1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Chip Caray had a bad Play by Play Night

Does anyone else agree? He rambled on and on saying nothing. He was WISHING someone on the Angels would finally hit a homerun. He said Dice-k gives up "his share of hits". As Ripken pointed out, the hits are not the problem, its the walks. He would talk about a reliever being made into a pitcher from a shortstop during the most important at bats of the game. A couple of his other calls were strange, as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from elktonnick. Show elktonnick's posts

Carey and Martinez were horrible. Normally Buck Martinez is not half bad but last night he didn't know when to shut up. He repeated the same points over and over. Carey was clearly rooting for the Angels. When the Sox came back in the ninth Carey sounded very disappointed and during the lasty of the ninth he wrote off the Angels competely much like a disappointed homer. Terrible job! Of all the analysts on the TBS broadcast, Harold Reynolds is the best.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmai15. Show dogmai15's posts

I particularly liked when he called out "GOT HIM" coco crisp when the angels tried to pick him off. Maybe he could wait until the ump made the call before giving his opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Dog, you are right. I forgot about that one! And Martinez was non stop talking. All of these guys over think the whole thing. Blah, blah, blah!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

i agree. both guys were more than terrible. in fact, they got worse from wednesday night when they were certainly not good. if this is a trend, just think how bad and how disappointed they will be on sunday especially if the red sox win.

maybe they learned some lessons on how to call a red sox game from buck and mccarver. for some reason none of them like the red sox, and worse is that they all let it show.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanBRL. Show DanBRL's posts

I agree. Listening to Reynolds and Orsillo doing the White Sox vs. Rays games is actually enjoyable. I like Buck Martinez, but I finally had to put my tv on mute for awhile, just for a breather!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mammanaus. Show mammanaus's posts

I found it hilarious when his he go so excited for a routine fly ball that jason bay easily caugh, moving texeria to 3rd. They were ridiculous. No one likes a winner, the yankees went through this. No one can stop and say that theo epstien is a genius and the sox look to be the favorites for the next 5 years. There is only a handful of guys that are over 30 on this team....oh yeah...and the sox have bay signed through next year. brilliant!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from esruc04. Show esruc04's posts

Craig Sager might not be much of an on field reporter but that dude sure knows how to dress.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazildj. Show brazildj's posts

Didn't anyone else catch when he said something about the Angels' third-base coach "redeeming himself" last night by aggressively waving home Teixeira (I think), making up for his "mistake" the previous night with Guerrero?

He didn't make a "mistake" the previous night! He had a stop sign up for Guerrero at second base! Guerrero just ignored it and was out at third by a mile!

Yeah, awful color commentary.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Jim, you took the words right out of my mouth. Martinez was no prize, either, but I'm amazed by the errors that Caray continues to make.

Anyone else hate the way Martinez mispronounces Ortiz' name?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsox452004. Show rsox452004's posts

You would think a guy with a Spanish last name like Martinez would know how to pronounce Big Papi's last name. Buck keeps accenting the 1st syllable of Ortiz. It's annoying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskjold. Show dskjold's posts

Chip proves there is something to be said for anti-nepotism rules.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from odysseus91. Show odysseus91's posts

i agree with all you guys, they certainly are terrible, and sometimes it seems like the don't even know what they're talking about. But i think i figured out why, but i may be wrong of course. Im betting TBS has them act like they dont know anything and say all the simple and idiotic stuff so that the guys who never watch baseball can actually understand whats going on. Its the playoffs so tons of people who never watch the game watch it now, i swear thats what it seems like. Like yesterday when Caray, i think, said well they've got 27 outs to get back in this one. I was like...DUH! its a nine inning ball game! But ya i think its for the laymen non baseball watching fans...can't really call them fans tho.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan19. Show soxfan19's posts

what about when anderson hit that ball drew jumped for and caught, caray was screaming he was soo exited when he hitit . then when drew hit that hr caray was speechless just terrible

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

el caballito, thats all i have to say

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevemac33. Show stevemac33's posts

every time martinez said OR-tiz....i got so mad i almost punched my cat.
    very annoying.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[Quote]You would think a guy with a Spanish last name like Martinez would know how to pronounce Big Papi's last name. Buck keeps accenting the 1st syllable of Ortiz. It's annoying.[/Quote]

"Another hit by David ORTiz..."

Something like that. Maybe he should just stick to "Papi".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Carey also said "low throw" from short to first when the throw hit Tex right at the chest. Also, Ellsbury's ball in game one was clearly hit well but Carey acted as if God intervened and pushed the ball off the wall...rather than Carey just not knowing what he is looking at.

Sections
Shortcuts