1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

Congratulations Theo Epstein

For being an enabler around two world series rings and for ALCS appearances. Thank you for not only ending the curse, but for making this the glamour franchise that it could and should be. Thank you for bringing home Youk and Dustin this off season and forget about Tex, another souless hack Yankee. Now all we need you to do is bring home Paps for us sooner rather than later. Remember, Theo, yes its a numbers game but heart and grit and guts matter and that's why resigning Mikey after his WS MVP was worth it. He is a Sox icon through and through. Go Sox! I am pumped. Thank you Theo!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Best Gm in baseball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

This is a note to all who troll and bash the Sox and Theo. Over the last two weeks Theo has set this franchise up for the long term. He did miss on Tex that fact is true, but I have a feeling if we got Tex we would not have Pedroia and Youk on long term deals(and I think Bay pretty soon). He added a young power arm in Ramirez, (who if you look in games outside of Coors field has like 2.10 ERA). He has not yet given up our very promising arms in Bowden,Clay, or Bard) or our high prospect in (Anderson) who doesn't look that far away. He has added vetran presence in the staff and field in (Baldelli, Penny and Smoltz). I say now that the dust has cleared and things are falling into place Theo is rating a B. If he gets a good decent catcher in a responsible way and I would say we are talking an A for Theo. PS to Theo you want extra credit, I wouldn't mind Sheets or Dunn.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thegobees. Show thegobees's posts

I agree Dabro!! Pedroia and Youk are locked up.

Next priority: Paps

Next year: Lester!!

LET'S GO SOX!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COSTANZA. Show COSTANZA's posts

Don't forget to sign Jason Bay along the way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

this was a great move for both youk and the organization. by locking up ped and youk, this shows our young players coming up the organization that if you work hard, you be rewarded, youk thanks for leaving some money on the table, now all we have to do is lock down bay lester and paps. hopefully they will follow your leadership and sign. thanks both theo and youk for working for the good of the team. WE WILL BE KICKING THE YANKESS BUT'S FOR ALONG TIME AND I LOVE IT.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

[Quote]This is a note to all who troll and bash the Sox and Theo. Over the last two weeks Theo has set this franchise up for the long term. He did miss on Tex that fact is true, but I have a feeling if we got Tex we would not have Pedroia and Youk on long term deals(and I think Bay pretty soon). He added a young power arm in Ramirez, (who if you look in games outside of Coors field has like 2.10 ERA). He has not yet given up our very promising arms in Bowden,Clay, or Bard) or our high prospect in (Anderson) who doesn't look that far away. He has added vetran presence in the staff and field in (Baldelli, Penny and Smoltz). I say now that the dust has cleared and things are falling into place Theo is rating a B. If he gets a good decent catcher in a responsible way and I would say we are talking an A for Theo. PS to Theo you want extra credit, I wouldn't mind Sheets or Dunn.[/Quote]

Agreed and well put Sully! It only gets better from here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

The Red Sox designated reliever David Aardsma for assignment today to clear space on the 40-man roster for Mark Kotsay. Aardsma had an impressive beginning for the Sox but injuries took its toll on the way down the homestretch. He finished with 48.2 innings pitched of a 5.55 ERA. If he clears waivers and stays with the organization, he will compete for a bullpen spot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

This is a team, a team, a team. There is no one star. It is a collection of different players with different capabilities. These guys get along. Hell, some of them even like each other. They earn great pay days but they keep their sanity and integrity in the process. Boston is home base and they love being here. Sure we dont have huge payrolls and fancy new stadiums but we have something else, what the french call je ne sais quois...i dont know what. Theo is retaining talent. Once people get a taste of baseball life in Boston, they cant let go so easily. Paps is Paps partly because of his "Irish jig". If he goes somewhere else he will miss it here. Beantown is the place to be for baseball. It is dollars and cents first for both sides of the business, but it is not only dollars and cents.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]The Red Sox designated reliever David Aardsma for assignment today to clear space on the 40-man roster for Mark Kotsay. Aardsma had an impressive beginning for the Sox but injuries took its toll on the way down the homestretch. He finished with 48.2 innings pitched of a 5.55 ERA. If he clears waivers and stays with the organization, he will compete for a bullpen spot.[/Quote]

One of the weaker teams almost have to take a shot at him. He was great in the first half and great at home.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Great move w/ Youk. I was thinking Youk must have been after JD Drew cash 5 years 70, and we were thinking more like 5 years 40-45 and next winter they'd meet in the middle and go 4 and 50.

Now we're not waiting a year to be meeting in the middle, We are getting Youk for 4 years 41 (maybe 5/53) and that is WAY closer to what the Sox wanted then to whate he wanted. Youk was pretty much just as good as Mark Teixiera last 2 years, is only 1 yr older, and we have him for half the years at 1/4 the money. WOW.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12Tones. Show 12Tones's posts

Good thread Dabro! Nice job by Theo.

