1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

any video for the Crawford / Houston play?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Message #á43504.747Posted byáThatWasMeáoná4:35 PMDo you really think that if that was Jason Varitek or Doug Maribelli in a cast for three monthsáthatáthe Red Sox would not be reacting the same way? áTWM - you've seen the FB crowd - there'd be calls for Francona's resignation for allowing Tek to block the plate in a ST gameWake is probably the only one who'd be broken up about losing Belli......if it was Shelly Duncan coming down the line and the opposing catcher was blocking the plate, he bowls him over and is congratulated for playing the game the right way - as long as he doesn't get injured.....................it was just a bad breaká

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Dem Yanks

if it was Shelly Duncan coming down the line and the opposing catcher was blocking the plate, he bowls him over and is congratulated for playing the game the right way Accordinjg to the NYá Post, this conversation has come up in ST already. Being the way Duncan is, he asked Girardi what he should do and Girardi told him to slide and not bowl over the catcher.Let's remember that Girardi was a hard nosed catcher. So now we know his thinking.He is not whining, he is doing what every single Manager would do; protect your players and posture for the future.The kid got hurt, but it was not a dirty play by the Rays. It was a play that made no sense because the runner put himself in danger as well. What do they always say about S.T. - "Stay away from injuries"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

He is not whining, he is doing what every single Manager would do; protect your players and posture for the future.

The kid got hurt, but it was not a dirty play by the Rays. It was a play that made no sense because the runner put himself in danger as well. What do they always say about S.T. - "Stay away from injuries"

Exactly Jessey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Dem Yanks

That way good.

Thnx!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Dem Yanks

Let's try that again - That was good - lmfaoá

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

You know, I actually think that Beckett & DiceK missing the Japan trip might be the best thing for the team in the long run.á

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

An interesting article in the Post today about Girardi and what happened with the Rays.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03102008/sports/yankees/joes_fire_encouraging_101226.htm

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted byáyankee_divaáonáMar-9 8:00 PMHe is not whining, he is doing what every single Manager would do; protect your players and posture for the future.áI agree with the latter more than the former - if he wanted to protect his players, he would tell his catchers not to block the plate in a meaningless ST game................

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Message #á43504.761Posted byáThatWasMeáoná6:04 AMSaw it in a dream last night. Mussina sends a high hard one, all of 81 mph into the upper back of Carl Crawford on Wednesday, and thenáwrestles Don Zimmer to the infield ground after all hell breaks loose.Zimmer cries and apologizes on national TV a few days later.áverry funnyall of 81 mph...................................moose must be on the juice.....................

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I agree with the latter more than the former - if he wanted to protect his players, he would tell his catchers not to block the plate in a meaningless ST game................Always me you pick on huh Pete? All those posts TWM wrote and you pick the one and only post I write and use me as your example. LOL á

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Read the article from the Post I posted Tony........it may work in the yankees favor more then you think. It shows the boys he is willing to back them up....stand up for them.....and that they stick together as a team. Whether you agree with Girardi's thoughts on this or not.......it has been a long time since the yankees, as a team, has had a manager that will stick up for them when they get screwed. Girardi is letting them know under his watch.....that isn't going to happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted byáyankee_divaáoná8:29 AM I agree with the latter more than the former - if he wanted to protect his players, he would tell his catchers not to block the plate in a meaningless ST game................Always me you pick on huh Pete? All those posts TWM wrote and you pick the one and only post I write and use me as your example. LOL á
    DivaáI responded similarly to TWM's posts, although you are correct, I do enjoy picking on you..................áand I notice that you didn't refute the logic of my statement...........wisely.........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

áit make me think that the Yankees are starting out the season with bad blood against a team that has a lot less to lose....I see this hurting the yankees when it comes toá 19 games played against the rays.á Way to be the gloom and doom team Tony. LOL If anyone should be paid back it would be the Rays. Seems to me it was one of your pitchers last year that started a fight with the Rays. Did that ruin the rest of your games with them? It can't hurt any worse then playing the sox. It seems like every year one of our players gets a broken bone when we play you. Last year it was Karstens. The year before that it was Matsui. Or there is a fight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Pete, personally I am tired of going around and around with you on every little thing. Which is why I didn't dispute your statement. I stand by with what I said though. The play wasn't dirty....but the timing certainly was.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Beckett's back worsens

Sox righty Josh Beckett, who spent the morning undergoing treatment for a strained lower back muscle, was considerably more pessimistic about his condition than the day before. (12:02 p.m.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Thanks for the cheerful update Diva!á From reading it, it sounds like he's got a muscle strain or pull.á I've had that before.á It's pretty typical, at least for me, for it to not feel bad the next day, but then feel worse a couple of days into it.á I've got this awesome cream I use that my company makes--wish the trainer had it for Beckett!I just hope that his injury is the same as what I've noticed in the past with mine & that it will start to feel better from here.á

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Can you tell Becketts not in a good mood? LOLYeah, the foul mood def. came through!á Hey, will you post occasional updates on the game?á I can't see or hear it at work & they're not doing alot of updating on Extra Bases.áá

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Thanks Chris.á I don't care so much about winning the games...I'm going with your theory here on that.á But I am wanting to see how Lester looks during the game.á Glad to hear so far, so good.á

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Well, I'm not TWM, but I will say that was very, very nice Chris.á Heck, they should just C&P that onto Extra Bases....they would not be able to top that!á LOLá

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Thanks for the cheerful update Diva!á LOL, well I had to listen to Tonytuna fill me with doom......I figured I would just pass that along. What are mondays for anyway?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

You're just a peach!á But with the way my Monday morning shaped up, I guess that reading that update from Beckett was not actually the worst part of my morning!á

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Nice.á I'm glad to hear that he did well.á We really need him to step up.á

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted byáyankee_divaáoná10:14 AMPete, personally I am tired of going around and around with you on every little thing.ááGeez Diva - you need to lighten up a little...........been spending too much time on the FB?á"every little thing" ..............................for the last two months there's only been one thing - Roger & MacNameeásometimes I tease you cause I like you, and sometimes I tease you cause you say nonsensical things (you're a smorgasbord...............)álike thisá"The play wasn't dirty....but the timing certainly was." áIt's fair to say the timing was unfortunate (nobody wants to see guys get injured in ST - thanks for the Beckett update by the way), but when you say the timing was "dirty" that implies bad intent on somebody's part..........if you just meant unfortunate, I get it - I just don't get how it's dirtyáand that's something I know about................

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted byáCTChrisáoná11:21 AMThat's pretty much it Pem. The rest of the game is going to be rookies. The game so far has just been a pitching display. Both Santana & Lester are done. 0-0 after 4. Jon looked good only allowing 2 hits and 1 walk with 4 5 K's.
    áThanks Chrisádo us all a favor, and send Seabeachfred an email.........quick..............