1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Yankee Diva and TWM: I totally agree with you. I think this should all stop.á I don't want to see any of these guys in prison, I don't want to see the Congress or FBI spend time investigating ball players - they really have more important things to do.áNot picking on you Macs, as I've seen this sentiment posted numerous timesbut here's something that doesn't make much sense to mePeople who agree with the sentiment above are basically saying that Congress is excercising poor judgment in involving itself in this issue - and I'd be willing to bet those folks would also concede that there are numerous instances when Congress has similarly displayed poor judgement (they're approval rating is lower than Pres. Bush)So if a large number of folks believe that Congress isn't smart enough to figure out what they should & shouldn't be working on, why in the world would those same folks want those same brilliant congressmen working on really important stuff - given their demonstrated poor judgement, it seems obvious to me that they'll only make things workWhy is it that no matter what congress does, and how badly they screw the pooch, we never brand them as incompetent and try to keep them away from sharp objects, but rather clamor for them to do more to for us????????????????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted byáVictory (Victory12321)áoná9:23 AMYour post would pretty much explain why we dont vote for the president directly.
    áVicáI missed your pointáI know why we don't vote for President's directly, it's got nothing to do with Congress.á áIt's about proportional representation, basically ensuring that the popular vote in a few large states doesn't overwhelm the entire country...............

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

We are doomed !!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Well I am glad that game isn't on TV..sounds like we are being slapped around. 10-0 ouch....ááWe are doomed !!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted byáVictory (Victory12321)áoná9:56 AMI belive you made a comment about how the people who complains about congress doing an awful job are the ones who voted for them, so in other words, if you know they doing horrible why do you put them in that position.

am i right?á or did i misunderstood your post?
    áVicáI think you misunderstood a little - I didn't say anything about voting (very few people vote)ámy basic point was - people who say "congress shouldn't be involved in this" are basically saying congress isn't smart enough to know what it should and shouldn't be involved ináthat's another way of saying congress as a body isn't very smart - or to put a sharper point on it - the body congress is stupidáthen those same people proceed to want this stupid body work on really important things....................áI don't know about you, but in my life, I try to keep stupid, incompetent people away from impacting things that are important to me and those I care about........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

ááPosted byáThatWasMeááá áIt seems to me the same people who are most vocal about us vacating the middle east are the same who will not let us drill for oil in Anwar or off our coasts, or build new oil refineries or Nuclear power plants.áexcellent post TWM, the whole postáááááyou should be happy to knowáthe replubicians justá recruited /signed 16 yr old barry w. nixon, the grandson of richardámhe is slated to run for student concil this yr but according to one of my favspeggy newman heá should be in the senate within 4 yrsááááseriously a very ágood postá TWM

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

I, for one, would be able to live with this.áPap, Sox agree to dealLink|Comments (0) Posted by Amalie Benjamin, Globe Staff March 6, 2008 03:58 PM The Red Sox and closer Jonathan Papelbon have agreed to a one-year deal worth $775,000. More to come later.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Dem Yanks

Hi Pem..i'm with you.i'd be on my wayáto the bank before the ink was dry..LOL!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Dem Yanks

Joey..what happened?..Sox looked to be cruising when i first checked on that game...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Damon 2 Doubles!!!!áááááááááááááááááááá Final score Red 12 Yankees 8.Well that is better then it was looking at the beginning. I am not in a panic or anything but I do hope our pitching which has sucked in the last 2 days start to find their strides.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Ouch...now I think I'm glad I wasn't home to watch the game.á

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Dem Yanks

áDamon 2 Doubles!!!!How's his back ???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Dem Yanks

Is it me or is every Yank fan tired of Kyle Farnsworth. He is b*tching again about Torre and how he is the cause of all Farnsworth's problems.

I am sure Torre could have handled the situation better, but K.F. needs to just shut up and pitch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Should the congress be involved in this baseball matter just as they are attempting to be in the Spygate scandal?

Vic- if I had my way, congress would only involve itself in those things that it was constitutionally empowered to do so (it's a pretty small list)I would like to know how would they attempt to fix them.that's kind of my point, in fact I'd be hard pressed to make a list of problems that congress has actually solved (it's a pretty small list)
    But if i have to pick between putting this "stupid body" to work on:

A) determine how many of those HRs and wins were legit

or

B) help and find ways to help the country with our crisis

Then i guess i would pick the one that affect me the most, my pocket, my job and my family.

even though this "stupid body" might screw up on both subjects, at least let them screw up for what we are paying them for, for what they wear suits for and not tank tops and for what they represent to our country.Wow - I guess we just disagree - but I find it amazing ( I guess I shouldn't, as most people seem to feel this way) that people would knowingly choose to put such an inept resource smack dab in the middle of important issues.think about it from a work perspective - I've got 300 people who work for me - 10% of them are superstars and 10% are dolts............when I have really important problems to solve, I always give them to the superstars. - you put the dolts on stuff that, if and when it doesn't turn out well, does the least amount of harm to your company and customers...................á

