1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

CP, you do realize that as long as Grandma's in town, you're not gonna get near that little lady of yours...unless she's stinky, of course!

Is your little doll the first grandbaby?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Geez, I'm begining to understand where DIva is coming from. I made the mistake to put my 2 cents in on something that didn't make sense to me re: Clemens/McNamee and "wwsf "& "quint" acted like they wanted to jump my bones over it. Some folks up top are a bit too obsessed over this whole thing. They're acting like they will die if they are wrong...in a way it's kinda funny...but not really....sad & pathetic is a better description the way I see it.

Those two are exactly what I have been dealing with. You can't say anything without those two jumping down your throat like theirs are the only opinions that matter. Wwsf also makes it his business to interject what you are thinking !!! As if he is in your head. Too bad he is always 100% wrong. I gave up responding to him. They also make up facts to suit their arguement, like Mac's kid is dying of cancer, which he isn't. It is beyond pathetic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Diva, what really struck me as the most idiotic about Roger's constant harping about Lidocaine is that the stuff only lasts for an hour or so. I know because that's what they use before they do stiches or it's mixed with some cosmetic injections to lessen the pain. Works real fine for about an hour, if that, than it hurts like the devil. What's he going to say next, that the dude was injecting him between innings? Because that's the only way it would work.

Well Cat, I don't think Roger is the only ball player that injects Lidocaine. So it must do something for them. But not having any medical background I can only surmise.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Morning CP. I've been pretty good. Haven't been around a whole lot because I've been trying to get some stuff taken care of & because I don't have a whole lot of interest in getting involved in the steroids conversation. I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing well & that the little princess is quite a hit with the family! First grandkid, first child---that little girl will certainly not want for anything!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

'He hardly sounds like trade bait but then again you never know.
    Melk-man' to be delivered a Thurman
    Yanks' center fielder, four others recognized for philanthropy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Message # 42696.618
    Posted by Bologma on Jan-10 9:01 PM
    Kennedy: Member Of '04 Red Sox Used PEDs
    On the drive home tonight, from work, I caught the very last minutes of The Show on X-Radio (MLB Home Plate) with Rob Dibble and Kevin Kennedy.

At that time, Kevin Kennedy was addressing a caller who had some thoughts on the Mitchell Report.

I was pretty surprised at what Kennedy had to say there. In wanting to make a point about the Mitchell Report not being the all-inclusive bible of naming PED users, Kevin Kennedy said that a current colleague of his, who was with the Boston Red Sox in 2004, told him that he (the colleague) witnessed, for a fact, a member of the '04 Red Sox injecting himself in the buttocks with a needle full of PEDs. Kennedy said that the user is no longer a member of the Red Sox - but, he was a player on the team that won the ring in 2004. As per Kennedy, his colleague said that the "user" was giving a demo (to the "colleague") on how to do the injection.

It's pretty interesting that Kennedy would throw this out there, in the last few minutes of a radio broadcast. I wonder if anyone will pick up on it? Too bad George Mitchell missed this one.
    I don't doubt his story - but just so people are clear - this is the classic example of "hearsay" Kennedy has no direct knowledge that the player injected......
    it would be interesting to see the follow up, which is clearly in order..........
    I have XM too, but I find it pretty hard to listen to Dibbs and Kennedy......does the phrase bag of hammers ring a bell..............

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I don't doubt his story - but just so people are clear - this is the classic example of "hearsay" Kennedy has no direct knowledge that the player injected......

So in other words, it has enough merit to make the Mitchell report.

LOL......very good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Not unless he was a former yankee. LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted by CTChris on 10:14 AM

So in other words, it has enough merit to make the Mitchell report.

Technically no. I'm not an expert on the entire Mitchell report so that may apply in some cases, but as far as McNamee goes, that was not hearsay testimony he gave. that was (supposed) first hand knowledge of the incident(s).

Hearsay is when sombody says "X person told me they saw..." First hand testimony is "I saw..." See the difference?

No biggy, nobody would doubt the RS story, but as far as I know, the Mitchell report does not have "hearsay" implications of individuals in it. It only has so-called first hand knowledge....am I wrong on that??

