1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LenDaleUSC06. Show LenDaleUSC06's posts

Could the Patriots take a look at Matt Jones?

cbs sports

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Georgia; panose-1:2 4 5 2 5 4 5 2 3 3; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} h1 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin-top:12.0pt; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:3.0pt; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:1; font-size:16.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-font-kerning:16.0pt; font-weight:bold;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} p {mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Out of jail, Jones now unemployed as Jags waive receiver

The Jacksonville Jaguars waived receiver www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/414108">Matt Jones, parting ways with the former first-round draft pick after his latest arrest. The team announced the move on Monday. Jones was jailed last week in Little Rock, Ark., for violating his plea agreement that stemmed from a drug charge last summer. The 6-foot-6 former Arkansas star quarterback is awaiting an April 13 court appearance. After failing a drug and alcohol screening, Jones told a judge he drank beer while playing golf with friends. He assured the judge that wouldn't happen again. Jones was charged in Fayetteville with cocaine possession last July. He was later suspended for the final three games of last season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

I know that Matt Jones might be suspended another few games & most teams would probably wait until NFL sanctions came down to see how bad the damage would be, but what about Matt Jones 6'6" @ one WR pos. & then Randy Moss @ the other WR pos. & then Welker in the slot that would be amazing as far as height on the outside & could really open up our running game if teams had to respect our outside pass catchers. It seems that Jones needed a kick in the pants last yr. & still had a good season outside of the games he was suspended. What would it be like to have a good team, a good QB, good veteran leadership, & now he could be the #3 or #4 WR instead of the #1 or 2 & have a lower salary & be a team player. Also we could use the WR/QB to make a pass or two if need be to add some trickeration to our scheme. Just a thought, if Jones can get everything straight with the NFL I still believe he has 600-800 yds/season in him w/ 50-60 catches & would be hard to defend especially if we could get a little more production out of TE's instead of them having to block so much for our porous OL.

thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

We're talkng BB and the Patriots here. Why would they bring in a guy like this? He needs to talk to Marvin Lewis or Al Davis. I don't think even Jerry Jones wants another headcase!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoLaN87. Show NoLaN87's posts

Jones was charged in Fayetteville with cocaine possession last July.

I don't see any reason bringing him in when we already have Moss, Welker, Galloway, and Lewis. Seems like too much of a risk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

he is very talented but i think he would go to a team where he would be unquestionably one of the top 3 WR's.... here it isnt sure

we suddenly have pretty good depth at WR.... dont see him going to a team where his playing time would be in question

not that he isnt better than galloway or lewis but playing time is scarce at WR for the Pats for any more additions

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Agreed, I'd prefer us to draft some WR, than stock up with Matt Jones. He is talented but I think the Pats would prefer going another direction. Time for the Pats to groom a new, young #1-2 such as Brian Robiskie.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Sure...and while we're at it, let's give Pacman Jones a 43rd chance. BTW, what Lawrence Phillips up to these days?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Matt Jones ain't coming, and you can quote me on that!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

why do you guys even consider thsi guy a talented player? he was drafted in the 1st round and has been no better then a 3rd WR on the depth chart. He is a bust, he was a college QB who couldnt make the switch to WR and on top of that he has a drug problems and a drinking problem. He will be out of teh league before you know it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Don't see the Pats pursuing Jones after the additions of Galloway and Lewis. I also expect to see the Pats make a mid-to-late pick at WR in the draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

Why? Hes going to be suspended anyway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayco. Show Jayco's posts

Short answer?

No.

Long answer?

No.

Let me repeat that: NO!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

sorry Kyle but the Pats dont sign coke heads who cant play the game and thats exactly what Matt Jones is. Name me one good thing he has done since being drafted in the 1st round? He is not even the starter! how do you get drafted that high and not make it into teh top two WR spots on teh depth chart? he is a bust, a bum or whatever the hell you want to call it and he has no place on the Pats.

You are right that if theer was a young tall talented WR on teh market we would be crazy not to look at him but Matt Jones is none of those things so no he shouldnt be a Pat. In fact I would put my money on him being out of teh league by the end of the year. Only players with talent get to get cought snorting coke and fail drug tests, if you suck that spells the end just like it did for Willie Andrews and countless others, Mat Jones is all done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Screw staying out of trouble how about

If he learns how to play NFL football