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

btw, Saturday the 15th we play the Reds who gave Lester & Lopez a hard time Wednesday...we'll see what happens

They gave us a hard time yesterday too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

He forgot to do a dance review that shouldámention: Pedroia should erase the "daddy" on his chest andánever take his shirt off in public againáand that Papelbon shouldáget his money back onáthe "Queer Eye" shirt he wore ....:-)
    I wasn't going to mention those things but they were a little strange. LOL I also noticed....well maybe I shouldn't mention this here LOL but Paps had quite a large caboose for someone who is lean otherwise. Well now you know what I observe. LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

áChris, I agree, but the ridiculous part of this is when these morons tell us that it's important to them to make sure the future players are able to get what they deserve based on the whining these guys do now.á I guess we should all praiseáPaps for his work with the poor.á Heres a photo of him signing his new contract.áááá

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

04, maybe if the members of congress were as honest with us as they expect us to be with them,áI would take this a little more seriously. This whole thing was a sham from the get-go. It was more for publicity and a diversioná from the important issues facing us today.á

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

But since we are assuming that congress cant do its job "right"

then the question would be:

Who is going to do their job?áá
    áI would assert that is a much more useful question than how quickly can we get congress engaged......................

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

Chris, forgive me for my cynicism, but I think it's more likely that theá Sox are looking for ways to keep the revenues generated by reselling in-house, but without having to account for them in the revenue sharing formula.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Diva, correct me if I'm wrong, but did you just call my closer a fat azz?

Not very M of you. Waaaayyy before noon too..shame on you :-)

LOL in a roundabout way I guess I did. I should have held off on that post til later huh?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted byáVictory (Victory12321)áoná9:20 AMI would assert that is a much more useful question than how quickly can we get congress engaged......................

or like how many HRs and wins were legit?áá = )

I would love to see this question on a Presidential poll to see how many Americans really care about it and how important this issue is.

I would love to see a candidate go out there and present this idea to see how many more votes he would get.

Unless America is demanding for their money on bets, then i dont see why take this so seriously.
    Vicáwe agree, in the big picture, this is an insignificant issueáwhere we disagree, is that you'd rather see congress focus it's attention on really important issues, where as I'd rather see them dithering around with things that are likely to do the least amount of harm, my assumption (based on a large body of historical data and observation) of course is that what they touch, they tend to make worse...............á

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeus142. Show zeus142's posts

Dem Yanks

K.F. needs to just shut up and pitch.Eric,á I'd prefer he doesn'tá pitch.áá Just let him get on the same bus out of town as Pavano.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

where we disagree, is that you'd rather see congress focus it's attention on really important issues, where as I'd rather see them dithering around with things that are likely to do the least amount of harm, my assumption (based on a large body of historical data and observation) of course is that what they touch, they tend to make worse...............áActually, I think the original intent was for them to not be seated full time. I think what we need to do, is cut their salaries in half, make them live work in their home district for 6 months of the year, and have some sort of revolving schedule where theres only enough of them in Washington at one time to do the least amount of damage whileápreening for the public, and get some actual work done. Maybe if they actually spent time working at a real job, and living in town with the rest of us, they would have a somewhat better grasp on reality.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted byájfromthebronxáoná10:00 AMwhere we disagree, is that you'd rather see congress focus it's attention on really important issues, where as I'd rather see them dithering around with things that are likely to do the least amount of harm, my assumption (based on a large body of historical data and observation) of course is that what they touch, they tend to make worse...............áActually, I think the original intent was for them to not be seated full time. I think what we need to do, is cut their salaries in half, make them live work in their home district for 6 months of the year, and have some sort of revolving schedule where theres only enough of them in Washington at one time to do the least amount of damage whileápreening for the public, and get some actual work done. Maybe if they actually spent time working at a real job, and living in town with the rest of us, they would have a somewhat better grasp on reality.ááexactly right Jbronx - I believe the term was citizen legislator...........áadditionally, although most people think that the constitution guarantees individual freedoms and rights to citizens, what it in fact does, is define explicity the charter/areas of responsiblitiy for the 3 branches of government, and expressly forbids their involvement outside of those domains (the concept of "enumerated powers").áwe have strayed a long way away from the blueprint (as all beauracracies tend to expand and consolidate power for their own benefit, at the expense of those they are intended to serve), and sadly it seems that most people are clueless to the situation.áin fact, most people can't wait to get congress involved in fixing something or other, without considering the consequences............á

Sections
Shortcuts