1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Message # 42696.15
    Posted by Joebreidey on Jan-4 7:55 PM

fix the 1000 other problems the country has and then you can work on pro athletes taking peds"

But does anyone have faith that they'll fix the other 1000 problems? When is the last time they actually fixed a problem?

one of my all time favorite questions................

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

BT

I sure hope you're right

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

hey cp

doin ok

off to the gym to start working off some holiday excess

get some sleep papa

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted by CTChris on 1:56 PM

Why Knoblauch? What's the point? Is Congress investigating steroids in MLB or just on the NY Yankees?

Exactly! There are other players that have admitted to using and other players that have denied they have used that were named in the report. Only asking Yankee players to the hearings doesn't look like they are trying to look at the "League". Invitations should be made to others as well if they are looking for players that were named that have different versions on the validity of the report. Looks to me like they are only interested in the headlines, not the whole story.

But then, is anyone surprised?????
    Politicians grandstanding, I'm shocked..............

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

That's great that you don't have to leave the little lady & your wife CP!

Hey, can you do me a favor? I'm having problems with my regular computer, which is what I've been using & today, I lost my email. I'm back on the laptop though, having finally gotten the replacement cord in the mail. Will you please re-email me the photos of Abby?

Thanks!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Thanks much CP! How are you all doing?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

First game's over just in time for the second game to start, huh?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Wow--I just looked at the score of the first game. Seattle kind of whooped on Washington.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Well, here's hoping you don't have to partake of the crow twice this evening.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

I can well imagine. So who does Seattle play next week?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

If McNamee doesn't show up it is going to look as if maybe he wasn't telling the whole truth. Or that it was only a partial truth. It will look very bad for him. It is making me smile though.

Great news about you not having to leave your family CP !!! And we also get your company !! You need to send your replacement a nice gift. LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

ôWhen I signed up with this current three-year deal, and this is the last year of it, it was with full authority to run the entire program. George (Steinbrenner, the YankeesÆ owner) had given me that. But things have changed in this third year now with the emergence of Hal and Hank Steinbrenner and that started this winter.ôIÆll be honest, IÆm learning as I go along, too. But it is different. But the one thing is that IÆve been with this family, the Steinbrenner family, for well over 20 years, so IÆm focused fully on doing everything I can to assist them in their emergence now as decision makers. But it is definitely different than it has been the last two years.ö makes me wonder if this might be his last year - on to greener pastures......he's certainly earned the right to call the shots somewheresounds like it'll never be NY, that will always be reserved for the Steins.............

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

CP, I don't think one person mentioned in the Mitchell report talked to him. I believe the union advised them not to. And Shilling who was not even in the report refused to talk to Mitchell when he was asked. I would think it was strange if he was the only one who didn't talk to him, but as far as I know.......no one did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Roger appears to be going the extra mile to clear his name...Clemens reportedly sues trainer for defamationSuit claims steroids accusation æexposed him to public hatred, contemptÆGM all. Alright !!!!! That is what I was waiting to happen. Good for him !!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I agree TWM. They are not reliable. I am not proud of this but I actually had to take one once. And I lied. I was 17 and took one for working in a major jewlery store. It was whether I had ever stole before. And said I hadn't. But I had shoplifted a candy bar when I was a child. I got the job. Would they have hired me if I hadn't passed? I don't think so. I was involved with a lot of expensive jewlery and money. But I had rationalized that it was when I was a child and surely they didn't mean that. I was never questioned about it, but I sure sweated bullets wondering when they would pull me in for lying on it. It never happened. They are not reliable. Sometimes you can be innocent but feel guilty about other things. It would not be a good idea for him to do so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted by CTChris ''' What a POS that guy is. He knows he's about to bury Clemens and a couple of days before the report comes out he has the nerve to ask about fishing equipment???...''pretty weak chrisbut maybe that's where the RC is hidden CLEMENS I listened to my counsel. I was advised not to. A lot of the
    players didn't go down and talk to him.-->-->I was hoping he would say that the union had advised him not to speak.I don't think it's a reach to suggest the union is part of his counsel All these players that were supposedly asked to speak with Mitchell and only Giambi & Thomas did? I have a hard time believing that every other playerÆs counsel had the same advise. This smells of the union trying to thwart the investigation to me. I could be wrong, but if not, I'd like to see the union answer to congress for that....... if it indeed was their advice to the players.other than the ''why '' I thought that was pretty much all on the record already WALLACE Were you to pass a lie detector test, would that help prove that you're telling the truth and help restore?-->-->CLEMENS Would it?-->-->WALLACE I don't know.-->-->CLEMENS I don't either.so many keep bringing up this LD testlikes its a win win no big thing, can someone give me some examples where others have taken this rootin slander, he said she said cases ?but I think most people wrongly accused would be begging to take one....just to prove their innocence.-->-->-->-->

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

He could very easily could have said I will take on right now! knowing full well that he would never have to actually take one!

