1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

breakingnews.jpg from the desk of twm

pzac can't spell

jeez I thought everyone knew that by now

right after nathen is dealt-Who the F is nathen?

statments back to back-What the hell is a statment?

10 minutes latter-What the hell is a latter?

are you that shallow ?

do you really need proper spelling to understand what I said

or are you playing out some fantasy

that you are some old cranky english teacher

Mean Teacher.jpg

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Dem Yanks

warning this post not only contains my opinion it also includes some of BT's

GM BT

Just a question one that has been on my mind for sometime now....Do you think that Hank & Hal will continue to run the team or once dad has passed, do they sell? I get a sense that they're trying to get the books in order.

no idea about selling, chances are they will have to sell either the team or yes network

for tax reasons but

I'm thinking hank is starting to like the job more than he thought he would

but yeah hal is definitly trying to get the books in order.

Otherwise, I find it hard to believe that they are holding off on trying to close this deal in order to keep a couple of bondermans...Something here just doesn't seem to be adding up?

let's not under rate the size of this deal

it's a big one and take big ones to go for it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Macs, I agree with you. I have completely enjoyed eating my Wheaties out of my Josh box. And like you, I'm ready to move onto some good baseball stuff...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

The records released Tuesday by the St. Petersburg police show McNamee was suspected of raping a woman he had met at the Renaissance Vinoy Resort in October 2001. The Yankees were in town to close out the regular season against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, and many players and support staff were staying at the upscale resort.

McNamee was having sex with the woman in the resort's pool and didn't stop when confronted by security, the documents say. Police were notified. When they arrived, they found McNamee had helped the woman out of the pool and get dressed, according to the documents. Groggy and incoherent, she was taken to the hospital, where the documents said she was found to have GHB, the "date-rape drug," in her system.

The woman told detectives she could not remember details of the encounter in the pool. She said she did not give McNamee permission to have sex with her, and witnesses told detectives they had heard her saying "no" during the encounter, according to the documents.

Detectives later recovered some of her jewelry, an empty beer can and a water bottle containing GHB at the side of the pool.

Police interviewed McNamee hours later, according to the documents, and he denied having sex with the woman or knowing Yankees batting practice pitcher, Charles Wonsowicz, who was also in the pool. McNamee refused to submit a saliva sample for DNA analysis, the documents said.

Although the state attorney's office decided not to press charges, the accusations ended McNamee's career with the Yankees.

The Yankees did not give a specific reason for terminating McNamee.

Clemens then hired McNamee as his personal trainer. According to the pitcher's lawsuit, McNamee told him that his actions were "actually a life-saving attempt."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Yes CP. I feel I can't comment too much anymore as everyone is getting a little sick of it all. But I thought everyone should see that. Btw......it sounds as if so much info is coming out at once Congress needs more time to digest it, which is why I feel the hearings are postponed for now, although another reason could come out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

This story was posted last night (TWM)...the guy is definately not someone I would want my daughter to be alone with (though I don't have one)...Is this post to reinforce what we all know already?

Sorry BT....read last nights posts and didn't see it. I will let you draw your own conclusions. You all know what I think. :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Diva,

No worries...Is this post to reinforce what we all know already?

Well this was a new article. Posted yesterday. Not an old one from 01. And just in case anyone forgot exactly what type of person they are basing their conclusions on , I felt it was important to get the info out there again.

I am not ready to assume guilt or innocense..I am merely a skeptic...

I haven't reached a conclusion yet either. But I certainly am not basing my decision of what that man said. More along the lines of what went on during that time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I'mnot sure how much that story helps Roger. Who's worse? The alleged rapist, or the guy that hires the alleged rapist? Just imvho.

If you were a woman you would know the answer to that. But it does make you wonder what was going through Roger's mind. It was not a good choice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Message # 42696.510
    Posted by Beantowne on 3:05 PM

Good Afternoon Diva,

This story was posted last night (TWM)...the guy is definately not someone I would want my daughter to be alone with (though I don't have one)...Is this post to reinforce what we all know already?