Chris
    you've got it exaclty right........the resonse was only funny if they know it's not true...
    this is just another silly attempt to undermine the report. Why didn't Mitchell name all the others suspected of using? because all he had was hearsay on other folks. If he names people based on hearsay, it undermines the credibility of the report where he has actual "direct testimony" and corroborating paper trail.
    He had no subpeona power, the MLBPA ensured no players cooperated, there was not much anyone could of reasonably expected him to accomplish. He met that expectation.
    Nobody believes it is comprehensive. Nobody is asserting that the Yanks were the only team involved - in fact the report names many non-NYY players.........
    but some people still want to stick their fingers in their ears, scrunch their eyes closed really tight (that's not the only thing I suspect is being a little too tightly clenched) and pretend that because the report is not perfect, the information in it is not true.........
    Roger is a legend (he was my favorite sox player since Rico Petrocelli) and it's sad to witness what's happening, but the inability (probably more accurately, unwillingness) of some to distinguish between a fact and an opinion is either disturbing or hillarious, perhaps depending on the size of our lead over the less virtuous team from the SW...........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Message # 42696.641
    Posted by Bologma on 11:30 AM
    If say, Mitchell had found out from Kennedy who the player was with first hand knowledge and confirmed the story, do you think it'd be in the report?
    Based on what actually happened in the investigation, here's what I suppose would happen under your hypothetical
    If Kennedy told Mitchell who he heard the story from, and Mitchell went to that individual and he told Mitchell "I saw RED SOX soandso using HGH"; Mitchell would've offered soandso a chance to come in and give his side of the story. Soandso would've declined his invitation, and Mitchell would've named him in the report, along with detailing the means by which the information came to light, and also that he offered the soandso a chance to come in and talk with him, and soandso declined the invitation....................

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Roger is a legend (he was my favorite sox player since Rico Petrocelli) and it's sad to witness what's happening, but the inability (probably more accurately, unwillingness) of some to distinguish between a fact and an opinion is either disturbing or hillarious, perhaps depending on the size of our lead over the less virtuous team from the SW...........

So far the only fact to come out about Roger is Mac saying he used them. Am I at least correct on that? That isn't an opinion.......Mac actually said that. If Mac says the sky is green, then it must be fact. If Mac says Pete is purple and grows potatoes in his ears then that must be fact correct? Or could it be an opinion? How would I know unless he backed it up with more then just what he said? If he had a picture of Pete and it showed him being purple and I saw potato sprouts growing out of his ears, the I would have to accept what he said was fact. But without it, I have nothing but his word to go on, now do I? What you see as a fact .......Mac saying Clemens used. But how do you know that is a fact? Because he told it to Mitchell? Anyone can lie. Because he told it under oath? People have lied then too. Take Bonds for instance. Is it because they said he would be jailed if he didn't? Well....I would say anything to not be jailed. Others have also. Is it a fact because Pettitte did it? Well, Pettitte hasn't said he saw Clemens do it. If he does, that would certainly lend credit to Mac's statement. But just beause Pettitte did, doesn't automatically mean Clemens did. So now.....am I disturbing.....or just hilarious? That too would be an opinion. LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

...but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt

Ahhhhhhh very good of you Chris. The benefit of the doubt. I appreciate it. And anyone who has ever deserved one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

So far the only fact to come out about Roger is Mac saying he used them. Am I at least correct on that? That isn't an opinion.......

These are facts.

Roger hired MacNamee to be his personal trainer

Grimsley fingered MacNamee to the feds

MacNamee busted for selling steroids

MacNamee agrees to cooperate for immunity - the only way he risks going to jail is if he provides false testimony to the feds or Mitchell..............

MacNamee claims he injected Clemens and Pettitte. (this is slightly different than, as you wrote "Mac saying he used them")

Pettitte admits to using PEDs, providing at least some measure of credibility to MacNamee's testimony

Roger claims he never used PEDs (as evidenced by the fact that he doesn't have a third ear growing out of his forehead, and that he's not pulling tractors with his teeth)

Mac actually said that. If Mac says the sky is green, then it must be fact. If Mac says Pete is purple and grows potatoes in his ears then that must be fact correct?

I said these things are facts - not necessarily that they are true. It's also a fact that Roger claims he never used PEDs. Roger claims that Mac injected him with Licocaine & B-12. It is a fact that Roger made those claims. It doesn't prove them true, anymore than Macs claims have not yet been proven true.

We're back to which version of events is more believable. Absent Roger or Mac recanting and admitted that they lied, it will probably, ultimately be a question of people looking at all the accumulated facts, and determining which version of events is believable

So now.....am I disturbing.....or just hilarious? That too would be an opinion. LOL

you got that part right lol - by the way, that reference was in response to, I believe it was Bologma's post, that said well if it's hearsay, it's good enough to go in the Mitchell Report.................I wouldn't use those adjectives to describe you - I 'd say passionate and misguided are more appropriate, and nicer...................

