1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Here's the link. It's good to hear about some of our kids coming up

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2008/01/15/encouraging_prospects_for_red_sox/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

In short Diva, as far as I'm concerned, say what you want when you want. You won't get any complaints from me...I've learned my lesson and realize that until the game starts getting played again, this is all there is so we may as well address it to the point of beating it to death, declare it dead, bury it and then wait until it becomes fertilizer. At least then, there won't be anything else to say about it unless some sort of revelation occurs.

Thank you Chris. I understand that it has been talked to death. And right now there isn't much to add. But it is the top topic at this moment and it is hard not to talk about. As for the hearings yesterday I didn't see them, I just read highlights on various new reports. Sounds to me like not much happened. Except for Tejada, which was pretty big. That surprised me. I am sure when the players go up the hill things will get a little more intense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I found this interesting and don't remember it being mentioned yesterday. ( typical ) And if I had heard about it 3 years ago I had forgotten it. Here is a part of the article. If you would like to read it all here is the link.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AjwKD3kdKdVfS.YomIpNhs0RvLYF?slug=jo-testingoddities111408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

While Mark McGwire was playing the clumsy Cardinal at the 2005 Congressional hearings, commissioner Bud Selig proved an artful dodger, managing to avoid disclosing that Major League Baseball had seen a list of 104 players who federal authorities believed had tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003.

It is one of two revelations buried deep in the Mitchell Report and overlooked in the frenzy over allegations that Roger Clemens used steroids. Congress could revisit both issues Tuesday in a new round of hearings that will include testimony from Selig, union chief Donald Fehr and former Sen. George Mitchell.

In early 2004, after records were seized that federal authorities believed could identify which players had tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs during the so-called "survey testing" in 2003, MLB and the players' union cut a deal: MLB postponed any testing of the 104 players until the union notified them that they had tested positive in 2003 and were vulnerable to government search warrants.

It took the players' union until September to inform all the players, according to the Mitchell Report, meaning known offenders went nearly the entire season without a drug test. And when union officials finally got around to telling the players they had tested positive the previous year, one current unidentified player said he got a heads-up that the next round of testing would occur within two weeks. The Mitchell Commission looked into allegations that other players got advance notice of the drug tests but the report includes no additional confirmation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

Interesting, so it took the MLPA several months to contact players and let them know that they were subject to testing due to the fact that they failed a test the previous season, and the time frame involved was permitted by Selig. Anyone who thinks that Selig and Fehr aren't guilty of conspiracy, and possible obstruction is likely smoking some really goos sh! t. They knew what was going on, and allowed a whole season to play out before doing anything.
    This is a union who can locate every player and within within minutes lodge an official protest should the owners decide to remove a TV from the lounge and change the postgame buffet menu.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

not baseball, but also just as ridiculous

from Randy Moss

ôI want to make something clear,ö the Patriots wide receiver said whilesurrounded by reporters and cameras at his locker. ôIn my whole entirelife of living 30 years, IÆve never put my hand on one woman,physically or in an angry manner.ö

I guess he forgot about the incident where he used his car to push a female traffic cop out of his way while with the Vikings, that or he's just being literal when he says he never put his hand on a woman.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Yes Joe......and Congress let it pass. They aren't interested in doing anything except looking like they were interested. Find a scapegoat........ a player........we did our job. Selig and Fehr just sat around and said yes we need to take some of the blame like good little comrades and get off scott free.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

Whats distressing is that when all these politicians get done jockeying for camera time and sound bites for the ADD society we have have become that nothing will really change. Selig and Fehr will ride off into the sunset counting their money, a few players will get burned, and no one will ever know the truth about any of this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I guess he forgot about the incident where he used his car to push a female traffic cop out of his way while with the Vikings, that or he's just being literal when he says he never put his hand on a woman.

I think that was him actually being what he thought was coy and literal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Whats distressing is that when all these politicians get done jockeying for camera time, and sound bites for the ADD society we have have become that nothing will really change. Selig and Fehr will ride off into the sunset counting their money, a few players will get burned, and no one will ever know the truth about any of this.

Exactly......so what was the use?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Good to see I am not the only one who thought yesterdays hearings were a joke Diva.

The tough questions weren't asked from what I understand CP. The bigwigs get a pass. It doesn't matter that they did everything they could to cover up what they knew. They are practically absolved of any involvement.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

GM all. Thanks for the link to Hughe's blog Chris. I added it to my favs so I can keep up with it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I found this an interesting read. Just thought I would pass it along since we are all reaching for something baseball related at this point.
    Top rookies are taught life lessons
    By Tim Brown, Yahoo! Sports

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AjSO6GuPvYX26tJ0mQiPDj8RvLYF?slug=ti-rookieorientation011608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

YD, nice article. Half of the guys with 1 yr of MLB service never make it to 2 years. I guess some people would consider doing anything to get that 2nd yr, and as many more as they can.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

YD, nice article. Half of the guys with 1 yr of MLB service never make it to 2 years. I guess some people would consider doing anything to get that 2nd yr, and as many more as they can.

I agree Joe. When you think about the money, a player might do anything to make it past that one year. When you consider these guys have dreamed of this their whole lives. Their families and they have probably sacrificed to get them to that place. Then you could understand them wanting an edge. I am not saying it is right. But you can certainly understand it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

And because he has done such a bang up job so far............

Selig's term extended through 2012
    Three-year extension ratified at Thursday's owner's meeting

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

This board being a little slow today, I decided to take a walk over to the Patriots discussion board. And lo and behold......what did I find??? But a wealth of people using the "innocent until proven guilty" line about Randy Moss. LOL......I couldn't believe it !!!! Funny how that works when it is a member of your team, but when it isn't ........that line goes out the window. Why am I surprised though........you really should go check it out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Oh here is my favorite quote off the Pats board on Randy Moss.....LOL......

Are you naive enough to think that no person ever makes a false allegation ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I know this is totally off topic right now, but has anyone heard from TWM or Zac? I am starting to worry about them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

YD, last I heard they were on their way to Hadleyville, KS to meet at noon in a duel to settle their differences over the kids. I'm just not sure which one of them is Wil Kane, and which is Frank Miller.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

YD, last I heard they were on their way to Hadleyville, KS to meet at noon in a duel to settle their differences over the kids. I'm just not sure which one of them is Wil Kane, and which is Frank Miller.

LOL Joe.........guess I better email them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I still don't like this Japan trip to open the season, but others have done before and showed no major effects from it so...whatever

Actually Chris, the year the yankees started out their season there was a disaster. Giambi came back with some kind of parasite I believe and I can't remember who else, Mussina maybe , but quite a few of them were sick after that. And they experienced quite a lag for a while. Tell them to stay away from the sashimi. GM btw. :-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Ahhhhhh thanks Vic. I try to forget about Brown as much as possible. LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

diva,

A clear sign that people have pretty much had it with you beating this drum to death is when you have to reply to your own post.

Nuff already...........

Again 04 if you don't like my posts then don't read them. Or better yet..........STFU.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I thought some of you might want to read this. Podres was laid to rest yesterday. And Shilling showed up to pay his respects. As did a few others you will know of.

http://www.poststar.com/articles/2008/01/18/news/local/13264880.txt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

That pretty much removes any doubt of your pedigree Diva.

Yes, and yours is so stellar 04. Stalking and ragging on me.