do in that game makes me believe they are better than the Pats and I agree with those on this board who see the Dolphins as a long-term threat to the Pats' supremacy. Miami is back among the living sooner than anyone expected and, as strange as it feels to type this, they have as good a shot at the division as anyone.[/Quote]

Prairie... well said regarding the Pats and the season they are having this year. Granted, we can't turn back the clock, but, if the Pats do not suffer the string of injuries this team has had so far, would this discussion even happen? An opportunity arose for the rest of the AFC East, and the AFC for that matter, to consider more teams as serious contenders for the AFC crown after Brady went down. The pundits so much as said that. Then with all the other injuries that have occurred to the Pats' line-up, the chances rose even higher. I think everyone agrees, with every week that another Pats player goes down, and every win they still get, we are amazed at what this team can do. When Marroney and Morris both went down, then Harrison, and then Thomas, being 6-4 is a much better record for the Pats at this juncture of the season than most would have given this team. Save for a couple good bounces going the Pats way to date, they could be 8 - 2, not 6-4!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonpete. Show bostonpete's posts

Living in NY has been hell for me the past two years. First the Giants and now the Jets. Whatever, every time I see the clip of Manning escaping and hitting Tyree, I get more and more nauseated by the holding penalty that was not called, but yet with the game on the line last week against the Jets, Mike Vrabel is nailed for holding on a ball Favre throws against the uprights? Beat my team fair and square and I will not complain.(See Dolphins week 3) If these damn NY teams are so great, then why does one officials call or non-call help propel them to victory? Oh by the way, great catch Moss on the tying TD, did anybody see the Ty Law interference non-call? I rest my case. Trust me, the Jets are going nowhere and the Giants will not repeat as SB champs, maybe then I can live a bit easier in the crappy state of NY.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

BostonPete. If you don't like the sway towards home teams in the local NY papers, go home to Chowdaville so you can read all about how no team is deserving to even be on the same field as the almighty Patriots. The fans act just like Yankee fans do here. Instead of playing the game, the opponent should just lay down and say "We give up. It's the Yankees/Patriots. No need to play the game" Right now, the Giants look to be the class of the league and the Jets have exceeded expectations. Whether they go anywhere remains to be seen but positive coverage by the local media is not to be expected?? Get a grip. I've been on these boards both before and after the jets game. The Patriots did a great job of coming back to make the game a real nail biter. However YOU LOST. When someone looks at the standings, it doesnt have a little asterisk next to the record saying "injury plagued Patriots" lost games. It reflects the teams real win/lost record w/ no excuses or explanations. The season is not over yet and they may yet win the division. For now, you should stop crying about NY and the coverage of the game and concentrate on beating the team that whupped you the first time around. Live for the future!

Sections
Shortcuts