1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Could the FO cut the propaganda and get our BAT!?

[Quote][Quote]
    Teakus is the coward. Gutless little female. Dont respond to his childish thread. He is a yankee fan trying to convince us that he is a redsox fan. He is just a little sissy.
    [/Quote]Hey billy13, your reply is terrible.
    Mr.Teakus-2 doesn´t deserve these
    insults. Mr.Teakus-2, is great guy. I
    guess that you went to far with him.
    You owe him an apology....[/Quote]

Once again, Smiley, I agree with you. While I see no merit in Teakus' POV, he stated it without rancor, and is entitled to his own opinion.

And just so I walk the talk, I once responded somewhat derisively to you, Smiley, and for that, I owe you an apology.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

[Quote]

Says the same pathological liar under the username keepmanny, who runs around accusing anyone that criticizes Theo Epstein of being me, then catches himself in his own lie while attempting to proclaim that none of my predictions (except the ones that did) ever happened.[/Quote]

lol. yes, i caught myself in a lie and referred to that lie in that same post, instead of erasing it.

i graciously admitted that ONE of your predictions came true.

i merely called you a liar regarding the spin you put on moves after the fact.

but this is your whole M.O. you find one piece of someone's post that you can spin to your liking and then embellish it, ignoring the rest, as well as the fact that everyone who disagrees with you is correct.

have fun with that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

Perhaps I was a little to grouchy with my post, and I apologize. I shouldve just kissed the lousy SOB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcoIslandFla. Show MarcoIslandFla's posts

Teakus, then you support someone ( LawSlav) whose personna is entirely based on attacking the FO over the years and especially Theo on every single decision that they ever made? He has been proven with logic and facts to be wrong many times and not once has admitted it or even listened, his defense is to ignore, attack, insult, and say that he never said that at all. His arguments have no merit and it is apparent that not even he believes in what he says. IHe comes here for all of the wrong reasons, he does not want an exchange of ideas because he never reads, comprehends, or responds like a gentleman - instead he ignores your argument, has a personal vendetta against the FO, and attacks your argument by calling you names and insulting you personally. Is that entertaining to you Teakus, this is not entertainment, we can always watch Don Rickles reruns on TV if we wish to see an Ahole in action. Please give me any example of Law2005 ever saying anything good about anyone. Perhaps you like trolls that attack and never are happy.
    from JamaicaPlain67 in Post #8890353415702780258

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

[Quote]Perhaps I was a little to grouchy with my post, and I apologize. I shouldve just kissed the lousy SOB.[/Quote] Hey bill13, you are still
    missing the point. We shouldn´t HATE each other. Why?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from manfredoko. Show manfredoko's posts

Piece it through this season and then we have an available, free, big bat that could step in immediately and be under control for years: Lars Anderson.

Someone like Dunn would just block Anderson from the big leagues

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

Its not hate!!! I just dont like him. Teakus gets on my nerves. We have a lot of heated exchange on these boards because he is a blowhard and a knucklehead. He doesnt bring anything to the table but his drivel.

This thread is a typical example. "manny left, so we have to have an all star at every position" and criticizing the front office for "not spending". This guy is in never never land.

Send me one thread or post from him done in a thoughtful manner with facts to support it, and I will kiss the SOB and make up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXNVA. Show SOXNVA's posts

Whats so bad about being a "Theo Chick"? If it means you like the job he's doing then you can call me one.

Regarding the topic of this thread, I believe that the Sox have enough fire-power (minus another catcher) to be in contention come the Allstar break. Keep in mind that other than possibly the Yankees they have a far superior American League team. Come this time they will have the assessment of who is performing and who isnt and know where they can fit their big bat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwdad. Show dwdad's posts

I personally can't stand Epstein, but he is not getting a bat right now because there is no bat to be gotten that fits. If either or all Lowell, Drew, and Papi were busted out due to health, he would be clear in who to go after. But he can't, so he'll stock a suprlus of pitching to trade when teams are unloading in July.
    He knows how weak the lineup is or he wouldn't have asked what it took to get Hanley back. That's pretty desperate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Spending 423 million dollars in the middle of a depression is desperate !! Looking to improve your team through trades is good sense !! Can you see the difference ??