Bt, but then everyone would think he was even more of a liar for saying he would take one and then not do it. No.......I don't think that would have been right either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted by Beantowne ''' What exactly was he swearing to? ....Swear to God....I swear on my mothers grave....This could have been a very powerful moment. We all know how much he loved his mother and the role she played in his life. If he had looked into the camera and swore on his mothers grave, with steeely eyed determanation, even shedding a real tear..

intersting thought BT, a halmark moment with swearing and graves all included

.In that moment he would have swung me over to the side of giving him the benefit of the doubt.

maybe so, but you know there would be others saying

how phony ,classless........ it was a stunt etc...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

01.05.2008 Dear Hank Shut. Up.

whaz up vic?

not sure if this was suppose to be a link or you are calling me hank ;-)

speaking of hank someone posted this photo and I don't get it

santana2qe2.jpg picture by pinstripezac

but then chris gave me an idea

ccsantana2qe2.jpg picture by pinstripezac

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

can someone give me some examples where others

have taken this root

in slander, he said she said cases ?

Beantowne How many times does someone, in a he said, she said cases, go on national television to plead thier case...That said, it is not the actual test that means a thing...It is his willingness to do so and the conviction that he shows with regards to his innosnace, that is important.

point taken BT

Baby.jpgjust wondering here

does this mean you don't have any other examples ?

or you are being a poop pe head

and don't think it's relevent enough to give them to me:-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted by CTChris '' ?? What's weak? You're going to need to explain that one I don't get your meaning..

not sure if I should thank you for giving me a chance to explain or

if you just wanted to hear me say it again

it means I agree with what you said about the punk it was pretty weak on his part

won't discuss all of it here, but Yes. I've taken one when I was accused of something I didn't do and passed it. I wanted to to take one. It was the first thing I

no disrespect my friend

but you have a 2bit morning show on BDC

I'm looking for bigger stars

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

BT, I just don't think it is in his best interest. No matter what he does those that don't believe aren't going to anyway. Someone said they didn't believe last night when he said I swear, he should have said on his mother's grave. If he had said that, then someone would have said well she is already dead, let him swear on this kid's life. Those that don't believe him aren't going to. Even now, he is sueing........that isn't enough when that is what they all called for on the FB. If he takes an oath in front of Congress they will still say he lied. He can't win at this point IMO.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

does this mean you don't have any other examples ?

or you are being a poop pe head

and don't think it's relevent enough to give them to me:-)

Forgive me but this one went soaring over my head?

NP BT it must be me , all I'm saying is

I want names

I'm not saying there arn't any

I just think the fact people are saying

'' he should take a LDT '' but

nobody has said

'' he should take a LDT like so and so did ''

is relevent, and there must be valid reasons why

I can't think of others who have done so

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

Filing suit is a pretty convincing to me that either

A) Roger feels he's innocent. or

B) he at least feels he can win the case...which is essentially saying the same thing as "A"

C) a great way of getting away from talking to congress,

I don't think he can talk about a pending court case

or is it only when it's a criminal case ?

he can alway drop his suite after congress is chasing next months headline

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

GM Diva & all

couple thoughts about Roger's gig............

I really got to admit he's in a tough spot, it's going to be damn hard to prove his innocence. It may not be fair, but that's the way it is.................

concerns about the LDT - I know there are questions about accuracy, but I thought they were limited to the point where some people are able to lie and not be detected - I've never heard anyone claim that the test misreads truthful responses as lies...... that would seem to be in favor of an innocent person's using one...

I'd really like to believe him, but I'm not there yet

imho, he, or someone, has to address the main point - which is the testimony given under threat of jail time - why would he give true testimony against Andy and lie about Roger. It seemed like Roger still considered him a friend right up until the report came out, so they were friends for some time - why would a friend do that if he could avoid it....the only thing that makes any sense is, that the Mitchell team put him up to it, and that's harder for me to believe than the simpler explanation that he did it......

Mike Wallace needs to retire