1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Dem Yanks

Apparently Spitzer was not the guy he appeared to be. That's sad , but it should not diminish the idealsáand goals he set., his approach was , in my opinion, correct, towards corporate America. Insider trading , cooking the books, off shore dummy corporations are the practices that led to disasters like Enron. He definitely won't survive, the country is too puritanical and his list of enemies is too big. Maybe some of his ideas will survive. He should form a consulting firm with Gary Hart.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

" Hey everybody, come on over. I'm so happy we get to spend some time together because I have so much I want to share with you today..."

I'm pretty sure that if Beckett greeted the press that way, they may very well go to the party, but they would be sure not to drink any of the punch for fear it was poisoned...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Dem Yanks

It's the Pap formula. They are grooming him to 'close'. NY needs a replacement for MO more than they need another starter.á 'Superclosers' are a rare breed , this kid has a chance to be theánext MO for NY. ááá

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Dem Yanks

That's not true.á But it doesn't matter. The Yankees played 7 inn games for years with great success. The Sox with Oki and Pap had a pretty good rotation yet the best ERA in the AL.You may end up liking this formula.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Dem Yanks

If you did know what the Yankees have, you would alsoáknow thatáJoba will be in the rotation before the end of the season where he belongs.That is what 90% of Sox fans said about Pap. If they don't start stretching him out for 9 now it will be impossible later in the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

Diva, it was probably Chazz who gave that player testicular torsion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Dem Yanks

Breaking Yankee testicular torsions is one of my many specialties. That said, Jobba will stay in the 'pen' .Peace Outá,á Trolls

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

chazz1 to jfromthebronx posted 11:06 PMit's been like that since about a day after you first arrived here.áDon't waste your time trying to converse with me, not only are you just plain stupid, you are way out of your league, whether it's insults, intellect, or just plain baseball talk. Go find some plankton to play with. You might have a chance in that scenario.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Message #á43504.956Posted byáThatWasMeáoná6:27 PMWhy is this so hard to understand?March 11 Mike and the Mad Dog were at Legends Field the last two days and interviewed assorted Yankees. Listen to the clips on WFAN.com if you want.I just listened to their interview with Brian Cashman and wanted to put my head through a wall as they discussed Joba Chamberlain. They want him to pitch the 8th inning based on the 24 innings everybody saw last season.What they (and many other people) donÆt seem to understand is that Chamberlain was brilliant as a starter in the minors last season. Not good, brilliant. He was 9-2 with a 2.45 ERA. He was considered one of the best two or three starter prospects in the game.The Yankees scouted him and drafted him as a starter. He throws four pitches and stands 6-2, 230 pounds. HeÆs a classic big, power right-hander. Using Joba as for one inning would be like saying A-Rod should be a pinch hitter because heÆs such a great hitter.Mariano Rivera will walk into the Hall of Fame. But the Yankees tried him as a starter in 1995 and he failed because he didnÆt have enough pitches. Trevor Hoffman was a starter in 1992 and couldnÆt cut it.Unless he shows he canÆt do it, Joba has to become a starter. ItÆs really that simple. Your best pitchers start. Look at this way: You need to get 27 outs to win a game. You want him on the mound for 21 of those or three?
    TWMáyou make a very convincing point about Joba........the only question in my mind would be the timing of his innings cap and the readiness of other options to step up and help MoáPut it this way,á as a sox fan, I'd love to see him remain a one inning, every other day set up guy..............

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

PAáá ''á Look at this way: You need to get 27 outs to win a game. You want him on the mound for 21 of those or three?

i know zac is gonna kill me for this but

In 2004 post-season, there were times in which all we needed were 3 outs
    what's up vicI'm not sure about what you are thinking , but yeahwe sure did need 3 outsáPosted byápete648á '' ........the only question in my mind would be the timing of his innings cap and the readiness of other options to step up and help Mothereáare álots of questionsbut I think it comes down to are we going for it this yr or next yrthis yr I figureáhorne, kartsen, rasner starting are better options than we haveá 8th inning optionsthen again maybe oneá of the other ákids will step upástarter vs closer, the great debateI tend to prefer the a BP loaded with with studsbut it's hard to argue with do you want the guy for 200innings or 65 inningsáááááá

