1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Pins

how's this for getting the new year off on the right foot..............

C) a great way of getting away from talking to congress,

I don't think he can talk about a pending court case

or is it only when it's a criminal case ?

he can alway drop his suite after congress is chasing next months headline

I had the exact same thought when I heard about his suit....

We agree - which one of us should be nervous

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

Beantowne '' Again I am not suggesting that he take one or not.''

that's cool BT, I thought you were , please

consider my posts directed to the many who are,

'' I want Names ''

Just for the record. I want nothing more than for him to be clean...My skeptisism is based on my belief, that not some, but all players have used to some extent. Pettitte to heal, Barry & Shef did them unknowingly...Tejada thought they were B12 shots...While Roger feels that we should give him the benefit of the doubt. His fellow players and his union leadership are to blame for how he is percieved in the court of public opinion...So while he might feel like he is being disrespected by the press and the skeptics...Can you blame us?

I'm with you BT, I have always been one to say this includes so many more than what most people thought

my interest here is that he gets treated fairly more than whether he did or didn't

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

We agree - which one of us should be nervous

LOL pete

maybe this will make you feel better

It seemed like Roger still considered him a friend right up until the report came out, so they were friends for some time - why would a friend do that if he could avoid it....the only thing that makes any sense is, that the Mitchell team put him up to it, and that's harder for me to believe than the simpler explanation that he did it......

I don't think mitchell put him up to anything,

I don't think mitchell did anything other than C&P what the feds handed him

but why does everyone act like it's such a reach that the feds really squeezed macabee

for the lie they wanted , a big fish

I still wonder why canseco has siad so little about roger

has roger paid him off

Mike Wallace needs to retire

he wasn't so great, but I thought he did alright

at least he didn't go on larry king

I still wanted to hear

2IMG_7357.jpg picture by pinstripezac

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

The thing is, unless Mcnamee has some lingering physical evidence lying around, this will remain a he said/she said case for eternity, and I don't see either guy winning a defamation suit.

www.pistolsandpetticoats.org/images/misc/gunlft.gif" />

yup that's why I asked chris if it was with the fishing equipment

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

swear...Sorry, not a convincing declaration...I was looking for conviction! He fell short in my eyes.

I think those that don't believe him now, it might have. I found that it was exactly as I expected. He seemed mad. He kept repeating the fact that what McNamee said was false. He knows that there isn't much he can do in the court of public opinion and I think that bothers him.

His pending civil suit is what I am looking for...funny that it came after the interview was aired...

Never satisfied huh? LOL always that but in there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

FWIW, I hope this doesn't appear to be a contradiction in views on my part, but Rogers willingness to take McNamee to court means almost as much to me than if he simply "said" he's be willing to take a polygraph. Filing suit is a pretty convincing to me that either A) Roger feels he's innocent. or B) he at least feels he can win the case...which is essentially saying the same thing as "A"

Bravo Chris !!! This is what everyone was saying he should do. Now that he has done it........it isn't good enough. Now they want more. A LD test. And more yet.........swearing on his mother's grave....and more yet............an oath in front of Congress..............what next????? Again......I feel that there will always be those that won't believe him no matter what.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

imho, he, or someone, has to address the main point - which is the testimony given under threat of jail time - why would he give true testimony against Andy and lie about Roger. It seemed like Roger still considered him a friend right up until the report came out, so they were friends for some time - why would a friend do that if he could avoid it....the only thing that makes any sense is, that the Mitchell team put him up to it, and that's harder for me to believe than the simpler explanation that he did it......

Maybe McNamee was waiting for the right place and time to have revenge against Roger. It could be he has felt under appreciated.......or slighted in some way in the past......and by using someone who had used ( Pettitte )they would be more inclined to believe him when he brought up Roger's name. Not saying this is it. But you never know. Revenge is a powerful thing and he wouldn't be the first person to look to stick it to someone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

LOL........not intentionally. I made a funny without realizing it. Something of interest for all down here. ôAccording to McNamee, he originally made his allegations to federal authorities after being threatened with criminal prosecution if he didnÆt implicate Clemens,ö according to the 14-page petition, obtained early Monday by The Associated Press.The suit quotes McNamee as saying he was pressured by Assistant U.S. Attorney Matthew Parrella and IRS Special Agent Jeff Novitzky ù key members of the BALCO prosecution ù to implicate Clemens. The suit did not attribute where the quote from McNamee was obtained.ôAfter this exchange, and for the first time in his life, McNamee stated that he had injected Clemens with steroids in 1998, 2000 and 2001,ö the suit said. ôFollowing his recantation, McNamee has relayed that he magically went from a ætargetÆ in a federal criminal drug investigation to a mere æwitness,Æ so long as he continued to ætoe the line.öÆ

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I ask you this, given everything that has come to bare, in the last few years. Regarding the use of PEDS. Can you really and truly fault those like myself that are skeptical...Again, I want to believe him, and in the end if he can clear his name. Then I will be the first to say bravo Roger.

