1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Dem Yanks

The Yankees get a new stadium, and the Globe renovates the boards. Hopefully this didn't cost the NYT, JH and his crew a billion plus.[/Quote]

Hopefully the new YS will look better than this.  This is a bit tougher on the eyes than the previous format.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

Dem Yanks

OK that works...everyone say Hi to Chazzzzzzzzzz

that  annoying troll is already whinning about the yankees schedule.

paranoia is hitting.

We are in last place, do i need to say more?

Besides, If the Sox win their games then there is nothing to worry about.

This is how you can tell when someone is a bandwagon fan...for the simple matter that he has NO CONFIDENCE in his own team being able to win games.

If They are the "best team in baseaball" then they shouldnt have any problems beating the rest of the league. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

[Quote]Another thing to hate

Its the fact taht you no longer have a flag on the threads that youi replied to.

or how many NEW  comments were added since  the last time youi checked that thread...

aaahhh[/Quote]

Yeah I hate that. If you are gone for a day or two how do you know where you left so you can catch up??? And how do you know where you have posted? Some of our memories are not as good as they used to be. LOL........and I hate not having the ignore feature. Is someone keeping a list of hates?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTChris. Show CTChris's posts

Dem Yanks

Masterson and not Buchholz appears to be in line for a start if Dice is going to miss his next one. The full story is HERE

If that link doesn't work, try this Masterson looms as Plan A in case Dice-K is out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

[Quote]

OK that works...everyone say Hi to Chazzzzzzzzzz[/Quote]

LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

Dem Yanks

[Quote]The Yankees get a new stadium, and the Globe renovates the boards. Hopefully this didn't cost the NYT, JH and his crew a billion plus.[/Quote]

Hopefully the new YS will look better than this.  This is a bit tougher on the eyes than the previous format.[/Quote]

the threads i have replied to are out dated, by that i mean that when im the last person replying to, the thread says that the LAST PERSON who posted was the person before the last....as long as the last person is not me

In other words

"name1"  followed by "name2"  followed by "me (victory"

So "name1" gets the "LAST POST BY"   title

it ignores the last 2 posters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Dem Yanks

If anybody was wondering what the guys who oversaw the Big Dig project have been doing since that was finally completed, I think we have our answer.  They moved on to the redesign of the BDC message boards. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

[Quote]I'm out of here for awhile.   I'm not going to keep reading through things i've already read.  ..............Have fun all[/Quote]

I think alot of people are feeling the same way Joey. Hardly anyone is posting. I have to keep remembering on what page I last read so I don't have to repeat also. This is not very user friendly at all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

[Quote]

If anybody was wondering what the guys who oversaw the Big Dig project have been doing since that was finally completed, I think we have our answer.  They moved on to the redesign of the BDC message boards. 

[/Quote]
    I know.......this is horrible. I don't know why they felt the need to mess with what was working. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

Dem Yanks

[Quote]I think alot of people are feeling the same way Joey. Hardly anyone is posting. I have to keep remembering on what page I last read so I don't have to repeat also. This is not very user friendly at all.[/Quote]

Its a great way to save in bandwith and capacity.

At least they have me doing other things here at work....if this is the setup that we have to endure then you wont see me posting as much either.

Good luck all, im kinda tired of going back and forth just to check who was the last poster and catch up to a convo....

Whats the purpose of making a site load faster if you have to click on 10 different links to get to your final destination?

Same S-hit, different look

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lu74. Show Lu74's posts

Dem Yanks

[Quote]I know.......this is horrible. I don't know why they felt the need to mess with what was working. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.[/Quote]

Maybe I'm really dumb, but I can't even figure this stupid thing out!  First they make me change my name to 6 characters, then I change it, and now it's coming up as my old name with a "-2" after it??  This is lame.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTChris. Show CTChris's posts

Dem Yanks

[Quote]I think alot of people are feeling the same way Joey. Hardly anyone is posting. I have to keep remembering on what page I last read so I don't have to repeat also. This is not very user friendly at all.[/Quote]

Nope. I was just trying to get my work done before I tried wrestling with this. Believe it or not, but I actually do work in between chatting with you people and it just wasn't working out this morning.

I'm done for the day now though so let's see if this just takes some getting used to...or if it really does suk as much as I think it does.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTChris. Show CTChris's posts

Dem Yanks

This is impressive
    Red Sox named 2008 Professional Sports Team of the Year

A little early in the year to be handing out awards like this, but reading the article, it seems that it's based on overall achievement and current success.

I also found this on Joba from the Post and have to agree that how he handles the pressure of being starter will be interesting. Pressure doesn't seem to bother him much, but this is a different kind....

