1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Could the FO cut the propaganda and get our BAT!?

Watching this never ending stream of deliberately placed propaganda posts, singing the praises of Theo, this seasons off season moves, how happy that the Sox aren't spending money etc., makes me nauseous. Would it be too much to ask for less political machinations and more actual accomplishments? Get us the BIG BAT that virtually EVERYONE agrees we need to compete this year. I swear I've never seen this type of BS spin outside of Putin's Russia. You who have posted your honest opinions are not who this is directed to. The mouth pieces without honor or self respect know exactly who they are. They aren't loyal to the Red Sox, they're loyal to their masters who currently are running the Red Sox. There is a HUGE difference.

And the 99% complicit Boston media who sit on their hands in silence (or worse-actually post here against what they know to be true) should be utterly ashamed of themselves for not speaking out. I have honestly never been more ashamed of the Boston Media than I am right now. Cowards dominating the Boston sports media, I never thought I'd see the day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

Teakus is the coward. Gutless little female. Dont respond to his childish thread. He is a yankee fan trying to convince us that he is a redsox fan. He is just a little sissy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

[Quote]
    Teakus is the coward. Gutless little female. Dont respond to his childish thread. He is a yankee fan trying to convince us that he is a redsox fan. He is just a little sissy.
    [/Quote]

Haha! Speak of the devil and here he is. What's shaking softstuff? Still carrying water for your masters eh? I'm now a Yankee fan? Come on man...surely even an intellectually challenged child like yaself can do better than that. I actually want the Red Sox to win...you just want to spew propaganda like you're told to do. So riddle me this smart guy?: If Theo/Henry felt we needed a bat like Teixiera, and we didn't get him, did the need for said bat miraculously disappear? When Silverstein, Mazzy, Pierce, and others agreed we need a big bat-why would you feel confident to consider our team ready to go? Answer: you don't care one bit about winning. You don't want us to sign that desperately needed piece. Doesn't that alone make you the far more likely Yankee fan in disguise? Your position actually is detrimental (with heavy emphasis on the mental) to our team.

Dunn is still out there and he's asking for Johnny Damon money( $14 million per yr for 4 yrs), but you'd rather shout with glee that we signed Mark Kotsay. You're thrilled to death that the Sox, the second wealthiest team in baseball with the highest ticket prices, have a team budget like the freaking Blue Jays or Rangers. Grats man. Your helping John Henry get away with sacrificing the 2009 season to save himself a few bucks. I'm sure you're very proud of yourself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from netdog. Show netdog's posts

You guys need another bat. That's clear. So do my Yankees.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mydogskippy. Show mydogskippy's posts

if we did all our business on the first day of the offseason what the hell would we talk about all winter?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

I note that Teakus-2 could not name 1 bat that is available and the the Sox should get. He just bashed the Sox and the media. That tells you all you need to know.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mydogskippy. Show mydogskippy's posts

i think the nonsigning of texiera will go down as maybe the best deal the red sox never made.i think he is a helluva player.but 180 million?for another 700 million we coulda bought the whole cubs team......jesus dont tell hank i said that hes probly on the batphone calling chicago right now

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I agree Theo is sitting on his hands right now, but does Adam Dunn really make this team better? I mean does adding his .230, 40 HR bat to our lineup really solve our problems? Where are you going to put him first? And move Youk to third and move Lowell to another team. This would be a huge defensive downgrade and youre replacing a 2007 WS MVP and clubhouse leader. Besides is Dunn's .235, 40 HR bat really that much better than Lowell's .290, 15 HR bat? Enough to warrant losing a club house leader AND take a defensive downgrade.

Other than Hanley Ramirez and Mauer (both unattainable) what big bat makes sense? A veggie eating DH in disguise, who is already declining at under 25 years old? (Fielder)

I just dont think any big bat FA is worth signing right now, and there doesnt seem to be an abundance of super-star talent on the trading block. The player we should be going after is Orlando Cabrerra , but I have a whole different post that talks about that isssue.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

It's prety obvious the Sox need another bat. But they are rolling the dice on:

Lowell returning from injury
    Papi returning from injury
    Drew staying healthy
    Lowris progressing
    Ellsbury progressing

And a repeat fperformance from Pedroia, Bay, and Youk.

That is a long-shot strategy for the offense.