I understand. I really do. At least for most of the people down here in this thread. But there is an unhealthy hate against Clemens that was just out of control. I know people used. And I know there will be people shown that we won't expect. But I just couldn't believe this one. ( And actually I could still be wrong, but I have to say it looks better for him now then it has ) Rafael failed a test. That was pretty good proof. I could accept that. Giambi admitted it. Others have admitted it. But because Clemens didn't act as people expected he was deemed guilty right away. Sometimes people don't always act as we expect. Those that experience grief act in various ways. Each person is different. I really hope that this turns out he didn't use also. I am starting to finally feel that he didn't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

but why does everyone act like it's such a reach that the feds really squeezed macabee

Posted by Joebreidey So you think an FBI agent risked his career and his freedom, to lie about something that not a lot of people care about, then asked him to name Clemens, when he already had Pettitte? That makes no sense.

where did I suggest the agent ''risked his career and his freedom, to lie '' about anything ?

and if I did how can you say they wouldn't

cops are people too, good and bad

some might even be sox fans

let's not forget the whole balco case started with 2 SF dectitives getting into a debate and then making a bet on wether bonds used or not

andy is a small fish compared to roger

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

let's see...how can i anonymously call that jewelry store.....LOL!!

LOL.....it was almost 35 years ago. I doubt they care anymore.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

But no Yankee fan thinks he is innocent.

Yes, there are yankee fans who think he is innocent. I don't know how you can speak for every yankee fan in the world. You aren't even a yankee fan. And the more this goes on the more I am starting to believe he is. I posted the article put out by the AP. You choose to act as if it wasn't posted.

You act like the RS are suspicious of Roger for no other reason than he's Roger

Not all of them.......I don't speak for RSN. But a good amount do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Pins

I tend to believe that most govt screwups are a result of stupidity rather than planned conspiracies.................for the most part, they aren't smart enough to successfully pull off conspiracies

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

A recount of McNamee's recollection of a conversation he had with Assistant U.S. Attorney Matthew Parrella and IRS Special Agent Jeff Novitzky was not attributed to a source:

Drug Policy in Baseball

"Listen Brian -- this is [Assistant United States Attorney Matthew] Parrella -- he goes, 'You have three strikes to go to jail.' He goes -- he goes, 'You know, you're a cop.' He goes, 'You picked up steroids and you delivered steroids. That's a federal crime.' He goes, 'And if you lie to a federal agent, you go to jail.' He goes, 'I'm going to tell you' -- my attorney just sat there. He goes, 'Yesterday, you took two steps back' -- no. 'You have two strikes against you to go to jail. You have one more strike.' All right. So, then, they recapped what we talked about that day and then -- the day before. And, then, right away, 'So what about Clemens?' 'Well, what do you mean?' [IRS Special Agent] Novitzky went on this big tirade because it was the biggest embarrassing thing I've ever heard from anybody. He's trying to tell me that I -- that how can I tell him that I don't know anything about steroids and Clemens with, first of all, what they know and then also I must not be good at what I do because I stretch him and I train him; so if I put my hands on his body, how can I not know that his body's changing by taking steroids.

"And then, he threw a piece of paper at me and he goes, 'Do you know how many people we've talked to?' Parrella jumped in. He goes, 'We know about [sic] more about you than you know about yourself.' He goes, 'You're going to jail.' My attorney just sat there. And they said, 'Let's get back to when you first met Clemens in '98.'"

The lawsuit stated that after this exchange, and for the first time in his life, McNamee stated that he had injected Clemens with steroids in 1998, 2000 and 2001.

McNamee has said that after that conversation, he "magically" went from a "target" in a federal criminal drug investigation to a mere "witness," so long as he continued to "toe the line." McNamee, the lawsuit says, states that he gave a detailed statement in which he contended that he repeatedly injected Clemens with steroids.

The lawsuit also said that according to what McNamee has told others, some time after this two-day interrogation, he was again contacted by federal authorities. They wanted McNamee to repeat his story to the Mitchell Commission. McNamee has said that when he initially refused to do so, he was told by the federal authorities he would be moved from "witness" status back to "target" status and fully prosecuted.