What did you think of the story about Roger sending private investigators to interview Mac before the Mitchell report was released?? I think I got those facts right - I'll double check them if in question.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted by CP_GOSOX on 12:28 PM

Chris

How ya doing...tired here...was up very early and it now appears that things have changed on the ship and my replacement could be heading home....and me heading over....:( First of next month if it goes down....ticked off to say the least.

Bad break CP

may you enjoy every minute you have with AG_Papi until you deploy, and then know that you'll be in the thoughts and prayers of a lot of folks as you serve your faimily, country and allies in the name of freedom

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Jeez you took this way too serious after I had already said it was a joke and after saying I was openly in the 'Roger did the roids' a long time ago.

Sorry B - I missed the boat on both counts............

And really, if you think it takes any effort to undermine an 'independant' report on steroids in baseball conducted by a member of the board of directors of a baseball team who stand to benefit financially from baseball and has been firmly in the camp of baseball owners for years than I've got to question who's being silly. This isn't just a Sox/Yankees thing.

People can poke holes at it all they want, but the report is basically the work of the Feds in the Balco and Grimsley cases.......

It wasn't an indepenant report, it was commissioned by MLB.

Mitchell was picked because of his political skills and reputation in DC - this was basically a political campaign................

It wasn't really an investigation, as Mitchell had no compulsory investigative powers - it was the least that could be done to (hopefully) mollify congress (we'll see if it works)

but the basic facts of the case had basically been developed by the feds in their previous criminal investigations into illegal steroid sales & possession

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Kinda boring for the off season, but good to know we're heading into the season without a ton of question marks.

not so fast - as ST nears, I predict our brown-ink friend and select others will be trying to convince us that we're choc full of question marks

where is his brownness anyway?

off to the gym

go pats

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Dem Yanks

Some Yankee fan, get on and answer me this question: Are the Yankees really still interested in Santana and will they make a real bid on him the next week or two? Our capable GM, Theo, seemed to be landlocked in these negotiations and is ignoring our other needs to get our team up to speed this season. Frankly, I don't think we need Santana, I don't want Santana if it is going to cost us Ellsbury and Lester, and I was hoping the Yankees would step in and either trade for Johan or try to get their friends in Queens to jump in and do it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted by CTChris on 3:40 AM

I don't understand why there are people saying Theo has dragged his feet this off season.....actually he has done pretty darn well.

Maybe it's just boredom setting in for some CP? Other than what has been done, I'm not sure of any real "difference maker" type player we missed out on. Santana is a difference maker, but he's still right where you said he'd be....in Minnesota. Was there another top of the rotation guy we missed out on? The only other player I would love to have is Salty. However, trying to trade him away from Texas just isn't going to happen with any reasonable deal. Look, we always have to try and improve, but I don't remember any real major improvement player that we missed out on. Lugo & Drew are basically unmovable, The best firstbaseman that I know of doesn't become a FA till next year, so Youk is fine. Ellsbury is set to take over in CF...etc,. Am I missing something?

GM Chris, CP & all

I agree we're in pretty good shape, but I would like to see an upgrade for Hinske and a rhh 4th OF

I like our team, but I'm not done looking over my shoulder - it's conceivable to me that the nyy starting pitching is reasonably improved over the first two months last year, and thier LH hitters don't outright suck for the first two months - they've got a roster that could win 100...........

if Sea manages to snag Bedard, that makes 2 teams in the west, along with 2 or 3 in the central, that could all be serious PO contenders.............

I'd love to see one more big piece - like Neshek or Guerrier for Coco + $, and maybe a 2nd tier prospect

our lineup is set, our starters are set, Beli is back - so we roll the dice again that Wake can give us 200 innings and win 15 or so games -

I figure Paps, Oki, MDC & Timlin are givens, and there are a few decent pieces to fill in the rest, but I'd love to see another shutdown guy out there.

as for the bench, Cora & Belli are set, so we need to get some versatility out of our last two spots - we could do worse than Moss & Keilty, but I'd like us to do better.....