BT
    this story has been posted here multiple times now on this thread since the MR was released, and I expect we'll see it a few more times before everybody goes to Florida.......
    even tho Roger is a character reference for the guy - he did hire him, take him into his home, consider him a friend, evidently there's a concern that some people might be fooled into thinking he's an upstanding citizen - like Roger was.................

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Dem Yanks

papi001

"Seeing as the Pats have become dem Yanks..."

PATRIOTS:

Brady's salery is less than he could get on other teams so there will be more money to buy more players

Bruschi took a home town discount

Moss took a gigantic pay cut to play with the Patriots

Salary cap in football

YANKS:

Biggest payroll in baseball

A-Rod's salary

Clemens salary, etc., etc.

The Pats are like the Yanks how?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

A congressman said he didn't like that Roger Clemens (r.) taped a conversation with Brian McNamee on Jan. 4.
    One of the congressmen who will interrogate Roger Clemens next week blasted the pitcher's efforts to discredit his former trainer Brian McNamee, calling the attempt "sleazy."

Joey

I've been in and out the last few days so I may have missed it, but I don't recall seeing much reaction (especially from the pro-Roger folks) on the issue of sending his PIs down to interrogate interview MacNamee. Or Roger's Linda Tripp impersonation - you know how everybody was so horrifed that someone would tape a conversation with a friend and then go public with the tape............

Now MacNamee's lawyer is pushing to get the whole transcript of the interview released - supposedly MacNamee re-iterates that he's telling the truth about Clemens' PED use and his PIs are asking what it would take to get him to change his story....................

who knows (until the transcript comes out) what was said and done, but it sure don't look good for Roger

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I thought that meant you believed MacNamee got away with raping her.........................

That is what I believe. That doesn't mean it's true.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Here is what I can't understand. You have no problem thinking Clemens is guilty, so you are defending a drug pusher? Does that make sense to you? Clemens may be no angel and it is possible he did do HGH or steriods. But because you think he is guilty people around here are defending McNamee like he is some freakin kind of angel. The man is a sleeze. Maybe Roger is too but it doesn't make McNamee any less of a sleeze. Defending McNamee is like defending Manson. He may not have actually done the crime, but he was the one who set the crime in motion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Let me put it this way, IMO Congress should give them ALL immunity, Then have their hearing and find out JUST WHAT THE HE'LL CAN BE DONE TO FIX BASEBALL. Whats done is done. I don't want to see congress going in looking to put someone in jail (like Bonds) Give them immunity and if some of them have to recant what they have already said publicly? So be it, They will have to take the hit for that.

If they have no immunity and Lie, this could go on for years. (they will be caught in lies) Lets get it over with and PLAY BALL

I agree whole heartedly. This is ridiculous.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted by yankee_diva on 7:55 AM

I thought that meant you believed MacNamee got away with raping her.........................

That is what I believe. That doesn't mean it's true.

That's what I thought you meant
    my point was - how is that any different than all the people who believe Roger is guilty, even though the truth is in question?
    Now, I'm not saying the alleged offenses are equivalent - certainly not - but the reactions seem to be - it's ok, maybe moral even, to assume MacNamee is guilty, but wrong to assume the same about Roger
    that was the gist of my double-standardish comment...................

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Message # 42696.570
    Posted by CTChris on 8:21 AM

Hey Pete,

so you're saying MacNamee is guilty of raping the woman, even though he gave a DNA sample and was not prosecuted -

Not for anything, but the article says he refused to give a DNA sample....

Police interviewed McNamee hours later, according to the documents, and he denied having sex with the woman or knowing Yankees batting practice pitcher, Charles Wonsowicz, who was also in the pool. McNamee refused to submit a saliva sample for DNA analysis, the documents said.

thanks Chris - I misread the post

I guess if the police liked him for a suspect, they could've compelled him to provide a swab - it still works in that sense.

But my post was incorrect

opinions are one thing, but I do appreciate helping me get the facts staight ....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted by yankee_diva on 8:18 AM

Let me put it this way, IMO Congress should give them ALL immunity, Then have their hearing and find out JUST WHAT THE HE'LL CAN BE DONE TO FIX BASEBALL. Whats done is done. I don't want to see congress going in looking to put someone in jail (like Bonds) Give them immunity and if some of them have to recant what they have already said publicly? So be it, They will have to take the hit for that.