They definitely need a bat - but what bat? Not Adam Dunn - he isn't an answer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

[Quote]I note that Teakus-2 could not name 1 bat that is available and the the Sox should get. He just bashed the Sox and the media. That tells you all you need to know.[/Quote]

Dunn is the final FA candidate who could meet our needs. Hit 40 homers 4 yrs. in a row, has a high OPS, works pitchers to death-draws alot of walks. He's asking $14 mil a yr for 4 yrs, we could probably get him for $13x4. The whole world is also available via trades in addition to the FA market. So clearly getting a BIG BAT, if one really wanted to, wouldn't be so hard. Wouldn't you agree ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from netdog. Show netdog's posts

If Dunn gets that kind of money, I'll eat my hat. Sure he bashes the ball when he hits it, but his batting average is just too low, and that in the AAA... oops, I mean in the National League.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Do any of you guys screaming for a big bat understand the ramifications of this economy?? The Sox and Yanks may still sell out but there will be some hurting teams trying to dump payroll during the season. Why should we pick up a Dunn when the only way he starts is if someone (Lowell, Papi??) is injured. Let's go into spring training with what we got and there will be guys available if the need comes up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

[Quote]I agree Theo is sitting on his hands right now, but does Adam Dunn really make this team better? I mean does adding his .230, 40 HR bat to our lineup really solve our problems? Where are you going to put him first? And move Youk to third and move Lowell to another team. This would be a huge defensive downgrade and youre replacing a 2007 WS MVP and clubhouse leader. Besides is Dunn's .235, 40 HR bat really that much better than Lowell's .290, 15 HR bat? Enough to warrant losing a club house leader AND take a defensive downgrade.

Other than Hanley Ramirez and Mauer (both unattainable) what big bat makes sense? A veggie eating DH in disguise, who is already declining at under 25 years old? (Fielder)

I just dont think any big bat FA is worth signing right now, and there doesnt seem to be an abundance of super-star talent on the trading block. The player we should be going after is Orlando Cabrerra , but I have a whole different post that talks about that isssue.[/Quote]

a very solid post drewski

Besides is Dunn's .235, 40 HR bat really that much better than Lowell's .290, 15 HR bat? Enough to warrant losing a club house leader AND take a defensive downgrade.

that is the million dollar question

if we are talking about a heathly lowell

then those who answer NO have merit

but that brings us back to teixeria

if lowell is good to go by bother

going after tex when lars should

be very close to ready

when lowells deal is done

I just dont think any big bat FA is worth signing right now, and there doesnt seem to be an abundance of super-star talent on the trading block.

once again if lowell and papi

are thought of being good to go

and johnny bench isn't out there

you can't really knock theo

I do think dunn would help most line ups

but like you said

where is the question

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

CALM DOWN ALL ...... AS MY MOM WOULD SAY, "SON, GOOD THINGS TAKE TIME" !!! REST ASSURED THAT THEO KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING !!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

greetings mr Teakus

as much as I admire the fact

that you called out the theo cheerleaders

people who actually pretend or are actually

happy when it appears the sox

took the cheap road

I haven't seen you address the ''where''

dunn brings a plus plus bat

but no glove, I just don't see the fit

The whole world is also available via trades in addition to the FA market. So clearly getting a BIG BAT, if one really wanted to, wouldn't be so hard. Wouldn't you agree ?

that I would have to agree with

I'm not going to knock theo ,

his record speaks for it's self

but when I see all these

threads of love

for what theo has done this winter

I scratch my head and say Hmm

most of RSN thought

a big bat and a catcher were

the piortities

sure he has added depth but

neither of those things

have been done yet

but it's still early

way to early for the love threads

about this winter IMO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

teixeira is the kind of guy you bid for even if you dont already have an open spot, because he is young and a 5 tool player. dunn is a 1 tool player and not even close to being worth $14 mill/year, despite how much chicks dig the long ball.

at this point, with teixeira signed, the only way it makes sense to grab a big bat is if that bat plays SS or C, and there are none of those available. why do people think ortiz and lowell not being hurt is a long shot? its been 3 months already. and lowrie and ellsbury have definitely not peaked. why do some people think they have already plateaued in their first year in the majors? even if neither of them progressed any more they are still very effective in their roles. and seeing as they've contributed so well already, there is no reason to believe they wont improve.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Dunn is the final FA candidate who could meet our needs. Hit 40 homers 4 yrs. in a row, has a high OPS, works pitchers to death-draws alot of walks.

That's really neat. Now, is he going to play SS or catcher?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Kmany7 '' teixeira is the kind of guy you bid for even if you dont already have an open spot, because he is young and a 5 tool player. ''

no doubt that's how many aproach the draft

not sure about signing top dollar FA's

I can't think of theo

ever going that way before

dunn is a 1 tool player and not even close to being worth $14 mill/year, despite how much chicks dig the long ball.

LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Seems like there is a small segment of unknowledgeable fans who feel that the Sox have to bring in more offense for the start of the 2009 season when their line-up is in pretty good shape already.

The big bat they are clamoring for is probably already on the team in Jason Bay, he did a great job replacing the quitter last season and should project to some pretty decent numbers in 2009.

So big bat cravers, here's the line-up for 2009 please plug in your big bat accordingly:
    1. Ellsbury - CF
    2. Pedroia - 2B
    3. Ortiz - DH
    4. Youkilis - 1B
    5. Drew - RF
    6. Bay - LF (who could be promoted to cleanup)
    7. Lowell - 3B
    8. Lowrie - SS
    9. Bard - C (for now)
    Oh, if you are going to try to plug in a Hamilton, Mauer or Hanley Ramirez just remember that these guys are not available so don't waste your time!

