1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Cuts

Ranked in order of suprises...

1.) Cassel makes team - I guess they will just keep him on this year but cutting Gutierez is really strange. We don't really see what the coaches see so I will defer to them. You have to wonder whether the coaches are more concerned with the offensive line. This almost comes across as the Rex Grossman of backups.

2.) Fernando Bryant cut - he looked like a target from the first play of the preseason for opposing offenses. Now it will be Hobbs and Wheatley? But fair not...this gives us a shot at Ty Law!

3.) Victor Hobson cut - I really thought he would be in the mix by end of the season as a potential first string ILB. Of course, that was really just speculation and hope. He didn't appear to make much of an impact but we are really low on ILB's right now. Hello Seau?

4.) Mike Flynn & John Welbourn cut - I don't know if this is an indication the line will be back on track or they just didn't have room for these guys. They looked like decent fillers on paper to me.

5.) Did I mention Matt Cassell is still on the team?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Cuts

cassell making the team is a surprise in the least. he looked horrible.

bryant was horrible too, plays way off his man and can't tackle, too soft. lewis sanders played better than bryant.

would have liked to see redd make it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Cuts

Fernando Bryant cut is strange. He played more than any other CB in camp.

FB did not distinguish himself, so its not surprising.

I scratch my head. Lewis Sanders makes the team?.....huh?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Cuts

The play of MG during the last game sealed his fate. KO will supplant MC before years end. Remember there is an 8 player practice squad which several of these players will make provided they are not claimed by another club prior to 4:00 8/31.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

Cuts

The cut to Bryant is the only real surprising cut in my opinion.

On the other hand CJ Jones is a surprise to me. I know that he had some great returns a few catches but he scares the hell out of me when the ball is in his hands. How many fumbles did he have in the preseason... at least 3 I think. Plus the mental mistake of catching a punt within the 5 yard line.
    What I find interesting is what moves the Pats will make now. I think that a few more guys will get cut and some other additions will take place. At the least this roster is not etched in stone because 1 guy gets cut when Faulk comes back.

I think we will make a deal or two. Well at least I hope the Pats do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Cuts

You would have to think they are going to make some further moves at CB after Bryant was cut. I don't think they will go with Hobbs as number 1 CB. Well they shouldn't if they expect to be the best team in the NFL again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Cuts

I think cutting Matt G was a surprise to everybody. I am surprised that Wesley Britt is still here--well for now anyway. Seems like he gets beat to the outside every time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from War-Eagle. Show War-Eagle's posts

Cuts

Once again BB proves his genius,what better way to get the OL to step up and protect Brady then by having Cassell on the sidelines.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Cuts

Brad - I haven't been taking the possibility of Ty Law returning seriously, but, now I am. I don't think they are too excited about sending out Hobbs and a rookie (even if it is a good looking second rounder). They are going to want some other vets out there but I am a bit suprised it has taken so long.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

Cuts

Big Willie Anderson - ot

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Cuts

I hope Jones and Slater are used as returners every game so we keep Welker and Hobbs from getting (any more) banged up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Cuts

OK, I don't get it...John Lynch and Chad Jackson released today...money?..someone in mind to get under the cap?

Who's trading anyone?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Cuts

we give up Lynch,and jackson for a no name O-lineman- levoir,and a no name TE from the jets.we have three te,s already,and there are much better O-linemen out there.we need a better back-up QB,and a decent corner.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NatickPats. Show NatickPats's posts

Cuts

I Would love to see Deltha Oneal or Ty Law on the team,.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Cuts

i have a question how many guys can we have on the practice squad?and how many do we have on it now?the reason im asking is the two no name guys could end up on the practice squad if there is room,and it will still give us two slots on the roster to sign someone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Cuts

Belenus - I don't see it happening with Lito Sheppard. For what we would have to give up and then pay him it would have made more sense to stick with Samuel and I think we were way off his demands.

I don't know much about Nece's play but from what I see when I look at his numbers and bio indicate he would probably be an inside linebacker for us which we do need.

Unfortunately I'm not seeing the roster come together like it did last season. I don't think we have a problem but I think Pioli will have his work cut out for him for the next twelve months; filling gaps as the appear this season and then we are going to need an overhaul again next season.

Sections
Shortcuts