1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rly723. Show rly723's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

Buster Olney says the Red Sox and A's are still discussing Coco Crisp.

who's involved?

i think its huston street/landon powell for crisp/chris carter

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

You know softlaw, it was one thing to disagree with me when I am wrong about something in your opinion, but it is downright foolhardy to disagree when the facts back me up.� The Red Sox signed Curt for eight million dollars for this season, and early this year he suffered some arm damage.� How, I haven't a clue.� Curt's own doctor said he could NOT pitch this year without an operation and probably might not be able to pitch at all.� The Red Sox decided to say nyet to any operation and "suggested" that Curt rehab it instead, a move that� his doctor said would simply not work.� The Sox apparently wanted Curt to try and pitch this year.

Now all of a sudden the ball club says OK to the operation and I would now� like to know why?� Do they now agree with the doctor, or do they feel they are now covered with other pitchers who could step in and take Curt's place in the rotation this year?� Those facts you can check up.� It was all over the news in January. The Red Sox said no to surgery because an operation would most likely kill Schilling's chances of coming back this year while a strenuous rehab might just work.

As for the problems, any time there are questions� that a team must answer they are potential problems that become them if not taken care of.� I happen to be optimistic about our team's chances this year but I certainly don't think we're a slam dunk.� I stand by what I said in my post.� We have issues to take care of and I certainly hope that we do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

Then you and softlaw tell me why all of a sudden the Red Sox are pliable to having Curt now having the operation on his shoulder where before they were dead set against it even though Schilling's doctor said he could not pitch again without going under the knife.� Something here just doesn't sound right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

Whoa CP!!!!!!� You're telling me you're married but don't have a job?� Did I get that right?� You either have a very understanding wife or a very rich one.� I am retired but since I have you my a few decades I have to pick and choose my workout regimen.� Played nine holes yesterday and shot a 46; usually do three or four strokes better when I'm playing well and three� or four strokes worse when I am not.

You will love Teammates.� It astounds me how so many Red Sox fans today forget that we can very close to maybe establishing a mini-dynasty ourselves after World War II.� Just three more wins and we could have gone for it.

Schilling?� My only guess as to why the Red Sox are now open to an operation is that they feel they have nothing to lose, that, in fact,� they believe they have an adequate replacement for Schill in the rotation.� Just don't ask me who that person is because if they think Taverez or Snyder is the guy all I can do is roll my eyes and cross my fingers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

Whoa CP!!!!!!!!�� I had you pegged as a young buck.� You taught for 34 years?� I just beat you by one semester if I don't count the semester I student taught.� You are NOT unemployed; you are retired.� BTW, didn't you have a tax shelter when you were teaching where they put away between five hundered and a grand every month for your retirement?� I did that after my first ten years and now I get the interest from that every month.� I have never needed to hit the principal except for one time and only for a few� grand.� That, plus, my wife and I were able to live within our means and save some money as well.

I would ask the wife to give you her blessing and get MLB TV.� At least you can see our team on your computer screen just about every game they play except for Saturdays when we are blocked out because of MLB"s agreement with the Fox Network.

As for our pitching, I'm like you.� I really don't know which way we are going with respect to the back of our rotation, nor in the makeup of our bullpen.� I just hope that when the bell rings in Japan we are ready to take the measure of the A's and get off to a good start against them and the rest of the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from eric1972. Show eric1972's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

The staff has a nice balance of two guys in their prime, a veteran presence, and the young kids pushing the door open. This team will also hit, and play good d. Coco will likely go like J. Payton, but there should be good depth on the bench. I dont think Coco's trade value is going to command jaw dropping talent in return, but a decent prospect or two would not hurt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

I think the Red Sox are playing it right with Colon.� They do not want to get carried away or get too enthused even though he seems to be throwing well.� Remember, it is sideline throwing, not games.� Let's see what transpires on March 15 when he goes to the mound and starts a game for us.� If he can keep making improvement and progress then we might just have struck gold.� What do you say about that my friend?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rly723. Show rly723's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

The Red Sox continue to tell clubs that they will not give awaycenter fielder Coco Crisp, a stance that reduces the chances of the A'sacquiring him. The A's like Crisp, 28, and consider his contractaffordable at $4.75 million this season and $5.75 million for 2009,with an $8 million club option for 2010. However, the A's can also useChris Denorfia, Ryan Sweeney and even Carlos Gonzalez in center, andRed Sox GM Theo Epstein is not going to hoodwink his former mentor,Billy Beane. ...