GO SOX !! AMERICA'S TEAM OF THE NEW MILLENIUM !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Ahhh...where to begin? First a quick thanks to Smiling-Beni for his kind words, and to Joe for his apology. As for my use of "reality or truth", I will let my clearly expressed words speak for themselves. The truth is there and I'll let you judge whether my view holds water or not.

As for Dunn, of course he's not the perfect free agent pick-up for a variety of reasons. The "perfect" guy was allowed to fall to the Yankees-Teixiera. I have repeatedly stated that we don't get to choose who is available as a free agent. It's critical, if the goal is to maintain a strong farm system, to nab guys who are on the list. Not doing so makes it imperative to get the NEXT best guy on the list, etc. We have a problem guys and the "we're gonna win a 100 games!" crowd apparently is unwilling to see it. Guess it's that whole "reality and truth" thingy.

Lowell won't be around till roughly the start of the season. He's had major hip surgery and is a man in his 40's. He's RISKY. Papi heard clicking in his damaged wrist mere weeks ago. He's shown decline for each of the past 2 yrs and has missed extensive time for a variety of ailments. HE'S RISKY. Drew suffered from multiple herniated discs last yr. He's always missed alot of time even before this. One bad bat swing could reinjure his back. HE'S RISKY. Baldelli has a serious neuromuscular disease which leaves him physically exhausted+unable to play. Docs hope they can treat it...but it's not a given by far. HE'S RISKY. Smoltz, Penny are both coming off major shoulder surgery and have moved to the American league. Smolts will be 43 this yr. and won't play till roughly the allstar break. THEY'RE RISKY. What people need to understand that the single greatest indicator of future injury is previous injuries. Our team is very spooky in the injury department and one of the 3 key offensive guys is VERY likely to miss a ton of time. Who's the mighty bat that will fill in? Hmmm? Anyone...?

Coco is gone and he was a great 4th outfielder. I LOVE Ramirez and think he's a ton more than some here even know. He could close if needed. But I'm simply stating what should be obvious to all: our team still has needs and they must be addressed if we hope to compete this season. Hoping for a trading deadline deal? G'luck with that. That's the time when the prices go from high to astronomical. It's NEVER smart to wait till July-we could be 13 games out by then. I think Dunn is a fit because though he strikes out alot+plays poor defense, he has a very solid OPS and wears out pitchers. He's hit 40 homers exactly 5 seasons in a row in a much weaker line-up. Wonder what he'd do in Beantown?

I'm all for a trade if that's what we want to do. But Theo+Henry have been very unwilling to part with top tiered prospects. There is no 3rd option...it's either trade or sign a FA.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

[Quote]Teakus, then you support someone ( LawSlav) whose personna is entirely based on attacking the FO over the years and especially Theo on every single decision that they ever made? He has been proven with logic and facts to be wrong many times and not once has admitted it or even listened, his defense is to ignore, attack, insult, and say that he never said that at all. His arguments have no merit and it is apparent that not even he believes in what he says. IHe comes here for all of the wrong reasons, he does not want an exchange of ideas because he never reads, comprehends, or responds like a gentleman - instead he ignores your argument, has a personal vendetta against the FO, and attacks your argument by calling you names and insulting you personally. Is that entertaining to you Teakus, this is not entertainment, we can always watch Don Rickles reruns on TV if we wish to see an Ahole in action. Please give me any example of Law2005 ever saying anything good about anyone. Perhaps you like trolls that attack and never are happy.
    from JamaicaPlain67 in Post #8890353415702780258
    [/Quote]

Marco I defend his right to have an opinion as should you sir. I have posted before I don't like this whole "theochicks" thing, but I think he's under a non-stop stream of attacks for questioning Theo's moves and is trying to lash back. Some here have rebutted, and well, his arguments that Theo is a failed GM. THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT! Think his view is crazy....great! Now prove it by laying out your own superior view. You complain that he doesn't "listen" and never admits he's wrong. So? People rarely do. But the proof is in his posts! Let the court of public opinion judge him, as it will you or I. I believe he has provided alot to this board and stimulated many discussions. He's sometimes rude and bellicose, but so are billy13 and the many others who attack him regularly. Want them banished also?
    Look, this site is devoted to the expression of ideas. Many you will love+agree with. Others-not so much. But attempting to stifle debate by banishing posters you disagree with is just silly and is detrimental to this forum. It's financially and morally damaging to this forum and I hope you can see that. I believe we all love our Red Sox and want what's best for them. We may not agree on what that might be...but please allow the Nation to speak it's mind without fear of recrimination. Ok?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LouieDaLipp. Show LouieDaLipp's posts