Theo's got the big things done early and right, and I'd even say he's done the right thing by staying in the anti-Johan sweepstakes this long to frustrate nyy, even if it means we've still got work to do - but that doesn't prevent me from wanting it all

so Theo's got 4 tasks

1) do what it takes to keep Santana in Minn

2) get value in return for Coco

3) add depth to the pen

4) add versatility, speed & RHH to the bench

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Is that not the truth about next year.....BUC for sure and at least a replacement for Schill and possibly Wake.....

ah nothing like looking ahead to 09 already

Beckett, Matsuzaka, Lester, Buchholz & Wake, with Masterson or Bowden or Hagadone vying for the 5th spot this year or next....unless of course we wanted to add a LHP Free Agent after 08........................

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Dem Yanks

Theo really did an excellent job resigning Lowell, Schilling, Timlin and, I guess, Mirabelli, since apparently no other catchers were available without going through a trade which I don't think we wanted to do. However, there is still the Santana thing hanging in the air, and our need to get that fourth righthanded hitting outfielder, a replacement for Hinske who can play third and some first and another relief pitcher which everyone seems to think we could use.

Right now you seem to be right on the mark with your take that we may not even trade for Johan Santana, but, again, I still think we have allowed this to drag on much too long.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Dem Yanks

Listen CP, I felt the same way you did until I went out yesterday and bought a copy of "Baseball America". Fortunately, they took one division and broke it down into the best prospects of each team in that group, and, good fortune again, it was the American League East. Apparently, BA thinks the Red Sox have a helluva lot of good prospects and I got the impression if the team really did trade Ellsbury (a big bad mistake in my opinion), they think they have a guy who in three or four years could be the new CF for a long time, Ryan Kalish. Only problem is that he will be at Lancaster (Mid A-Ball) next year and even with a blitz through the system would not get to Boston until late 2010 at the earliest. That means a trade for someone who can hit for us out there or enduring two or three more seasons of Coco Crisp. Not a good scenario from where I sit.

Buy the magazine. There is some good reading in it. A close friend of mine is now Western Scouting Director for the Tampa Bay Rays, Fred Repke, and he signed Evan Longoria and some hard throwing lefty who are the Rays' first and third best prospects. Looks like my friend and I are on a collision course.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Dem Yanks

The only thing you are missing Chris is the fact that Jacoby Ellsbury may not be with us this season, something I have repeatedly said would impact our offense negatively all season since he is the prototype leadoff man, 300 hitting CF we need. Let's hope you are right, though, and Theo does not make the mistake of trading this kid. We will regret it if he does------regret it very much when we see Jacoby having a ROTY season for the Twins while Coco Crisp is hitting in the 240's and leaving tons of runners on base, and tanking big time when the Yankees come in for a big series.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Dem Yanks

We need to get our fourth outfielder signed----and we have one that hasn't signed yet, Bobby Kielty. We need someone to replace Eric Hinske at first and third. I'm a little disappointed that we had to take MIrabelli back since I believe there might be better options out there via trade, but since I expected it I am not surprised he was brought back.

Again, though, I hark back to the belief that our starting rotation, with the possible exception of a recently injured and aging Tim Wakefield, is very solid and could be even stronger if we can finally get Clay Bucholz into a regular spot. My hope would be that rotation would be more than enough for us to challenge for another run towards a title if our lineup does better than it did last year when some of our key players had off years. That is why we MUST NO TRADE Jacoby Ellsbury. I'm firmly convinced that this kid is the real deal, a 300 hitting CF who can steal 50-60 bases, give us the leadoff man we need to ignite the offense, and one who can be a very solid player for us for a long time. With him at leadoff and Pedroia at No. 2, we have a potent 1-2 punch at the top of the order, and then the big timber comes in Papi, Manny, Mike and a revived Drew. That we could have the solid hitting Youk at No. 7 stretches our lineup out very well and gives us a potent attack. Varitek should be adequate with proper rest, and Lugo, hopefully, will recover as well and give us a good No. 9 man at the bottom.

Without Ellsbury our whole lineup is weakened from top to bottom in my opinion----no decent leadoff man who can hit consistently and some of our better players hitting out of place. Just my opinion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted by CP_GOSOX on 10:33 AM

a bit of news...finally

I like this trade for the Jays if the trigger is pulled.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7665630

haven't heard much good about Rolen for awhile, if healthy, I like Glauss. I'm glad to see him go if it happens

go pats

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Dem Yanks

You've been right on the money so far CP. I just hope you continue to be right. We should not wade into the water any deeper than we already have.

Sections
Shortcuts