1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Dem Yanks

I keep saying that it was time for Torre to go. All my respect to the man, but he seems to have lost touch with somethings. I am still not sold on Girardi, but we will see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

I keep saying that it was time for Torre to go. All my respect to the man, but he seems to have lost touch with somethings. I am still not sold on Girardi, but we will see.

I have to agree Jessey, although I will always respect Torre and what he did. He was getting to complacent. The team needed some new blood. Someone who could shake things up a little. I'm not sure Girardi is going to be the right answer either. I guess we will find out. But I know the old way wasn't working anymore and it was time to see if something else would.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Thanks TWN, I am glad to see you are ok. And that was a very encouraging report. I am just itching for the season to start.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Dem Yanks

Hey CP..what's up?..i'm shocked the Jeter thing has slipped past the "brigade" upstairs..you know they just LOVE those Jeter articles..LOL!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Congressional immunity unlikely for McNamee

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AotgtyIWxY9ySgmf2OntVZARvLYF?slug=ap-steroids-clemens&prov=ap&type=lgns

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Dem Yanks

Thanks Diva..sort of interesting developement...i guess they're both on the hook for better or worse.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Dem Yanks

hey 04'..Happy New Year..hope yours was good....i expect him to play for at least 4 to 5 more seasons..he's been unusually durable for one of the more demanding positons...you know anything short of gunpoint won't keep him off the field...i like his chances..for all the flack he gets from some.noone will ever be able to say he doesn't play the game right...i group him with guys like Lowell, Wake, Ortiz,Maddux..credits to the game..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Dem Yanks

Hi Macs..i'll take the mixup as a compliment...i wish i was as knowledgable as TWM...though i'd like to think i do okay..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

We would love to hear from you CP.....and I will try and send things to you also that I think you might find interesting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

Posted by yankee_diva on 11:55 AM

Congressional immunity unlikely for McNamee

If I'm his lawyer - no way he testifies without immunity..............he's clearly in legal jeopardy, evidenced by the fact that he has a plea bargain with the US Attorney for Northern Ca.

what are they thinking?

I sure wouldn't trust some Congressman or staffer who said, sure come on in and testify - we won't use any of it against you - but wouldn't give immunity............

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Dem Yanks

GA TWM...your posts speak for themselves.. i'm a bit younger than boh of you..but, like Macs i come away from your article links and posts knowing a bit more than i did going in..so know that what you bring is duly respected and appreciated..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

AP

Stubblefield pleads guilty in BALCO case

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080118/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_athletes_steroids

I will say this. The Feds aren't playing around. If Bonds lied he will go to jail, and if Clemens testifies to his innocence and it is proven he lied, they are going to prosecute him.

If I'm his lawyer - no way he testifies without immunity..............he's clearly in legal jeopardy, evidenced by the fact that he has a plea bargain with the US Attorney for Northern Ca.

what are they thinking?

I sure wouldn't trust some Congressman or staffer who said, sure come on in and testify - we won't use any of it against you - but wouldn't give immunity............

And yet if he doesn't......it will also look bad for him.

Date set for Clemens interview AP - 1 hour, 32 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Roger Clemens has been asked to meet with congressional committee staff on Jan. 26, ahead of the House hearing where he and his former trainer, Brian McNamee, have been invited to testify.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeflonPete. Show TeflonPete's posts

Dem Yanks

And yet if he doesn't......it will also look bad for him.

I wouldn't put it past the bozo's in DC to end up making this guy look sympathetic, by not gving him immunity

what do they expect, people are gonna walk in and incriminate themselves on national TV? The only way to compel self-incriminating testimony is give immunity. Aside from that, it might be like watching Ollie in Iran Contra hearings - every time there's a question asked, you lean over and listen to your attorney, and then answer the only questions that don't incriminate yourself.......

Date set for Clemens interview

wonder if there's any significance to this - originally he was going to testify, then he was going to give a deposition, now they are talking about an interview? Are they synonyms, or is there a difference between them...............

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

wonder if there's any significance to this - originally he was going to testify, then he was going to give a deposition, now they are talking about an interview? Are they synonyms, or is there a difference between them...............

I might be wrong about this.....but I believe an interview is not under oath. Although if he lies to them he could still be prosecuted for lying to Congress I believe. Not sure about that Pete. Maybe someone else could help us out here and explain it to us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Thanks Fire....I should have investigated that further. So in essense it doesn't really matter. If he lies.......he is in trouble.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

what do they expect, people are gonna walk in and incriminate themselves on national TV?

Pete, of course they do, They make a living by betting that everyone around them is stupid, and that's exactly how many of them keep getting elected.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

Among the differences is that a deposition isdelivered under oath and an interview is not, although that isn't amajor distinction, because it is a crime to lie to Congress.

It's a shame they arent as voracious in their pusuit of members of congress who lie to their employers ( us).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

what do they expect, people are gonna walk in and incriminate themselves on national TV?

Pete, of course they do, They make a living by betting that everyone around them is stupid, and that's exactly how many of them keep getting elected.

LOL Joe........that is just too funny !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dem Yanks

Well TWM, no one can say Roger is afraid to spend money. You know that lawyer didn't come cheap. He either is willing to spend that kind of money to prove his innocence or he needs that kind of lawyer to get his "butt" out of this mess. I guess we will find out soon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Dem Yanks

Gotta run....Abby and I have to get the brew on ice.....( for me...not her...LOL...)

Glad you clarified that one CP! I was thinking you were breaking her in very early

GA everyone, BTW.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

I dont know if anyone posted this already, but here it is anyway-

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/01/18/585392.aspx

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

CP, I saw some show on NESN last year about Bill Lee being in Cuba and playing there, It was pretty good stuff. It was a very good film, especially when he talks to the locals.

Now he should just get over the Yankee stuff and realize that it was his mouth, behavior, and attitude that caused most of his problems and not everyone else.

BTW, I'm lefthanded as well, and I would like to thank the"spaceman" for alerting me to the fact that left handed people are the only ones in their right mind. I always knew I was different, but was unsure of the extent till I read that quote all those years ago.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Dem Yanks

BTW, I'm hoping for a Charger win, and should that fail, then for some Mississippi magic to dispatch NE. As a Raider fan, nothing would thrill me more than seeing Charles Woodson pick off a last minute Brady pass and returning it for a game winning TD. Tuck that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Dem Yanks

Hey CP..it's a good thing non of the Chargers read the board..this one is way closer than i thought it would be..they;re really hanging in there..though i'm kind of expecting the Pats to pull away in the 4th..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Dem Yanks

CP..Pats better get in step..the Bolts are really getting after it..good read on Tulo..he plays the game right...i think the best thing is he'll be just 29 when that deal ends..he's really set up..great for him..