1. You have chosen to ignore posts from terps73. Show terps73's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

Yet again....Clemens proves he only care about the money. He did it when he went to Toronto. And he did it again today. He is such a pathetic person. I can't wait to see the Sox light him up!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymore. Show seymore's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

This is fine. The last thing we needed was for Clemens to give Manny any ideas about not traveling with the team or only playing home games. The 4 am last call in New York will only make Roger fatter and hungover, only a good combination if your name is David Wells. -Mac

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wqmr. Show wqmr's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

oh come on. of course it's about the money. this is a business to them. and why not. put yourself in their place. how about the owners they won't overspend if they think the player is beyond thier prime (ie: trot nixon). it's a FREE market. clemens could care less about the charles steinberg film fest. he wants to win, make the most money and be adjulated all at the same time. that's why he's with the yankees. the only great player in recent memory that settled for less to stay with the sox is ortiz. the classiest player in the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mh916. Show mh916's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

I'm embarrassed that we gave Roger a standing ovation at Fenway. How humiliating for us that we honored that loser. He has no class.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btkrueger. Show btkrueger's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

Doesn't Roger know he'll pull a hammy on the Yanks?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wqmr. Show wqmr's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

forget all the emotional stuff. this is great drama. i only wish he were with the bombers from the start. bet espn and fox are happy!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aristotle9. Show aristotle9's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

The loss here is emotional. Clemens is not going to be that good - his sparkeling ERA was in the worst division in baseball. This is a 5 inning guy. The Yankees don't have the bullpen to support him. He is going to add 2 or perhaps 3 more wins then they would have otherwise. And coming back as early as he is, the chance of injury is very high. This is another bad move by a team that pays too much for too little and too old. And I have news for Clemens, the Yankee's don't have the best closer in the game, Boston does, in case he hasn't been watching TV for the last two seasons. And the Sox bullpen may bell be the best as well. Pitching wins championships (staring, relieving and closing). Here's the bottom line for Boston. Schilling is better, Becket is better, Matsusaka will be better (watch when he settles in), Wakefield is as good and less likely to get hurt, and Lester is better. The problem is this: He ruined a storybook ending. The world does not get many of those. That is the loss for Boston fans. There is no loss for the Boston team. Finally, this is the most important thing for the Yankees: If the Yankees don't fix their bullpen, Clemens means nothing. Clemen's will win few games if his leads get blown every time he sits down. Stupid move Rodge, work really hard, risk injury, have your games blown by a terrible pen, get pumled by the NY media, and booed at Fenway by the fans who used to love you. Don't be surprised if you get booed when they retire your number at Fenway. Its a sad ending... a sad, sad ending.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvergean. Show tvergean's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

The 3-ring circus continues in the Bronx........overpay for another old pitcher that isn't going to factor in the Yankees success of reaching the playoffs. I believe Clemens would have been a distraction if he came to Boston. I like Schilling's reaction "we don't need Clemens" and feel good about how the Sox are coming together as a team. I like the rotation with Lester coming back around the time Clemens makes his season debut. The Sox have more flexible options with pitching provided they remain healthy. Hughes is going to be great and Clemens mentoring I'm sure will help, but they fall short. The Sox appear stronger than 2004 and Clemens will regret his decision to retire with dignity instead of being the 28 million dollar embarassment with NO World Series!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aristotle9. Show aristotle9's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

Exactly. I'm a Sox fan. I grew up in New England. I hate the Yankees, but I respect them as perhaps the most important team in all of sports. And guys like Jeeter, I want to hate him, but I can't, he's a great, solid, respectible and fantastic player. Steinbrenner needs to get his eyes of of winning a championship this year and build a team. The Yanks have built a lot of great players from young guys over the years. They need more of that. Yankees fans deserve that. All they did with Clemens is ruin a good story for Boston fans. Like I said, the fans lost out, but the team did not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvergean. Show tvergean's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

I don't get the feeling that the fans are upset on it's face but rather, the typical Yankees vs Red Sox attitudes......I'm a Clemens fan and I just think he has nothing left to prove. He is one of the best ever to play this game and has so many accomplishments to validate his HOF career, including his world championships with the Yankees!............why hold on when the Bronx is crumbling? I don't believe he is motivated by what fans, Schilling, or Tavarez write or say about him. I am interested and wonder if his motivation is to help Hughes..........Kid is good with amazing upside and I'm sure Clemens like what he sees. However, A-Rod has the best start ever and the Yankees struggle...........I know it's early but I feel the Blue Jays will also finish ahead of the Yankees.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin454bb. Show kevin454bb's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

Good luck in Gotham old man they still suck with you.