If they have no immunity and Lie, this could go on for years. (they will be caught in lies) Lets get it over with and PLAY BALL

I agree whole heartedly. This is ridiculous.

I think that Congress asking individual players what they did is silly........of course they'll just be grandstanding like they usually do.................

they could serve a useful role in this whole thing, perhaps even a vital role.....

they should bring Fehr & Selig in and tell them basically:

you've got till opening day to agree to strict testing, (random, unannounced blood tests right away), and severe penalties - 1st offense 50 game suspension or full season suspension, loss of 2 yrs service time, second offense - banishment and relinquish their pension................negotiated and in the CBA - or else we'll take away your anti-trust expemption and we'll legistlate what the rules and penalties will be for you.....

otherwise, it could be years before anyting meaningful gets actually implemented in the CBA...............

I'm afraid this is gonna be THE story, at least until Minny announces they've signed a certain lefty to a 5 yr contract extension........................

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

forget the steroids

finally some baseball news

www.espn.com/mlb/Santana/index.com

looks like Santana is ready to sign a 5 yr, $110M contract extension with the Twins

sorry folks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I think Lidocaine is a local, so it sounds pretty silly to inject Lidocaine for your joints into your butt - it just doesnt pass the giggle test imho..............

Roger explained on monday that it was in his lower back right above the butt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

What we have are newspaper reports - nothing more. Certainly not proof of anything. If those reports are true, it is unimaginable why this guy was not proscecuted, convicted, incarcerated and "welcomed" in the prison fraternity..

Newspaper reports from Police reports.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Here is a question for you all. I was out with friends last night. Yankee fans. After we all discussed Clemens and the recent events we have all come to the same conclusions. To a person. Which I express here as you all know. LOL And after reading comments on PA's site I see they think the same way also. Now why do you think that yankee fans and sox fans think the polor opposite? Is it the sox fans dislike of Clemens the total reason? I wonder what fans of other teams think. If anyone has the time, which I don't today, maybe it would be interesting to see what they have to say on their message boards.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Here is a question for you all. I was out with friends last night. Yankee fans. After we all discussed Clemens and the recent events we have all come to the same conclusions. To a person. Which I express here as you all know. LOL And after reading comments on PA's site I see they think the same way also. Now why do you think that yankee fans and sox fans think the polor opposite?

wow that's an easy one - the Yank fans are all delusional.............

what's PA's site?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

wow that's an easy one - the Yank fans are all delusional.............

LOL......maybe we are. PA is Peter Abraham. TWM posts alot from his blog. I have to go over there every once in a while to get a dose of yankee reality.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

The National media and fans across the country when polled say Roger is guilty of using roids by over 70%.

Could you post the link so that I may look at it then.

Yankee fans appear split on the issue if you follow their forums.

You must go to more yankee forums then I do. I just go to one and it was not split. But there are quite a few who are undecided as I am.

guess the number of Yankee players(11-13) on roids in the late 90's when they were winning is false as well.

The only one who I know who has admitted using anything is Pettitte and Giambi. The others who were named in the report have not been proved. Unless you know of some other report besides the MItchell report.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

will be on when I can folks....and Diva....keep fighting the good fight my dear!

LOL thanks CP. I am about all fought out though. ( I think, hehe ) I figure this might rest a while until Clemens and Pettitte and all go before Congress. Unless something new comes out. Of course we have Selig and co. going in front of them next week. I would just as soon talk baseball too, but I don't quite know what to say. The yankees pretty much have the same guys except for pitching and no one really knows what they will do. There has been nothing happening on either teams. I can't get too excited about the other teams. Only about 30 days til spring training though. I can't wait.......it hardly seems possible. Last year's season seems like only yesterday. You have all been very nice putting up with my roid rants. LOL As you can see when I feel passionate about something, I tend to go on and on. I am like that with baseball too.

Sections
Shortcuts