1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

No it doesn't make much sense Chris. But if the letter was sent to the union, maybe they did this in all the cases. And didn't pass it on.

it seems like the Union would be open to being sued by a bunch of players if that were the case. I can't imagine my legal representative withholding this type of information from me, unless his title was consiglierie............................

one has to believe some wildly improbable things to continuing believing in Roger's innocence....but that's why they call us fans.........................

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

also, Mitchell stated in his report that each player named was invited to come in with his lawyer, or MLBPA lawyer, so that Mitchell could provide him with the information he had gathered regarding the player, so he could have a chance to defend himself

And not one player showed up. Because the union and their advisors told them not to. It wasn't as if every player who was asked went except CLemens. NO ONE WENT !! And even the great Shilling who was not named but they just wanted to talk to wouldn't go.

so it's a stretch to say the Clemens didn't know ahead of time he was going to be in the report, especially since they went down and tape recorded an interview with MacNamee before hand...................

Did you read what Chris gave us a link for? Because if you had you would know why. Just because they taped Mac doesn't mean what he says is going to be in the report. They didn't see a copy of the report. They have no idea what Mitchell is going to put in the report. They don't know if he is even going to name names in the report. Not sure why that is so hard to understand.....they didn't write the report. Mac didn't either. Mitchell did.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

one has to believe some wildly improbable things to continuing believing in Roger's innocence....but that's why they call us fans.........................

Pete, don't you wonder why I am the only yankee fan still coming here now? That sentence seems to be questioning my sanity. I am not the only one that is waiting for all the facts to come out. You could very well be right. I admit that. But please..........respect me enough to not question my belief in the due process that is going on right now. I can think of a few people on the FB you might get along with great though. They also believe in guilty until proven innocent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

so it's a stretch to say the Clemens didn't know ahead of time he was going to be in the report, especially since they went down and tape recorded an interview with MacNamee before hand...................

Did you read what Chris gave us a link for? Because if you had you would know why. Just because they taped Mac doesn't mean what he says is going to be in the report. They didn't see a copy of the report. They have no idea what Mitchell is going to put in the report. They don't know if he is even going to name names in the report. Not sure why that is so hard to understand.....they didn't write the report. Mac didn't either. Mitchell did.

it's strikes me as Clintonesque (depends on what the meaning of is is) to say he didn't know what was going to be in the report.

Harden said we interviewed the guy and he told us basically what he told Mitchell - so one could say well maybe Mac wasn't telling us the truth, or maybe Mitchell would edit the report, so it's really true because we didn't know exaclty what words were going to end up in the report.....

but for Clemens to tell Mike Wallace that he had no idea what was going to be in the report, in light of Harden's interview saying "we knew what Mac told Mitchell" is misleading at best.

There's no way they weren't at least concerned that there were going to be some "false" damaging claims in the report - why not say that? "Yeah, we knew he was in trouble with the law and being pressured to say some things that weren't true, but we weren't sure if he actually did, or if they'd make it into the final report, since there wasn't any corroboration. We were such good friends, I took him into my family, I just didn't want to believe that he'd tell bold-faced lies like this and betray in an attempt to get immunity for his involvement with steroid..."

But, " I had no idea...."???

seems like a stretch - that's like my business manager telling me that we've just been audited by the IRS and he told them about all my unlawful deductions for strip clubs and hookers, and then I act surprised when I get the cops come to get me because I had no idea what was in the indictment....................

it's like my kid telling me I don't know what my report card is gonna be - she brings home 3 Fs and a D.......and her response is well I didn't know if I was gonna get 3 Fs or 4, so technically I didn't know.......................

both of those examples are total fiction............

I would like nothing better than to see Hardin release the tape he's got and have it prove MacNamee wrong and exonerate Roger - I loved the guy, you'll remember I was one of the most vocal hoping that he joined us last year (and the year before that)..........................

I would much rather see MacNamee in a cell and Roger on the talk show circuit as the re-annointed pitching legend, I'm just having a hard time envisioning that happening - and his lawyers and interviews aren't helping much

but

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Even Vic doesn't come on this thread very much Macs. It is as if Dem Yanks has suddenly turned into Dem Sox with special guest appearances. Who would have ever thought that Clemens......who isn't even a yankee or a sox......just a pitcher........could do this much damage to this thread. Or maybe it is just the responses people are getting now. Seems to be a lot of bickering. Hopefully that will change in the future. Once baseball really starts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Thursday, Feb. 14: Valentine's Day. Pitchers and catchers report. You will fall in love all over again.

