1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

áthis is how you are, you hold a grudge forever, you're miserable, you just can'tálet itágo, you let things rent space in your mind, like with Larry, you can't forgive the past. ápop quizáwhat do TWM, larry, pete rose and roger have in common?ááááHint:áá there is a hint in the last paragraph of petes postMessage #43504.537á

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

. I happen to believe there'sámerit ináthe idea thatáhumbling peopleáwhoáare viewedáas Champions makes them try harder when it counts....that's my story and I'm sticking to it :-)I like that Chris.á I hadn't thought of it on my own, but now that I've read it from you, I'm going with that one...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Just a joke....don't blame the messenger. LOLáLOL Diva!á That was hilarious!!!á Thanks for a really good laugh after a not so great day at work.á

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted byáMacs3rdáá ''á C&P ?? ''yes 3rd the one who called me out for not being originalcut and pasted an articleáá with no comment,áwhich is finebut after you said you agreed with him, while you were really agreeing with the writterhe just continued the convertsation rather thaná mention it was a C&P

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

Message #43504.596á How many times are you going to post this gd picture? How about some originality.ááMessage #á43504.624á 'á I didn't accuse you of not being original, I think Iáimpliedáthat you wereárepetitious and dulláPosted byáThatWasMeááandáassume that everyone understands whereáthey coming frommyáguess is ámost people think that's fineááááuntil someone says I agree with you

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

You actually believe I tried to pass off this post as my own?áno,áánot at 1st anywaysáIt is quite a masterpiece, anyone with a half of a brain could tell by the capitalized blue headline it came fromáPA'sáLohud site.how thick are you ? thick as a brick I'd say, yeah I know, I knowánon originalwhy did you feel the need to say 3rd doesn't have 1/2a brain ?á it's soundsá pretty rude from where I sit,áoops calling you rude is just moreáá''repetitious and dull''she missed it , which is no big dealI figure anyone with 1/2 and honest persona would of corrected herábut not youá

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

that's all you got ??ápostingá some dribble in brown ink with hopes others might áthink I said thatplease stop I'm starting to feel bad for youá

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

personally I think the biggest mistake they ever made was to put air conditioning in the capitol buildingMaybe we could import some malaria infected mosquitos and re-introduce them to DC and they will force the politicians out. At the very least the pesticides needed to kill the bugsámight take a few of our reps out.or we could convene congress in early october in Cleveland

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

I'm forced to respond that if you don't want someone to slap you around and steal your lunch money, then you need to learn to defend your self.á There are 100 things we could be doing, but won't do a blessed one of them.á Personally, I don't care how high it gets.á I'm thinking the best thing we can do is to see it get up to $150/barrel so maybe a handful of people might wake up.Maybe, just maybe, if these people did wake up a little, and stopped listening to these maniac enviro wackos we could build a freaking refinery or 2 in this country before there's no oil left to refine. Listen very carefully everyone- THERE IS NO SHORTAGE OF OIL,NONE!!!!! there is noáplace to refine the oil that comes in. If they think it's bad now, just wait till we have no refineries, and are dependant on tankers from everywhere else carrying already refined petroleum products.Of course we can not ever expect California to wake up. The best thing we could hope for is that either Mexico invades and takes it back, or that the San Andreas fault finally causes it to fall away and head towards Japan. Where's Lex Luthor when you need him?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Message #á43504.645Posted byáThatWasMeáoná7:06 AMMajor League Baseball plays hardball with Cape Leagueáá The Y-D Red Sox are one of six Cape League teams that share nicknames with major league franchises. MLB wants those Cape League teams to buy uniforms and souvenir merchandise from MLB vendors.Cape Cod Times / Ron SchloerbBy Rob DucaSTAFF WRITERMarch 07, 2008The annual operating budget for the Cape Cod Baseball League is between $1.5 million and $2 million ù not much more than the yearly salary of a backup infielder in Major League Baseball.ááThanks TWMI'm in no way objective about this, I grew up going to the Chatham A's games, my best friend was the team bat boy and I shagged flies with the team during BP.á Among others we met Carlton Fisk, Thurman Munson, Lynn McGlothlen & John Curtis, among others.á Yaz could be seen on an off night watching his son play.the Cape league is great for baseball, and MLB couldn't be any stupider trying to squeeze those guys, who are basically a bunch of vlounteers who run the league, local businesses who sponsor the teams, and local residents who provide room and board for the players............and baseball is supposedly worried about competing with basketball for youngsters - these games are the best thing for kids on the Cape in the summertimeI guess $7 Billion ain't enough to feed their families.........................á

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

GM everyone!á Happy Saturday to all.á For some reason, however, this makes my Saturday not quite so happy...Uh-oh!Josh Beckett has just been removed from todayÆs start after apparently suffering some sort of injury during warm-ups prior to todayÆs game vs. Florida at City Of Palms Park.
    Manny Delcarmen has been called on to start the game.
    WeÆll pass along more details when we get them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Beckett out with back spasms

Posted by Amalie Benjamin, Globe Staff March 8, 2008 01:27 PM

Josh Beckett apparently lost his footing on the mound during his warmup pitches. He left the game due to spasms in his lower

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

No panic Vic, just interest to see what happens.á If he stepped wrong & tweaked his back, all should be fine.Looks like MDC did pretty OK as a replacement.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

well sure, if it turns out to be anything other than minor & affects the regular season, we may be in a bit of a bind.á But they'll figure something out.á I'm pretty sure it won't be any big deal though.á

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

áwow I woke up this morning feeling like jobamust ofá in clevá after that oct nightáspecial instructorádidnt notice

but i though i heard someone either here or in another forum mentioning that Ron Guidry was probably offended by how the yanks treated JoeT.don't forget he got firedátoo,á too as in also, also as in just like torre :-)