The media in this town is to blame. People believe what they hear. It's like one big circle jerk around here. From the outside looking in it's very clear to see. It's like the fans have been brainwashed. It's creepy! You can say nine great things about the team and one bad thing and everybody and their mother jumps down your throat about the one bad thing you said. Mostly with name calling that's so vicious you think twice the next time you have some criticism. Over the years you have a bunch of sheep screaming "We're great",..."No where the greatest",..."Are you kidding me we're better than great, we're super great"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Lipp
    How long have you been out of NYC. Everything you say goes tenfold for the Apple. Try correcting your own mess before becoming a hypocritical troll.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mydogskippy. Show mydogskippy's posts

[Quote]I agree Theo is sitting on his hands right now, but does Adam Dunn really make this team better? I mean does adding his .230, 40 HR bat to our lineup really solve our problems? Where are you going to put him first? And move Youk to third and move Lowell to another team. This would be a huge defensive downgrade and youre replacing a 2007 WS MVP and clubhouse leader. Besides is Dunn's .235, 40 HR bat really that much better than Lowell's .290, 15 HR bat? Enough to warrant losing a club house leader AND take a defensive downgrade.

Other than Hanley Ramirez and Mauer (both unattainable) what big bat makes sense? A veggie eating DH in disguise, who is already declining at under 25 years old? (Fielder)

I just dont think any big bat FA is worth signing right now, and there doesnt seem to be an abundance of super-star talent on the trading block. The player we should be going after is Orlando Cabrerra , but I have a whole different post that talks about that isssue.[/Quote]ORLANDO CABRERA WAS DOING UNDERAGE GIRLS IN BOSTON..HE WAS DOING FOULKES WIFE..HE WAS DOING MANNYS WIFE..HE HAS CHARACTER ISSUES WHEREVER HE HAS PLAYED...MOST OF US DONT WANT HIM HERE..ARE YOU SURE YOU DO?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Adam Dunn? There are things about his game that are nice, but how exactly is he an improvement? Because he hits the ball over the fence?
    Last season, Adam Dunn had an OPS+ of 127, right around his career mark of 130. And he is a big bat, but Jason Bay had an OPS+ of 134 to add to his career mark of 131, and he isn’t?
    Last season, the Sox had a lineup with Kevin Youkilis (143), Dustin Pedroia (122), JD Drew (137), and David Ortiz (123), all had as good of a season as Adam Dunn, who himself had a typical Dunn season. Ortiz, on the other hand, had a bad season by his own standards. And Mike Lowell had an OPS+ of 103, but was coming off a 2007 where he had a Dunn-esque 124. So which of these guys do we replace with Adam Dunn? Who by the way is a defensive liability everywhere, including DH.
    Do we replace JD Drew with Dunn? Get rid of JD Drew’s career OPS+ of 129 and replace it with Dunn’s OPS+ of 130? Is that one point of OPS+ worth $14mill? For the defensive hit we would take? For those of you who still don’t get it, JD Drew is Adam Dunn, but with the ability to field.
    Someone please explain to me how Adam Dunn is a “big bat” but guys with equivalent or better numbers like Drew and Bay are not.
    The only guys it makes sense to replace Dunn with judging by career stats are Youkilis and Lowell. And replacing Youklilis would be foolish, since he is coming off his best season and brings obvious defensive contributions. As for Lowell, the Sox would take a hit at two positions defensively for an offensive upgrade that might result in maybe 10-20 more runs per season. They would probably also give most of those runs back, too.
    And then we could get into the fact that Dunn achieved his lofty stats playing in one of the most homer friendly parks in all of baseball.
    If Ortiz goes down with an injury during Spring Training, then by all means see if Adam Dunn makes sense. Otherwise, it’s nothing more than the kind of move that only appeases fans who base everything on fantasy stats…

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COSTANZA. Show COSTANZA's posts

*bump*

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AKADahGimpstah3. Show AKADahGimpstah3's posts

Teakus: "Lowell won't be around till roughly the start of the season. He's had major hip surgery and is a man in his 40's. He's RISKY. Papi heard clicking in his damaged wrist mere weeks ago. He's shown decline for each of the past 2 yrs and has missed extensive time for a variety of ailments. HE'S RISKY."