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7880518/Mets-have-time-to-get-healthy----and-make-moves?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=49

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

CP, we just got killed with taxes this year.� Man, did they take me to the cleaners.� My wife took cashed in a policy before she was 59 and a half it cost us almost two grand in extra taxes.� Well, that's show biz, I guess.� California's pension plan is excellent and the only problem is they don't take out enough in payroll taxes so you have to put away extra each month for when the reaper comes in March as it did today.

Delcarmen?� He needs maturity, that's the key.� He has the stuff.� He needs to keep the ball down and use all his pitches.� If he does that he could help us, and it now time that he steps up and does just that.� That damn Breslow can't find the plate.� Bad enough Lopez sucks but this brain surgeon from Yale could claim a job but is going to screw things up for himself again.� Catch you later.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

softlaw,your perspective is appreciated.� I did ride hard on Papelbon yesterday.� And you are right, he is only an entertainer doing what many young entertainers do.� But, I do cringe at using his youth as an excuse.� By the time he mellows and matures he may be ready for the clapper!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

Schilling has been a great player for the Red Sox and he has all the "get out of jail cards" he needs as far as I'm concerned.� I'm just sorry his career had to end the way it has apparently has.� Well, maybe, he can return at the tail end of the season and� give us a few more clutch performances that he has become famous for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

The real questions are 1.� How badly do the Red Sox need another starting pitcher?� and 2. Is everyone satisfied with Bobby Kielty as the backup outfielder?� I don't think we know the answer to the first question until Tito decides on the Red Sox rotation and whether Colon, Bucholz, Lester, Masterton or some other pitcher already on the roster fits the rotation as a 4th or 5th starter and that Ellsbury is going to be the everyday CF with Kielty and occasionally Drew filling in for Jacoby just to give him a rest.�

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

Our pitchers haven't looked any better today.� As usual, once Taverez loses it, he just comes apart and you see why I have little confidence in Snyder.� He goes in there and throws kerosine on the fire.� While I'm at it, Ellsbury went 0 for 4 today and has one double so far in ST.� He may wind up doing worse than Mike Lowell did last year down in Florida, but Lowell had the job sealed.� Jacoby has no such thing and he had better show he is ready for the heavy lifting that this season is going to bring.

I know CP that these are practice games but it would be a good idea to start winning at least a few of them.� We blew two games in a row before today and today we got hammered twice.��� I think a win or two this weekend might be in order.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

The real questions are 1.� How badly do the Red Sox need anotherstarting pitcher?� and 2. Is everyone satisfied with Bobby Kielty asthe backup outfielder?

Tey could use a better #2; Dice-K may not be overpowering enough.� As for Kielty, he's a weak #4; same issue they had last year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

CP, the Dodgers again today and this time I want this game.� It is high time we started winning our share of Grapefruit League games instead of getting hammered and or blowing leads with some of the garbage pitchers Francona has been running out there.� I do NOT want to see the likes of Grobinski or whatever the hell his name is, out there today, nor do I want to see that Hunter something or ot her.� Both stink to high Heaven and have no business even being invited to a Spring Camp.� It sort of reminds me of the Summer of 2006 when Theo Epstein was raping the waiver wire trying to find a pearl in a pack of pigs.

Whenever Taverez pitches, you have a guy ready in the bullpen because when he blows he blows sky high and tremendous damage is done before he gets out of trouble.� He should pitch no more than three innings and then out of there.� As for Snyder, I have never been impressed with him, but apparently someone in the Red Sox front office seems to and that is why the mediocrity is still with us.