When faced with prosecution, McNamee stated, he agreed to speak with Mitchell.

During his interview with Mitchell, with the federal authorities in the room, McNamee is said to have told others it was conducted like a "cold war era interrogation," in which a federal agent merely read to the Mitchell investigators McNamee's previously-obtained statement and then asked McNamee to confirm what he previously stated.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080107&content_id=2340522&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Okay, I was being hypebolic.

Yes, you do that alot. I get called on it when I do it.

Do any Yankee fans IN HERE think Roger is innocent? A simple yes or no. I ran this at least twice, and nobody said yes so far.

Right now I am leaning more towards innocent.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

ESPN2 right now. Clemens will speak and they will have part of the phone conversation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted by CP_GOSOX on 3:44 PM

One of the reporters asked that question and it is legal to tape a phone conversation in Texas.

Quick

somebody call Ken Starr, and get me a big ole bucket of buttered popcorn.............

here we go again

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

That phone conversation between MacNamee and Rocket was kind of wierd, the whole tone of it, ...

It sounded to me as if McNamee was trying to set Roger up. He called him under the ruse his son was sick. And then he keeps asking Roger what do you want me to do?? Trying to get Roger to say something to show tampering. He sounds like a sleeze. He never once said to Roger you did it Roger.......you know you did........I just told the truth.

At not that I blame him but Rocket's fuse seems a tad bit short today...

I don't blame him either. Under the circumstances.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I felt sorry for Roger Macs. I really did.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

did he just storm off the stage???

Yes, he did CP. You could tell he was getting madder and madder. His lawyer even sent him a note that said lighten up. But he just couldn't. He started getting bleeped out, and I think he thought he better get off stage.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

If anyone says they got ANYTHING from the phone conversation they are either very imaginative or dumb as a brick.'It was 17 min. of "Tell me what you want me to do Roger

Well Joey, I guess you can call me dumb as a brick then. It sounded staged to me. McNamee was trying to increminate Roger. If Roger had said what he wanted McNamee to do, then Roger would have been accused of tampering with a witness. Roger said over and over, I didn't do it, and what it was doing to his family and McNamee said I know man........but he never said to Roger.....yes you did do it. McNamee said do you want me to come down there and be with you during the news conference? I will do it man. Roger said he would get back to him on that. Why would he say that? What could he have said at the news conference except that he was lying. And he did say he was willing to go to jail. Why would he have to unless he was lying?

Mcnamee can go to jail right now is if he recants and says Roger didn't use (when he did)

You don't know that he did. That is your opinion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

yankee_diva It sounded to me as if McNamee was trying to set Roger up. He called him under the ruse his son was sick. And then he keeps asking Roger what do you want me to do?? Trying to get Roger to say something to show tampering. He sounds like a sleeze. He never once said to Roger you did it Roger.......you know you did........I just told the truth.

well said diva

you must be exhausted

you've been fighting the good fight for days now

no one has to change there today

but they do have to take a step back

other than the LDT he has done what '' everyone says they would do ''

acted angry, sue, and offer to go to congress

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

well said diva

you must be exhausted

I am Zac. All I want is for people to be fair. That seems to be impossible on the FB. It is a little better down here, but I think I am entitled to state my opinion as much as the anti-Roger haters are.

you've been fighting the good fight for days now

Tell me about it. It is like trying to have conversations with a bunch of lunatics. FB guys....not you down here.

no one has to change there today

but they do have to take a step back

other than the LDT he has done what '' everyone says they would do ''

acted angry, sue, and offer to go to congress

Exactly.....everything people said he wouldn't do. And if he did then that would probably change their minds. And now they have backtracked. They WANT him to be guilty. They don't care about the truth.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Roger could have said. YES I want you here at the PC to TELL THE TRUTH (instead of Ill get back to you)

His lawyer was right there. If he had said that, it would have been tampering.

He did say he was willing to go to jail.................Diva Mcnamee ONLY goes to jail if he is lying.

Exactly.......sounds like he has been lying. All along.

Could he have been saying "OK Roger, I'll recant and LIE and tell them you didn't do steroids and them go to jail"

Again.....tampering. Roger told him he wanted the truth to come out. That is all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Did Clemens refuse to meet with Mitchell? Did Mitchell ask?

He did refuse at the advice of counsel. In fact.....everyone refused at the advice of counsel. Even Shilling, who from all accounts has nothign to hide.

Sections
Shortcuts