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Kind of hard to take you at your word when you blatently lie about Mike Lowell's age to "prove your point that's based in reality"......isn't it? He turns THIRTY-FIVE in February.

Do you have a link to this "reality-based" article that says Lowell is out all of spring training? Or that Ortiz had clicks in his wrist "mere weeks ago"? Or is it just CONJECTURE and your OPINION that we need a big bat and you're inventing things to prove your point?

Some actual facts and reality would be nice in your giant essays telling everyone who doesn't agree with you that they're stupid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AKADahGimpstah3. Show AKADahGimpstah3's posts

My favorite part of all this is "Of course we need Manny, they went after Teixeira didn't they?"

That's a great angle to attack Theo and co. no matter what they did.

WHEN they committed that much money to Teixeira and signed him, it would be "too much money, and Theo screwed up by trading Manny, we wouldn't have needed Mark if Theo hadn't screwed up the Manny situation to begin with!"

Again ignoring that they'd only be improving from Lowell's stats to Teixeira's stats. That wouldn't help their ranting about signing a big bat.

NOW they equate signing an already-shot-his-way-out-of-town Manny Ramirez signing for 2 years/40+ million at 37 years old....to signing a 28 year old franchise cornerstone for 8 seasons.

Never mind that it creates an even WORSE after-signing situation.

"Just trade Jakoby(sp) for a catcher" was said earlier. Just wow.

So re-sign Manny, Move Jason Bay to CF, increasing his chances for injury since he doesn't have the range to play the position 150+ games a season....REMOVE the Red Sox leadoff hitter and trade him for a magical unknown catcher that's young, proven, produces, handles a pitching staff, oh and by the way, hits f**king ninth in the lineup....

All to add a hitter to the lineup with FIVE 20HR/90 RBI types, and that doesn't include the MVP of the league. Ortiz=hitting behind the MVP, and hitting in front of another MVP-type. Even if he was hitting in front of Bay, Jason finished with 31 HRs and 101 RBIs.

I understand everyone who doesn't want to rearrange 3 or 4 things to add a bat NO ONE can prove they need until the season is underway is "a Theo Chick" or "apologist"....

But tough s##t when people disagree with all the crying, whining, and ignorance concerning how this team is run, and their results.

Fact is, some of you are the most spoiled, pathetic, fantasy-world non-fans I've ever seen, and are part of the reason no one can stand Boston fans right now.

Give them a taste of winning, and they EXPECT PERFECTION every season, and then get to screech from the rooftops how they should change the whole team, the manager, the management, and hell, why not even the ownership? Let's attack EVERYONE who has brought the happiness to this team and call for ALL of them to be fired/traded/released.

Just so lame. Truly is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

This is my first post and I am not a "chick" and don't own any pink clothing. I have been a Red Sox fan long enough to have seen Ted Williams play in person and at one time my favorite players were Frank Malzone and Sammy White. I am writing in response to the inane drivel that a few of you spew constantly. In short, you have no idea how good you have it and no idea what you're whining about. This team has NEVER been as well managed as it is now.

A few facts regarding some of the threads that seem to attract the most attention here...Johan Santana was NEVER coming here, not for a bunch of prospects and a salary north of $20mil for five or more years. No one blew the deal, it simply was not a deal that fit ownership's philosophy. Next, Manny is a DOG! A hard-hitting dog, but a dog who disrespected his team, his game and his fans. If any of you think he is personally responsible for the two World Series wins, then you don't understand the game. Picking a MVP in a four game sweep is little more than a gesture based on tradition. More often than not, Manny cost this team as many runs as he produced, by not running, by insisting on playing too shallow in left and allowing countless doubles to one-hop the wall 295 feet from the plate, by standing at the plate and admiring 400 foot singles. If you really watch games, you would see the looks of frustration and disgust on the faces of our pitchers when routine fly outs get played into extra base gifts for the opposition. And that does not even take into account the off-field nonsense. While many of you blame Theo for "running him out of town", have you thought about the happiest man on the planet, Terry Francona, when he no longer had to deal with "Manny being Manny"?