Don't start that Joba

Joba Chamberlain has come a long way since the Joba Rules, but that doesn't mean the Yankees expect him to rule their starting rotation - at least not yet. Some of his teammates believe that kind of pressure isn't going to be helpful.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

[Quote]Maybe I'm really dumb, but I can't even figure this stupid thing out!  First they make me change my name to 6 characters, then I change it, and now it's coming up as my old name with a "-2" after it??  This is lame.[/Quote]

You aren't the only one with complaints Lu.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

[Quote]Nope. I was just trying to get my work done before I tried wrestling with this. Believe it or not, but I actually do work in between chatting with you people and it just wasn't working out this morning.

I'm done for the day now though so let's see if this just takes some getting used to...or if it really does suk as much as I think it does.[/Quote]

I have a list of complaints......I vented to CP. LOL But this is not as user friendly. I am getting used to it, but that doesn't mean I like it any more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

List of complaints.

1.  No ignore feature.

2.   When you click on the thread it goes to the  1st page rather then where you left off, leaving you to figure out which ones you have read or haven't read if you can't remember what page you left off on.

3.  When you post to another poster  and hit submit it takes you to the end of the  thread  rather when  the last post  you read and responded to.

4.  No different colors to post  with.

5.  No flags to know where you have posted.

Anyone have any others to add to that? That is just my pet peeves.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

[Quote]This is impressive
    Red Sox named 2008 Professional Sports Team of the Year

A little early in the year to be handing out awards like this, but reading the article, it seems that it's based on overall achievement and current success.

then how come it says '' of the year ''

why not just pull out the ole century card

I also found this on Joba from the Post and have to agree that how he handles the pressure of being starter will be interesting. Pressure doesn't seem to bother him much, but this is a different kind....

Don't start that Joba

Joba Chamberlain has come a long way since the Joba Rules, but that doesn't mean the Yankees expect him to rule their starting rotation - at least not yet. Some of his teammates believe that kind of pressure isn't going to be helpful.

[/Quote]  

the link didn't work this time chris

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTChris. Show CTChris's posts

Dem Yanks

[Quote]  

the link didn't work this time chris

[/Quote]

That's weird. The Red Sox link worked but the Joba story didn't. I posted them both the same way.....Hmmm

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTChris. Show CTChris's posts

Dem Yanks

[Quote]That's weird. The Red Sox link worked but the Joba story didn't. I posted them both the same way.....Hmmm[/Quote]

Let's try that again...

Don't start that Joba

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTChris. Show CTChris's posts

Dem Yanks

[Quote]Let's try that again...

[/Quote]

That's whacked out. It Didn't work again.

To h.ell with it...here's the whole story

Joba Chamberlain may start Monday, but he won't be 'savior'

Joba Chamberlain has come a long way since the Joba Rules, but that doesn't mean the Yankees expect him to rule their starting rotation - at least not yet.

As the expectations for the 22-year-old flamethrower approach messianic proportions, some of his teammates believe that kind of pressure isn't going to be helpful to Chamberlain as he makes the transition from reliever to starter.

"We cannot see Joba as our savior," Mariano Rivera said. "He's still a rookie who hasn't been in the league for more than a few months."

Chamberlain could make his first start as soon as Monday, although the Yankees have not revealed their plans. To think that he is going to enter the rotation and lead the Yankees to the promised land right away is being extremely optimistic - especially when you consider the disastrous seasons that fellow young hurlers Phil Hughes and Ian Kennedy have endured.

Their cautionary tales should be enough to temper expectations for Chamberlain, who made a grand total of 15 career starts in the minor leagues before being promoted and starring as an eighth-inning bridge to Rivera.

Hughes was 0-4 with a 9.00 ERA in six starts before landing on the disabled list with a fractured rib, while Kennedy - who was sent down to the minors at one point - was 0-3 with a 7.41 ERA in nine games (eight starts) before being placed on the DL this week with bursitis and a strained muscle under his arm.

"The worst-case scenario would have been if they both needed elbow surgery," Mike Mussina said. "But to have both of them struggle, to have both of them now injured on June 1, that's a challenging problem to overcome."

The Yankees entered the season expecting Hughes and Kennedy to thrive at the bottom of the rotation, following up their solid performances last season. But things didn't go well for the pair, as Hughes gave up 34 hits in 22 innings and Kennedy nibbled around the strike zone, walking 25 batters in 37-2/3 innings.

"I saw these kids last year, and they were different pitchers," Rivera said. "They came in and challenged hitters, and that wasn't the same this year. I don't know why, but they were totally different pitchers that I saw."