I wish they would tell Bucholz what plans they have for him because it is not easy going out to the mound without having a clue where you stand with the team, either Pawtucket early or in our rotation.� Let's hope we start winning some games and getting some hits and driving in some runs.� I do NOT like losing to the Dodgers under any circumstances.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

I know it happens-----and it happens because for years ever since Theo took over he has had this habit of inviting everyone and the kitchen sink to ST, guys who have failed repeatedly with other clubs, and we wind up seeing these guys fail again as we know they will while teams beat up on pitchers who have no business even wearing a Red Sox uniform.� Today we take on the Dodgers and I WANT THIS GAME.� We need a win after getting hammered twice yesterday.� Sure it is ST but a little kick-#### attitude might be a good idea right about now.� Remember, we open our season a week earlier� than 12 other AL Teams so we have one less week to get our game faces and personalities ready for the new season.� Besides, we play a pretty tough schedule the first month or so and being mentally ready is a must for a decent start.� We can start that process by starting to play better ball this Spring.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

I agree with pretty much all you say softlaw, but there is one area I go in a different direction.� Julian Taverez and Kyle Snyder should not be working and experimenting with pitches and concentrating on just getting in shape.� Neither one is that good of a pitcher that they can afford to go out there and get hammered by the oppositition.� They both need to get their s@#t together so that if either one is our fifth starter (a scenario I find frightening), they can at least go out there and give us a decent effort and not what they gave us yesterday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

Another loss today and this time is was some guy named James who gave the store away.� Of course, once again Hansen showed why he has become a total waste for the Red Sox ever since some smart #### pitching coach messed around with his delivery and release point and turned him into a glorified batting practice pitcher.� One good thing, though, was Jacoby Ellsbury got three hits today including a two run bomb and Ortiz and Youk collected hits.� I guess we have to take what we get nowadays.

I thought the Dodger game was today; it is tomorrow and I sure hope we are finally ready to go out there and win that game.� Hopefully, the back spasms suffered by Beckett will not be serious to keep his sidelined for too long.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

Let's hope for all our sakes that their epiphanies come real soon because neither one has looked very impressive this Spring. I hope the next time those two step on the rubber we will have some nice things to say about them as we can about Jacoby's performance today.� What gives with Coco Crisp?� I haven't seen his name in the lineup for over a week.� Is he hurt or something?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

Thank you my friend.� I wish he get well fast so we can showcase him for a trade.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

That suggestion mad6 is� too hateful to comtemplate and is totally unacceptable.� We keep Jacoby in the minors for another year when he is more than ready to be playing regularly for us, and play Crisp in hopes we can eventually trade him later?� Out of the question unless Theo has completely lost his marbles.� Right now with Coco hurt we should get what we can for him and just move on.� Of course, you are certainly entitled to your opinion but that opinion of yours would screw Jacoby royally.� He is already 24 and he is ready to take over CF.� I suggested the rumor� for Marquis two weeks ago to be a credible one.� Take it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

No, it is not, and it might be the best we can get right now with Crisp out of action.� If we can get that trade we should take it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

I am as big a Jacoby Ellsbury fan as there is but I do NOT want Coco Crisp run out of town on any rail.� What I would like would be for Coco to be traded to a team that will allow him to play as a regular and for him to regain his confidence away from the pressure of Boston.� Face it, he is not going to win over the Fenway fans no matter what he does, and there is some question just how good he can be playing under the pressure he will be under in Boston.� I think in a new venue where there is less pressure he could regain his step and become the solid player he was in Cleveland.� San Diego, Oakland, maybe even Chicago would be good places for him to end up.

As for Taverez and Snyder, that also goes back to Coco.� I don't think either one of them can adequately be a decent No. 5 starter for us.� By June of last year Julian had become more of a liability than an asset for us with his seemingly total ineffectiveness of being unable to get out of the fourth or fifth inning time and again.� What was worse, once he got in trouble he rarely could get out of it before four or five runs had crossed the plate.� As for Snyder, I can almost see his rainbow hanging curve being belted off the Green Monster.� As it is this guy has trouble getting through the second-go round of the batting order.�

A trade of Coco for Joe Blanton or Jason Marquis would seem to be a good deal for us, even if he would have to include another mid-level prospect.� Reading that Herald article can you doubt that we will have a very very unhappy Coco Crisp sitting on our bench this year?� Why risk dissension when we can alleviate that and please Coco at the same time?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brarrell. Show brarrell's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

How about people STOP talking so much about this topic, and what everyone is saying or not saying, and then this can't be the center of attention for Spring Training.� Just stop speculating and asking what people think.� Maybe it can be like Britney Spears and her "life":� �if folks just leave it alone, it may not be a problem!� Maybe the issue can be resolved without the sound bites and on the record quotes and pix everyone will keep bringing up to prevent a solution.Let the folks who know figure it out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Coco Crisp trade talk

EIC,

one of the funniest posts I've ever read here!!!

Sections
Shortcuts