1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

Hello, Happy New Year, and congrats to CP are probably in order.

An interesting tidbit I heard from a local ballplayer who played with a certain outfielder from my neck of the woods who signed a nice contract with the Sox. It seems that he was in a trade to MN for Santana then was sent home after failing a steroids test. Maybe Bob Ryan, Shaugnessy and the rest can find out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I understand there are a lot of people who still think he is guilty and no matter what he does, they always will. I am not sure he didn't do it. He could have. But right now......I am seriously thinking he didn't. He is doing everything in his power to prove he didn't. i don't know what more the man can do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

Chris, sorry, but no not Manny. It's my present neck of the woods, which is the New Jersey shore. You might find a school around here named Red Bank Catholic. A little hint for you there.
    The contract was good for this player, since he dropped low, but they gave him high round money to give up college.
    For what it's worth, I dont think Manny and steroids go together. Manny and some weed maybe, but he's just a great hitter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

This line here Chris.....................Diva and I can read this line and come up with two different explanations

I see that is true Joey. We will probably never agree. I respect your line of thought. You could be right. But I ask you to respect mine also. After all this time here, I don't think that is too much to ask. If I am wrong, I put my faith into someone who didn't deserve it. I can live with that.......it wouldn't be the first time. I don't know him. I could be getting shammed. But I can't help myself. I think he is being truthful. I have been wrong more times then I have been right. And this is probabally another. But I haven't seen enough to say he used. Not yet. If it comes to that then I will admit defeat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

GM Chris and all. The security was needed obviously. Yes, the timing is suspect, but it had to be done before the season started.

I expect the boad will be full of people today calling Clemens every name in the book. It saddens me. So many closed minds. So many people who make up their minds before the whole thing has played out. So many people with such anger for Clemens. Clemens will never get a fair shake. He has already been condemned. In the press and with the public. I sometimes hate what this country has become. There are no more innocent people. Just guilty ones walking around. God forbid if any of us are ever wrongly accused.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Uh Oh, I'm agreeing with Hank.....again. I'm sure this has got to be an unhealthy practice for a Sox fan :-)

At least you are fair Chris. It is unusual around here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

GM Diva & all

this press conference / taped phone call is one of the wierder things I've seen in a while..................

GM Chris and all. The security was needed obviously. Yes, the timing is suspect, but it had to be done before the season started.

the new security procedures sound ok to me, as a first step. Of course the timing was set to preceed Bud's visit to DC

I expect the board will be full of people today calling Clemens every name in the book. It saddens me. So many closed minds.So many people who make up their minds before the whole thing has played out. So many people with such anger for Clemens.

I know you're talking about the FB - for your own piece of mind, I suggest you not consider them as representative of anything - it's just the baseball version of Jerry Springer

Clemens will never get a fair shake.

Life's not fair - for any of us......Roger will be fine. He's a HoF Pitcher, one of the best of all time, he's richer than you or I can imagine. 5 years from now he'll be a hero again

He has already been condemned. In the press and with the public.

I see and hear a lot of fence sitting re Clemens in the media - there are still a fair number of folks I've heard on the radio and seen on TV or read that still think it is an open question with Roger. As far as the public opinion part, unless he wants to run for office, it's pretty meaningless..................

I sometimes hate what this country has become.

Freedom is messy, but better than any of the alternatives......So what would you suggest - suppress anyone who has something critical to say unless and until they prove in a court of law? Clemens has redress if he can prove MacNamee knowingly lied about him....

There are no more innocent people. Just guilty ones walking around. God forbid if any of us are ever wrongly accused.

He's still a free man. "guilty or innocent" is a legal determination - in the meaningless game of public opinion, everybody is enttitled to an opinion...............

according to the laws of supply and demand, given the limitless number of opinions out there, that should tell us something about how valuable opinions are.

I must admit, I have no clue what to make out of the taped phone conversation.........it seemed like neither guy said the obvious thing you'd expect - either "why the hell are you lying about me" or "Roger you know I'm telling the truth".