Neither Hughes nor Kennedy would ever admit it, but the pressure of high expectations may have played a part in their struggles. Last year, Hughes was summoned from the minors to fill in after Mussina and Carl Pavano were placed on the DL. Kennedy was handed the ball as a September call-up, and although the Yankees were fighting for a postseason spot, the expectations for the former USC star were relatively mild.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTChris. Show CTChris's posts

Dem Yanks

page 2 of 2

"When you put two of them in there, you hope one of them does okay," Mussina said. "There have been young pitchers that have come in, dazzled and been great, but it would be hard to expect those two guys come in and have both of them be major-league ready for a long haul immediately."

Growing pains are one thing, but to have zero wins between them, a trip to the minors for Kennedy and both pitchers on the DL before the first two months of the season have expired was not what the Yanks had in mind.

"I didn't even think about that scenario," Johnny Damon said. "Going into June, you figured they would have five or six wins, but nothing has gone the way we would have liked it to go so far."

Said Derek Jeter: "I don't care who you are, you're going to scuffle at some point. That's just how it goes."

Ever the optimist, Jeter looks at the situation with Hughes and Kennedy and points to the fact that the Yankees could be a lot further behind the first-place Rays than they are.

After all, one year ago today the Bombers woke up with a 21-29 record and and trailed the first-place Red Sox by 14-1/2 games.

"It could be a whole lot worse," Jeter said of the Yanks' 26-27 start. "It hasn't gone the way we'd have liked it to go, but we have a lot of time left. Hopefully at the end of the season, we can look back at it and say the kids learned from it. You learn from adversity."

What can be learned from Hughes and Kennedy's rocky starts? For one thing, don't expect Chamberlain to take the mound next week and become the new ace of the staff.

For every Justin Verlander, there are a dozen overhyped rookies who failed to live up to expectations in their first season as starters. To Mussina, expecting Chamberlain to become a No.1 starter out of the gate is unfair.

"I know people are assuming that he'll do for seven innings what he's been doing for one, but that's asking a bit much," Mussina said. "He got very good at what he was doing in the eighth inning, and now he's going to go out there and learn to do something else. I assume, over time, he'll be very good at that, too. It's just going to take some experience."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

[Quote]page 2 of 2

"When you put two of them in there, you hope one of them does okay," Mussina said. "There have been young pitchers that have come in, dazzled and been great, but it would be hard to expect those two guys come in and have both of them be major-league ready for a long haul immediately."

Growing pains are one thing, but to have zero wins between them, a trip to the minors for Kennedy and both pitchers on the DL before the first two months of the season have expired was not what the Yanks had in mind.

"I didn't even think about that scenario," Johnny Damon said. "Going into June, you figured they would have five or six wins, but nothing has gone the way we would have liked it to go so far."

Said Derek Jeter: "I don't care who you are, you're going to scuffle at some point. That's just how it goes."

Ever the optimist, Jeter looks at the situation with Hughes and Kennedy and points to the fact that the Yankees could be a lot further behind the first-place Rays than they are.

After all, one year ago today the Bombers woke up with a 21-29 record and and trailed the first-place Red Sox by 14-1/2 games.

"It could be a whole lot worse," Jeter said of the Yanks' 26-27 start. "It hasn't gone the way we'd have liked it to go, but we have a lot of time left. Hopefully at the end of the season, we can look back at it and say the kids learned from it. You learn from adversity."

What can be learned from Hughes and Kennedy's rocky starts? For one thing, don't expect Chamberlain to take the mound next week and become the new ace of the staff.

For every Justin Verlander, there are a dozen overhyped rookies who failed to live up to expectations in their first season as starters. To Mussina, expecting Chamberlain to become a No.1 starter out of the gate is unfair.

"I know people are assuming that he'll do for seven innings what he's been doing for one, but that's asking a bit much," Mussina said. "He got very good at what he was doing in the eighth inning, and now he's going to go out there and learn to do something else. I assume, over time, he'll be very good at that, too. It's just going to take some experience."

[/Quote]

I think most yankee fans will be more cautious now, after what they saw Hughes and Kennedy do. Like Mo said....they were completely different pitchers this year then last year and it probably did have to do with expectations. Joba won't be Joba of the 8th inning as a starter. But if he does better then Kennedy or Hughes did, at this point that would be a plus.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macs3rd. Show Macs3rd's posts

Dem Yanks

[Quote]It took me 2 years to figure out what Zac was saying..........Its going to take me FIVE years to figure out this "new format""
    This Suks[/Quote] You figured out what zac is saying???? How did you do that.lol