I liked this part CP.......it is so true. Every year.....no matter what.......I always fall in love with baseball all over again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Who are you trying so hard to convince.......me or you Pete ? Because if it is me, I already explained my position.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted by yankee_diva on 11:55 AM

Pete, don't you wonder why I am the only yankee fan still coming here now?
    I just thought things are slow.............
    That sentence seems to be questioning my sanity. I am not the only one that is waiting for all the facts to come out. You could very well be right. I admit that. But please..........respect me enough to not question my belief in the due process that is going on right now.
    Diva
    respectfully, you're taking this way too seriously.......................this has got nothing to do with due process - Roger is not being charged with a crime, there is no indictment, no warrant, no criminal proceeding, nor will there be unless somebody lies under oath...
    It's not about your sanity either - not seeing things clearly, or even the same as another, says nothing about one's sanity.
    It's like you're making it up that I'm saying horrible things about you - nowhere did I call you insane, or question your belief in due process.................................
    You've known me long enough to know that I'm not a FB hater, and I respect you. I'm sorry if you don't like what I'm saying, but that's just part of the free give and take.....
    sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't. But besides making fun of Larry, pretty much all we do is agree or disagree with other's opinions here.........
    Here's a clue that you're over the line, you're better than this.............
    I can think of a few people on the FB you might get along with great though. They also believe in guilty until proven innocent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

looks like no fun in mudsville

there's got to be a charlie brown picture out there of him all alone on the mound, and everybody else took their gloves and bats and went home................

we need a trade, or a good rumor or even a walton on the impact of changes in the strike zone on OBP...................

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Shoot, we need some actual BB news to happen. I hate to see it getting down to the level of the FB around this thread. I feel like I should lead the group in a hand-holding round of Kumbyah or something! C'mon guys...can't we agree that we're not going to all see it eye to eye on the Roger thing & let it go?

Cripes...I'd even take some news about a certain lefty from Minnesota to change the topic!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Well, that's not particularly shocking news. I figured if they were going to do it, they would have pulled the trigger already. Goes right in line with your thoughts that he will stay where he is this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

You've been holding steady on that since the beginnign CP. Heck, you were right about evyerhing else, so I've just been going with what you say on this one as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

A well known and beloved person in our town died yesterday. I think some of you might remember him also. At least us older folks. He used to come into the local pub I go to. He will be sadly missed around here.

Former Dodger Johnny Podres dies
    Pitched Brooklyn to only World Series title in 1955

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

never knew he worked with schill

I try not to hold that against him CP.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

When I can stop saying this, and hear less nonsense, I'll be back.

Eloi!  Yesh'li ca-sheel ba-rosh sheh-li!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

macs, you might find it more translatable in this form
     Mo Dhia!  Ta' tua sa mo cheann.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Declare this a PED free zone?

I second that one Macs!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

I know how alot of people feel about Schill, but if you check out 38pitches.com, he's got a super nice post about Johnny Podres.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I know how alot of people feel about Schill, but if you check out 38pitches.com, he's got a super nice post about Johnny Podres.

The published what Shilling said about Podres on his blog in the morning paper here. There had to have been about 6 articles on Podres. If you would like to read them go to www.poststar.com.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Morning Diva. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

LOL, I feel like I did, everytime I read half the posts here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

Here's something for you YD,
    http://slidingintohome.blogspot.com/2007/12/new-yankee-stadium-construction-update.html

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Wow....I can't believe how much they have already done Joe !! Thanks.........Since I have been almost banned about talking about the most controversial thing that is happening in baseball right now, I don't know what more I can say on this yankee's thread anymore at the moment. At least that was something I can think about. Baseball in the near future.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

It's been a really bad day for Miguel Tejada. I heard on the radio on the way home that his older brother Freddy was killed in a motorcycle accident in the Dominican today.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

That's what I thought as well CP.

On another note, good read about Buch--there's also some info about the rookies training at Boston College on bdc.

Sections
Shortcuts