But Ron Guidry has been in our bench of a while now, he is seating there with the yanks, probably as a special instructor.

i guess he is not as offended as people said he wasmaybe, maybe not,á maybe he was just mature enough to say yeah I'm pissed, but hey I really enjoy being aá special instructorso why not, átough break about beckettáback issues never really go awaymaybe seeing how paps got his BONUS they will áhave him startwho would close ?áI heard they signed a kid named hansen that was pretty close to mlb readymaybe his clock brokeá....mannyá
    á

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted byáMacs3rdá '' Read on Red Sox homepage that Beckett is okay.áthat's goodá 3rd, them backs are átricky things thougháIt will be funny this summer to hear all the "why didn't we get Santana"breast beating from Sox and Yank fans if our pitching develops problems. Unless, of course, Santana pulls a muscle, or has spasms, or hurts his shoulder, ,or gets a parasite.....pass the aspirin. :-D
    maybe from where you are sitting, 3rdbut for me , I see no laughing in sight when it comes to santanaif we didn't need him I will be happy to eat crow, but not laughing :-)áif it turns out we did, l no one in yankeeland will be laughingááááBTW did TWM apoligize to you yet ?me niether ;-0áá

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted byápinstripezac28áoná3:06 PMPosted byáMacs3rdá '' Read on Red Sox homepage that Beckett is okay.áthat's goodá 3rd, them backs are átricky things thougháwell pins - I'll give you this - you yankee fans certainly know alot about injuries to pitchers, but I'm still in the wait and see camp on Josh.................

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

Girardi incensed by Rays' dirty playáGM chris, no donuts for youI agree with the kidJohnson, a 24-year-old infielder, didn't feel his actions were dirty."From my point of view my job is to score the run. I'm not the type of guy who usually does that," he said. "You picture Shelley Duncan, one of the hardest players in the league right over there in their dugout, he's going to be coming in hitting somebody."Johnson said Cervelli had the plate blocked with his left foot and that his best option was a collision."I can see that point of view," said Johnson, when told the Yankees were upset. "Obviously, it's not a good thing because he came out of the game. I'm not trying to hurt anybody, especially in spring training. ... I'm trying to show these guys what I can do. Looking back at it, I'd have to say I'd probably do the same thing (again)."ááI'm a little surprised about little joes reactionnot the getting upsetá part,áeven thoughá the play falls under playing to win but I woulda figured little joe would have been a big pete rose fan,at least before pete broke the biggest sin in BB spring training- all star gameboth areá exibititon gamesáboth times the players were playing to winábut unlike the kidrose had nothing to prove

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

ááááááááplease pardon the interuptionááBeckett himself doesn't appear that worried. By him saying ôWeÆll just wait and see how it feels tomorrow.öátellsáme he thinks it's moreáof a day to day issue than a long term one. He's going to have it looked at again today and if it's still bothering him they'll do and MRI. We're not talking broken bones here so a little emotionalátemperence might be in order until we hear all the details.ááSox ace aching áI sure hope pete doesn't see this he doesn't like when I entertain myself this wayáááááááááááááááááá''We're not talking broken bones here ''á that's trueááá

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Message #á43504.704Posted byáThatWasMeáoná6:15 AMGirardi incensed by Rays' dirty play,áááááááááááááááááááááááá P. Abrahamámaybe the real impact will be Joe G's reaction to the whole thing.á it looks like an immature inexperience reaction to me......he should've just said "that's part of the game" and if he had problem with it, talk to Madden, not the NY Post.........seems like Madden is on the right side in this one - it's too bad how it turned out, but calling it a dirty shot implies bad intention.......Joe could just as easily said "what the hell was he doing blocking the plate in a meaningless ST game?"áááá sounds like he expects the other guys to lay down, but not his guys...................

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Dem Yanks

The question now is when and how the Yankees will retaliate.

Let's hope that the only way they retaliate is by not losing important games to them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Dem Yanks

hi Macs..you aáHeel fan ?...me too(HUGE)..hopefullyáthey can go to the dance with an ACC tourney win...no doubt they'll see Duke again..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

I disagree with your opinion andápartially blame Maddon,áit could have been one of his players/stars injured in a ST game, especially afteráaásimilar incident earlier in the weekáinvolving Crawford running over the Astro's catcher.I don't know what to say - absent some "understanding" amongst teams that you don't block the plate / crash into the catcher during ST games, you just gotta play the game full out.á You got a bunch of hungry young kids trying to impress the big league clubs, nobody is going to make the club by letting up...............I feel Maddonáshould have addressed with his teamáafter the Houston incident which drew the ire of the Astro's coaches. Girardi pointed out his problem being it was a ST game.I missed the Houston thing - don't know if that was a similar kind of situation - although if it's Carl Crawford, he's pretty sure to make the team....................nobody likes to see injuries, but I didn't see anything dirty here..........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Dem Yanks

i have to go easy around my wife..her Dad went to Duke..LOL!..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted byáThatWasMeáoná3:06 PM It was a bush league play. I donÆt care about Cervelli blocking the plate or any of that nonsense. Its a spring training game. You donÆt run over a catcher in a spring training game.why isn't it just as much Girardi's fault - why in the world would you allow your catcher to block the plate in a meaningless ST game.á The guy could've slid feet first and broken Cervelli's ankle?á Then would do you say, the guy shouldn't try to score???????You'd think a former catcher would know thatBut, they DONÆT matter. The #1 goal in ST games is to not hurt anybody.I agree - it's just silly to rely on the other teamá to make sure that happensdon't play the infield in, don't get in rundowns, don't block the plate, don't dive in the outfield, don't go into the wall to catch a flyball............áI'd say blame is 50/50 here

Sections
Shortcuts