You can question individual moves any management team makes, but you can't continue to paint with the same tired "Theo Chicks" and "Pink Hat" nonsense that basically insults every rational and true fan, as if the man in charge has NEVER done one thing right!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

A typical story with the same old "mannys gone" crybaby. Santana?/ give me a break. Thats old news. All your arguments are the same old news. Manny is gone. Why crybaby about it? Your in the serious minority of sox fans on this board. Most, but not all, are glad to see the despicable quitter gone.

Most of us arent living in the past either. Still talking about deals like Renteria and Santana and Lugo is wasted time and space. Just like Law and Teakus, wasted space.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

The Red Sox need to add a BIG BAT and most knowledgeable fans can accept that. It's not a political issue, it has nothing to do with who is a better fan,etc., it's about a FACT. While some here choose to pretend that we don't need help, they NEVER bother to answer the salient questions presented in this thread. What's gonna happen when we suffer injuries to the heart of our line-up...again? You who seem fine with the team as it is...answer that simple question. Don't spew nonsense about whose views on this board you approve of and whose you don't. What do YOU propose to shore up our team? Are you willing to wait till something bad happens, when other teams can extort us because of our desperate need? Wouldn't it be wiser to get what we need NOW? Do you really want to endure another "well we coulda won it all...but we got killed by a bunch of injuries..." season? All bright minds please give us your thoughts. You too wetpants.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

teakus is wrong.

that is all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

[Quote]Ahhh...where to begin? First a quick thanks to Smiling-Beni for his kind words, and to Joe for his apology. As for my use of "reality or truth", I will let my clearly expressed words speak for themselves. The truth is there and I'll let you judge whether my view holds water or not.

As for Dunn, of course he's not the perfect free agent pick-up for a variety of reasons. The "perfect" guy was allowed to fall to the Yankees-Teixiera. I have repeatedly stated that we don't get to choose who is available as a free agent. It's critical, if the goal is to maintain a strong farm system, to nab guys who are on the list. Not doing so makes it imperative to get the NEXT best guy on the list, etc. We have a problem guys and the "we're gonna win a 100 games!" crowd apparently is unwilling to see it. Guess it's that whole "reality and truth" thingy.

Lowell won't be around till roughly the start of the season. He's had major hip surgery and is a man in his 40's. He's RISKY. Papi heard clicking in his damaged wrist mere weeks ago. He's shown decline for each of the past 2 yrs and has missed extensive time for a variety of ailments. HE'S RISKY. Drew suffered from multiple herniated discs last yr. He's always missed alot of time even before this. One bad bat swing could reinjure his back. HE'S RISKY. Baldelli has a serious neuromuscular disease which leaves him physically exhausted+unable to play. Docs hope they can treat it...but it's not a given by far. HE'S RISKY. Smoltz, Penny are both coming off major shoulder surgery and have moved to the American league. Smolts will be 43 this yr. and won't play till roughly the allstar break. THEY'RE RISKY. What people need to understand that the single greatest indicator of future injury is previous injuries. Our team is very spooky in the injury department and one of the 3 key offensive guys is VERY likely to miss a ton of time. Who's the mighty bat that will fill in? Hmmm? Anyone...?

Coco is gone and he was a great 4th outfielder. I LOVE Ramirez and think he's a ton more than some here even know. He could close if needed. But I'm simply stating what should be obvious to all: our team still has needs and they must be addressed if we hope to compete this season. Hoping for a trading deadline deal? G'luck with that. That's the time when the prices go from high to astronomical. It's NEVER smart to wait till July-we could be 13 games out by then. I think Dunn is a fit because though he strikes out alot+plays poor defense, he has a very solid OPS and wears out pitchers. He's hit 40 homers exactly 5 seasons in a row in a much weaker line-up. Wonder what he'd do in Beantown?

I'm all for a trade if that's what we want to do. But Theo+Henry have been very unwilling to part with top tiered prospects. There is no 3rd option...it's either trade or sign a FA.
    [/Quote]

Any rebuttals to my post regarding the Red Sox injury risks for the upcoming season? Is clutching a bevy of luck charms our only solution for the coming season, or might there be a wiser alternative like GETTING A BAT? Also, daGimpsta it was my mistake on Lowell's age, appreciate the correction.

Sections
Shortcuts