After watching this stuff, I now feel bad for Roger and his family - even though I still think it's more likely than not that he used - it's just painful to watch

I'll tell you one person who thinks Roger is getting a pretty fair shake - Linda Tripp

Clemens called Macnamee, recorded the conversation without his knowledge and them played the recording to the media. So far, I haven't heard anything like the outrage that Linda Tripp got when she did the same thing........

Pitchers and catchers report soon

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I know you're talking about the FB - for your own piece of mind, I suggest you not consider them as representative of anything - it's just the baseball version of Jerry Springer

They sure sound that way Pete. They are a mean spirited bunch of people up there. Ugly in their souls. I dont' know how they live with themselves. They sure do nothing for the sox fan's reputation. If I didn't know so many good ones, I would think the worst of RSN. Luckily I know better. It is going to get worse before it gets better though. The hearings are next week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Dem Yanks

Midge

Relax, Roger will come out of this just fine. He has more money than everyone on this board combined. I have no pity for him. He gets paid mega bucks to play a game. Remember Clinton was impeached and he had pretty sleazy morals but he came out of it smelling like a rose. A year or so from now Clemens will be walking on water again.

I don't kno who is telling the truth, but it doesn't help his cause by saying McNamee never injected him to McNamee injected him with vitamins.

I wonder how Yanks fans would have reacted if Schillings name was on the report?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I wonder how Yanks fans would have reacted if Schillings name was on the report?

Hard to say. But now, I am sure they would react very harsh. I don't hate Shilling though. Part of the sox fans reactions up top seem to be just because they hate Roger so much. Not from proof. They hate him for all the past slights he has given the sox from what I can tell. So he must be guilty of steriod use. I don't even consider Roger a yankee. I just consider him one of the best pitchers I have ever seen and I have enjoyed watching him. And I am not willing to convict him on what I have seen so far. If someone said Shilling used steriods and all you had was someone saying that.......no other proof.......would you believe it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Dem Yanks

Midge,

I don't hate Roger, I think it's wrong to hate anyone. I'm not sure if the truth will ever come out. Don't let this stuff get you down, it will all blow over.

I think it's even sadder that someone like Clinton, who disgraced the Oval Office, came out of things the way he did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pawsoxsteve. Show pawsoxsteve's posts

Dem Yanks

"Ugly in their souls. I dont' know how they live with themselves."

Pretty harsh judgement of people even for the people that are here to stir the pot. Seems like the same kind of judgements people are making about Roger....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Diva................You are taking this whole Roger thing WAY TOO PERSONAL

It's true. I do. But only because if you are ready to give Roger the benefit of a doubt on the FB you are attacked for being stupid.

Believe me, I don't think its going to affect your life or mine (or anyone elses besides himself) if he his guilty or innocent. Really, What if he is guilty? Doesn't hurt you any. If he's innocent? Doesn't hurt me any.

You are right. It won't. I will be disappointed of course. But in the scheme of things it won't make much difference.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Pretty harsh judgement of people even for the people that are here to stir the pot. Seems like the same kind of judgements people are making about Roger....

Yes, it was. I will retract that. Sometimes I play the drama queen. Partly why I was given the diva moniker. LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

LOL very good Chris. And it makes sense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

It is going to get worse before it gets better though. The hearings are next week.

What's on other McNamee tape?

Posted: Tuesday January 08, 2008 06:26AM ET

Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte sent private investigators to conduct a taped interview with Brian McNamee the day before the release of the Mitchell Report. Tapes of the extensive session have not been released by Clemens' camp. McNamee's attorney, Earl Ward, issued a statement Monday calling for Clemens' attorney Rusty Hardin to release the tapes. According to Ward, the Clemens camp may not want to release the tape for another reason: he believes it confirms what McNamee has said all along - that he told investigators and Mitchell the truth about injecting Clemens with steroids and human growth hormone and Pettitte with HGH. Pettitte has confirmed that he took HGH on two occasions.New York Daily News

If this is true, it doesn't bode well for Roger........this makes it sound like Clemens was worried about the report before it came out - specifically, he was worried about what MacNamee would say to Mitchell.......despite his public remarks about having no idea at all..................

again - will wait and see...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Roger don't blame us....it is your fellow members of the union and your union leadership that has created an enviornment where one has to prove his innocents...Not the fans or media! Deal with it!