Don't be so quick to replace Ortiz and Lowell just yet until they show that they're not ready to contribute in spring training. It's amazing how one injured or non-productive season translates that the guys are done to some Sox fans! Yep many of you are ready to drive Buchholz out of here on a rail because he proved by immaturity and outside distractions that was not ready to be in the majors in 2008. Doesn't matter that he's only 24 years old!

Any one more thing...any thoughts of bringing Manny back would just be handled with a big laugh in the Sox FO.

OK big batters, feel free to enlighten us all on this new addition to the line-up!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I haven't seen you address the ''where''

dunn brings a plus plus bat

but no glove, I just don't see the fit

I hate this, both in real life, and in here. Someone comes in with maybe 1% of an idea, and thinks we should 'just it done'. And it's not just Teakus. It's the people that want to sign KRod or Fuentes, so we can spend $10-12M for what, another setup guy? Or the brilliant startegists that want to sign a poor fielding 1B so that we downgrade our fielding at 3B, and then hope that his 20 more HRs will offset 40-50 points in average, horrible fielding at 1st and a downgrade in fielding at 3B, and a downgrade in hitting from Youk because he would have to play a more demanding position, even though we have a new 1B coming up next year, and all this in a futile effort to make the #2 scoring team in the league the #1 scoring team in the league.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

Teakus-2 536756
    Member Since 7/2/2008
    Comments: 669

POSTED 10/3/2008 7:17:40 PM
    It would seem I was wrong. This line up tonight is STUPID. It's bad enough we had to bench Lowell due to injury (no ones fault), but to bench Lowrie for Cora and then Have Kotsay providing "protection" for Bay, is moronic IMO. Why is Drew hitting BEFORE Bay? Did Terry forget that Bay homered last game and is likely to be pitched around tonight? It's classic Terry playing his hunches instead of doing the right thing. If it works" He's a genius!! Just when I thought good decisions would be the rule this series....there's Terry going off the board to crazyville again.

Note that I'm posting this BEFORE the game. The outcome-whatever that will be-is irrelevent. These decisions tonight are flawed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I scratch my head and say Hmm

most of RSN thought

a big bat and a catcher were

the piortities

Not really. It's subjective, but I think the #1 prioirty for most of us was a quality #2 to slot into the 4-spot in the rotation. I like Wake and Buch, but both are too undependable to be a #4 right now. I think virtually everyone wanted a good arm.

I think #2 was a catcher, but not necessarily for 2009. I think the majority of the RSN could live with Tek for another season if we had a good young BUC who might help out and then take over in 2010.

Even at #3, I think it might have been split between another bat or another BP arm. We had 5 real good ones, but you really need 6.

Personally, long before I got a big bat, I would've opted for a big bench. Dunn would be a waste of money. Bringing in a 1B/3B, with some OF experience, and some pop, would add as many net runs as Dunn for far less money. And like soxdog and you and others have said, all the spots except catcher are taken.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

[Quote]I agree Theo is sitting on his hands right now, but does Adam Dunn really make this team better? I mean does adding his .230, 40 HR bat to our lineup really solve our problems? Where are you going to put him first? And move Youk to third and move Lowell to another team. This would be a huge defensive downgrade and youre replacing a 2007 WS MVP and clubhouse leader. Besides is Dunn's .235, 40 HR bat really that much better than Lowell's .290, 15 HR bat? Enough to warrant losing a club house leader AND take a defensive downgrade.

I just dont think any big bat FA is worth signing right now, and there doesnt seem to be an abundance of super-star talent on the trading block. The player we should be going after is Orlando Cabrerra , but I have a whole different post that talks about that isssue.[/Quote]

I agree Drewski. I think the hard push for Teixeira and the focus on signing current players underscores that there is no one else out there right now worth pursuing. With the exception of Mauer and H. Ramirez, both pipe dreams by the way until Mauer hits the FA market in 2 yrs, there is really no big name player or pre-arbitration player that fits the needs of the club. Maybe I'm wrong and someone can tell us all just who the Sox should be pursuing? I just can't see it. The inaction by the whole market says something about overpaying for decent talent.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

how big a bat are you looking for?
    richie allen used a 40 ounce bat, while ted williams' bat weighed only 30 ounces.
    see, it's not the size of the bat, it's how you use it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

[Quote]Teakus stepping the game up!

Theo Chicks are in full retreat on this one...have they accused you of being me yet?[/Quote]

C'mon Law

Add to the discussion in a producitve way. I think most of the "Theo Chicks" here make some valid points, even if they run counter to Teakus' opinion. Doesn't make them, us, me or whomever you're referring to "Theo Chicks".

You can have good opinions when you want to...