KN

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Redrage. Show Redrage's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

The late Will McDonough was always right on this character. ô-->-->Texas-->--> Con manö returns to Yankees, againà Too old, unprepared for -->-->AL-->--> lineups and not important. Last year a five inning .500 pitcher, this year less.-->-->

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from punter. Show punter's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

WOW! Pass the HGH! At last the twins--Roger and Jason--will be together!

The Yanks are down for the count. Age and injuries will take their toll!

Staying out of last place will be their goal!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

From June on the guy will be very lucky to win 10 especially handing off the ball in the 7thinning to that not so good Yankee pen. I completely agreed with Will McDonough's "Texas Con man" article written when he left hear a decade ago , clearly the guy was never coming back here. He never lived down the "We have to carry our own bags" line and he could not take the intensity of the Boston baseball fan or media. He is an ignorant cracker from Texas who is another example of a Multi Million dollar athllete from the neck down. Bostonians loathe these types of players and he well knew it. Good luck keeping that ERA under 4.50 Rocket. He is going to have to face 3 excellent offenses on a fairly regular basis in Tampa, Boston and Toronto. A bit more formidable than NL central competitors who trot out automatic outs from 7 through 9 in their lineups.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dei991. Show dei991's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

Come sept who else do you want but sox vs yankees. I know I prefer it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from librag. Show librag's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

Who cares? another over the hill overpriced ball player This isn't the NL Central. He will be lucky to top out at 92 on a good day and have more than 7 wins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

My grandpa never saw a Sox WS crown from the day he was born to the day he died at 85. Hope my two year old doesn't have to go through that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

I wasn't singling Clemens out as IIFTM, if you read carefully I said he is a Multi Million dollar athlete from the neck down, referincing his lack of intellect. As for JD Drew I was and still am not sure about him in this environment. time will tell, but Trot Nixon for 3.5 mill be Cleveland so far looks like genius on Shapiro's part. I think your optimism on Hughes is a bit premature. Lester went 7-5 last season and is a more proven commodity than Hughes. He seems to have nearly completely recovered form his lymphoma and could prove to be a better June addition then the Rocket we shall see!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from titus270. Show titus270's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

it'll be even sweeter when he's finally busted for steriods this season. the guy is a redneck freak. he belongs exactly where he's landed -- in the money-grubbing capital of the world.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctx126. Show ctx126's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

Great week for Red Sox nation....

Here are some highlights......

1. The star QB of your NFL team, basically comes out admitting that he is a Yankees Fan.

2. Yankees pitching staff is slowly but surely getting healthier, and anyone with half-a-brain can see the potential.

3. Roger signing with the good guys.

Face it, you guys are screwed...a nice long summer to think about what could have been. Thats tough.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vt1tpa4. Show vt1tpa4's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

Why is this a "BOMBSHELL!"?

Memo to the Globe headline writers. Saying something is a bombshell does not make it one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

why would he sign with boston anyways? he has no friends on the team, he has never played for francona, theo or henry. clemens is best friends with pettitte, jeter and giambi, he still talked to steinbrenner and torre on a regular basis. if i was 45 and my career was winding down, i'd want to play with my friends, and yes, money would be a part of it too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

yet another baseless steroid accusation

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nayrbrey. Show nayrbrey's posts

CLEMENS IS A YANKEE!!

Haven't been able to read all 40+ pages, but to sum it up: Much ado about Nothing.

The Sox are 20-10, best start in years and they just took 2 out of 3 from the Twins at the MetroDome where they haven't had the best of luck recently, and all the self righteous Media is talking about is Clemens. B F D. Concentrate on the team we have, it is going to be a fun summer.

Positivity.