BT

I get your point, but I wouldn't go quite that far - I agree that they've contributed to the situation - but absent the specific, credible allegations in the MR against him, no one would be on his back.

It still comes down to why would MacNamee lie about it..........................

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted by CTChris on 11:28 AM

A little satire never hurts right??..:-)

www.fathersarducci.com/images/frsarducci.gif" width="201" />

Ahh, my good father, so you have been accused of taking...let's just say..."too active of an interest in members of your boys choir" huh? Well, my friend, I'm afraid that automatically makes you guilty until proven innocent. Hey, don't blame us if that's the way we see things. The skeptisism is warranted. We're just taking the broader view of this. How about instead of blaming others and making statements about how unfair this process is, you and your supporters recognize that your peers are the reason that you are having to prove your innocents...Look to your fellow priests that have tarnished our profession and the Diocese that allowed it to happen. They are the ones that have created an enviornment where one has to prove his innocents...Of course I know your a man of the cloth, but that doesn't matter. You see, because others like us have done those types of wrong things in the past, the presumption is you're guilty if you are charged. Considering the actions of others, it's fair we view you this way isn't it??

Please, just deal with it. Then, get a good lawyer, say 10 Hail Mary's and be glad you're not a Postal worker.

Signed with very little faith in you,

Father Guido Sarducci

Chris

I'm confused

I don't know whether to giggle or shake my head

it seemed sad, funny and true all at the same time............

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Alright Goose !! Congrats !!! It's kind of funny. People talk about Roger having an ego but you should hear the Goose. Nothing wrong with his either. LOL Must be a pitcher thing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

And, from another guy who apparently has an ugly soul

haha this is going to get some miles

LOL looks like it. Although Lu ........it isn't for folks who disagree or think Clemens is guilty. It is for people who use their dislike of Clemens as a person as proof that he is guilty.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Just finished reading PA's blog and the comments. It is nice to see that there are more people besides myself that feel the way I do. Even PA himself. Anyway, one of the comments brought up a good point. A lot of people were wondering why Knoblach was invited to the hearings next week. Out of all the people named. But if you were aware of his invovlement in the scandal with McNamee down in FL, it sounds like he could be asked questions about that and McNamee's character. Not sure that is why, but it makes sense. Pettitte, Clemens and Knobby were all associated with McNamee. It sounds like this isn't a hearing about steriods per se but about these 3 and McNamee. Was that Met's dealer asked? Radonowski or whatever his name is? Seems to me, if you are investigating steriods in MLB he was the big dealer. Why isn't he going to be there? All interesting questions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Diva,

Could it also be that Knoblach is the "smoking gun"?

Yes, that could also be true BT. I think the hearings next week are going to be telling. In more ways then one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted by CTChris '' I'll tell ya what I miss. Baseball talk. I miss the debate over who should bat where. I'd much rather talk about the potential the Sox have next year and in comparison to how the Yanks stack up.

sure you would chris, most of us would

it's just that some of us want to wait for Hank to make his move 1st

the potential the Sox have next year and in comparison to how the Yanks stack up.

if no move made --- no debate

if nyy gets a vet SP ---- great debate

nyy get johan ------------ no debate, and a lot less sox fans will want one ;-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted by CTChris '' you will find a way to try and make us doubt what we have :-).''

I hope so, Chris

in the good ole days we could count on you doing that on your own :-)

With Santana, I think it might become a much more even playing field to the Yankees for the 08 season.

let me say it a little bigger

nyy get johan -----

------- no debate, and a lot less sox fans will want one

now please don't make me say it in CAPS

3) Gibson HR off him in '84 WS.

add the one he had off eck

and you have to tip your cap to gibson

that's 2 pretty good days

brett owned goose, plus a few other pitchers in his day

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

Now, if that doesn't raise a bit of discussion, I give up :-)

LOL, I'm just sitting here wondering if you will get on of these

''BT, I really don't care what your opinion is.''

Sections
Shortcuts