This year's TEAM looks pretty darn good!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

I think that the market got soft in a hurry for free agents and many teams are getting bargains. I read where several teams had poor advance ticket sales and that some sponsors and edvertisers are bailing out. Look for more bargains later on in the year especially from detroit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

I agree with Jamaica Plains. Let's lock in our super talented position players to nice 3-4 year deals at 8, 10 million. A collection of great players in lieu of the 20 million dollar contract / allstar at every position thing. We are on the right track. The haters are drinking their haterade tonight because we are so smooth...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[Quote]Best Gm in baseball.[/Quote]

dont get me started!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NatickPats. Show NatickPats's posts

Damn this is GREAT news. Youk is a stright dirt dog. He could've gotten more but he gave in. Good job Theo, you the man. All we need now is Paps Bay and Lester locked up and a catcher and we are straight $$$$$$$$$$$

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

This move only reinforces the idiocy of the many Theo haters on this board. Now sign Bay to a similar contract, and move to take care of Lester. Locking up Pedroia and Youk for 5 yrs??? Amazing. In their primes. Love these signings.

Anyone think Theo is done? He is assembling a hell of a team and a great future. We have the entire core signed for at least two years other than Bay. Sweet music. Its a beautiful day for the sox.

Might be time to let Theo sleep with my wife and have kids. Maybe not. Havlicek? Yes.

The catcher situation is being handled beautifully as well. No panic, no rush to give up our best prospects. No panic offers to Tek. Theo will get it straightend out before spring. No rush. Let those teams sweat. Salty will be a backup first baseman by the end of spring training.

I like this kid JJ Hardy. Studly kid. Has some serious pop in his bat and competes. Sounds like Theo is sold on Lowrie. I can live with Lowrie/Lugo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Good to see Theo getting some love for the great job he has done. RS have become the model franchise in baseball. Their farm system is among the best, they use some fiscal restraint when it comes to FA [unlike some other teams / who throw $ around like drunken sailors] have made some good trades and some bad, but who hasn't. What they should do is lock up Theo LONG TERM!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[Quote]Good to see Theo getting some love for the great job he has done. RS have become the model franchise in baseball. Their farm system is among the best, they use some fiscal restraint when it comes to FA [unlike some other teams / who throw $ around like drunken sailors] have made some good trades and some bad, but who hasn't. What they should do is lock up Theo LONG TERM![/Quote]

It is crazy that it took signing Youk for Theo to get that love! As I have said, the man knows more than we do. So, if a move is made or NOT made, there is logic and reasoning behind it. We may not agree, but he is paid well to know what he does and to do what he does. He is THE MAN!

Law and Moon, can you hear me now?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

Over the course of the rest of the winter and throughout the 2009 baseball season ... sign Paps,Bay,and Lester to the same style contracts. Bay may cost a bit more as he is a bit older and this may be his last chance to grab cash.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Am I on a Pats forum talking about BB????
    No this is a RS forum hmmmmmmm

OMG this is a RS forum/thread and people are HAPPY.
    Armagedeon is coming...........................

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

It isn't just Theo.....he is part of a team that makes these decisions....The whole front office should get the praise.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[Quote]

It is crazy that it took signing Youk for Theo to get that love! As I have said, the man knows more than we do. So, if a move isYes made or NOT made, there is logic and reasoning behind it. We may not agree, but he is paid well to know what he does and to do what he does. He is THE MAN!

Law and Moon, can you hear me now?[/Quote]
    Yes! I hear the sound of another deluded Theo apologist. Yes, he has made some great moves, lately and a few before. I can and have admited such. You only choose to hear the criticism, because it messes with your rosy world and blind faith in Theo your annointed ManGod. He has made so many bad moves, and I am still waiting for one Theo apologist to say as much.... (sound of crickets).... Look at all his moves, go back to day 1, take into account his great job with the farm system and he is average. There are 10 or more significant bad moves and countless minor ones. It is the nature of the beast, I know. I was for some of his bad moves at the time, but I can be objective enough to notice and talk about his mistakes and his good moves, like any rational person can.
    Now try it, tell me resigning Schill was a good move. Tell me signing Lugo was a mistake. Go ahead, cleanse your soul......(crickets)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[Quote]It isn't just Theo.....he is part of a team that makes these decisions....The whole front office should get the praise.....[/Quote]

So if it is not all theo about good decisions then I guess all the bad ones people talk about are not all his fault as well????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[Quote]

So if it is not all theo about good decisions then I guess all the bad ones people talk about are not all his fault as well????[/Quote]

Why can't anyone just say one word bad about Theo, you twist and squirm and deflect. Yes, others are involved, but I bet if Theo didn't want to sign Lugo, he's not here now.