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Dem Yanks

The fact that you are a Yankee fan, so obsessed with the Boston Red Sox,ááthat you spend hours posting on a Red Sox message board puts you in a special league all of your own.Beyond that from, a BB perspective everything that I said about Jobba and the worth of a great 'closer is true'áThe most interestingádebate of the spring for NYáis about to unfold.Where does Jobba pitch ,??? The rotation or the 'pen'I won't expect too much BB input from you since you seem to be the quintessential NY fan.Rude, crude, kinda dumb, over the top, you know, like they show in the movies.I think you showed up about 2 years back when the Sox collapsed in the 2nd half. Things have changed a bit since then , but you haven't. HEY, at least your consistent, something to be said for that.á

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Diva, it was probably Chazz who gave that player testicular torsion.

If I had a couple he would be giving it to me jfromthebronx. LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

from the Herald....This trip to Japan is becoming a real pain in the azz

Chris this link didn't work for me, so I am not sure what the content of the article is. But I hope it isn't the Sox FO that is saying it is a pain in the azz...or anyone else on the team after they went to all the trouble of saying they were looking at it with a positive attitude and they wouldn't let anyone like Mussina, be a bad apple and ruin it for everyone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted byápete648áá ''áá TWM,á you make a very convincing point about Joba.......''ásorry pete I'm not biting I know both you and 3rd have more than a 1/2 of a brain :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

seeing how every post of yours involves the Yankees dont you think its a bit IRONIC that your talking about us being the ones obsessed?

Vic, he talks more about the Yankees because he has very little knowledge about the Sox, due the fact thats what most people talk abouton this site.

BTW, my testicular torsion remark as related to him was more in line with the pacifier being missing than it was anything else. Hopefiully that clears up my meaning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

Lets not forget that the Yankees starting 5 included Pavano a lifetime 500 pitcher and Igawa a lifetime disaster.

Who's Pavano? and Igawa?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

ááPosted byáCTChrisáá ''áHowever, it would be unfortunate to relegate a talent like Joba to the BP without first giving him a chance to succeed as a starter. He's already shown he can be effective out of the BP and could be moved there again at anytime. Holding him back as a starter, in my mind, would reflect poorly on the club because it's obvious that he would only beáin the BPábecause they failed to find/get someone else to fill that role. I'd think that you have to try and make him a starter first and a BP guyásecond. Otherwise, youÆre potentially robbing the player and the club of an extremely valuable asset.''ávery solid post chrisbut there is one big difference between joba and papsááááááunlike the soxwe aren't a uber team anymore and we áwon't be able to pay joba starter money down the road :-(

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

Every time I look out there and see that Citgo sign I think of Hugo Chavez.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

GM chris, I'm sorry there is no nice way to ask thisááMarcel predictions for the New York Yankees top five starters for 2008.StarterInningsERERAAndy Pettitte188854.07--> Chien-Ming Wang181773.83--> Phil Hughes96464.31--> Mike Mussina155794.59--> Ian Kennedy69303.91--> Totals6893174.14--> why even post this ?anyone with 1/2 a brain, even the stat geeks áknowákennedy should give us a lot more inningsthaná 69 .....hughes tooááá

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

I agree vic

heck it's been so long I'll say it again

I agree vic :-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

That doesn't sound like anything to worry about so I won't Vic. But who is starting today in his place?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Driveby !!!!!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

LOL Chris, you really looked it up???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Ok I am just thinking here so far the sox have Shilling, Beckett and Dice, probably, not going to Japan. No wonder Theoáisn't worried and is all positive. Half your pitching staff won't be making the trip!!á They won't be coming back all tired and will benefit from not having to go. Who else will bow out? He was raggin on the yankees, especially Mussina for being a bad apple, about theirátrip to Japan, and now here he is keeping some of his best guys from going. Granted, Dice is having a baby....well his wife is anyway. LOL..........And I don't blame him for not wanting Beckett and his back on a long flight. And of course Shilling is hurt !!! But that is not the point !!! ( ok....I feel better now )

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

LOL point made.